Leafs in 7 26 9.52%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 10:21 AM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
I see Boston struggling out of the gate, possibly dropping both home games. Boston in 7 though.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:22 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
I'm very excited for this series

I would have preferred home ice for two rounds instead of just guaranteed one, but I LOVE the fact we get to play the leafs after their drought. It's going to be electric

Old
04-29-2013, 10:30 AM
qc
#TeamClode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
I'm very excited for this series

I would have preferred home ice for two rounds instead of just guaranteed one, but I LOVE the fact we get to play the leafs after their drought. It's going to be electric
They are quite cocky over on their forum, I'm reading posts such as "I don't care if we injure Seguin, take him out!" "Colton Orr needs to run Rask" "We need to crosscheck Bergeron in the back"

They log a ton of fighting majors this season, and suddenly they think they are the 1970s flyers

Old
04-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC View Post
They are quite cocky over on their forum, I'm reading posts such as "I don't care if we injure Seguin, take him out!" "Colton Orr needs to run Rask" "We need to crosscheck Bergeron in the back"

They log a ton of fighting majors this season, and suddenly they think they are the 1970s flyers
Leaf fans they're an interesting blend of ignorance & arrogance.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:51 AM
lopey

I like this mathcup because the leafs play the same style as us and will be physical, and wake this team up. They played there game yesterday, physical and hard hitting, which is what they have to do. They have to get out of this scoring slump and I think this series does it for them

I say B's in 6

Old
04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
As a habs fan... You guys have the clear advantage here. Yes you've been on a bad streak, but the leafs just lost to the habs 4-1. Reimer got pulled, not a good time for them either, Bruins have the playoffs experience, Leafs really don't have ANY besides Lupul. Bruins are a much tougher team outside of Toronto's 4rth line, Bruins in 6.
Thanks, this means a lot coming from you.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 571
I don't what the deal with the Bruins is but it's bad. I was saying this watching the game last night to my dad: How many goals have they had in the past month that weren't either a lucky shot from the point, or just a shot that gets a weird deflection and bounces in. I haven't seen more then a few nice goals that came from 3-4 nice consecutive passes to set up someone with a half open net. I know its easier said then done, but other good teams do it.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:26 AM
bostonphoenix

I dont think you should have high hopes when Bill Ladd picks Toronto in 7. He's usually pretty spot on.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:45 AM
GodTukka*

I have to say this is kind of hilarious, both fanbases are basically telling each other:

"You're gonna kick our ass, NO, you're gonna kick OUR ass!"

Seems like confidence isn't running high in either camp >_>

Old
04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
They've lose 7 of 9. Optimism is one thing, but how can people be so cocky going into this?
It's one thing to lose a game here and there.

It's another to lose 4 out of 7 to the same inferior team in the playoffs.

Sure 7 out of 9 ain't good. But the opposing team ain't the Hawks either and lost 4 of their last 6 themselves.

And how many of the 37% that voted for the Leafs are Bruins fans?

Old
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
I dont think you should have high hopes when Bill Ladd picks Toronto in 7. He's usually pretty spot on.
Hopefully he'll post an explanation of his vote.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
B's in 7.

We are in the playoffs.

I am all for positive energy.

Go BRUINS.

We all know the B's can and will play better than what we have seen of late.

GO BRUINS! !!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ladyfan: 04-29-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
I have to say this is kind of hilarious, both fanbases are basically telling each other:

"You're gonna kick our ass, NO, you're gonna kick OUR ass!"

Seems like confidence isn't running high in either camp >_>
Pretty much. In the pregame discussion in the main board, the neutral fans seem to have the more confident, assured opinions while Leaf and Bruin fans are playing the hot potato version of trash-talking.

Two of the bigger fan bases on this site. That's a lot of little black rain clouds.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:21 PM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

They better make it to Round 2...I can't go to any Round 1 game and I've seen a playoff game the last 4 years...

...They're also undefeated when I attend. 5-0, 4-0 in OT, and the one that wasn't was against the Canucks in Game 6.

Bruins in 5. I think Toronto is the perfect team to play. Wake those B's up!

Old
04-29-2013, 01:33 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

I'm guessing there are A LOT of new Bruin fans either that or you guys haven't been paying attention the last 2 years.

Boston is 9-1 in their last 10 against Toronto and yet I visit your forum and a lot of you are convinced you'll lose. WHY??????? seriously because I have been watching and sure this year the gap is closing but still we come up short almost EVERY TIME yet Bruin fans have no confidence WHY??????

Old
04-29-2013, 01:37 PM
supaguy46
Rookie User

I registered just so I could share my two cents. I am pretty surprised to see a lack of confidence in the team who just won the cup two years ago and has an improved roster (minus losing Thomas). Here's why the Leafs won't take this series:

1) The leafs have only beaten the B's once in the past two seasons. More specifically, the Leafs are 1-8-1 in their last 10 regular season games against the Bruins.
2) Seguin/Kessel factor. Sure, Kessel has been a lot better than Seguin this season. Consider these stats though: Seguin has 10 goals and 16 points against the Leafs and Kessel only has 3 points. Now, consider this stat: KESSEL HAS NOT SCORED AN EVEN-STRENGTH GOAL AGAINST THE B's EVER (22 games)!
3) Home ice advantage. The B's have a way better home ice record than the Leafs. I don't think it will take the B's 7 games to win, but I doubt the Leafs can win in Boston.
4) Playoff experience. Practically every player on the B's team has some, if not a lot of playoff experience. Contrast that with the Leafs having Lupul, JVR, Kessel, & Phaneuf.
5) Playoff mode is totally different than season mode: Lucic, Horton, even Chara have not been very good this season but can they turn it on when it matters most? History suggests they can.

B's in six...and that's being generous. If the Leafs win a game or two it's because Reimer steals them.

Last edited by supaguy46: 04-29-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old
04-29-2013, 01:39 PM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I'm guessing there are A LOT of new Bruin fans either that or you guys haven't been paying attention the last 2 years.

Boston is 9-1 in their last 10 against Toronto and yet I visit your forum and a lot of you are convinced you'll lose. WHY??????? seriously because I have been watching and sure this year the gap is closing but still we come up short almost EVERY TIME yet Bruin fans have no confidence WHY??????
Mainly because both teams are different.

That Toronto team was a pushover, now? not so much

Boston has seemingly lost a lot of it's swagger and will going in to this series with key guys like Lucic disappearing.

I have a feeling they will lose (I posted an analysis as to why in the pre game topic) but i still believe they can win (keyword being can) this

I'm not one of the few who are writing them off completely but my confidence isn't exactly brimming at the moment

Old
04-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Falon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaguy46 View Post
I registered just so I could share my two cents. I am pretty surprised to see a lack of confidence in the team who just won the cup two years ago and has an improved roster (minus losing Thomas). Here's why the Leafs won't take this series:

1) The leafs have only beaten the B's once in the past two season. More specifically, the Leafs are 1-8-1 in their last 10 regular season games against the Bruins.
2) Seguin/Kessel factor. Sure, Kessel has been a lot better than Seguin this season. Consider these stats though: Seguin has 10 goals and 16 points against the Leafs and Kessel only has 3 points. Now, consider this stat: KESSEL HAS NOT SCORED AN EVEN-STRENGTH GOAL AGAINST THE B's EVER (22 games)!
3) Home ice advantage. The B's have a way better home ice record than the Leafs. I don't think it will take the B's 7 games to win, but I doubt the Leafs can win in Boston.
4) Playoff experience. Practically every player on the B's team has some, if not a lot of playoff experience. Contrast that with the Leafs having Lupul, JVR, Kessel, & Phaneuf.
5) Playoff mode is totally different than season mode: Lucic, Horton, even Chara have not been very good this season but can they turn it on when it matters most? History suggests they can.

B's in six...and that's being generous.
Leafs fan here and this post is the kind that surprises me. I think you are underestimating the Leafs, which will ultimately be the Bruins downfall. Yes, the Bruins can and have regularly shut down Kessel, and his line. That has been their focus, and has won them the vast majority of games over the past few years. The problem that you seem to miss is that the Leafs have changed, and the Bruins have not. Every team will put together a shut down line, the Bruins will seek to shut down the Kessel line, and Leafs will do so against Bergeron's. I expect both lines to held largely in check and non-factors due to that. If Julien blows his wad on defending Kessel, and you know he will, he will let Kadri skate right through them. It is not Kessel that the Bruins are concerned about, it is Kadri's. And as you pointed out, he will be playing with the player who has the MOST playoff experience.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:01 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Leaf fans they're an interesting blend of ignorance & arrogance.
ROFL I suppose that comment was enlightened and humble ? Fail.

Leaf Fan Bashers aside I voted you guys in 6. Chara shutting Phil down and your experience make me think the Bruins have the edge if they can break out of their funk. I can also see Jagr being a serious playoff factor, great pick up.

Either way best of luck ! Bruins are one of my favorite teams so I won't mind seeing you guys go far if you take us out. If you take us out and fizzle I will be less thrilled. Should be some great hockey either way.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaguy46 View Post

1) The leafs have only beaten the B's once in the past two seasons. More specifically, the Leafs are 1-8-1 in their last 10 regular season games against the Bruins.

B's in six...and that's being generous. If the Leafs win a game or two it's because Reimer steals them.
Nice first post. Welcome!

Old
04-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Frelimo

Leaf fan here. The Boston in 4 voters are delusional - thinking of last years Leafs. This won't be an easy series for the Bruins but they'll pull it out. Both teams are playing poorly but I think Boston's depth, defence, and playoff experience will prevail. I bitterly say Bruins in 6, possibly in 5. Wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs somehow pull this off though. Reimer has been playing great, it's just the team in front has mailed it in since they've clinched.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Squirrell71
Offensive

Sweep. We'll get to Reimer. However I'm afraid that's as far as they'll get this year. Out in the 2nd round. Lets hope not though. lol

Old
04-29-2013, 05:13 PM
qc
#TeamClode

Bozak's health status is a factor, FO% is very important for the Bruins... I still have nightmares of Jay Beagle from last year's playoffs

Old
04-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Only in the 1985 playoffs did I have lower expectation for the Bruins than right now.

That being the case, I'm more relaxed and really looking forward to this series.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Some great posts and debate here. That is great to see!

I voted TO in 6. Reason for me is we might beat ourselves. Missed PP's, turnovers, weak goals let in. It shouldn't happen. We have a lot more - MUCH MORE - depth than TO.

If Kessel scores in the first game, then we are in trouble. Just a feeling. Hope like hell I am wrong.

Closed Thread