HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roy and Radulov

Old
04-28-2013, 04:07 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Not like it would ever happen. But yeah, that would be incredible.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
But that was 8 years ago when Radulov was a teenager who just came to North America. The respect might still be there but how will he handle someone like Roy getting in his face and screaming when he does something wrong?
Last year , Roy did a TV interview , he said that Him and Radu kept in touch.
Maybe Radulov would be more careful with Roy and Patrick wouldnt have to get in his face . Idk it's just speculations on my part . The way i see it, Radulov's chances to return in the NHL one day are better with Roy behind a NHL bench that they are with any other coachs.

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:26 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Last year , Roy did a TV interview , he said that Him and Radu kept in touch.
Maybe Radulov would be more careful with Roy and Patrick wouldnt have to get in his face . Idk it's just speculations on my part . The way i see it, Radulov's chances to return in the NHL one day are better with Roy behind an NHL bench that they are with any other coachs.
I think we could realistically ask this question in the future if we maybe made the playoffs, and had made it to the second round and lost in like 6 or 7 games.

I doubt he'd come over as things stand now, but almost as part of the final missing one or two pieces I could see it.

However in a couple years, it would be nice to have this as a possibility. High end UFA's are not making it to free-agency as often anymore, and that won't change with the current teams being able to offer 8 year deals.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 04-28-2013 at 04:33 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I think we could realistically ask this question in the future if we maybe made the playoffs, and had made it to the second round and lost in like 6 or 7 games.

I doubt he'd come over as things stand now, but almost as part of the final missing one or two pieces I could see it.

However in a couple years, it would be nice to have this as a possibility. High end UFA's are not making it to free-agency as often anymore, and that won't change with the current teams being able to offer 8 year deals.
See that's the thing , Let say Roy become our coach , add the second choice of this year's draft that we'll have ... with Radoulov on our top 6 we are pretty much in the playoff for 2013-14

Old
04-28-2013, 04:49 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Are everyone just ignoring that Radulov is on 9.0M per year until 2016?

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:51 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Mostly just spit-balling, but KHL contracts are never written in stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
See that's the thing , Let say Roy become our coach , add the second choice of this year's draft that we'll have ... with Radoulov on our top 6 we are pretty much in the playoff for 2013-14
I just don't seem him taking the chance and pay-cut to come over without us proving that we only need one or two more pieces. It seems like there is a desire for him to be in the NHL and win, but his contract is serious money.

The most I see him getting for a one year deal is 6-7M.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 04-28-2013 at 04:59 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
yeah , but it's fun to speculate , no ?

Old
04-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Foppa2118

Radulov had a chance as a mature adult years later to prove his doubters wrong in Nashville, and instead he proved them right. Not really interested in giving him another shot just because he played well for Roy as a junior.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Teuras
Registered offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Radulov had a chance as a mature adult years later to prove his doubters wrong in Nashville, and instead he proved them right. Not really interested in giving him another shot just because he played well for Roy as a junior.
I agree. I don't see him on our team ending well

Teuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:34 PM
NWAvs

How are they related?

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:01 PM
avsman

I'd be ecstatic

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
How are they related?
They're eskimo brothers.

Roy coached Radulov in juniors.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:22 PM
avsfan89

I do feel Roy and Varlamov could influence him to come. It's a LONG shot, but if he had to come back to the NHL, I'd bet it would be for Roy if he's an NHL coach. Not just the Avs, but anywhere.

I'd imagine Roy would have a talk with the GM and Rads to make sure everything would go smoothly.

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:46 AM
kento19
@kento19

I would love it. I love Radulov and feel bad for the kid. I know i'm the only person who feels that way.

Wasn't it proven that the whole curfew thing was blown out of proportion? Wasn't he not drinking and simply out to dinner or something?

He had an attitude as a kid and it ruined his career.

Since he is absolutely hated on in North America, and always will be, he heads back home where he is a hero, loved by everyone and making more money at home where he is comfortable and people bash him for that. If i'm radulov i'm staying home and never even going to plan a vacation the this side of the world again.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:08 AM
kento19
@kento19

Patrick Roy isn't coming here. Radulov, Definitely not. Let's for fun let's just take a look at next years team with Radulov though

Sign Roy and Radulov.

Florida take's Seth first but leaves them with an abundance of D so they trade us Kulikov for Stastny +

We draft Nate.

Buy out jones. Hejduk retires

HC: Patty ROY

Radulov Duchene Parenteau
Landeskog O'Reilly Downie
Mcginn Mackinnon Sgarbossa
Mcleod Mitchell Bordeleau

Kulikov EJ
Hejda Barrie
Wilson/Siemens Elliott

Varly

This would be fun. Likely playoff team that will just get better every year. Maybe keep Sgarbo down in the A for one more year and sign a veteran player who can score on the side of Mackinnon. I don't want Jones on his line because he will turn him into a drunk so we buy him out with vodka.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:02 AM
avsfan89

Now that Roy is probably and most likely our new head coach, let's bring in Radulov in about 1 or 2 years, who's with me!

Old
05-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I would be surprised if the KHL team would release him. Possibly if someone buys out his contract, but Avs aren't going to spend millions of dollars to get Radulov here.

Radulov will be in Russia until 2016, I suspect.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:20 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I would be surprised if the KHL team would release him. Possibly if someone buys out his contract, but Avs aren't going to spend millions of dollars to get Radulov here.

Radulov will be in Russia until 2016, I suspect.
in europe, aren't there ways to get out of contracts like 'injuries'.

I thought i read kovalchuk and others got out of their commitments and teams listed them as having 'injuries' as the reasons they were let go

Old
05-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post

I thought i read kovalchuk and others got out of their commitments and teams listed them as having 'injuries' as the reasons they were let go
The team can terminate the contract any time they want. But they want Radulov to play for them. They're not going to release him to have him play in the NHL and with the transfer agreement between KHL and NHL he wouldn't be allowed to play in the NHL as long as he has a contract with a KHL team.

He's 'stuck' in Russia until 2016. Considering the money they are paying him over there, I would expect that to be what he wants anyway.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post

Yes, but the KHL would never let one of its superstar players walk away just like that.

If Radulov wants out, either the Avs or Radulov himself would very likely have to pay a fairly large chunk, if not all of his current KHL contract.

So unless the Kronke's decide to really open the wallet now and sped a tonne of money to get him over here, I highly doubt we will see Radulov in an Avs jersey.

But I would be 100% on board with it if they did decide to do that. Radulov with Duchene and PAP would be such a strong and dynamic line.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Well, Let's hope he signs after 2016.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:55 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Radulov has an uncanny way of getting himself off teams. He was already suspended this past season by CSKA for disciplinary reasons. I'm sure he could throw a hissy fit and get off the team if he really wanted to. The issue with him in Colorado is that I would never want him on more than a 1 year deal until he had proven himself to finally be a good solider. Which would take 3-4 years for me, and I don't see him agreeing to that.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:11 AM
GeoffL19

Not a chance in hell.

He possess all of the assets management ISN'T looking for in a player.

GeoffL19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:22 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
If he can play as he did under Roy, then yes, I'd love that addition. If he is here to be the center of attention, then nope.
He'll always want to be the center of attention. The difference is that in Quebec, he did it on the ice as well as off the ice!

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Radulov has an uncanny way of getting himself off teams. He was already suspended this past season by CSKA for disciplinary reasons. I'm sure he could throw a hissy fit and get off the team if he really wanted to. The issue with him in Colorado is that I would never want him on more than a 1 year deal until he had proven himself to finally be a good solider. Which would take 3-4 years for me, and I don't see him agreeing to that.
CSKA paid $8M for Radulovs rights and are paying him $9M/year. They're not going to release him out of the kindness of their hearts or if the player is being difficult (which is probably close to his native state anyway).

Any scenario that has Radulov in NHL before 2016 will require a lot of money to CSKA and not even that may be enough. It's politics in Russia and Radulov is the symbol of the KHL being competitive.