HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2012-2013 Playoff Discussion Thread: Kings vs Blues

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 500

Not only does he throw the knee out, he also tries the elbow. If he isn't suspended I don't even know anymore and I hate Shanahan.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Brentaur

Though they aren't finishing more chances in games, they're finishing the right chances to win games.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:16 AM
ikeman79

Huge Jackman!! Who would have thought it. The only way this series gets any better is if somebody beats the ever loving moon pie out of Brown and Penner. Penner just looks like the biggest jerk this side of the world and well Brown is just Brown unlikable at best while looking like the kid in 7th grade that tried to take your milk money every day.

Cream Puff has been great J-Bo haters. Does Mike Peca have to give a public apology after this series? He should, if not. Way to try and be a Capital A pollup Mike Peca. J-Bo has been stellar. I'm glad he has got to play on a team centered team so people can see what he really is. I'm happy for him. He's also been quite physical, he's just looked great.

But tonight is for Jax!! I'm happy for a guy that people love to hate. Huge Jackman you the man!!

Old
05-03-2013, 12:17 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post

Not only does he throw the knee out, he also tries the elbow. If he isn't suspended I don't even know anymore and I hate Shanahan.
I have hated Shanny ever since he played for the Redwings lol.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Twisted Blue

Quote:

Every time I see this I get more angry. If he want to play that kind of hockey then Reaves needs to go Bertuzzi on his ass, or better yet, Kopitar.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:23 AM
carter333167

Quote:

This guy won't stop until he's suspended for 1/2 a season, and I'm not sure that would even do it.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Brentaur

Quote:

I'd be surprised if he gets suspended since Schwartz wasn't injured and he was assessed a 2-minute penalty. But I'd sure love to see him slapped with one.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:25 AM
The Note
Unable To Even

Quote:

Most of the time I don't wish actual harm on other players but I truly hope someone absolutely destroys him. He doesn't have any regard for the safety other players. I can respect playing on the edge, but to throw a knee out AND try and decapitate Schwartz? He better be suspended at least a game. Pathetic

Old
05-03-2013, 12:26 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Blue View Post
Every time I see this I get more angry. If he want to play that kind of hockey then Reaves needs to go Bertuzzi on his ass, or better yet, Kopitar.
Yeah I said that when watching the game. Brown is straight up filth, a lot of the Kings are. They play pretty classless, if they can't beat you they just start trying to be dirty. I saw a few plays that were really dirty and looked like they had intent to injure. I'd like nothing more for Brown and Backes to get into a fight. I'd also like somebody to beat the far out of Penner that guy is about as dirty as they come. I hope its somebody tiny too that beats him up that would just be funny. Like Sobotka.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzleLoader View Post
Wow, this game and the last one... best ****ing games I've watch all year. Love the intensity.
A-freaking-men.

Just coming over to say congrats, party hard tonight, and see you heartbreakers on Saturday.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:41 AM
carter333167

Quote:

Someone should post this on the main board. There was a long discussion there regarding the hit that led to his suspension and don't forget that Pominville is still not playing. Even Roenick, who ordinarily defends DB, seems to think he's playing over the edge. Apparently, he also tried a flying elbow on Backes.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:48 AM
taylord22

Quote:

I'm a big Dustin Brown fan...but the intent there is fairly clear, and is over the edge. I don't think he was trying to injure, but he was willing to do anything to sit Schwartz on the ice.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:48 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter333167 View Post
Someone should post this on the main board. There was a long discussion there regarding the hit that led to his suspension and don't forget that Pominville is still not playing. Even Roenick, who ordinarily defends DB, seems to think he's playing over the edge. Apparently, he also tried a flying elbow on Backes.
He's a goon, he always has been, he was headhunting, he should be suspended for intent to injure in my opinion.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:49 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Anaheim is a better team than Detroit. Detroit has a lot of holes in their game. Imagine if they hadn't signed DeKeyser. They wouldn't have even made the playoffs. I have little hope that they'll win their series with The Ducks (I'd like them to win, so The Blues won't face Chicago in the 2nd seeding (same for The Sharks beating The Canucks). If everything goes well, The Blues could even end up with home ice advantage in The Western Conference Finals (not counting on it, you understand).
You are about to imagine if they hadn't signed DeKeyser because he is now done for the year with a broken thumb.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:49 AM
bcd051

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
I'm a big Dustin Brown fan...but the intent there is fairly clear, and is over the edge. I don't think he was trying to injure, but he was willing to do anything to sit Schwartz on the ice.
Anytime you aim your elbow at someone's head, there is intent to injure. While you might not be hoping for an injury, often elbow's to the head result in one.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:55 AM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 50
As the boards temporary psychic, I'm saying the Blues win Saturday, lose Monday, then win Wednesday.

All hail hypnotoad

Old
05-03-2013, 12:57 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

You Blues fans don't mind a bandwagoner jumping on for your playoff run do you? I'm an Avs fan (and Nuggets fan) who has nothing to cheer for until the draft, and I like the Blues.

Also Jaden Schwartz is awesome, and you guys have the best Jersey designs in the league.

Enough about that! Go Blues!

Old
05-03-2013, 12:57 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter333167 View Post
I did.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Brentaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
You Blues fans don't mind a bandwagoner jumping on for your playoff run do you? I'm an Avs fan (and Nuggets fan) who has nothing to cheer for until the draft, and I like the Blues.

Also Jaden Schwartz is awesome, and you guys have the best Jersey designs in the league.

Enough about that! Go Blues!
Welcome!

Old
05-03-2013, 01:07 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Not to brag..... well ok to brag a little... I was one of the few saying I wanted L.A. in the first round b, my reasoning was that we are a brand new team with JayBo, schwartz, leopold, and our 4th line. just saying haha... schwartz has to score next game or the hockey gods really really despise him lol... he's played great as usual/ expected

Old
05-03-2013, 01:16 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Glad to see the Blues won again tonight

Old
05-03-2013, 01:18 AM
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.

What Shanny needs to do is smack Dusty Brown with A Raffi Torres suspension.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:19 AM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

This is one of those playoff games where I go back to the final week of the regular season and applaud the Blues for taking care of business and securing home-ice advantage.

The Blues don't win this game if it's in LA. The crowd willed them to a victory in the third period. Been lucky to be at both games and the fans have been amazing.

The other element that's happenening is that players are stepping up and providing huge efforts relative to the regular season. Steen last night. Berglund tonight. I mentioned before the series that it would be fascinating to watch the performance of certain individuals with potential changes looming if this series was a disaster and players have stepped up which is exactly what had to happen to beat this team.

Felt like the ice was tilted for a lot of the first 40 but unlike last year and this years season series, the defenseman are doing a great job of not allowing the Kings to penetrate and collapse the slot to generate those second and third chances where they typically murder us. Elliott has been beyond solid but he hasn't had to be anything remotely close to spectacular b/c the burly Kings have been a one and done offense for the most part. That's a massive difference from that late February Blues/Kings game.

Anyway, twas an awesome couple of nights at the Scott. Go Jackman. Go Blues.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:24 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

"Don't Call Him Alex" is AWESOME

Old
05-03-2013, 01:28 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Yeah, I've been hard on Berglund again the last month or so but he was much better tonight than last, even before the goal. We need him to be a factor in at least some games. It's unrealistic for us to expect consistency from him, just don't make errors (he usually doesn't, just kinda not there too much) but he needs to be an X factor some of the time.

So does Stewart. First Berglund, hopefully next Stewart. He looks NOTHING like the guy who turned it on for 11 games or so the second quarter of the season.

Closed Thread