HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

patrick eaves

Old
04-28-2013, 08:45 AM
djdan6215

vCash: 500
patrick eaves

on the forum we never talk about depth player

patrick eaves i would like to talk about his good work this year with the wings not easy for him he's coming after a lot of injury ...

i really like his work on the three or fourth line ... i choose him before drew miller next year

djdan6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:03 AM
JPE123

I have always liked Eaves. The injury set him back a lot. For a lot of the season he was invisible. I prefer him over Drew but he has to find a way to keep contributing. That line was effective the last few games

JPE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Hckytwn
Don't do it Kenny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPE123 View Post
I have always liked Eaves. The injury set him back a lot. For a lot of the season he was invisible. I prefer him over Drew but he has to find a way to keep contributing. That line was effective the last few games
I like Eaves and Miller both, but I'd have to agree Eaves definitely has more upside when he's healthy and skating well. Both players have a touch around the net that isn't always present in a 4th liner.

I think two things hurt these players though: 1) We were always on the PK early this year, so they couldn't get into a rhythm. When the Wings stopped taking as many penalties, you saw them become more effective. 2) Obviously, the 3rd and 4th lines missed Helm and Abby (since he was "promoted") quite a bit; they would've both play better with them there, with more "normal" line combos.

Hckytwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:14 AM
RedWinger10

I like eaves he has played decent usually. Unfortunately when he's not playing 'decent' he is unnoticeable and does nothing spectacular. Most games though he is 'decent'. He's a decent depth player but should he be playing over Bertuzzi or Tatar?...HELL NO!

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Over a full season, Eaves would be on pace for about 19 points. That's pretty much in line with his usual numbers on the Wings and a nice contribution for a 4th line player.

I'd like to see him continue to see ice time, as he appears to have improved and ready to contribute after working out the kinks from losing so much time to injury.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:11 AM
silkyjohnson50*

Good to see Eaves bounce back from the injury.

If he can continue to play like he did the final few games, he'll be an effective 4th liner in the NHL. With the right bottom 6 linemates, he's very useful. If he has a linemate or linemates that are strong on the cycle, Eaves is really good at getting lost in the slot to take passes and fire shots on net. He excelled prior to his injury with Helm because of this. We seen him succeed with Tootoo to end the season playing an identical role.

silkyjohnson50* is offline   Reply With Quote