HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calling all Bruins fans living in/near Vancouver!

Old
05-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Wiggleboom

vCash: 500
Calling all Bruins fans living in/near Vancouver!

As the thread title states, just a place to get to know each other and share in our experiences being the enemy in a sea of (mostly bandwagoning) Canucks fans. I live in South Surrey and work in Langley. I find it amazing how many people, once they find out I am a Bruins fan, asked me whether I would cheer for Vancouver or Boston if they met in the finals, and then seem surprised when I say Boston of course.

I'm going to try to go to games 2, 5 and 7. Cant go to game 1 or I would as well! Now I just have to find some tickets! Anyone have any idea when the rest of the tickets go on sale to the public? I cant wait for this to get started although the next 4 days will be so enjoyable!!

Wiggleboom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Bruinsfan98

bzzz fan living in Nelson

Can't wait for wednesday

Bruinsfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 11:59 PM
milk

Send a message via MSN to milk
I live in Downtown Vancouver.
It'd be nice if we can get together somewhere (hopefully where there won't be Canucks fans harassing us) and have a good time!

milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 02:12 AM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Hey I'm in Nanaimo (Vancouver Island)
Sens fan first but there are so many ex Sens within the organization that its a no brainer for me. I hate Canucks fans and their team! Go Bruins! I'll be wearing my old black Bruins jersey every day when I go outside starting tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet up in enemy territory I am up for it!

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 06:06 AM
IrishBruin

I just left Vancouver 2 days ago. Had some choice words thrown at me as I was walking home after Bruins games before we even made the final. It was m dream final though and I'm raging not to be in the city for it. My local sports bar, The Red Card, were apparently celebrating for me last night. That'll change come wednesday

IrishBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Zillah
Bleed Black and Gold

I have been a Bruins fan since the late 60's when the Vancouver Canucks were still a WHL team . I thought growing up in a Habs household was tough but living in Vancouver with the Canucks doing so well this season has been tough . Every single time I wear a B's hat ,shirt ,jacket etc (which is often) there are comments to be made from the overly confident Canuck fans , most of whom don't even watch the team play . If I hear "how can you not be a Canuck fan if you live here ... traitor" one more time I am going to snap . I really didn't want to play he Canucks in the finals . I have no problem getting abused by the "real fans" ,the ones who bleed the colours and support the team do or die . Vancouver is loaded with the type that fly the car flags every playoffs , get real mouthy about how great Luongo is , buy the souvenir du jour and then go back into hiding after they are eliminated . The cheapest ticket for game one that I have seen today is $650 . You can imagine how the price will climb as the series goes on . They have priced the average Joe right out of it . Listening to the local sports today if it were possible for the Bruins to be eliminated in 3 games it would happen . The Lucic factor is being mentioned but other than that we are cannon fodder for the big blue machine .

Last edited by Zillah: 05-28-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Zillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 12:26 PM
AnchoRager

I am closer to Vancouver than Boston. I will coming down from Anchorage for game #2 with my coworker who is from Vancouver. He won't be sporting a Bruin's jersey though. I will though we will be section 313.

AnchoRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:25 PM
BeantownBilly

Diehard fan here in Victoria. It feels like its us vs the world here, NOBODY is giving us a chance. The arrogance and sense of entitlement from the bandwagoners here is sickening. GO B'S!!

BeantownBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:36 PM
BamBamCam*

I live in Seattle and I have been chirped at for a few weeks. Al in good fun though. Good to see Seattle having an interest in hockey even though they are rooting for the wrong team

BamBamCam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 02:59 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah View Post
I have been a Bruins fan since the late 60's when the Vancouver Canucks were still a WHL team . I thought growing up in a Habs household was tough but living in Vancouver with the Canucks doing so well this season has been tough . Every single time I wear a B's hat ,shirt ,jacket etc (which is often) there are comments to be made from the overly confident Canuck fans , most of whom don't even watch the team play . If I hear "how can you not be a Canuck fan if you live here ... traitor" one more time I am going to snap . I really didn't want to play he Canucks in the finals . I have no problem getting abused by the "real fans" ,the ones who bleed the colours and support the team do or die . Vancouver is loaded with the type that fly the car flags every playoffs , get real mouthy about how great Luongo is , buy the souvenir du jour and then go back into hiding after they are eliminated . The cheapest ticket for game one that I have seen today is $650 . You can imagine how the price will climb as the series goes on . They have priced the average Joe right out of it . Listening to the local sports today if it were possible for the Bruins to be eliminated in 3 games it would happen . The Lucic factor is being mentioned but other than that we are cannon fodder for the big blue machine .
I used to really like the team 11 years ago before I moved here. This is one of the many reasons I cant stand them now.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
It'd be nice if we can get together somewhere (hopefully where there won't be Canucks fans harassing us) and have a good time!
So you are cheering for the Bruins, I thought you might be torn.

Last edited by Neely2005: 05-28-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 04:08 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

I'm in Burnaby, surrounded by the enemy. Woke up this morning with an amazing hangover, threw on my authentic Bergeron and a Bruins cap and went to the Mall, got a lot of dirty looks and a few comments. I expect it to get more hostile as Game 1 gets closer....I LOVE IT!!

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
That cannot happen.

I'm kind of happy Boston made the final, because instead of the sickening bandwagon hockey "fans" that would cheer for Tampa just simply because they are not Vancouver we have legitimate fans who understand the game and are diehard fans.

Bruins used to be my second favourite team when Martin Lapointe and Joe Thornton were still on board. Since then, haven't really had a second team! I still feel connected to the Bruins when I watch some of their games, but it's a no-brainer who I'm cheering for.

All I have to say is good luck, B's fans!

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:22 PM
FightOwensFight

I'm a Canucks fan 1st, but a Bruins fan 2nd. I've been cheering for you the entire playoffs, and were you playing anyone else in the finals I'd be on your side. Gonna have to be putting my Lucic jersey and B's hat away for a while now though.

And if god forbid my Canucks don't win the cup, there isn't another team I'd want to lose to.

Good luck to the Bruins!

FightOwensFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Neil

B's fan for 30 plus years living in Vancouver - trying to get tickets to game 1!

Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 09:04 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
B's fan for 30 plus years living in Vancouver - trying to get tickets to game 1!
I had a chance to buy through a season ticket holder friend of mine. I'd rather watch at home, away from a building full of suits with brand new sweaters and bank the $1000.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

lifelong Bruins fan living in Tacoma WA.....
can't go to Van for any of the games, but would rather watch on big screen for free and save the $ for a return flight home to MA for a SC celebration in downtown Boston in 2 weeks.

Lam7825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 09:55 PM
icyblue

I'm going to Vancouver for game 2. I haven't purchased tickets yet. For any of you who have gone, what is Rogers Arena like for fans of opposing teams? Any particular sections to avoid? Lower or Upper bowl?

icyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

that is the loudest place ever. I've only been to regular season games- can't imagine how much louder it is for playoff, let alone SCF game. couldn't make a cell phone call during warmups even. you can feel it in your chest. I've been to concerts that weren't that loud.
ever see the dad with his little kid with seat behind the Canucks bench- the kid has Canucks industrial-type earmuffs. It is that loud- and good for the parents to protect the kids' hearing.

I always preferred Zamboni/visiting end in the lower bowl. the CBC guys hang out there too- met Kelly Hrudey and Scott Oake there. and if you want to drink beer, beware of the No Alcohol sections. Yep, they have 'em. bummer if you want a beer.

and I've been there when the Canuckleheads have booed the American National Anthem. I'm thinking anyone wearing Black and Gold or anything resembling a US flag will get some serious grief. Well worth it when the boys win, though.

Lauri from Tacoma

one more thing- we always give the arena staff grief because they wear Bruins black and gold. give 'em hell!

Last edited by Lam7825: 05-28-2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old
05-28-2011, 10:25 PM
icyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam7825 View Post
that is the loudest place ever. I've only been to regular season games- can't imagine how much louder it is for playoff, let alone SCF game. couldn't make a cell phone call during warmups even. you can feel it in your chest. I've been to concerts that weren't that loud.
ever see the dad with his little kid with seat behind the Canucks bench- the kid has Canucks industrial-type earmuffs. It is that loud- and good for the parents to protect the kids' hearing.

I always preferred Zamboni/visiting end in the lower bowl. the CBC guys hang out there too- met Kelly Hrudey and Scott Oake there. and if you want to drink beer, beware of the No Alcohol sections. Yep, they have 'em. bummer if you want a beer.

and I've been there when the Canuckleheads have booed the American National Anthem. I'm thinking anyone wearing Black and Gold or anything resembling a US flag will get some serious grief. Well worth it when the boys win, though.

Lauri from Tacoma

one more thing- we always give the arena staff grief because they wear Bruins black and gold. give 'em hell!
Thanks for the info! Have you sat in the upper bowl before?

icyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Grumpy Grizz

I live in Comox on Vancouver Island. There are so many cars with flags flying canuck emblems it makes me sick. At least my son is cheering for the Bruins, he can't stand the Canucks, but he's a Wings fan. My next door neighbours' son is a Bruins fans so he proudly shows off his Bruins cap, his dad is a Leafs fan so we always razz him.I'll be wearing my jersey around town, so it'll be interesting to see the reaction.

Grizz

Grumpy Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM
chillydog
Rookie User

Boston fans in Vancouver

I"m from Boston and living in Vancouver now. I will be watching game 1 at Joeys on Burrard and Smithe on Wed. I'm not afraid to wear my boston gear. Most Vancouver fans think the B on my hat and jersey stands for Beer.

Hope to see some fellow Boston fans there!

Is there somewhere else in Vancouver where Boston fans are getting together?

chillydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyblue View Post
Thanks for the info! Have you sat in the upper bowl before?
nope- but am sure it's quite loud up there too. have you ever been to a game in Boston? I've been to both Boston Gardens- and for sure the "new" arena in Vancouver (whatever they call it- GM Place or Rogers Arena) is WAY louder.
and am not entirely sure- but the seating does seem a bit steeper than in other arenas. but maybe that's just me.

Old
05-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillydog View Post
I"m from Boston and living in Vancouver now. I will be watching game 1 at Joeys on Burrard and Smithe on Wed. I'm not afraid to wear my boston gear. Most Vancouver fans think the B on my hat and jersey stands for Beer.

Hope to see some fellow Boston fans there!

Is there somewhere else in Vancouver where Boston fans are getting together?
Welcome to the board, Vancouver Bruin fan! you're in good hands here.

Old
05-28-2011, 11:41 PM
SupremefartMachine

Well I'm in Vermont, so if anyone wants to meet to drink a few beers and watch the Bruins win the Stanley Cup...I hate you all!

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote