HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(3) Washington Capitals VS (6) New York Rangers (Schedule in Post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 02:15 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Emerick is the best in the business, hands-down.
Agreed, Strader is a solid #2

Old
04-30-2013, 02:18 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Still not as bad as ROOT with the Pens homer twins.
No one is worse then the Bruins' duo with Jack Edwards! Caps and Pens announcers are brutal though.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Looking around the boards I see people spelling Marc Staal's name as - stall, stoll and my personal fave staul !

Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but its a huge peeve of mine cause there have been THREE Staals playing in this league for years. The Cap fans(thats where I found Staul) are the worst at this since they've been playing Eric STAAL for almost 10 years now !

End rant
That gets on my nerves too. All of these guys are already established players around the league. Not to mention, if they hate the pens that much, you'd think that they knew you spell "Jordan Staal" as well.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

People can't distinguish between they're/their/there, are unaware that "should of/could of/would of" are not actual phrases, and you expect them to be able to have a grasp of vaguely foreign names?

Old
04-30-2013, 02:33 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
No one is worse then the Bruins' duo with Jack Edwards! Caps and Pens announcers are brutal though.
Edwards is bad, but at least he gives credit to the other team sometimes. His call on that Hank save is pretty wild.

Errey and Steigerwald react to goals by the other team as if the player just stabbed their puppy.

RANGERS =
Old
04-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
People can't distinguish between they're/their/there, are unaware that "should of/could of/would of" are not actual phrases, and you expect them to be able to have a grasp of vaguely foreign names?
I admit I use 'brooklyn english' around here all the time, just rather get to the point then be grammatically correct. But hockey names, especially Staal which is a huge name in pro hockey the last 10 years, two a's, thats all you have to remember. And these are posters who have thousands of posts to their cradit, posting on a hockey site for years, you'd think they'd get it. Not like you have to spell Gretzky or Lemieux, or Kotsopoulos

Old
04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Doc drinking game needs to have:

HIT THE (post, crossbar, goal post) WITH THA SHAAWT!

Old
04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I admit I use 'brooklyn english' around here all the time, just rather get to the point then be grammatically correct. But hockey names, especially Staal which is a huge name in pro hockey the last 10 years, two a's, thats all you have to remember. And these are posters who have thousands of posts to their cradit, posting on a hockey site for years, you'd think they'd get it. Not like you have to spell Gretzky or Lemieux, or Kotsopoulos
I know it's petty and not necessarily a good indicator of knowledge but when posters of other teams butcher our players names their argument becomes irrelevant to me. I just can't take them seriously.

If I'm going to discuss a player with a fan base outside my own I at least make sure I can spell his name and know a little about him.

I will check locations though as we have a pretty large international contingent and many of them aren't speaking (typing) their native tongue.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Hey, destroy Washington for me, would you?
Thanks and good luck fellas. I'll be watching every game.
I love your playoff avatars. Dat 'stache.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurbyScalper View Post
Another Rangers fan down here in DC checking in Unfortunately the wife is a Caps fan so I was talked into season tickets. That's all I have to say about that ::shudder::
Your avatar is going to give me nightmares... 3 year old dead Furby waking up in the middle of the night making noises in my closet...

Old
04-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I love Jack Edwards, he's hilarious and seems to genuinely like the Rangers. I would definitely put the Root duo below him, also not a big fan of Rick Jeanerret, he's got a horrible voice.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Affinity

People in our own fanbase still spell it Stall!

Old
04-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
People in our own fanbase still spell it Stall!
And they should get 2 mins in the box, feel shame.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Jim Ramsay

Playoff Rick Nash

Just trying to sway some of the chatter away from comparing Stepan/Backstrom and playoff announcers....

Is anyone else really intrigued/excited to see what kind of impact Nash is going to have these playoffs?

I'm not a huge Tortorella fan but I've heard him say many times this year that Nash has come to the Rangers at a great time in his career, and I agree. He has shown sometimes that his skill and brute force can be game-changing and downright dominant at times...

A great Torts quote I saw on another site regarding nash is: "Nash doesn't speak, he plays."

I think he is hungry to take the next step in establishing himself as a playoff performer, as he only really had one chance in Columbus against a great Detroit team.

I'm always excited for playoff hockey, but I am really excited to see what Nash can do with this opportunity..... I pray I'm not getting my hopes up

Old
04-30-2013, 03:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
And they should get 2 mins in the box, feel shame.
I think it should be a game misconduct, personally.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think it should be a game misconduct, personally.
Repeat offenders, most def

Hey Ramsay, Rick Nash playing in his first real playoff series, meaning with a legit team, I think he's gonna be equal to Ovie. That makes our tender and coach as the difference makers, IMO.

Old
04-30-2013, 03:32 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
Most people on HF don't know the difference between "then" and "than". Find 10 posts that use one or the other and 9 of them will be wrong.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
Just trying to sway some of the chatter away from comparing Stepan/Backstrom and playoff announcers....

Is anyone else really intrigued/excited to see what kind of impact Nash is going to have these playoffs?

I'm not a huge Tortorella fan but I've heard him say many times this year that Nash has come to the Rangers at a great time in his career, and I agree. He has shown sometimes that his skill and brute force can be game-changing and downright dominant at times...

A great Torts quote I saw on another site regarding nash is: "Nash doesn't speak, he plays."

I think he is hungry to take the next step in establishing himself as a playoff performer, as he only really had one chance in Columbus against a great Detroit team.

I'm always excited for playoff hockey, but I am really excited to see what Nash can do with this opportunity..... I pray I'm not getting my hopes up
Nash's talent is undeniable.

Im very curious to see if he has the grit/physicality necessary to be a great playoff performer. We shall see.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

After going around the league's commentators with center ice, I'm pretty sure nobody in the west has proper equipment. The video and audio quality is terrible

Old
04-30-2013, 04:16 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
After going around the league's commentators with center ice, I'm pretty sure nobody in the west has proper equipment. The video and audio quality is terrible
Canadian teams all have good productions.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Will not be growing the playoff beard this year. I hate the way I look with anything more than a nice trimmed stubble. I feel ****** about it, but at least if I don't start one, I can always shave when I want. I don't want to go for it and then change my mind during the playoffs.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Canadian teams all have good productions.
Yeah, Canada is good. So is Boston. Detroit and Chicago are okay. A few in the east are pretty good too. But a lot of the smaller teams and ****ing California are just terrible

04-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Repeat offenders, most def

Hey Ramsay, Rick Nash playing in his first real playoff series, meaning with a legit team, I think he's gonna be equal to Ovie. That makes our tender and coach as the difference makers, IMO.
Stay away from the main boards with those blasphemous ideas!

Nash should be solid and I'm excited to see what Brassard and Moore can do, they've been pushing themselves hard here.

Funny how much playoff experience this team has really. A lot of playoff vets on the roster.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Kershaw

Jack Edwards

3:20 to the end of the video. Unprofessional-ism at it's finest.

Old
04-30-2013, 04:26 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post

I think Nash's style should work well in the playoffs, far better than Gaborik's. Gabby had that tendency to find the holes in the d, sneak in them and exploit them. IMO, those opportunities are few and far between in the playoffs. Nash's game is more assertive. He has the size and strength to make offense without having to rely on the opposing D to provide him the right circumstances to do so. Of course, this is all "in theory" and we'll have to wait and see how it plays out on the ice, but I think he's going to do well. I think his style fits playoff hockey and I think he's got as much motivation to prove himself as anyone.

Closed Thread