HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Playoff Pump-Up Videos

Old
05-01-2013, 12:35 PM
JetsAlternate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Mane View Post
I remember watching this video when you(?) posted it on CDC in 2010. It's really great, still one of my favourite Canucks videos. Not overly dramatic but interesting, with great editing.
Thank you for the kind words. I closed my account on CDC as well as on YouTube for a few reasons, namely because I preferred some time off from making videos. There was a lot of pressure for me to release something new, and I didn't feel the time was right for me to start any new projects.

Being able to release and share new content with everyone is quite exciting for me. This one was fun to make, and I was quite grateful for and thrilled with the response it received. As with my previous videos, I aimed to summon pride in the fans for their team with an emotional tribute. I think it draws on the affectionate side of the fans rather than the excitable side. It's not a "pump up" video, per say, but rather one that looks at the history and relationship between the fans, the team, and the city. In the process, some might feel nostalgic, while others may feel very optimistic about the future. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hopefully I'll have something new to present some time soon. Thank you again.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 05-01-2013 at 12:53 PM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
All the pump up videos are great but at the end of the day, the thing that gets me most excited for these playoffs is the first six minutes and thirty seconds of this video (note, just hockey + play by play, nothing else):

Jim Hughson's call here was fantastic. He let the crowd come through on the broadcast. You could feel the emotion come through the TV and it wasn't cheapened by a rehearsed/planned catchphrase.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Pizza Mane
Helen Kesler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
Thank you for the kind words. I closed my account on CDC as well as on YouTube for a few reasons, namely because I preferred some time off from making videos. There was a lot of pressure for me to release something new, and I didn't feel the time was right for me to start any new projects.

Being able to release and share new content with everyone is quite exciting for me. This one was fun to make, and I was quite grateful for and thrilled with the response it received. As with my previous videos, I aimed to summon pride in the fans for their team with an emotional tribute. I think it draws on the affectionate side of the fans rather than the excitable side. It's not a "pump up" video, per say, but rather one that looks at the history and relationship between the fans, the team, and the city. In the process, some might feel nostalgic, while others may feel very optimistic about the future. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hopefully I'll have something new to present some time soon. Thank you again.
Yeah, you certainly nailed it. The video does exactly that.

Pizza Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:11 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
not exclusive to the nucks, but I really like the HNIC intro

all the feels

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote