crik

vCash: 500
Jevpalovs is the best

crik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:21 PM
NA Scouting

Players that have impressed so far at camp are Martel, Sanche, Bédard, Bahl, Decelles, Montembault, Walcott, Caron and Dufort-Plante.

The Armada will have a surprisingly great offense, a young but talented defense and great goaltending this season. Opening lineup now looks like:

Clapperton - Roy - Jevpalovs
Tesink - Martel - Hinds
Sanche - Aronsson - Hodhod
Brown - Bergeron - Strong
*Dufort-Plante/Tremblay/Cusson

Picard - Bahl
Beaudoin - Bédard
Hoyles - Walcott
*Halbert

Marcoux - Decelles - Montembault

NA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:24 PM
NA Scouting

My point predictions:

Roy 87
Clapperton 85
Tesink 59
Martel 58
Jevpalovs 53
Sanche 52
Aronsson 46
Hodhod 42
Bahl 40
Picard 38
Hinds 37
Bédard 28
Brown 24
Bergeron 23
Hoyles 20
Beaudoin 14
Walcott 13
Halbert 6
Strong 4

Old
08-23-2013, 08:51 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
My point predictions:

Roy 87
Clapperton 85
Tesink 59
Martel 58
Jevpalovs 53
Sanche 52
Aronsson 46
Hodhod 42
Bahl 40
Picard 38
Hinds 37
Bédard 28
Brown 24
Bergeron 23
Hoyles 20
Beaudoin 14
Walcott 13
Halbert 6
Strong 4
You'll think they'll score more than last season's squad ?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 09:11 PM
NA Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
You'll think they'll score more than last season's squad ?
Our offense is just as good as last year. Of course losing Carrier and Ouellet will hurt on D but our players will still produce. One should never underestimate the Armada. We have a very fast and hard working team. Our weakness is on D, but Bédard, Beaudoin, Bahl, Walcott and Halbert have all impressed so far in camp. Picard and Hoyles will provide a veteran presence. Marcoux in net will keep us in games.

If we finish without home-ice advantage this season it's because Bouchard will have traded most of our vets at the deadline. Before Christmas I expect this team to compete for the division lead.

Old
08-23-2013, 10:36 PM
IHaveNoCreativity

No Cusson ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Arthur Broussard

The team looked quite good against the Rempart last night. Marcoux shoulder has healed ahead of time, and that is good. I talked to goalie coach Max and he says that they are very happy with Montembault. He tell me that coaches think Walcott and Halbert could surprise people at how good they will be in the league this year. He said they are two very good free agents. The Armada has a good history with the free agents market.
From what I see and hear, I think at Christmas, Joel may be inclined to push the go button again, as the team will again be a top 6 team.

Arthur Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 04:38 PM
NA Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Broussard View Post
The team looked quite good against the Rempart last night. Marcoux shoulder has healed ahead of time, and that is good. I talked to goalie coach Max and he says that they are very happy with Montembault. He tell me that coaches think Walcott and Halbert could surprise people at how good they will be in the league this year. He said they are two very good free agents. The Armada has a good history with the free agents market.
From what I see and hear, I think at Christmas, Joel may be inclined to push the go button again, as the team will again be a top 6 team.
Very happy to hear that. Taking the QMJHL by surprise again and gunning for a 3rd straight division title. BOOM!

Old
09-23-2013, 07:07 PM
NA Scouting

9-0-1 including pre-season and that's without Marcoux, Tesink and Roy for most games.

Marcoux isn't even being missed with Decelles and Montembault playing lights out. Marcoux could be on the move.

The play of the Armada (the three seasons of their history) has been downright astonishing considering most predictions (especially in year one, and this season too), had them set for seasons of misery.

Have to raise our hats to Houle, Bouchard and the scouts and wonder how close they are to the next level...

Old
09-23-2013, 07:30 PM
IHaveNoCreativity

Armada will always be a well run team and a powerhouse as long as Bouchard is the owner.

I can't see them trading Marcoux so early.

How old are Decelles and Montemabault ?

Old
09-23-2013, 07:32 PM
NA Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Armada will always be a well run team and a powerhouse as long as Bouchard is the owner.

I can't see them trading Marcoux so early.

How old are Decelles and Montemabault ?
Decelles is 19 and as much as I discarded him over the summer, he has been magnificent since the start of training camp...

Montembault is a big 17 years old rookie, our goalie of the future that is already playing very good hockey.

Those two guys allowed us to move Phaneuf for picks, win games without Marcoux.

If the return is good enough (i.e. a good 18/19 defenseman) Marcoux will move.

Old
09-23-2013, 09:19 PM
IHaveNoCreativity

I take it the Decelles is basically a backup, and Montembault will be our starter ?

Marcoux is supposed to be one of the leagues best.

Do you think the Armada can contend with a 17 year old Montembault ?

Old
09-24-2013, 01:11 PM
NA Scouting

Quote:
I take it the Decelles is basically a backup, and Montembault will be our starter ?

Marcoux is supposed to be one of the leagues best.

Do you think the Armada can contend with a 17 year old Montembault ?
Decelles is not a backup, he is 19 and has been playing lights out. He is big and confident. Montembault is too green to be leading a team into the playoffs.

Yes Marcoux is one of the league's best, that's why if we can get something big on the trade market for him, that would be great.

Old
09-24-2013, 02:12 PM
IHaveNoCreativity

Sounds good but it would be a gamble.

Old
09-28-2013, 09:32 AM
NA Scouting

So who's stopping us ?

Old
09-28-2013, 10:13 AM
IHaveNoCreativity

What ?

Old
05-01-2014, 04:23 PM
NA Scouting

The Blainville-Boisbriand Armada entered their 3rd season in the QMJHL with a lot of hope. They thought they had the best team they had ever built and both Bouchard and Houle were very confident that this was their year.

After winning the Western division crown in their first two seasons, the Armada saw the Val d'Or Foreurs win the honor with a late-season surge, as the Armada had been on top of the QMJHL standings for most of the season. Injuries and cold streaks did the Armada in.

They entered the playoffs as sort of underdogs, and had to fight off both Tkachyev et Barbashev in the opening round. After that, it was revenge time against Rimouski, a team they had lost to in the playoffs before.

After falling in round 2 in both of their first seasons (Rimouski won in 2012, Baie-Comeau in 2013), the Armada finally beat their old demons and moved on to the 3rd round to face their arch rivals and nemesis; the Drakkar. After an amazingly fought series, the Armada lost game 6 in OT and ended up losing game 7 as well. Struck by injuries and fatigue, the Armada simply couldn't show what it takes to get to the finals.

Ironically, the year they didn't win the Western division championship is the year they went the farthest in the playoffs. It was an amazing season for Armada fans and we hope to see more of this in the coming years!

For three seasons now the Armada have displayed, speed, talent, agility but most of all hard work, motivation, heart and dedication. It is quite incredible to see the work Bouchard and Houle have done with players seemingly forgotten around the league. Time and time again the Armada prevailed despite not having any big names on their squad (aside from Ouellet and Marcoux, they never have had any, and none have been high draft picks). Armada are also already showing they can developp top talent, what's with Ouellet and Paquette already playing in the NHL playoffs, and Clapperton and Roy being drafted in the NHL last year. Again, all of that after only three seasons and without any top QMJHL picks.

Not only this, but the Armada's core of 16 and 17 years olds player is very impressive, and as though three straight years of overachieving isn't enough, it looks like the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada will once again compete for the top of the standings in 2014-15.

Next year's roster prediction in the next post.

Last edited by NA Scouting: 05-01-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old
05-01-2014, 04:40 PM
NA Scouting

The Armada had a very mature club in 2013-14, and are now stuck with 11 overage players. What's going to happen to them ? Who will be back ? Well I view this situation to be very well for the Armada because, in my opinion, these are 11 good QMJHL players and only two of them have a shot at moving on to the pros: Roy and Clapperton.

Unlike Céd Paquette and Xav Ouellet, I do not think Roy and Clapperton are ready for the big leagues. Roy had a very sub-par season filled with injuries, and isn't the strongest or biggest player to begin with. As for Clappy, he's great and all, a very hard worker and strong skater, but was a late round pick, didn't dominate this year as he should have and is barely 5'7. I think an overage season is in the books for them both.

For this post I would still assume none of Clappy or Roy are back. They will be either traded or will move on to the ECHL. We'll see. As for now, let's assume they are gone. Their return in a trade would be very high, but let's assume they make the pros. The next in line in terms of overagers are: Martel, Walcott, Talbot-Tassi, Hinds, Bursey, Bergeron, Jevpalovs, Hodhod and Hoyles.

If I'm the GM, this is what I do: Jevpalovs is a goner since he's a euro and even though he's awesome, he will likely move on to Europe or AHL if he gets a contract. Hodhod I wouldn't bring back, too small and too much of a perimeter player. Among the rest, I would like to see Martel back for sure as well as Walcott, and likely Talbot-Tassi ahead of Hinds or Bursey, because we're gonna have a rookie in nets, so I want to have a solid, experienced defense.

So the Armada will likely be able to fill some holes or acquire some very nice draft picks or prospects in return for: Samuel Hodhod, Marcus Hinds, Frédéric Bergeron, Aaron Hoyles and Matthew Bursey. Some good managing by Bouchard will net us a lot of valuable assets.

As for the actual lineup now, we will be backstopped by Samuel Montembeault, a big, tall, calm, goalkeeper who showed amazing things this season. I have full confidence in him but I would like to see Bouchard acquire a veteran instead of giving the backup duties to a kid; perhaps a guy like Éric Brassard or Zach Fortin could be had on the cheap (both 19 years old) to back-up Montembeault.

The kids will be having quite a field day in training camp. It is quite incredible the depth the Armada have build up in the last years, without having any top picks really. Forwards like Mongo (who played well in the playoffs), Boucher, Chamberland, Hamelin and Bergeron are all 17 years olds that could pierce the lineup up front, same story for Roy and Schingh-Gomez on defense. Also, don't forget the Armada will have a 1st round pick awarded from the Tesink compensation (will be the 20th pick overall).

BLAINVILLE-BOISBRIAND 2014-15

Yvan-Gabriel Mongo (17) - Danick Martel (20) - ?
Matthew Boucher (17) - Philippe Sanche (19) - Samuel Tremblay (19)
Philippe Chamberland (17) - Antoine Dufort-Plante (18) - ?
Robert Dray (18) - Joel Caron (18) - Brandon Hamelin (17)

Nathanael Halbert (19) - Daniel Walcott (20)
Dominic Talbot-Tassi (20) - Guillaume Beaudoin (18)
Charlie Roy (17) - Guillaume Viens (18)

Samuel Montembeault (18) - ?

There is at least two spots open up front, and Aronsson (19) could take one of them but I doubt we see him back. The Armada will likely try to get two new europeans up front. Sure, we're very young, but very talentend up front. Not an offense that will scare people, not very big either, but I'm confident Bouchard will find a way to have a potent artillery. What you see here is basically just the tip of the iceberg.

Defense should be one of the best around the league. That top-4 is quite something, and the bottom-pair has had some experience already in these playoffs. There is also Bédard (19) that was injured this season but looked very good when he played.

Also expect Bouchard to bring in a couple of free agents from Ontario as he did with Hinds, Walcott and Halbert as well as many more already in just three seasons. The Armada's scouts are quite good, let me tell you that.

And if you think this roster is kinda weak, imagine if Bouchard can reel in two top euros, gets back either Clapperton or Roy, finds a gem in Ontario and manages to deal some of his 11 overagers for some nice depth. All of this which is quite likely and that I didn't include in my lineup. Watch out...

Last edited by NA Scouting: 05-01-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old
05-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Ballroomblitz

Congratulations on anothr great season!

Last edited by Ballroomblitz: 05-01-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Ballroomblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2014, 10:03 PM
IHaveNoCreativity

No Paul Gionis in there ?

Old
05-02-2014, 09:20 AM
NA Scouting

Quote:
No Paul Gionis in there ?
Is he any good ? I didn't get to see him this season. Had a solid year with Lac St.Louis it seems. Only one game with the Armada despite all of our injuries. I'm not sure exactly to be honest. Slot him into that #13 forward spot and see if he he can steal someone's ice time!

Old
05-02-2014, 10:18 AM
IHaveNoCreativity

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Is he any good ? I didn't get to see him this season. Had a solid year with Lac St.Louis it seems. Only one game with the Armada despite all of our injuries. I'm not sure exactly to be honest. Slot him into that #13 forward spot and see if he he can steal someone's ice time!
He's very thin. Needs to put on muscle. He started the year in Midget AA because the Lions cut him. Pretty funny actually.

Old
05-02-2014, 01:46 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

What would Talbot-Tassi cost ?

Wouldn't mind if Moncton targeted him. He'd help solidify our blueline.

Sweeney - Holwell
Talbot-Tassi - Johnston
Klebanskyj - Haas
Nicholson

Malatesta ??

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 05:16 PM
IHaveNoCreativity

Blainville should be strong for a long long time.