HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Lacroix Leaves Avs Org

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2013, 09:14 PM
  #76
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 14,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Who else would give him an opportunity or a larger role than the one he had with the Avs? He was VP of hockey operations while having very little experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Jack View Post
His papa was the president of this entire nepotistic organization, where else could he possibly get a larger role?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Perhaps even having the feeling he would get fired and instead chose to step down before it happened.
This is the same guy that requested to be traded because he didn't want to play for his dad's team. Maybe he wants to pay his dues with another franchise so it looks more legitimate than climbing the ladder of his dads team.


Another possible scenario is that Sherman was the numbers guy, and Eric was the hockey guy. He made all the hockey related decisions and is being held accountable for those decisions. Hence him being so angry earlier in the year about that loss, yelling at the refs.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:32 AM
  #77
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,474
vCash: 500
Maybe some ROR situation fallout?

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:02 AM
  #78
Serenity19
Keep Flying
 
Serenity19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
This is the same guy that requested to be traded because he didn't want to play for his dad's team.
I'm happy that EL is gone as well, but this is somewhat of a misrepresentation of what happened when he was traded. Kiszla wrote a column for the Denver Post that some of the Avs players were unhappy that they couldn't freely speak their mind in the locker room because they were afraid Eric would tell his dad. The story became somewhat of a big deal at the time, and Eric was traded to LA immediately afterward. Supposedly he requested the trade to keep the locker room from fracturing. It was rumored that the key unnamed player in that piece was Keith Jones, who was traded a couple of weeks later for Shjon Podein.

Serenity19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:32 AM
  #79
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity19 View Post
I'm happy that EL is gone as well, but this is somewhat of a misrepresentation of what happened when he was traded. Kiszla wrote a column for the Denver Post that some of the Avs players were unhappy that they couldn't freely speak their mind in the locker room because they were afraid Eric would tell his dad. The story became somewhat of a big deal at the time, and Eric was traded to LA immediately afterward. Supposedly he requested the trade to keep the locker room from fracturing. It was rumored that the key unnamed player in that piece was Keith Jones, who was traded a couple of weeks later for Shjon Podein.
Loved that trade!

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 03:04 AM
  #80
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin
 
TheFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
This is the same guy that requested to be traded because he didn't want to play for his dad's team. Maybe he wants to pay his dues with another franchise so it looks more legitimate than climbing the ladder of his dads team.


Another possible scenario is that Sherman was the numbers guy, and Eric was the hockey guy. He made all the hockey related decisions and is being held accountable for those decisions. Hence him being so angry earlier in the year about that loss, yelling at the refs.
When did he yell at the refs?

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:48 AM
  #81
Hesher
down on the upside
 
Hesher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: middle of nowhere
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 1060
Very nice

Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:52 AM
  #82
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,096
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Given the limited amount of dining options on the Pepsi Center Concourse, it was only a matter of time before Eric left.

Bonzai12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:52 AM
  #83
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
When did he yell at the refs?
Phoenix game that we lost in overtime I believe.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM
  #84
ABasin
Beer is good food
 
ABasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Given the limited amount of dining options on the Pepsi Center Concourse, it was only a matter of time before Eric left.
LOL.

I'm actually very happy this has happened. The 'closed door' nepotism culture of the organization simply has to change, so I view this as a very good sign, regardless of Eric Lacroix's pedigree or ability.

Total conjecture coming here on my part - but is it really possible that this decision was made above PL? I can't imagine PL s**tcanning his own son, after propping him up the chain for a few years now.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:08 AM
  #85
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
LOL.

I'm actually very happy this has happened. The 'closed door' nepotism culture of the organization simply has to change, so I view this as a very good sign, regardless of Eric Lacroix's pedigree or ability.

Total conjecture coming here on my part - but is it really possible that this decision was made above PL? I can't imagine PL s**tcanning his own son, after propping him up the chain for a few years now.
That was my first thought.... my second one was maybe he was the main person responsible for ROR contract holdup, and the Kroenkes were pissed that he cost them so much extra money. No idea if that was actually true, but with the way that situation was handled it makes sense some heads would roll.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
  #86
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
LOL.

I'm actually very happy this has happened. The 'closed door' nepotism culture of the organization simply has to change, so I view this as a very good sign, regardless of Eric Lacroix's pedigree or ability.

Total conjecture coming here on my part - but is it really possible that this decision was made above PL? I can't imagine PL s**tcanning his own son, after propping him up the chain for a few years now.
In one of Dater's latest blogs he claims he has heard rumors Lacroix could be on his way out. Considering that is Dater's speculation take it with a grain of salt.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
  #87
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
In one of Dater's latest blogs he claims he has heard rumors Lacroix could be on his way out. Considering that is Dater's speculation take it with a grain of salt.
Dater's hindsight is totally flawless

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:17 AM
  #88
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Dater's hindsight is totally flawless
He was referring to Pierre.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:21 AM
  #89
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
He was referring to Pierre.
If PL was going to leave, I think it would have happened already. Same with Sherman.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
  #90
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,074
vCash: 50
Pretty sure Eric left because he was told he wouldn't be GM and Sakic would eventually get that role after Sherman. Makes the most sense anyways.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
  #91
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Pretty sure Eric left because he was told he wouldn't be GM and Sakic would eventually get that role after Sherman. Makes the most sense anyways.
I'm happy Eric Lacroix is gone, but Sakic is in no way qualified to be GM.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
  #92
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
I'm happy Eric Lacroix is gone, but Sakic is in no way qualified to be GM.
It didn't stop them before.

Anyway, what a great day, Sacco fired, EL leaves the organization and my hometown team Medveščak Zagreb just officialy entered the KHL.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:12 PM
  #93
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,074
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
I'm happy Eric Lacroix is gone, but Sakic is in no way qualified to be GM.
It's called mentorship. Sakic is being taught by Sherman and Billington how to be a GM. Eric was no longer next in line as Pierre saw Joe as our next GM. Whether that is going to happen or not is irrelevant to the fact that Eric left the organization.

I'd like to think Sakic can handle the job in the future. There's nothing to suggest he couldn't, afterall.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:14 PM
  #94
the_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,331
vCash: 500
Is there a chance Sherman gets fired too?

If cleaning house, clean it all the way.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:15 PM
  #95
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'd like to think Sakic can handle the job in the future. There's nothing to suggest he couldn't, afterall.
Nothing other than the fact he has zero experience and the executives he's mentoring under can't put a playoff team together.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
  #96
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
Is there a chance Sherman gets fired too?

If cleaning house, clean it all the way.
Sherman doesn't need to be fired, he has no contract for the next year according to Garrioch.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:23 PM
  #97
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 12,074
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
Nothing other than the fact he has zero experience and the executives he's mentoring under can't put a playoff team together.
Well... how do you expect anyone to get experience being a GM their first time? Everyone starts somewhere.

I'm not saying tomorrow he will be our GM, I just suspect he's the next in line for 4-5 years from now after he's been involved long enough. Sherman will stay on for awhile still.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
  #98
Cullen Bohannon
Registered User
 
Cullen Bohannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,409
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Sakic's hockey smarts as a GM. Since he was added to the "Avs Think Tank" as Executive Advisor the avs have acquired the likes of Hejda, Giguere, Varlamov, Downie, McGinn, Sgarbossa, Mitchell, Parenteau and Vincour.

Not a bad list of players at all. I don't know exactly how much input Joe had, but he knows how a winning team should look.

Cullen Bohannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:03 PM
  #99
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 500
if we're gonna make someone GM i'd rather it be Roy than Sakic.
i love Joe but Patrick has experience running and coaching a team.
Sakic would be completely green and that could be trouble.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:10 PM
  #100
Hans Landaskog
Registered User
 
Hans Landaskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 5,862
vCash: 500
But Sakic got us PAP.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.