HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: (6) New York Rangers vs. (3) Washington Capitals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2013, 10:02 AM
  #201
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDog13 View Post
Caps in 2. Holtby with an Ovechtrick and Ovi with a 3 shutouts. [/too much sarcasm]
I think Caps in 6, Erat with OTGWG.
Dude, you're way behind. The Rangers already won.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:08 AM
  #202
DukeDog13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Dude, you're way behind. The Rangers already won.
****. Forget to take my crazy pills again. Or forgot to not take them. One of the two.

For cereal though, any bets on who fails to show up this series? I feel like we've failed to have a complete post-season with all of our guns in recent memory. I recall Semin, Nicky, and Green all taking turns forgetting how to hockey in the last few years. I'm hoping that trend is gone, but, with a few returning shades of the Cardiac Kids this season, I wouldn't be surprised with one absence.

DukeDog13 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:14 AM
  #203
442
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
When there's smoke, there's usually fire.

@VogsCaps: Right wing Tom Wilson will Join the Hershey Bears for Tuesday's practice. #Caps”

442 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:32 AM
  #204
Maruk moustache
Registered User
 
Maruk moustache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Eric Fehr will singlehandedly destroy the Rangers.

Maruk moustache is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:35 AM
  #205
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 12,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Good work Rouse

Who can we plan on pounding, of their lot. Strawman is the smallest of the lot. He will get bumped with Stahl in the lineup, which I think will happen. I bet we play nice to Stahl, maybe even a league directive.

Hammer is the oldest. We can try to beat him wide with speed of course

Eminger heh, he owes us for supporting him all those years.
Rouse is right, the Rags really only ran the top 2 pairs of D-men last year in the playoffs. The Caps need to take advantage of that and pound all 4 of them early and often to wear them down.

WetHog is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:36 AM
  #206
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Good work Rouse

Who can we plan on pounding, of their lot. Strawman is the smallest of the lot. He will get bumped with Stahl in the lineup, which I think will happen. I bet we play nice to Stahl, maybe even a league directive.

Hammer is the oldest. We can try to beat him wide with speed of course

Eminger heh, he owes us for supporting him all those years.
Personally I would target McDonough. I think he is their best all around Dman and would like to wear him down.

Stahll has blurred vision and is down on weight. If they bring him in it will show they are pretty desperate and looking for a spark. Vision impairment is crushing for a hockey player.

Just ask Berard or better yet that guy from that old movie "The Cutting Edge"

BobRouse is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:39 AM
  #207
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDog13 View Post
****. Forget to take my crazy pills again. Or forgot to not take them. One of the two.

For cereal though, any bets on who fails to show up this series? I feel like we've failed to have a complete post-season with all of our guns in recent memory. I recall Semin, Nicky, and Green all taking turns forgetting how to hockey in the last few years. I'm hoping that trend is gone, but, with a few returning shades of the Cardiac Kids this season, I wouldn't be surprised with one absence.
I'd be ok with Semin not showing up.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:46 AM
  #208
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,549
vCash: 500
No Wideman and Schultz along our blue line this time around. I like our chances already.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:53 AM
  #209
DukeDog13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Oates scratching Hamrlik (who finally went bye-bye) and Schultz has resulted in my complete confidence and overall "oh-hell-yeah" mentality in his coaching. So much more confident without those two backing our blue line.

DukeDog13 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
  #210
Robert Theodorson
Registered User
 
Robert Theodorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
No Wideman and Schultz along our blue line this time around. I like our chances already.
In all my years watching sports I've never seen such a positive impact occur when a team simply tells a certain player "You suck, go sit down over there" down the stretch of a season about to end.

The phrase "Addition by subtraction" needs to have Schultz's face posted next to it.

Robert Theodorson is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:00 AM
  #211
DukeDog13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I'd be ok with Semin not showing up.
There's roughly a 100% chance you'll get your wish! Don't ask how I know, I just do.

DukeDog13 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:02 AM
  #212
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 26,498
vCash: 2714
Its ironic almost how George has been preaching for mobile puck movers. Yet inks Sarge to a horrible contract, even though his skating never significantly changed. Inked Hammer on his last legs.

Then in the playoffs, sits idly by with Orlov on the shelf. And Erskine for that matter, who by sheer hustle and effort, I believe is faster than Sarge as well.

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
  #213
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDog13 View Post
There's roughly a 100% chance you'll get your wish! Don't ask how I know, I just do.
He's sitting, he's got a concussion, right?

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:21 AM
  #214
Maruk moustache
Registered User
 
Maruk moustache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Caps 15-2-2 I believe in their last 19. That's got to be the best record over that time right?

Holtby's save percentage in April was .937. Whether that's him getting hot or Caps defense getting better at preventing good chances, I don't know, but either way it's good for Washington.

Ovechkin has scored 22 goals in his last 21 games.

And Fehr is back. There is a significant chance that this is the year the Caps get back to the finals. I have extremely high hopes.

Maruk moustache is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:25 AM
  #215
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,549
vCash: 500
Had to go digging and found this in the Rangers GDT for Game 7 from last season:

2012 Game 7 PROJECTED LINES:

Alex Ovechkin (C) | Brooks Laich | Troy Brouwer
Jason Chimera | Nicklas Backstrom (A) | Alex Semin
Marcus Johansson | Matt Hendricks | Joel Ward
Keith Aucoin | Jeff Halpern | Mike Knuble (A)

Karl Alzner | John Carlson
Roman Hamrlik | Mike Green
Jeff Schultz | Dennis Wideman

*Scratches: Beagle, Collins, Eakin, Erskine, Perreault, Orlov, Sjogren


2013 PROJECTED LINES:
MAJO l Backstrom l Ovechkin
Erat l Ribeiro l Brouwer
Chimera l Perreault l Fehr
Hendricks l Beagle l Ward/Volpatti

Alzner l Green
Erskine l Carlson
Hillen l Olesky

Scratches: Schultz, Laich, Poti, Wolski

So we have 50% change in the blue line with the likes of Hamrlik and Wideman gone and Schultz in the press box. The entire 4th line from 2012 is gone along with Semin. The current 3rd and 4th lines are much more energetic, physical and grinding than the 2012 line up. This year's first and second lines are more balanced and therefore stronger.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:32 AM
  #216
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,420
vCash: 500
Any news regarding Ward's health?

Will be interesting to see where he's slotted. I'd guess Volpatti would be the one pushed out of the line-up, despite his strong play lately. Would Ward bump Fehr down to the 4th? Or would they ease Ward back in with 4th line duty?

Current:
25-85-16
24-26-83

With Ward back in the line-up, I'd guess Hendricks gets moved back to LW and Beagle resumes being the 4C, in favor of either Ward or Fehr as 4RW. Gotta respect the handedness.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:33 AM
  #217
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Oh man, I totally forgot little Keith was in our line up for the playoffs last year.

tycoonheart is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:36 AM
  #218
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Any news regarding Ward's health?

Will be interesting to see where he's slotted. I'd guess Volpatti would be the one pushed out of the line-up, despite his strong play lately. Would Ward bump Fehr down to the 4th? Or would they ease Ward back in with 4th line duty?

Current:
25-85-16
24-26-83

With Ward back in the line-up, I'd guess Hendricks gets moved back to LW and Beagle resumes being the 4C, in favor of either Ward or Fehr as 4RW. Gotta respect the handedness.
Ward worked in with the 4th line today. Have to imagine he'll be ready for Thursday.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:37 AM
  #219
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Had to go digging and found this in the Rangers GDT for Game 7 from last season:

2012 Game 7 PROJECTED LINES:

Alex Ovechkin (C) | Brooks Laich | Troy Brouwer
Jason Chimera | Nicklas Backstrom (A) | Alex Semin
Marcus Johansson | Matt Hendricks | Joel Ward
Keith Aucoin | Jeff Halpern | Mike Knuble (A)

Karl Alzner | John Carlson
Roman Hamrlik | Mike Green
Jeff Schultz | Dennis Wideman

*Scratches: Beagle, Collins, Eakin, Erskine, Perreault, Orlov, Sjogren


2013 PROJECTED LINES:
MAJO l Backstrom l Ovechkin
Erat l Ribeiro l Brouwer
Chimera l Perreault l Fehr
Hendricks l Beagle l Ward/Volpatti

Alzner l Green
Erskine l Carlson
Hillen l Olesky

Scratches: Schultz, Laich, Poti, Wolski

So we have 50% change in the blue line with the likes of Hamrlik and Wideman gone and Schultz in the press box. The entire 4th line from 2012 is gone along with Semin. The current 3rd and 4th lines are much more energetic, physical and grinding than the 2012 line up. This year's first and second lines are more balanced and therefore stronger.
Those forward lines are night and day, too. How did the Caps win any games at all?

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:48 AM
  #220
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
<Insert coin flip image here>

Stewie G is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
  #221
artilector
Registered User
 
artilector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Those forward lines are night and day, too. How did the Caps win any games at all?
Well, tbh with Hunter's system it didn't matter that much what the lines were. No need for that when you're running the "nameless mass of molasses" strat.

Lines look better this year, but there's plenty of questions. Top line needs to figure out how to spend less time on its heels, 2nd line needs to figure out chemistry, MP needs to prove he can hack it in playoffs.

Although subtraction of Schultz and Wideman is a huge addition, can't argue that, lol. It will probably be about 10x less stressful to watch these games.

artilector is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
  #222
Maruk moustache
Registered User
 
Maruk moustache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Those forward lines are night and day, too. How did the Caps win any games at all?
I know. Without Eric Fehr?

+14, led the team this year, playing less than 14 minutes per game. Two awesome game-winning goals. You can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him. New York will know the name Eric Fehr after this one is done.

Maruk moustache is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:59 AM
  #223
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 44,056
vCash: 500
rh, you seem so interested in the caps targeting a rangers defenseman like its never happened before.

last year, ovechkin vaporized girardi. he hit girardi every chance that he got and by the end of the series girardi's mobility was compromised significantly. same could be said of the 5 game series.

ovechkin always has his coverage targeted because only chara has a realistic chance of being able absorb that amount of punishment and keep going at a high level.

i expect no different this time.

the difference this season is that erat will be out with the second group putting consistant hits on mcdonough.

txpd is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
  #224
Robert Theodorson
Registered User
 
Robert Theodorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Those forward lines are night and day, too. How did the Caps win any games at all?
Reading "Jeff Schultz | Dennis Wideman" made me literally shudder.

Robert Theodorson is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 12:11 PM
  #225
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 26,498
vCash: 2714
Tex, I have not seen a concentrated effort to target a specific defensemen in decades. By us, of course. Yet it seems coaches often seem to do it to Green.

And no, Ovi hitting one of their defensemen is not what I am talking about. He often leads our team in hits. You can't read into him on his missions. He is a one man machine and has been since his first game rookie year. I am more talking about a team wide focus, a directive. Maybe its not politically correct to do anymore. One of the many things eliminated from the NHLite.

I am stunned that the NYR laid off Green last year. Remember that one game, he was just getting clobbered repeatedly, and it was hard to watch. But the Rangers stopped.

If I were the rangers, I would be targeting Hillen. He and Oleksy are getting lots of TOI.

RandyHolt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.