HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garon

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2005, 10:21 PM
AnThGrt

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Garon

I just felt the need to make a post and ill surelly get yelled at for this but am i the only one who realized as the season went on he got worse and worse then just straight out sucked come playoffs..... Yes with playoffs there were big defensive problems but good golies step up and manage to carry the team something he was far from doing. All I can hope is we get Rask next draft and he doesnt become the next Storr and is good and we finally have a golie we can rely on

Old
04-30-2005, 10:31 PM
TMHUNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
I just felt the need to make a post and ill surelly get yelled at for this but am i the only one who realized as the season went on he got worse and worse then just straight out sucked come playoffs..... Yes with playoffs there were big defensive problems but good golies step up and manage to carry the team something he was far from doing. All I can hope is we get Rask next draft and he doesnt become the next Storr and is good and we finally have a golie we can rely on
I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you didn't actually see any of the games. Garon was hung out to dry for most of the goals the PBruins scored. IMHO he played very well in the playoffs and made some amazing saves. He did anything but suck in the playoffs.

Old
04-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:

I was not able to see the games...However, it sounds like he did decent (37 saves and only allowed 2 goals)...Overall, .893 save percentage in the playoffs; not to mention, his stats during the regular season are pretty good (32-14-4; 8 shutouts, 2.12 GAA, .927 save percentage)...I think it's way too early to give up on him.

Old
04-30-2005, 11:53 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Yeah, that Martin Brodeur is a real bum; couldn't even carry the Devils past the Flyers during the last playoffs.

Garon may not have carried his team, but the team overall just played bad. It's ridiculous to have any absolute judgment on ONE player when they all played poorly, with a few exceptions.

Old
05-01-2005, 12:16 AM
King Blazer

Garon played a real solid game tonight. He stoned Hilbert early and carried that for a long while. I stopped counting the break aways and partials the Bruins had in the second and third periods. Garon really kept them in it tonight...

Bruins first goal was a cluster screw in front of the Monarchs net and Garon had to be restrained from attacking the referee by players and the linesman after the goal was scored...

Second goal came on a partial breakaway after a weak effort by Grebs to keep it in the zone on the left side and he got toasted. TK caught up to Boyes on an angled recovery but Boyes was able to use TK as a screen from about 25-feet out and beat Garon stick side about a foot off the ice. Garon didn't have time to react...

Last edited by King Blazer: 05-01-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old
05-01-2005, 02:22 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Garon played a real solid game tonight. He stoned Hilbert early and carried that for a long while. I stopped counting the break aways and partials the Bruins had in the second and third periods. Garon really kept them in it tonight...

Bruins first goal was a cluster screw in front of the Monarchs net and Garon had to be restrained from attacking the referee by players and the linesman after the goal was scored...

Second goal came on a partial breakaway after a weak effort by Grebs to keep it in the zone on the left side and he got toasted. TK caught up to Boyes on an angled recovery but Boyes was able to use TK as a screen from about 25-feet out and beat Garon stick side about a foot off the ice. Garon didn't have time to react...
how many times did we see that this year, Grebs turns the puck over at the blueline breakaway goal, Garon turns the puck over in his own zone, turns into a goal. I have lost count the amount of mistakes this guy has made that resulted in goals for the other team. I really hope someone works with this guy during the offseason. I would hope he stays in the AHL next season.

Old
05-01-2005, 08:16 AM
BINGO

Giveaway Grebs?

Old
05-01-2005, 09:12 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH
[Garon] did anything but suck in the playoffs.
I am only going to respond with this:

Friday night, 4/15, prelude to the playoffs, Garon is pulled allowing 3 goals in the first 12 minutes of play;

Friday night, 4/22, first game of the playoff series, Garon is pulled allowing 3 goals in the first 8 minutes of play;

Monday, 4/25. third game of the playoff series, Garon is pulled following 2 periods of play allowing 5 goals.

While it's true that the Monarchs defense had some "issues", you don't pull your goalie when he's firing on all cylinders.

Last edited by ReggieMoto: 05-01-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old
05-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
Giveaway Grebs?
Change his name to Jaroslav and give him #44.

It'll be just like Modry never left!

Old
05-01-2005, 06:46 PM
T2M

Lousy goalie or good forwards for the opposition?

Really, it's a major combination of many things but I only expect a goalie to stop the first shot. If he's letting in a lot of fluke goals on bad shots, then yes, the goalie sucks, otherwise talk to the defense. Every team's top 6 should be able to score given a 2 on 1 or 2 on 0 if there is a chance to get the goalie moving. That's part of why you get goalies moving. As goalies progress, so do scorers. I blame defense as a unit, forwards as a unit, and goalies as a last line of defense, but we get so darned hard on players for not playing perfectly. After all, Brodeur did pretty crappy for Canada in a 6-4 loss, he should have stopped every puck shouldn't he? No. Great goalies have great defenses in front of them. The less shots they face, the better they are. The less quality chances, the better they are. Garon is good, maybe even great, but he's not a goaltending hero. I'm still trying to figure out why the Kings can't get a team of 18 players on the ice who actually play in both ends for 60 minutes consistently. And we call these guys pros? The whole team lost, not just Garon. From what I've read, there are a LOT of fingers that need to be pointed.

T2M

Old
05-01-2005, 08:48 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
I am only going to respond with this:

Friday night, 4/15, prelude to the playoffs, Garon is pulled allowing 3 goals in the first 12 minutes of play;

Friday night, 4/22, first game of the playoff series, Garon is pulled allowing 3 goals in the first 8 minutes of play;

Monday, 4/25. third game of the playoff series, Garon is pulled following 2 periods of play allowing 5 goals.

While it's true that the Monarchs defense had some "issues", you don't pull your goalie when he's firing on all cylinders.
Ive said this before and I will say it again. he is highly inconsistant and HIGHLY overrated.

Old
05-01-2005, 09:34 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Ive said this before and I will say it again. he is highly inconsistant and HIGHLY overrated.
Gonna get yelled at for this too but once again how i have said several times hello Cechmanek #2 and i agree give Grebs #44. If we trade both we could possibly get something really good lol even though i doubt it after this season

Closed Thread