HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Dalpe - 1 year/2-way 550k

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 01:19 PM
  #1
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 26,989
vCash: 500
Zac Dalpe - 1 year/2-way 550k

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=678463

So Dalpe gets the 2-way deal. Have to think Rutherford held his ground on that one with so many one-ways already.

That article lists Dalpe at 6'1'' 190lbs. Is he really that big? He must be the smallest 6'1'' guy I've ever seen.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:28 PM
  #2
Guy
Registered User
 
Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Must have been negotiating over that extra 25k guaranteed if he's in the AHL all year, which is unlikely. Can't complain about getting a potential top 9 guy under contract for the league minimum.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
  #3
BanginLikeaBiscuit
Dobby
 
BanginLikeaBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 500
Looks like JR is learning to not give a 1-way in the second year. Good deal.

BanginLikeaBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 01:58 PM
  #4
salim919
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Boychuk is the only RFA left. I see him getting 550k or nothing at all.

salim919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 02:29 PM
  #5
Zombie Mike Murphy
Registered User
 
Zombie Mike Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
If Boychuk gets more than 550k with no guarantee that's an outrage. If he wants make more than $80k or whatever his AHL deal would be, make him bust his ass (not exactly his strength, historically) and earn the callup.

Zombie Mike Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:50 PM
  #6
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Mike Murphy View Post
If Boychuk gets more than 550k with no guarantee that's an outrage. If he wants make more than $80k or whatever his AHL deal would be, make him bust his ass (not exactly his strength, historically) and earn the callup.
I don't understand this. Does it really matter what Boychuk gets at the NHL level if there's no guarantee? His NHL salary is only relevant if he's at the NHL level and with no guarantee, it's on him to make it.

Not sure why it would be an outrage if he makes more than $550K with no guarantee.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:19 PM
  #7
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I think historically you're required to give a guy 10% more than he made on his last contract and with all the NHL time that Boychuk "earned" last year in his world tour I think he's going to command a bit more than Dalpe. To be honest though, if he went to the KHL I wouldn't shed too many tears.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:25 PM
  #8
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I think historically you're required to give a guy 10% more than he made on his last contract and with all the NHL time that Boychuk "earned" last year in his world tour I think he's going to command a bit more than Dalpe. To be honest though, if he went to the KHL I wouldn't shed too many tears.
And that's fair. I just didn't understand why he said it would be an outrage. I mean the NHL salary only applies if he makes the NHL so (a) if he doesn't, it's irrelevant and (b) if he does (unlikely), he would be in a top 9 role so more than $550K is fine.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:38 PM
  #9
Zombie Mike Murphy
Registered User
 
Zombie Mike Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
What kind of message does it send to guys like Rask and Lindholm to see Boychuk phone it in and still get paid.

Zombie Mike Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:54 PM
  #10
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Mike Murphy View Post
What kind of message does it send to guys like Rask and Lindholm to see Boychuk phone it in and still get paid.
I don't think either are too envious of what.... the $250k that both of these guys earned last year? Lindholm will probably make more this year alone than these two have earned their entire careers based upon NHL service time and slot bonuses.

The truth of minor league hockey is that if you're not playing to promote, whether it's CHL (not Canadian Juniors), ECHL, AHL, or Europe.... you're not playing to make a living. There are board members here that probably made more than these guys last year. And if they're reading this, please send me money.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:43 PM
  #11
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 19,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Mike Murphy View Post
What kind of message does it send to guys like Rask and Lindholm to see Boychuk phone it in and still get paid.
So simply not being good enough to play in the NHL = phoning it to get paid?

Otherwise your post makes zero sense because similar situations to this one happen all the time in the NHL where an older, mostly failed prospect earns another contract even when younger, more promising prospects are already there to potentially replace him.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:04 PM
  #12
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 500
Would love to see Dalpe step up and earn a wing spot. Even if he just tops out as a 15 goal, 30 point kind of guy it would make the lineup sooooo much better.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:08 PM
  #13
Frank Booth239*
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lumberton, NC
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
I'd be outraged if Boychuck earned more than a cup full of warm urine.

But the real outrage is that guys like him, Dalpe, Bowman, and Dwyer are on the team, and so many people talk about trading Gleason and Ruutu.

Frank Booth239* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:16 PM
  #14
Jussijuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth23 View Post
I'd be outraged if Boychuck earned more than a cup full of warm urine.

But the real outrage is that guys like him, Dalpe, Bowman, and Dwyer are on the team, and so many people talk about trading Gleason and Ruutu.
Dwyer is the best defensive forward on the Canes bottom-6 on a cheap deal... Would be foolish to trade him. Dalpe and Bowman are making league minimum (or within $50k) with a shot at developing into top-9 contributors.

Ruutu and Gleason are both making $3.5+ million, overpaid by at least a half million, signed long-term, and have each had significant struggles in the past year.

Jussijuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:39 PM
  #15
Frank Booth239*
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lumberton, NC
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussijuice View Post
Dwyer is the best defensive forward on the Canes bottom-6 on a cheap deal... Would be foolish to trade him. Dalpe and Bowman are making league minimum (or within $50k) with a shot at developing into top-9 contributors.

Ruutu and Gleason are both making $3.5+ million, overpaid by at least a half million, signed long-term, and have each had significant struggles in the past year.
I don't mind Dwyer as much as the other permanent AHL Yo-Yos that they have cultivated over the past few years, and I agree that they pay Rutuu and Gleason more than they are worth. I'm sure a few of them could be packaged to get somebody who could actually score goals AND lay hits, you know, like other teams have.

But those two and Westgarth are the only thing that prevents the Canes from being physically dominated and the fanbase embarrassed on a nightly basis.

Frank Booth239* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:42 PM
  #16
Jussijuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth23 View Post
I don't mind Dwyer as much as the other permanent AHL Yo-Yos that they have cultivated over the past few years, and I agree that they pay Rutuu and Gleason more than they are worth. I'm sure a few of them could be packaged to get somebody who could actually score goals AND lay hits, you know, like other teams have.

But those two and Westgarth are the only thing that prevents the Canes from being physically dominated and the fanbase embarrassed on a nightly basis.
I honestly don't think JR really minds being a soft team. Think about it, of ALL the great, big 4th line grinding hitters on LA he chose to deal a 4th for Westgarth. I find it hard to believe he couldn't have paid a minimal amount more and had Clifford, Lewis, or Nolan who are all more ideal options.

Jussijuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:54 AM
  #17
impeach estaalo
timgleson
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 500
Dalpe is coming off his ELC, Boychuk off his second contract. I'm pretty sure that Jerome Samson got more than 80k in the same situation as Boychuk, where was the outrage over that?

I find it hilarious that people have an issue with Boychuk getting a qualifying offer and potentially making more than 80k but no problem with a guys like Terry and Blanchard and Samson getting two-year deals for more money. And aren't Sutter and Bellemore getting 200-250 guaranteed? Yet signing Charlotte's best point producer over the past three years is an outrage.

I guess character assassination works. Boychuk phones it in while Dalpe is such a hardworker. Lol.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:37 AM
  #18
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall
 
halleJOKEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,065
vCash: 500
#SaveZachBoychuk

halleJOKEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.