HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2012-2013 Playoff Discussion Thread: Kings vs Blues

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 04:29 AM
erderuft

vCash: 500
How important are these opening home games? In my opinion, if we lose them both, this series is all but over.

I mean, there's no pressure on the Kings. They know that if they lose them, they have two games in LA to make up for it. And they already have confidence from beating us in all possible ways during the season.

We absolutely have to win these games. Let's do it, Blues!

Old
04-30-2013, 07:46 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Yeah, let me apologize for some of our fans rude behavior. In general, our fans are very receptive and friendly. Not quite sure what happened today.

In any case, I'm one of the few kings posters that respects your team. I know we swept you guys in the regular season, but even then, I thought you guys were a tough matchup. Since then you guys have added J-Bo and Leopold and we've acquired Regehr, and Greene has returned from his back surgery. Also, both of our goalies seem to have found their stride. It's going to be a battle.

Let's hope that both teams can come out of the series injury free, and let the better team win.
Its ok. Thank You for the apology. I think you guys have a great team. I'm excited to play you guys and think whoever wins this series probably takes the west. Its going to be fun hockey.

You didn't have to apologize, but thank you I appreciate it. I was just wanting to talk about hockey. I'm not sure what really happened there. I know not all the kings fans are rude. It just felt that way when I was making reasonable post yet hacking everybody off and they said I was just there to tell you guys how good our team is. That's not what I was trying to do. I also can't believe I went to the trouble to apologize when I didn't think I had done anything rude, to which I was flamed once again. Seemed as if they were being childish. I didn't say anywhere we were going to destroy the kings, I don't even think I said we would beat them. I merely stated why our team is better and I was looking forward to an even series.

So thanks for understanding. Thanks for an apology that you didn't have to give. I think you are a better ambassador of your fan base than what I received. I'm still just going to stay here lol. Thanks though. You didn't have to and I appreciate knowing not everyone there thought I was being a troll. It kind of upset me, as I was just wanting to talk to our first round opponents fans about hockey. I thought that was why this site is awesome, you can see the other teams boards and talk to them as long as your not trying to troll.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:49 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by erderuft View Post
How important are these opening home games? In my opinion, if we lose them both, this series is all but over.

I mean, there's no pressure on the Kings. They know that if they lose them, they have two games in LA to make up for it. And they already have confidence from beating us in all possible ways during the season.

I agree. We have to take at least one of these games. We don't need to go to L.A. down 2, that would be bad on the boys confidence. We gotta pull out a win, two would be even better.

Old
04-30-2013, 07:57 AM
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.

Also just looking at some highlights, we had Redden (1st pairing lol) D'Agostini (4th line)..

Old
04-30-2013, 08:04 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by moolah3i4 View Post
Also just looking at some highlights, we had Redden (1st pairing lol) D'Agostini (4th line)..
Yes we are way different whether they want to see it or not. Even with the way Scwartz has been playing he is like an added forward with the confidence he has now.

I hope the Kings team underestimates us as well. I saw where Dustin Brown had said they played us several times this year and they knew what they were getting. I believe he meant our work ethic. I have to say though, I don't think anybody over there really knows what they are getting. I hope I'm right because I have a good feeling about this. I wouldn't mind losing if its in 7 in a hard fought series. I just don't want to be swept again by a bunch of arrogant power hungerers. I think we match up a lot better this time! Come on game time!! Lets go BLUES!!!

Old
04-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

It has been a turbulent short season. Starting off hot, the goaltending issues, the dumb penalties, lack of scoring, and the turn-around after acquiring JBo & Leo. Not to mention the dumb referee calls. Still can't believe they called Backes on that hit to Huskins in the early Detroit game.

But we are here today for game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs against the Kings. Our D is better. We have another goalie who is hot going in. Our 4th line kicks ass. I just hope our top 9 can neutralize the Kings. Go Blues!

Old
04-30-2013, 08:30 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff Master View Post
It has been a turbulent short season. Starting off hot, the goaltending issues, the dumb penalties, lack of scoring, and the turn-around after acquiring JBo & Leo. Not to mention the dumb referee calls. Still can't believe they called Backes on that hit to Huskins in the early Detroit game.

But we are here today for game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs against the Kings. Our D is better. We have another goalie who is hot going in. Our 4th line kicks ass. I just hope our top 9 can neutralize the Kings. Go Blues!
Yes Sir Fluff!! It's going to be a series to behold!! I see the Blues unloading the revenge factor!! I think a Roman Polak door might get opened!! Along with a can of KickBackes!! I can see Jay the Cream Puff Bouwmeester clearing the crease and sending Brownie to the ice starting his playoff career in style!!! I can't wait for the puck drop!!

Old
04-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Today marks a new chapter in the blues' long and well, odd season.

From goalie stuggles, to losing streaks, to even not being in the playoff race at one point, the blues are ready to go!

It's games and series' like this that separate the good teams from the bad .

Old
04-30-2013, 08:45 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
Today marks a new chapter in the blues' long and well, odd season.

From goalie stuggles, to losing streaks, to even not being in the playoff race at one point, the blues are ready to go!

It's games and series' like this that separate the good teams from the bad .
Yes sir Jaskin! May I also tell you as a fellow fan trying to talk to the L.A. fans. I don't think you or I were doing anything like what the L.A. fans were making us out to be. I think you made some very good points as did I. I don't think either one of us were trying to troll. I do think we defended our team that they were making fun of as they basically said we were going to get steamrolled and Elliot is a joke.

They have a good team and I think we both respect that. I think we are just super excited about our team because of the upgrades made to it. I think we have a good chance in this series and couldn't be more excited about it.

Old
04-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeman79 View Post
Yes sir Jaskin! May I also tell you as a fellow fan trying to talk to the L.A. fans. I don't think you or I were doing anything like what the L.A. fans were making us out to be. I think you made some very good points as did I. I don't think either one of us were trying to troll. I do think we defended our team that they were making fun of as they basically said we were going to get steamrolled and Elliot is a joke.

They have a good team and I think we both respect that. I think we are just super excited about our team because of the upgrades made to it. I think we have a good chance in this series and couldn't be more excited about it.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Whatever, blues hockey will play for our mouths .

Old
04-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Yeah, let me apologize for some of our fans rude behavior. In general, our fans are very receptive and friendly. Not quite sure what happened today.

In any case, I'm one of the few kings posters that respects your team. I know we swept you guys in the regular season, but even then, I thought you guys were a tough matchup. Since then you guys have added J-Bo and Leopold and we've acquired Regehr, and Greene has returned from his back surgery. Also, both of our goalies seem to have found their stride. It's going to be a battle.

Let's hope that both teams can come out of the series injury free, and let the better team win.
No worries man. It is expected, fans, in playoffs. No worries. I may have crossed the line coming in the kings forum .

Old
04-30-2013, 09:05 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Thanks man, I appreciate that. Whatever, blues hockey will play for our mouths .
Exactly! I can't wait to see them play for our mouths lol

Old
04-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeman79 View Post
Exactly! I can't wait to see them play for our mouths lol
Maybe I didn't type that the way it sounded in my head...

Either way, it's time for that step forward for the blues.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by erderuft View Post

I don't know, I wouldn't be too surprised if we ended up dropping one of the two home games after a hard fought battle. Then again, I'm also not that worried about taking the series to LA. The Blues have been good on the road this year. Playoffs are a whole different season though, we'll see if we have the tenacity to bring it...I think we do.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Looks like Oshie is in for sure now. Frank is out.

JR also stated that Jaskin will see time in the playoffs.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

If the Kings score 1st in any game, oh boy there goes the air out of the Blues sails Quick ( no pun intended )

Old
04-30-2013, 12:51 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Looks like Oshie is in for sure now. Frank is out.

JR also stated that Jaskin will see time in the playoffs.
Where are you getting this? I can't find any confirmation one way or another, other than the speculation from the practice jerseys.

Old
04-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Where are you getting this? I can't find any confirmation one way or another, other than the speculation from the practice jerseys.
JR's twitter has news as well as a brief hitch interview.

https://twitter.com/jprutherford

Old
04-30-2013, 01:08 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Thanks

Old
04-30-2013, 01:17 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
JR's twitter has news as well as a brief hitch interview.

https://twitter.com/jprutherford
Hi yjtm,

I posted a response and apology to you both on the Kings board and below on the "comprehensive" thread. I should use emoticons because I mean absolutely no disrespect to you or any Blues fans at all. It is going to be a great series and its way to much fun to have the back and forth between teams than not.

I have also posted a sort of comprehensive write up on how my fellow Kings fans see the coming series based on what I have read and heard.

Here's to a great series and may the best team win. Also to any Blues fans feel free to come by and post on the Kings boards, you guys are a class act in my experience and are always welcome.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Hi yjtm,

I posted a response and apology to you both on the Kings board and below on the "comprehensive" thread. I should use emoticons because I mean absolutely no disrespect to you or any Blues fans at all. It is going to be a great series and its way to much fun to have the back and forth between teams than not.

I have also posted a sort of comprehensive write up on how my fellow Kings fans see the coming series based on what I have read and heard.

Here's to a great series and may the best team win. Also to any Blues fans feel free to come by and post on the Kings boards, you guys are a class act in my experience and are always welcome.
Thanks man,

I really appreciate that. No harm was done. I just was getting annoyed about people underestimating the blues and therefore I let my emotions take the best of them. Again, I'm sorry and I hope we are all good. Feel free to post in the blue forum!

The players and the way they play will talk for both fan bases.

May the series be fun, and may the best team win!

Old
04-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

Vlads out? Hopefully it pays off.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:58 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Thanks man,

I really appreciate that. No harm was done. I just was getting annoyed about people underestimating the blues and therefore I let my emotions take the best of them. Again, I'm sorry and I hope we are all good. Feel free to post in the blue forum!

The players and the way they play will talk for both fan bases.

May the series be fun, and may the best team win!
Cool and thanks!

I seem to be seeing a different player in A Pie, can you give me a breakdown of his strengths and weaknesses (if any)?

I have read a bunch but would be interested in hearing what you personally have to say. Lots of great info here. I wasn't put off at all by anything you said on our thread at all by the way or any of the other Blues fans. It is no doubt going to get rough during this series but that is only going to be a testament to how solid both of these teams are and how passionate our fans are too.

To me this series can go either way but whichever of us wins I think will end up playing in the conference finals if not for the cup. You guys went out and totally changed your D by adding one great Dman and one solid one too.

A player that I think gets overlooked by allot of people around the league is Roman Polak. He has been one of my favorite players since you guys drafted him and he has turned into exactly the type of player that I thought he would be.

He could end up being a difference maker in this series with Mitchell being out.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Cool and thanks!

I seem to be seeing a different player in A Pie, can you give me a breakdown of his strengths and weaknesses (if any)?

I have read a bunch but would be interested in hearing what you personally have to say. Lots of great info here. I wasn't put off at all by anything you said on our thread at all by the way or any of the other Blues fans. It is no doubt going to get rough during this series but that is only going to be a testament to how solid both of these teams are and how passionate our fans are too.

To me this series can go either way but whichever of us wins I think will end up playing in the conference finals if not for the cup. You guys went out and totally changed your D by adding one great Dman and one solid one too.

A player that I think gets overlooked by allot of people around the league is Roman Polak. He has been one of my favorite players since you guys drafted him and he has turned into exactly the type of player that I thought he would be.

He could end up being a difference maker in this series with Mitchell being out.
The fact that it could go either way makes it even more intense.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:40 PM
ExJbeck

Perron by far looked like the worst Blue on the ice in game 1. I don't remember him not turning the puck over, which is really really sad. I wouldn't be upset if Tank is in for him next game.

Closed Thread