HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2012-2013 Playoff Discussion Thread: Kings vs Blues

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2013, 02:23 PM
  #376
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 50
I saw Stewart on a milk carton today

Mike Liut is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 02:31 PM
  #377
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Stewart played a good game other than getting stripped by Brown for a soring chance. On the winning goal he chipped the puck by a Kings player along the boards to Sobotka he took a hit to give a return pass to Stewart who carried the puck into the Kings zone and overs to Jacks for the winning goal. Not a single even strength goal for the Kings. Outstanding determination from the Blues. Last year the Kings forwards abused our defensemen in our zone. Different story this year. I have a feeling Stewart will pop in a goal or two in LA.

stlweir is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 02:37 PM
  #378
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Wow the standards for a good game have fallen.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 02:38 PM
  #379
ExJbeck
Registered User
 
ExJbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedBlues88 View Post
http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...wartz/13543316

Someone needs to serve up some good ole fashioned ass kicking.
I think we call this attempted manslaughter. Screw suspending him, might as well lock him up.

ExJbeck is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 02:41 PM
  #380
ExJbeck
Registered User
 
ExJbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Wow the standards for a good game have fallen.

ExJbeck is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 02:46 PM
  #381
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
whoa, Gryba suspended for 2 games! didn't see that coming! seems like the NHL still punishes outcomes, not actions.

I don't think Brown will get suspended, but if he does, when would we hear abut it?

frostyflo is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 02:46 PM
  #382
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
good one!

frostyflo is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 02:54 PM
  #383
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Stewart played a good game other than getting stripped by Brown for a soring chance. On the winning goal he chipped the puck by a Kings player along the boards to Sobotka he took a hit to give a return pass to Stewart who carried the puck into the Kings zone and overs to Jacks for the winning goal. Not a single even strength goal for the Kings. Outstanding determination from the Blues. Last year the Kings forwards abused our defensemen in our zone. Different story this year. I have a feeling Stewart will pop in a goal or two in LA.


Stewart played mediocre at best. I want more from him.

Mike Liut is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:06 PM
  #384
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
@helenenothelen Sutter said possibility Greene plays in Game 3. Some guys banged up, Sutter said.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:17 PM
  #385
PitchDoug
Registered User
 
PitchDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
whoa, Gryba suspended for 2 games! didn't see that coming! seems like the NHL still punishes outcomes, not actions.

I don't think Brown will get suspended, but if he does, when would we hear abut it?
I'm curious what the league does with the Brown flying elbow/knee as well? I sincerely hope it is reviewed and I can't find a justification for it not being publicly punishable in some respect. I'm not up to speed on the precedence on suspensions/fines, but the obvious intent on the Brown play is clear and is the PRECISE type of thing the league should be cracking down on. A violent intentional attempt at the head.

And my opinion isn't formed by the playoff intense battle right now. I would hope a Kings fan might agree. If a Blue made this poor of a decision on the ice, I'd expect the league to send him a message too.

PitchDoug is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:34 PM
  #386
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Man Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
This series is still a couple lucky bounces away to put LA back in their favor. I can see us giving up 2 early bad goals in a game and absolutely deflating them. If we can get at least one of these 2 in LA I will feel much more confident in closing out the series.
Agreed. The Kings were 19-4-1 at home, so as for a sweep it won't be easy. Both teams are struggling to score goals, so the Kings might win games 3 & 4 2-1 also.

JustOneB4IDie is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:43 PM
  #387
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,954
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
whoa, Gryba suspended for 2 games! didn't see that coming! seems like the NHL still punishes outcomes, not actions.

I don't think Brown will get suspended, but if he does, when would we hear abut it?
Wow, I don't like that one. I feel sick about the injury to Eller, but I really don't see what was dirty or illegal about that hit. I think the guy passing the puck to Eller has more fault than Gryba.

Meanwhile, I don't think Brown's elbow even got a passing glance from the league.

I hope the Blues sweep the Kings, if for no other reason than to limit the amount of time the Blues players are subject to reckless hits like that.

2 Minute Minor is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 03:45 PM
  #388
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 16,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
whoa, Gryba suspended for 2 games! didn't see that coming! seems like the NHL still punishes outcomes, not actions.

I don't think Brown will get suspended, but if he does, when would we hear abut it?
I have a feeling the only reason they suspended him was because Eller got hurt. From the angles I saw it looked like a clean hit. Didn't look like he hit Eller's head or anything. This itself didn't even look that bad. It was his face bouncing off the ice that looked bad. Then again there wasn't really a close up shot of the hit where you could clearly see everything.

Vladys Gumption is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
  #389
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
I have a feeling the only reason they suspended him was because Eller got hurt. From the angles I saw it looked like a clean hit. Didn't look like he hit Eller's head or anything. This itself didn't even look that bad. It was his face bouncing off the ice that looked bad. Then again there wasn't really a close up shot of the hit where you could clearly see everything.
That is why the league is a joke with discipline. That play was a clean play just a bad outcome. While dirty plays are ok if there are no injuries. Shanny is inept at his job.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 05:10 PM
  #390
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Roman Polak's fantastic play 5 on 5 is the underwritten story of this series. He got grief (IMO unwarranted) for the tying goal in Game 1, but he's been fast, physical, and he's gotten the puck out of the Blues zone extremely well. He's been an absolute difference maker on D.

The flip side of this story is Shattenkirk. Probably Hitch remembers his problems with physicality last year in this series and Polak is much better suited to that game, but it also makes you wonder their relative worth in a playoff setting, since they're all fast and phsyical, particularly in the later rounds where the Blues want to be playing. Trading Shattenkirk would definitely create a hole (and I am not advocating it) but it's possible there could be a can't miss offer out there for a top center. Shattenkirk can get you a top pick in this draft. Something to keep an eye on going forward in the postseason. Leopold isn't on Shattenkirk's level but both he and Bouwmeester can and have played plenty of the right side also.

Keep in mind that throwing an idea out for discussion is not even the same as saying I'd do it ... I just think I'd like to read that discussion (even knowing most will reflexively not consider trading him because of the hole it would leave, a position I might hold my ownself).

Defensemen Time on Ice through Two Games

Overall
1. Pietrangelo 56:15
2. Bouwmeester 48:51
3. Polak 47:54
4. Jackman 45:25
5. Shattenkirk 38:04
6. Leopold 30:52

Even Strength
1. Polak 44:06
2. Jackman 42:37
3. Pietrangelo 41:36
4. Bouwmeester 38:16
5. Shattenkirk 27:09
6. Leopold 24:09

PP
1. Pietrangelo 9:29
2. Shattenkirk 9:20
3. Leopold 6:43
4. Bouwmeester 6:34
5. Polak 0:18
6. Jackman 0:00

PK
1. Pietrangelo 5:10
2. Bouwmeester 4:01
3. Polak 3:30
4. Jackman 2:48
5. Shattenkirk 1:35
6. Leopold 0:00

PocketNines is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 05:39 PM
  #391
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 500
Wow. I knew Polak/Jackman pairing had been out there quite a bit, but I didn't realize it was THAT much.

In a slightly different direction, Kopitar has been virtually nonexistent so far. Williams, Brown, and Carter are the only forwards that have made big plays for the Kings. I don't expect that trend to continue, but I sure as hell would like it to.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
  #392
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 16,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Roman Polak's fantastic play 5 on 5 is the underwritten story of this series. He got grief (IMO unwarranted) for the tying goal in Game 1, but he's been fast, physical, and he's gotten the puck out of the Blues zone extremely well. He's been an absolute difference maker on D.

The flip side of this story is Shattenkirk. Probably Hitch remembers his problems with physicality last year in this series and Polak is much better suited to that game, but it also makes you wonder their relative worth in a playoff setting, since they're all fast and phsyical, particularly in the later rounds where the Blues want to be playing. Trading Shattenkirk would definitely create a hole (and I am not advocating it) but it's possible there could be a can't miss offer out there for a top center. Shattenkirk can get you a top pick in this draft. Something to keep an eye on going forward in the postseason. Leopold isn't on Shattenkirk's level but both he and Bouwmeester can and have played plenty of the right side also.

Keep in mind that throwing an idea out for discussion is not even the same as saying I'd do it ... I just think I'd like to read that discussion (even knowing most will reflexively not consider trading him because of the hole it would leave, a position I might hold my ownself).

Defensemen Time on Ice through Two Games

Overall
1. Pietrangelo 56:15
2. Bouwmeester 48:51
3. Polak 47:54
4. Jackman 45:25
5. Shattenkirk 38:04
6. Leopold 30:52

Even Strength
1. Polak 44:06
2. Jackman 42:37
3. Pietrangelo 41:36
4. Bouwmeester 38:16
5. Shattenkirk 27:09
6. Leopold 24:09

PP
1. Pietrangelo 9:29
2. Shattenkirk 9:20
3. Leopold 6:43
4. Bouwmeester 6:34
5. Polak 0:18
6. Jackman 0:00

PK
1. Pietrangelo 5:10
2. Bouwmeester 4:01
3. Polak 3:30
4. Jackman 2:48
5. Shattenkirk 1:35
6. Leopold 0:00
Polak has been lights out this series. He's really picked his game up. I'm very impressed. And to be totally honest, I think Shatty has looked like one of our weaker defenseman.

Vladys Gumption is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
  #393
BlueAero
Registered User
 
BlueAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedBlues88 View Post
http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...wartz/13543316

Someone needs to serve up some good ole fashioned ass kicking.
This is beginning to cause a bit of a storm on the Kings board.


Last edited by MattyMo35: 05-03-2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Moderation privacy.
BlueAero is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 07:17 PM
  #394
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Wow. I knew Polak/Jackman pairing had been out there quite a bit, but I didn't realize it was THAT much.

In a slightly different direction, Kopitar has been virtually nonexistent so far. Williams, Brown, and Carter are the only forwards that have made big plays for the Kings. I don't expect that trend to continue, but I sure as hell would like it to.
Kings fans will tell you Kopitar has been in a funk for awhile leading up to this series. He is certainly not the guy we saw last year.

They are missing beastmode Kopitar, beastmode Willie Mitchell and Matt Greene and their 4th line has changed jerseys with ours.

Our guys who are difference makers this year who weren't last year:

Pietrangelo (injured)
Schwartz (way too inexperienced at that point to handle it)
Polak
whole 4th line
Steen
Elliott
Bouwmeester (not on the team)

I won't say Jackman because I didn't think it was fair to take on some of the responsiblity of his partner Shattenkirk who was really bad last year (1st experience, very forgivable).

Bouwmeester has provided enough extra transition ability that it's cut down the burden on Pietrangelo.

If they go further they're going to play teams who aren't quite as physical as LA so Shattenkirk will probably get a few more shifts in those series. I just bet Hitchcock is watching Roman Polak's beast mode and thinking: you'll still get tons of PP time Shatty, but the physicality of this series is being better handled by Polak because of what Polak is doing so well.

Schwartz most certainly is smart enough to have benefitted from being around that series last year. His hockey sense is top notch and I bet he watched it and knew what the Blues needed to do better and he's providing it this year. Kid has been a revelation in these playoffs. Has no points and was on the three stars list both games and totally deserved to be.

The Steen we're seeing is the same Steen as the first half of 11-12 before the concussion. Remember how ridiculous that guy was? Steen-Backes-Oshie was neck and neck with the Bergeron line in Boston the first half of the season for best two-way line, and a HUGE part of that was Steen's smarts on the wing, on the forecheck. So many takeaways on a lone forecheck that led to scoring chances.

Really, really impressed with and proud of this team so far. You guys can all see that LA is a scary beast of a team and it is literally taking the best games we've seen the Blues play in at least a decade and certainly by far this group has EVER played to win. You can see why some of us didn't want to face them immediately. The best argument I saw on the other side was if you win immediately you can get on a confidence roll that can take you all the way. We'll see how healthy we are if we can hang on and win this, but for now that argument is looking a LOT better. Those of you who were true believers deserve credit for your faith. Please forgive those of us who can point to decades of flat-falling in the postseason for being skeptics.

If there's one bottom line takeaway, it's just amazing what kind of teamwide effect just choosing the right avatar concept will do. I'll have to factor that into my analysis model next time

(only the first paragraph was a direct response to Matty, the rest was kind of Friday evening Colorado-legal ramble to everyone)

PocketNines is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 08:47 PM
  #395
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.
 
moolah3i4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 910
vCash: 500
I got a question, why is Stewart not physical? I mean he hits someone here and there, but hes a big body.

moolah3i4 is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 09:08 PM
  #396
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,264
vCash: 500
Polak has been great and his strength is really showing this series as he's just throwing guys around.

I'm fine with what Leopold brings but I think those ice time numbers show that we really just have too many other players to sign to even worry about bringing him back.

Our defense is STOUT. I absolutely love it. Bouwmeester was a fantastic addition. This defense has come a long way in just the past couple years. Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Jackman, Shattenkirk, Polak is pretty much an unreal top 5. When you have guys like Cole and Russell sitting in the press box as depth, that says something.

I said it in another post, but can you guys seriously even believe that last year we had CARLO FREAKIN' COLAIACOVO playing in Bouwmeester's spot? Upgrading Petro's partner has absolutely made a HUGE impact just like I thought it would.

It really is great to see the Blues coming together as a team. Their mindset has basically done a complete 180 this series. During the regular season they were definitely mentally weak, and now all of the sudden they look very strong in that area; they are staying positive, showing passion, the whole team is on the same page - we no longer have guys out there just doing what they want - and they seem to really rally around each other and put in a strong effort when things might not be going exactly their way. It's amazing to see, and their confidence is way up. We are outclassing LA right now and really learning what it takes to be a legit playoff team. These first 2 games were not easy by any means and it's great to have a 2-0 lead, so hopefully they can just continue to do what they are doing. LA is a great team, so don't get me wrong about this, but I think most of us on this board did have an inflated sense of how good they really are. They got hot during the playoffs and everything went their way last year; they will likely never repeat that dominant of a streak ever again. There is a reason, IMO, that we have had home-ice against them both times. They've been 8th seed and 5th seed. They are a good team, but a lot of us on here acted like they were the greatest team in history that couldn't be stopped. I'm very guilty of that. Like I said, their roster is very well put together and I realize they owned us in the past, but they have some problems of their own that we are now exposing, and now we are making THEM make adjustments as opposed to vice-versa. I can see why we were nervous about playing them but our guys have stepped up in a tremendous way, and they definitely are beatable now that they are out of our heads. I really am very pleased to see that maybe LA will be the ones making changes in the offseason, and not us. Still early to say that but we really only lack a #1 center. This team is well constructed. Kudos to Armstrong for the job he's done.

And I hate Dustin Brown. I really want to see that guy get rocked a few times.

BlueDream is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 09:20 PM
  #397
BlueAero
Registered User
 
BlueAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moolah3i4 View Post
I got a question, why is Stewart not physical? I mean he hits someone here and there, but hes a big body.
I often wonder the same thing. With his size and speed, why can't he be more of a grinder like Backes is? For that matter, why can't Berglund? Seems like we only see flashes of brilliance surrounded by endless times of disappearance by these guys (add Perron to the list but I don't expect him to be a physical presence). Anyway, against a team like LA, we need all the muscle we can muster and it would sure help if these guys helping to provide it.

BlueAero is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  #398
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex
 
TheOrganist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,227
vCash: 500
I think the biggest reason why Brad Shaw can play Jackman/Polak more minutes and not have them be a detriment to the Blues' puck possession game compared to their stints together in prior years is they look so much more composed with the puck in their own end. In days gone by, they were certainly always a good defensive tandem but they hurt the production of whatever forwards they were paired with, especially Polak, who was Bryce Salvador-esque in his outlet passing. This in turn hurt the Blues' possession time as a team cause they played a ton of minutes, out of necessity back then of course. But they were a D to D, head down, bank the puck off the glass d-pair. Now, in addition to playing solid defense, they have their heads up, they're looking to push the attack, and they're jumping into the play and becoming solid two-way defenseman as opposed to solely stay-at-home. I think that's something Hitch deserves a lot of credit for cause it's a huge part of his coaching philosophy. Jackman always had an underrated first pass but his offensive instincts seem to be better than they've ever been and Polak has had some great scoring chances in 4 on 4 situations and just in general is much more under control with the puck on his stick. That stems from a system and the confidence comes from repetition and that's coaching as far as I'm concerned.

Now as for Shattenkirk, he's been fine. His workload decreased fairly substantially post-deadline and it's carried over into the post-season but he isn't playing poorly. This is a tough matchup for him and I think he's learned how to use his body and stick more effectively relative to last season when he goes up against bigger forwards. He had that one blatant giveaway in Game 1 but other than that he's been really solid especially when using the context of his performance from last post-season. He'll certainly get tested more coming up with Hitchcock unable to dictate the matchup game. You can understand Hitchcock's logic of wanting our beefiest pairing to play a lot of minutes against LA. As P9's alluded to, if the Blues were playing a different opponent such as Vancouver than the minutes would likely be allocated differently. And if the Blues didn't score early in the 3rd last night, Shattenkirk would've played a lot more with the Blues trailing.

Frankly, I trust all the D right now in their respective roles, and that includes our #7 if he were to be inserted.

TheOrganist is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
  #399
pricer502
Registered User
 
pricer502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas City
Country: United States
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Kings fans will tell you Kopitar has been in a funk for awhile leading up to this series. He is certainly not the guy we saw last year.

They are missing beastmode Kopitar, beastmode Willie Mitchell and Matt Greene and their 4th line has changed jerseys with ours.

Our guys who are difference makers this year who weren't last year:

Pietrangelo (injured)
Schwartz (way too inexperienced at that point to handle it)
Polak
whole 4th line
Steen
Elliott
Bouwmeester (not on the team)

I won't say Jackman because I didn't think it was fair to take on some of the responsiblity of his partner Shattenkirk who was really bad last year (1st experience, very forgivable).

Bouwmeester has provided enough extra transition ability that it's cut down the burden on Pietrangelo.

If they go further they're going to play teams who aren't quite as physical as LA so Shattenkirk will probably get a few more shifts in those series. I just bet Hitchcock is watching Roman Polak's beast mode and thinking: you'll still get tons of PP time Shatty, but the physicality of this series is being better handled by Polak because of what Polak is doing so well.

Schwartz most certainly is smart enough to have benefitted from being around that series last year. His hockey sense is top notch and I bet he watched it and knew what the Blues needed to do better and he's providing it this year. Kid has been a revelation in these playoffs. Has no points and was on the three stars list both games and totally deserved to be.

The Steen we're seeing is the same Steen as the first half of 11-12 before the concussion. Remember how ridiculous that guy was? Steen-Backes-Oshie was neck and neck with the Bergeron line in Boston the first half of the season for best two-way line, and a HUGE part of that was Steen's smarts on the wing, on the forecheck. So many takeaways on a lone forecheck that led to scoring chances.

Really, really impressed with and proud of this team so far. You guys can all see that LA is a scary beast of a team and it is literally taking the best games we've seen the Blues play in at least a decade and certainly by far this group has EVER played to win. You can see why some of us didn't want to face them immediately. The best argument I saw on the other side was if you win immediately you can get on a confidence roll that can take you all the way. We'll see how healthy we are if we can hang on and win this, but for now that argument is looking a LOT better. Those of you who were true believers deserve credit for your faith. Please forgive those of us who can point to decades of flat-falling in the postseason for being skeptics.

If there's one bottom line takeaway, it's just amazing what kind of teamwide effect just choosing the right avatar concept will do. I'll have to factor that into my analysis model next time

(only the first paragraph was a direct response to Matty, the rest was kind of Friday evening Colorado-legal ramble to everyone)
Great post! I agree with basically everything you said. This series is far from over but it's looking good for us. I do worry about the physical toll we are taking and the effect it will have on us moving forward. I think that is another difference between last year and this year, I feel like last year we sprinted the whole year and ran out of gas. This year it seems like we paced ourselves and now we have that extra gear for the playoffs. I think alot of the credit can be attributed to hitch, he has played guys more or less based on the situation as you explained above with shatty.

P.S this is getting way ahead of myself but if we would win the cup anyone else think it would be a nice gesture by backes to let jackman be the one who receives from the commish? Or at least the first to hoist. Alot of people give jackman a really hard time but he has been with the blues thru thick and thin and never complained and has taken home town discounts to stay here. He fills a valuable roll and even though its not flashy it's effective. I think the ROY campaign set the bar to high for him and he couldn't live up to that. In my opinion no one deserves to win it more than jackman and no one on the blues has worked harder for it. I know a lot of people will disagree with me here but I just have alot of respect for the guy. Also is he the most tenured athlete in Stl?

pricer502 is offline  
Old
05-03-2013, 10:58 PM
  #400
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
I think Shatty has actually played very well. I just think Hitch is being smart and having Shatty and Leo as PP specialists while we have Jax/Polak as our shutdown D line. So far I've been impressed with everyone's play but Stewart and somewhat Sobotka, but I'm not expecting as much out of Sobotka as I am Stewart.

Bluesman91 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.