HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: (6) New York Rangers vs. (3) Washington Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Legend23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Milbury giving props to the caps
Now you are screwed. Possibly worst GM and analyst I have ever seen.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
Possibly worst GM...
Possibly...?

Old
04-29-2013, 04:32 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
IT is speculation at this point but there have been hints from the beat writers that he will be in come Thursday along with Dorsett. Even so you had Mcdonagh on our 2nd pairing which wont happen. Without Staal:

Girardi/Mcdonagh
Stralman/ Del Zotto
Moore/Emminger

Mcdonagh and Girardi wont be split between the pairings like you were alluding to.

News regarding any injuries is very hush hush from the Rangers. I can tell you Staal has been practicing full contact for the past two weeks. Most our our beat writers assume he was being held out simply so hes more ready to go for the playoffs, should they make it. I dont know if he will be in on Thursday, though I think he will, but he will definitely be in at some point in this series.

Also, while true that our 6th d-man (Stu Bickle) just sat the bench last year, this year Torts trusts our 3rd pairing a lot. John Moore has been excellent since being acquired from Columbus and Emmy has played solid as well. We will definitely roll all 3 D-lines.
OK sounds like what I thought...baseless and wishful thinking.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/4/2...ett-marc-staal

Derek Dorsett has not been cleared for contact and will not be ready for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal against the Washington Capitals on Thursday night, according to multiple reports on Monday morning.

In addition, Rangers defenseman Marc Staal updated his status on Monday morning. Staal sustained facial fractures after being hit in the face by a deflected shot on March 5. Staal has been skating for a few weeks. However, he stated on Monday that he is still experiencing blurred vision. He is hopeful that he will be able to participate in this year's playoffs.

So Dorsett has not yet been cleared for contact and Staal is still experiencing blurred vision.

Even if they should both play it would be unreasonable to expect them to play anything close to their capabilities and if anything would be liabilities.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post

Derek Dorsett has not been cleared for contact and will not be ready for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal against the Washington Capitals on Thursday night, according to multiple reports on Monday morning.

In addition, Rangers defenseman Marc Staal updated his status on Monday morning. Staal sustained facial fractures after being hit in the face by a deflected shot on March 5. Staal has been skating for a few weeks. However, he stated on Monday that he is still experiencing blurred vision. He is hopeful that he will be able to participate in this year's playoffs.

So Dorsett has not yet been cleared for contact and Staal is still experiencing blurred vision.

Even if they should both play it would be unreasonable to expect them to play anything close to their capabilities and if anything would be liabilities.
Dorsett definitely won't be playing in game 1 like you said. He said he is hopeful of coming back at some point in the first round though which is from this tweet from practice today.

Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny 4h
and Derek Dorsett said he is hopeful of returning sometime in the first round of the playoffs

Staal's quotes from practice were a little more general about a return...

Quote:
Marc Staal practice but reported no practice, though he has not “written off” playing against the Capitals. Said he just needs two straight days where he’s feeling comfortable and confident on the ice adjusting to his blurred vision.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

04-29-2013, 05:12 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Dorsett definitely won't be playing in game 1 like you said. He said he is hopeful of coming back at some point in the first round though which is from this tweet from practice today.

Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny 4h
and Derek Dorsett said he is hopeful of returning sometime in the first round of the playoffs

Staal's quotes from practice were a little more general about a return...

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/
Neither sound too promising about a return at least for early in the series.

And it would be unfair to expect them to be full bore right off the bat being thrust into a playoff environment where every little play is magnified.

Heck I'm a bit concerned about Joel Ward and he wasn't out as long nor hurt nearly as bad as those two guys.

I would imagine they will plan on not having them and going with what they got..which on D is pretty thin without Staal.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:15 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Just spend 15 minutes talking serious **** to my uncle and cousin in NYC who are die hard Rongo and NY Football Giants fan. They blasphemed Ovie, his fiancé, and RGKnee. Avenge me, Caps!

Old
04-29-2013, 05:26 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Two of the few people who I actually enjoy going out in Seattle and watching hockey with are NY'ers and Rongos fans. We're all actually getting kind of sick of this.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:53 PM
garyjones93

vCash: 356
Seeing as you guys have GDT's with no info. What are your lines? Need to make my picks for my pool. Thanks.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:57 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjones93 View Post
Seeing as you guys have GDT's with no info. What are your lines? Need to make my picks for my pool. Thanks.
Hard to say for sure if Ward is back. Would plug him somewhere in the bottom 6 but not clear how they'd be rearranged unless he just started on the 4th line.

They were:

Johansson - Backstrom - Ovi
Erat - Ribeiro - Brouwer
Chimera - Perreault - Fehr
Volpatti - Hendricks - Beagle

Alzner - Green
Erskine - Carlson
Hillen - Oleksy

Old
04-29-2013, 06:00 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjones93 View Post
This actually made me laugh out loud. So true. Just a bunch of gifs, pictures of tanks, and people calling for George to be fired.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:01 PM
garyjones93

vCash: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Hard to say for sure if Ward is back. Would plug him somewhere in the bottom 6 but not clear how they'd be rearranged unless he just started on the 4th line.

They were:

Johansson - Backstrom - Ovi
Erat - Ribeiro - Brouwer
Chimera - Perreault - Fehr
Volpatti - Hendricks - Beagle

Alzner - Green
Erskine - Carlson
Hillen - Oleksy
Thanks, hopefully you guys can have a high scoring series with the rangers and go on. Nice to see ovi back in from. Good luck guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
This actually made me laugh out loud. So true. Just a bunch of gifs, pictures of tanks, and people calling for George to be fired.
Yeah, don't get me wrong. A few of them made me power laugh but wasn't useful to observe lines...

Last edited by garyjones93: 04-29-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old
04-29-2013, 06:14 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
you forgot the picture of Lloyd. nobody gets that. it might be time for the return of charlie daniels and we certainly will see this after each caps win....because we know it will be the referees fault that the caps won.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post

In regards to Dorsett they were still waiting on his latest CT/X Ray scan, which they did not have by this morning. So that could change very quickly. Though I wouldnt expect him to be back until around game 3 at best. I was simply going on what our beat writers had said, so of course it wasnt factual. I do think Staal will be in within the first 2 games.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/31...r#.UX8C9rVOO2V

Marc Staal continued to practice with the team as he tries to work his way back from a major eye injury sustained in early March. Staal's conditioning and on-ice play look stronger by the day, and he got quite the workout Monday defending against the Rangers top power play unit in the second part of practice.

"I haven't written myself off," Staal said of possibly playing at some point against in the Capitals series. "As of right now I have not made a decision one way or the other. Just every day I get more work in and try and improve and get ready."

Staal is making sure he does not take any shortcuts and does not rush back from this serious injury, especially because each game---each shift, really---is so important in the playoffs.

"I want to make sure I'm confident and comfortable on the ice to play in a playoff game," explained Staal. "I am working hard to get there as fast as I can."

Rangers/Torts are notoriously close to the vest when it comes to injuries. I still think he comes back for this series, and early on.

Last edited by MrEctions: 04-29-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old
04-29-2013, 06:55 PM
ForzaItalia

How does someone "adjust to blurred vision" at all? Staal is just asking to get smoked and I'm not even hating on the guy in the least.

Shut it down and come back when you're 100%.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:56 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

So I keep seeing how the Caps aren't really as good as their record because they played a lot of crap teams in April.

Well I looked it up, and the mighty Rangers played 9 of their 14 games (64%) this month against non-playoff teams. By comparison, the Caps played just 6 of 13 (46%) against teams in the bottom 7.

Just sayin'.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:57 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
How does someone "adjust to blurred vision" at all? Staal is just asking to get smoked and I'm not even hating on the guy in the least.

No chance he gets cleared for contact with blurred vision.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:58 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Unless he's going to be like Pothier and come to find out that he just needs glasses now... granted, that was after a much longer recovery time.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:58 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

I would kindly ask that Rangers fans GTFO.

There's a main board for this type of ****.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It seems like a really risky move on his part.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
A little better, wanted it Tuesday though.
im happy for it to start later.
i think we will be better prepared.
i think we have a better/smarter coach who knows how to prepare and is hungrier.

in Oates we trust.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:16 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
I would kindly ask that Rangers fans GTFO.

There's a main board for this type of ****.
Why? I mean Caps fans are more than welcome to come to our board and talk about the series. I havent seen anyone trying to flame, or cause problems? Just curious why it would be an issue for you, and if anyone was causing problems, well thats why there are moderators.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
Why? I mean Caps fans are more than welcome to come to our board and talk about the series. I havent seen anyone trying to flame, or cause problems? Just curious why it would be an issue for you, and if anyone was causing problems, well thats why there are moderators.
Forgive him. He's just a Young Turk who can't control his emotions.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:

+1. It's not about toughness, it's a serious risk of a very serious permanent health damage. Ask Pronger.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheRedDC View Post
Their goalie is the deal but our D-men can score more.
With the new more offensive system and home court I think we can win in 6. When we played more D last year was a disaster.
that raises an important point. our D are going to step up when they see the opportunity, what are their forward lines like coming back to help out?

Callahan & Stepan are solid, but their other offensive guys, now with Brassard as 3rd centre, do they push back well?

Old
04-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDog13 View Post
Oates scratching Hamrlik (who finally went bye-bye) and Schultz has resulted in my complete confidence and overall "oh-hell-yeah" mentality in his coaching. So much more confident without those two backing our blue line.
amen to that.

as i said earlier in the thread, i just see Oates mind ticking over and he knows the big picture.

when things were not going well at the start of the season, he was calm and confident that it WILL CHANGE. i had faith then, maybe blind faith in my team, but he obviously knows what hes doing, stuck to his guns and made it work.

the player development across the roster has been fantastic - another sign of a great coach.

Closed Thread