HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

The Vanek Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 10:49 PM
McTank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Horcoff + 3rd rounder + Klefbom or Hemsky

Horcoff helps your center depth with experience/leadership
God that's tempting...

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp View Post
Columbus
Vanek
Rights to luke adam

Buffalo
Jenner

I do not want to trade vanek and I'm not even sure I would take this package. Vanek should easily pull two mid round picks.

I think I would do Murray and 18 for vanek. But columbus needs murray.
Such a deal would be possible.

Columbus would be alot more dangerous if they had Vanek on one line and then Gaborik on the other.

They would have interest in Foligno.

Buffalo would do...

Vanek + Sekera

Buffalo would be happy to take Murray back and send back Sekera as part of the deal

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Horcoff + 3rd rounder + Klefbom or Hemsky

Horcoff helps your center depth with experience/leadership
As long as Buffalo includes Hecht and Edmonton includes RNH.

Old
05-13-2013, 01:16 AM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinogol View Post
Couple offers I have come up with involving vanek:
To CBJ
23rd OV
Jenner
Foligno

To
EDM
7th OV
Hartikainen
MPS

To NYI
Nelson
2013 1st
Grabner

To NJD
Urbom
2013 1st
tedenby

To STL
Rattie
Perron
2014 1st

To DET
B.Smith
Tatar
2013 1st
Like 1st 3, hate last 3

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:38 AM
ZeroPT*
He's comin for us!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Stop... Please..... STAHP
Why? you need to elaborate.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:42 AM
ZeroPT*
He's comin for us!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
This easily qualifies as "several" offers. None really entice me that much.

LET IT BE HEARD AGAIN, WE DO NOT NEED TO TRADE VANEK.

If someone blows us away with an overpayment, or offer us a can't miss young player/prospect, then maybe he will be traded, but nothing short of that is going to net Vanek.

Until he specifically requests a trade, he will not be traded for any package similar to these.
As much as I love Vanek and would love him to stick around, he won't, he wants to win a cup he wants to contend.He won't get that in buffalo for another 3-4 years,at that point he will be 33-34 and the situation would be less favorable. We could get some quality assets for Vanek wich would speed up the process and allow us to contend faster.I hate to say it but from my perspective it wouild make sense to move vanek.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Gabrielor

BUF-NSH

Vanek,2nd-2013(buf) for 1st-2013(nsh),f.forsberg.

Go.

Gabrielor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM
tmack224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYaeger89 View Post
BUF-NSH

Go.
Im all over this if this was offered.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:21 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinogol View Post
Couple offers I have come up with involving vanek:
To CBJ

To NYI
Nelson
2013 1st
Grabner

t
Snow's not packaging all that young talent, for 1 yr of Vanek.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Djp

Quote:
BUF-NSH

Go.
Forsberg is effectively an untoiuchable on that team.

Nashville isnt going to give up their #4 without having a 1st round pick in this draft.

It would have to be Vanek + MIN #16 for NASH #4+ something else.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:30 PM
King Sergei*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Such a deal would be possible.

Columbus would be alot more dangerous if they had Vanek on one line and then Gaborik on the other.

They would have interest in Foligno.

Buffalo would do...

Vanek + Sekera

Buffalo would be happy to take Murray back and send back Sekera as part of the deal
Vanek and Gaborik, along with the young snipers and solid Defense. That would be amazing.

King Sergei* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Snow's not packaging all that young talent, for 1 yr of Vanek.
this is the type of move the Islanders need to make if they want to take that next step and be a regular playoff team.

Otherwise if they are going to wait for their youth they will be sitting in that 6th-11th in the team ranks where they may make the playoffs again in the next few years.

As it stands now they are still a solid bubble team going into next year with Detroit and Columbus coming over.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
this is the type of move the Islanders need to make if they want to take that next step and be a regular playoff team.

Otherwise if they are going to wait for their youth they will be sitting in that 6th-11th in the team ranks where they may make the playoffs again in the next few years.

As it stands now they are still a solid bubble team going into next year with Detroit and Columbus coming over.
They don't need to make that move. They could continue to look for value deals for players that fit their mold and not put undo strain on their finances until they get settled into their new digs -- a few years out, beyond the window of Vanek's (or Miller's going over to the other thread) availability.

05-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

Miller
Vanek

To Edm for

7th Overall 2013
1st 2014
Dubnyk
MPS

Would that work?

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 02:36 PM
tmack224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Miller
Vanek

To Edm for

7th Overall 2013
1st 2014
Dubnyk
MPS

Would that work?
Yeah I would prolly take that. Vanek for the 7th overall and MPS might be a little low but Miller for Dub and 2014 1st evens it out.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:39 PM
VegasSabreFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Miller
Vanek

To Edm for

7th Overall 2013
1st 2014
Dubnyk
MPS

Would that work?
Don't need Dubnyk, I think Buffalo is set on an Enroth/Hackett combo this year and will be looking for skaters instead of goalies coming back.

Also I think Buffalo would do a lot better trading Miller and Vanek in separate deals. They could get better than #7 + MPS for Vanek alone and a 2014 1st + Dubnyk for Miller doesn't address team needs.

VegasSabreFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 04:26 PM
VegasSabreFan

Unless we get a significantly better return than what came back for Pominville I'd rather extend Vanek and trade Miller.

After a hypothetical Miller trade (Miller for mid 2013 1st + a two decent prospects) we'd presumably have 5 of the first 48 picks in this year's loaded draft plus an extra two 2nd's next year. Grigorenko, Armia, Larsson, Pysyk and McNabb should all see time in Buffalo this year.

The best prospects our system has to offer are about to arrive and we already have the extra picks this year to restock. I don't see this as a full 4-6 year rebuild but a 2-3 year retooling. Enroth/Hackett can at least be league average in goal. A few smart FA signings and the development of our young players and we can be back contending in a 2-3 short years.

I also think another reason we should keep Vanek is the timing. It's the same situation of why we were forced to match his contract after Briere and Drury left. Pominville is gone. Miller has a foot out the door. They need a face of the franchise to promote through the rebuild. Give him a 5-7 year extension and the C and he'll by the time his career is over he'll be second to Perreault in franchise goals and points and have his number retired.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:47 PM
SabresHockey66

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
Don't need Dubnyk, I think Buffalo is set on an Enroth/Hackett combo this year and will be looking for skaters instead of goalies coming back.

Also I think Buffalo would do a lot better trading Miller and Vanek in separate deals. They could get better than #7 + MPS for Vanek alone and a 2014 1st + Dubnyk for Miller doesn't address team needs.
Enroth/Hackett is not a sure thing. That deal is excellent value for Buffalo and I think a smart GM would take it (which is why I am not sure Darcy would). Picking 7 and 8 this year would be awesome and potentially allow us to move up to 4, or get two excellent players if we stand pat. Dubnyk may be a downgrade to Miller but he is much more of a sure thing than Hackett at this point, who has upside but proven little. It also gives us another 1st next year to go along with our 1st and three 2nds. And MPS.

You would say no? Very short sighted. You are not taking the value of years of team control into account with 2 firsts and MPS vs 1 year each of Miller and Vanek.

SabresHockey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 05:41 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:

Vanek will not be the only quality vet available over the next 14 months.

Nelson + 2013 1st + Grabner for 1 yr of Vanek is a Milbury type move. Not even tempting.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
BUF-NSH

Go.
How about this? It was posted on the Sabres' board last week:

To Buffalo:
Nashville's 1st round pick, 4th overall, 2013
Ryan Ellis, D

To Nashville:
Buffalo's 1st round pick, 8th overall, 2013
Thomas Vanek, LW

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 06:28 PM
DemsIsGirglingSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
Unless we get a significantly better return than what came back for Pominville I'd rather extend Vanek and trade Miller.

After a hypothetical Miller trade (Miller for mid 2013 1st + a two decent prospects) we'd presumably have 5 of the first 48 picks in this year's loaded draft plus an extra two 2nd's next year. Grigorenko, Armia, Larsson, Pysyk and McNabb should all see time in Buffalo this year.

The best prospects our system has to offer are about to arrive and we already have the extra picks this year to restock. I don't see this as a full 4-6 year rebuild but a 2-3 year retooling. Enroth/Hackett can at least be league average in goal. A few smart FA signings and the development of our young players and we can be back contending in a 2-3 short years.

I also think another reason we should keep Vanek is the timing. It's the same situation of why we were forced to match his contract after Briere and Drury left. Pominville is gone. Miller has a foot out the door. They need a face of the franchise to promote through the rebuild. Give him a 5-7 year extension and the C and he'll by the time his career is over he'll be second to Perreault in franchise goals and points and have his number retired.
This is exactly my thought process. Of course, it all depends on Vanek being willing to re-sign in Buffalo, and I wonder whether trading Miller would make that even less likely to happen. It's for this reason I'd like to keep both and rebuild around them. They're both pieces we're eventually going to need in order to win, so why give them up and have to find them again later?

If we're blown away with an offer for either, or if we know that they won't re-sign, then I'd be open to dealing either (Miller more-so), but if I was Darcy, wouldn't be itching to get rid of either at this point.

DemsIsGirglingSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:48 PM
CraniumCram
Beasts of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post

To Buffalo:
Ryan Ellis, D

To Nashville:
Thomas Vanek, LW
No thanks, we need Wingers (Vanek) more than C (Barkov) and D (Ellis).

Again, if we are going to trade Vanek, bet your @ss we are getting a winger back.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
No thanks, we need Wingers (Vanek) more than C (Barkov) and D (Ellis).

Again, if we are going to trade Vanek, bet your @ss we are getting a winger back.

WE NEED WINGERS!!! said no GM... ever

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Karate Johnson*
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Vanek will not be the only quality vet available over the next 14 months.

Nelson + 2013 1st + Grabner for 1 yr of Vanek is a Milbury type move. Not even tempting.
Vanek is an elite winger not a quality vet.

What other elite wingers will be available?

Karate Johnson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 08:41 PM
VegasSabreFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresHockey66 View Post
Enroth/Hackett is not a sure thing. That deal is excellent value for Buffalo and I think a smart GM would take it (which is why I am not sure Darcy would). Picking 7 and 8 this year would be awesome and potentially allow us to move up to 4, or get two excellent players if we stand pat. Dubnyk may be a downgrade to Miller but he is much more of a sure thing than Hackett at this point, who has upside but proven little. It also gives us another 1st next year to go along with our 1st and three 2nds. And MPS.

You would say no? Very short sighted. You are not taking the value of years of team control into account with 2 firsts and MPS vs 1 year each of Miller and Vanek.
Yeah but you are missing the point about team needs. Whats the point of moving Pominville for a goalie to just trade for another one before giving Hackett a chance? If we were contending next year I would agree Dubnyk would be a nice piece to get back, but we're not. We have two young goalies in the organization and we are much better off letting them compete to see what they have before bringing in anyone else, especially when the team has publicly acknowledged a rebuild. Yes Hackett is unproven, but rebuilding seasons are the perfect time to give young goalies a chance to prove themselves.

MPS does little for me at this point as well. He's settled into his role on the third line and I'd rather get someone with more upside back.

Also with Vanek and Miller I'd predict the Oilers to get out of the first round next year. In return for either star in an individual trade, I want a 2013 1st, or a potential top 10 pick for 2014. A late 1st we don't get to use for another year should not be the primary piece in a trade for a star player, especially in the offseason when there is no rush to move the player. Vanek for the #7 + MPS is a no from me, and Miller for Dubnyk + late 2014 1st is also a no. We can do better elsewhere for both players.

Now I'd trade Miller immediately for the #7 + Klefbom, but I want absolutely no part of Dubnyk coming back. Sure it's value, but it's a waste of value in an area we don't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post

To Buffalo:
Ryan Ellis, D

To Nashville:
Thomas Vanek, LW
absolute no. We're not giving Nashville a discount based on an IOU from that Gaustad trade.