HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Man Caves"... Anyone's Yotes Themed?

Old
06-16-2013, 11:49 AM
HockeyHillbilly

vCash: 500
"Man Caves"... Anyone's Yotes Themed?

So after a few years of finally getting around to unpacking I have way more "Junk" than I realized & have decided to focus it into a "Man Cave". My issue is do I make it Yotes-centric or just general hockey themed.

I like the current colors & logo, but to be honest a lot of the merchandise seems cheesy. I've been looking around at the other team forums that have similar threads for ideas, but was wondering if anyone here had pics they'd be willing to share of what they have here in the desert.

FYI, one Rangers fan has a bar that is veneered with hockey sticks & pucks set in a couple of inches of resin for the top. Too "extreme" for what I could get away with, but very cool.

HockeyHillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:03 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan

vCash: 50
Not exactly a "Man Cave", but our family room is Coyote themed. My wife transformed it in 2010 when I was at the last playoff game vs Detroit. It has gone through several updates over the years. My oldest daughter was doing a "Relay for Life" event at school a few days later. They raffled off an autographed Coyotes stick and she won it. I'll try to get some pictures up.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:48 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

Hockey stuff: Stars / Coyotes / Thrashers / Windsor Spitfires flags. Alex Delvecchio, Bernie Geoffrion, Mike McPhee and Ralph Strangis (Stars TV guy) signed pucks. 15 random team pucks from every arena/team I've visited (lots of defunct, minor league Texas junk ...)

Soccer stuff: scarves from various teams I've visited are thumb-tacked to the wall (looks like the most color-in-coordinated wallpaper ever.

Game programs from a handful of "big" games / playoffs / etc. I grabbed about 20 from this year's last game v Colorado just in case ... be happy to pass one on to any forum regulars if we get some bad news here in the next week or so.

Luis Gonzalez (DBacks baseball) bobble head doll.

About 100 jerseys, mostly soccer and hockey hanging in the closet.

A mess of beer mugs I collected when I lived in Germany.

Signed Jean Beliveau litho thing I got at a silent auction at a Stars game.

Framed team picture of my senior-year high school team, and of the youth team my 20-something year old dad coached back in 1977. The "C" and "A's" made of masking tape is what makes it art.

I'm annoyed by flags that have the little (R) symbol on them but not a huge deal. I like wearing jerseys not hanging them on the wall, but if I got to meet someone old and legendary or won a game-used one I'd go through the trouble of framing it. Best of luck, hope you think of some good decorating ideas!

ck26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:40 PM
HockeyHillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Not exactly a "Man Cave", but our family room is Coyote themed. My wife transformed it in 2010 when I was at the last playoff game vs Detroit. It has gone through several updates over the years. My oldest daughter was doing a "Relay for Life" event at school a few days later. They raffled off an autographed Coyotes stick and she won it. I'll try to get some pictures up.
I'd be interested in seeing them. Part of my issue so much of what I have is not Yotes related, even though they're my "Go to" team.

Here's a couple of pics of some of the stuff that will be going up...

The Gopher Poster was from the 01-02 National Championship team, the puck is from George Parros, a NYR team signed helmet from a couple of seasons ago.

I also have a framed dinner napkin signed by Herb Brooks, JP Parise, Dino Ciccarelli & Lou Nanne (All on the same napkin). A couple of sticks from over the years, a Yotes helmet, a Jarome Iginla Team Canada jersey, Yotes jerseys, etc.

Over the years I have been very grateful to be in the right place at the right time for a lot of what I have accumulated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gopher Poster.jpg‎ (82.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Puck.jpg‎ (16.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Ranger Helmet.JPG‎ (82.8 KB, 5 views)

Old
06-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Mosby
Howl On

Putting together a Coyotes "den" is something I'm definitely interested in doing. Almost a combination locker room and living room. I'd say there are 10-15 Coyotes related items in my current setup, three of which are jerseys on a wall. I think this is something I'll pursue more as I continue to accumulate Coyotes merchandise.

Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:52 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan

Here's mine.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:07 PM
HockeyHillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Here's mine.

Thanks for sharing. I like that. It's well done without being over done. Some of the others I have seen seem "Littered" with stuff. There's a balance of quality & livability.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:43 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

I have a room that is pretty trashed with Coyotes stuff. I'll try to put pics up later.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Rutkowski

Living in an apartment but I'm collecting the stuff I get for future mancavin'.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote