HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Final - #1 Halifax vs. #2 Baie-Comeau

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2013, 10:00 PM
  #251
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Banville decides to be a bonehead again and runs Fucale in the last minute.

Stay classy BC.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:01 PM
  #252
George Maharis
Risk Taker
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Trey Lewis kick some ass!
Does he ever!! Two guys on him, gets one down and goes after the other..

Smart move Dom.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:01 PM
  #253
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
Banville..POS.. But wow, Lewis has 2 guys on him and just drops one of them and Verpaelst wants nothing to do with him.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:02 PM
  #254
TheScourge
Go Moose Go!
 
TheScourge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dartmouth,NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Clarke In for fucale to make sure fucale doesn't get hurt

TheScourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:03 PM
  #255
Cape Bretoner
Sydneyite
 
Cape Bretoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 4610′N6045'W
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,119
vCash: 500
Hope somebody takes Banvilles head off in game 5

Cape Bretoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:04 PM
  #256
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,385
vCash: 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxBruins View Post
Clarke In for fucale to make sure fucale doesn't get hurt
Smart move you never know what the idiots on BC are going to do.

Killahpunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
  #257
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Our top line comes alive in the 2nd and the Moose win 7-4 to take a 3-1 series win!

Let's bring this thing on home on Friday!

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:08 PM
  #258
TheScourge
Go Moose Go!
 
TheScourge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dartmouth,NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Smart move you never know what the idiots on BC are going to do.
I agree with you. Same thing happened in game 6 of the quebec series last year

TheScourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:10 PM
  #259
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,893
vCash: 500
Cadorette just wasn't up to par. Simple as that.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:11 PM
  #260
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,755
vCash: 50
BC's coach should be suspended again. He has no control over his players (Banville) who starts almost a line brawl. Luckily Lewis was on the ice.

This is just a greasey team. MacKinnon made a great call in not wanting to play there.

Dgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:17 PM
  #261
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Luckily for Lewis the only penalty on the play was a roughing call to Lemarche.

Banville is a waste of space and it was quite obvious he was put on in the last minute to cause issues. Another classy move by BC. But since the refs won't officiate properly, BC can continue to goon it up without punishment.

Then there's reports of a BC fan having to being physically escorted out after an incident in the stands with the paramedics being called to that area to attend to a cut. Of course that's the only info that has been posted so one can only assume that the injured fan was wearing a Moose jersey.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:24 PM
  #262
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,007
vCash: 500
How has MacKinnon looked in this series?

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:24 PM
  #263
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,755
vCash: 50
The camera shot to the stands where a bunch of Moose fans were with the police escorting an obviously too intoxicated man out of the building. Buddy pushes the cop and was on his ass two seconds later.

Also the middle aged women flipping off Beauchemin after they nudged Fucale was also classy.

It seems there is a population of BC fans that don't take losing well.

Dgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:34 PM
  #264
Anichels
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hub City
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
In the game summary it says that Trey Lewis was the aggressor of the last minute fight. Is this the same as an instigator and does he play next game?

Anichels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:37 PM
  #265
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichels View Post
In the game summary it says that Trey Lewis was the aggressor of the last minute fight. Is this the same as an instigator and does he play next game?
It looks like he could get suspended..I don't see how he was the aggressor though. It's not like he kept pummelling Poulin when he was down.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:10 PM
  #266
TheDinosaur
Registered User
 
TheDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
@HFXMooseheads: Beer bottle smashes on the side of the bus as we head into the hotel,glass all over the road.Can't make this stuff up. Cops have been called

****ing classless. 16-20 year old kids are you're gonna try and do physical harm to them? Classless idiots clearly fill that city. There's clearly no dignity left in that city after tonight if they can't handle losing a hockey game that teenagers are playing. Makes me sick to my stomach. Honestly should be ashamed to say you're from Baie-Comeau after tonight. Get a grip on reality and realize these are kids playing you ignorant *******s. I hope none of them have the balls to show up in Halifax on Friday and ruin ACTUAL hockey fans times with their ridiculous horns and obnoxious drunk selves. Also. Banvilles (pardon my spelling if that's incorrect) is gonna get his head taken off if he shows up Friday night.

GO MOOSE GO

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:28 PM
  #267
TheDinosaur
Registered User
 
TheDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Also, Trey Lewis is a beast. Took on two idiots at once and knocked one on his ass. Way to go Trey.

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 12:25 AM
  #268
Skip2myBordyloo
In the AHL
 
Skip2myBordyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,173
vCash: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
Also, Trey Lewis is a beast. Took on two idiots at once and knocked one on his ass. Way to go Trey.
any chance i can see video of this?

Skip2myBordyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 05:02 AM
  #269
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
@HFXMooseheads: Beer bottle smashes on the side of the bus as we head into the hotel,glass all over the road.Can't make this stuff up. Cops have been called

****ing classless. 16-20 year old kids are you're gonna try and do physical harm to them? Classless idiots clearly fill that city. There's clearly no dignity left in that city after tonight if they can't handle losing a hockey game that teenagers are playing. Makes me sick to my stomach. Honestly should be ashamed to say you're from Baie-Comeau after tonight. Get a grip on reality and realize these are kids playing you ignorant *******s. I hope none of them have the balls to show up in Halifax on Friday and ruin ACTUAL hockey fans times with their ridiculous horns and obnoxious drunk selves. Also. Banvilles (pardon my spelling if that's incorrect) is gonna get his head taken off if he shows up Friday night.

GO MOOSE GO
I think you're overreacting a bit here.

You add alcohol to any pressure filled situation and you get these kinds of events. Even in a small community like BC, you get the losers who only go to the games to drink and be at the "happening" spot. Same thing happens here (for example the idiots who tried to start the "We want the cup" chant in game 2).

Can anyone here honestly say they haven't done anything stupid while drunk?

I believe last night to be the work for a few bad (intoxicated) people and not a representation of the community at all. To suggest as much shows definite lack of comprehension of the world.

And you can't throw out the "16-20yo kids" argument and then proceed to wish harm on another "16-20yo kid".

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:14 AM
  #270
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
Yep. Add beer into it and it's a bad combo. I'm just glad minor hockey arenas don't usually serve beer..I can't imagine drunken hockey dad's when I shorten the bench when coaching.
No kidding...can you imagine!!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:36 AM
  #271
DCSemi
Registered User
 
DCSemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
@HFXMooseheads: Beer bottle smashes on the side of the bus as we head into the hotel,glass all over the road.Can't make this stuff up. Cops have been called

****ing classless. 16-20 year old kids are you're gonna try and do physical harm to them? Classless idiots clearly fill that city. There's clearly no dignity left in that city after tonight if they can't handle losing a hockey game that teenagers are playing. Makes me sick to my stomach. Honestly should be ashamed to say you're from Baie-Comeau after tonight. Get a grip on reality and realize these are kids playing you ignorant *******s. I hope none of them have the balls to show up in Halifax on Friday and ruin ACTUAL hockey fans times with their ridiculous horns and obnoxious drunk selves. Also. Banvilles (pardon my spelling if that's incorrect) is gonna get his head taken off if he shows up Friday night.

GO MOOSE GO
Hey sir.

I'm not ashamed AT ALL to say I was born and raised in Baie-Comeau. I spent 23 years there and I don't regret it at all. Now I'm living in Chicoutimi and loves it here too.

You're a complete moron to think that a few people makes the majority of the city. I bet you never step a foot in Baie-Comeau to say bullsh*t like that. Yep, there are morons in Baie-Comeau. But guess what, there are some in Rimouski, Halifax, Moncton, Sydney, Montreal, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.

I'm pretty sure Halifax aren't a classless idiot free city. I'm also pretty sure that people intoxicated with alcohol, even if they are from the Holy City Halfiax can be pure moron.

So stop with your generalization. Lots of people in BC are pretty mad at those 10-15 people who acted like pure idiots yesterday.

And just saying, of course they can go to Halifax with their horns but they can't use it. Security said that to a few people I know who made the trip to Halifax...

And like you said, to "explain" Banville's behavior, you said it yourself, it's KIDS playing. He's a kid. He lost his temper, completely. I don't excuse his behavior, but I "understand" it.

You guys will probably win the series in 5 games. So, have a nice cup of tea, enjoy your victory and I jsut hope you get smashed by Portland

Have a nice day, sir.

DCSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 07:47 AM
  #272
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSemi View Post
Hey sir.

I'm not ashamed AT ALL to say I was born and raised in Baie-Comeau. I spent 23 years there and I don't regret it at all. Now I'm living in Chicoutimi and loves it here too.

You're a complete moron to think that a few people makes the majority of the city. I bet you never step a foot in Baie-Comeau to say bullsh*t like that. Yep, there are morons in Baie-Comeau. But guess what, there are some in Rimouski, Halifax, Moncton, Sydney, Montreal, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.

I'm pretty sure Halifax aren't a classless idiot free city. I'm also pretty sure that people intoxicated with alcohol, even if they are from the Holy City Halfiax can be pure moron.

So stop with your generalization. Lots of people in BC are pretty mad at those 10-15 people who acted like pure idiots yesterday.

And just saying, of course they can go to Halifax with their horns but they can't use it. Security said that to a few people I know who made the trip to Halifax...

And like you said, to "explain" Banville's behavior, you said it yourself, it's KIDS playing. He's a kid. He lost his temper, completely. I don't excuse his behavior, but I "understand" it.

You guys will probably win the series in 5 games. So, have a nice cup of tea, enjoy your victory and I jsut hope you get smashed by Portland

Have a nice day, sir.
Well said. One person or a group of people do not represent a town or city as a whole. As I said last night, there are idiots in every arena and that will never change.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:53 AM
  #273
Cape Bretoner
Sydneyite
 
Cape Bretoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 4610′N6045'W
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
Well said. One person or a group of people do not represent a town or city as a whole. As I said last night, there are idiots in every arena and that will never change.
So you'd be as comfortable taking your kids to HLC as you would Centre200?

Cape Bretoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 08:59 AM
  #274
OMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
halifax

ok time to way in on two things

Refs- always take the brunt of the fans...happens in all leagues...chl...nhl...cis...just the way it is...all these things being brought up...in the rn series in halifax english ref Langille calls them for a penalty shot in game one...very weak call...game two Piccot(eng ref) doesnt call Hardie in last minute for taking down RN player...both I believe havent done any games since so it was addressed by the league......worst call ever could be last years Critchlow call but its a fast past games all are human

Fans - as a haligonian and moose fan I have been ashamed this year by the local fans...yes they supportive but come on they are becoming more classless all the time...when the moose were losing 2 yrs ago some nights there were 2000 people in the rink those are the true moose fans!!!! when the Gatineau kid went down they boo'd him on the ice when he got up all the moose players were tapping their sticks but the fans boo'd- why cause he was a pest???come on folks they are kids playing the game....last game in Halifax someone poured a beer on BC coaches head!!! even Mgt is becoming increasingly classless if its not called on the ice why send it into the league which has been done several times this year but a couple teams ... take pride in the fact the the Q league itself is winning the mem Cup last couple yrs and again maybe even this year...but all you people always complaining or shooting down other organizations because you can with anon on this site....start talking about the good things....

OMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
  #275
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggie View Post
ok time to way in on two things

Refs- always take the brunt of the fans...happens in all leagues...chl...nhl...cis...just the way it is...all these things being brought up...in the rn series in halifax english ref Langille calls them for a penalty shot in game one...very weak call...game two Piccot(eng ref) doesnt call Hardie in last minute for taking down RN player...both I believe havent done any games since so it was addressed by the league......worst call ever could be last years Critchlow call but its a fast past games all are human

Fans - as a haligonian and moose fan I have been ashamed this year by the local fans...yes they supportive but come on they are becoming more classless all the time...when the moose were losing 2 yrs ago some nights there were 2000 people in the rink those are the true moose fans!!!! when the Gatineau kid went down they boo'd him on the ice when he got up all the moose players were tapping their sticks but the fans boo'd- why cause he was a pest???come on folks they are kids playing the game....last game in Halifax someone poured a beer on BC coaches head!!! even Mgt is becoming increasingly classless if its not called on the ice why send it into the league which has been done several times this year but a couple teams ... take pride in the fact the the Q league itself is winning the mem Cup last couple yrs and again maybe even this year...but all you people always complaining or shooting down other organizations because you can with anon on this site....start talking about the good things....

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.