HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2013, 11:01 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
They`ll be in the KHL`s garbage bin sooner or later same as probably Novokuznetsk,Yugra and teams like that.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Sucro
Rhymesayers Fanboy

Vityaz will move to Podolsk for next season and will have 5.5k arena. But still there are too many teams in Moscow region and Vityaz is the first candidate to play in the VHL.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:07 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
...compete for a championship with their "Ice Hockey Center" building seating only 3,300?

Are there any plans for a new building, or will the franchise need to move to another area where a bigger building may be available?

Not even one Major Junior team in Canada has a rink that seats less than 6,000.

I don't see how Vityaz can ever be competitive unless it charges serious megabucks for each of the 3,300 seats in their building.
Funny that you write that on the day, the club official states that Vityaz moves back from Chekhov to Podolsk and arena with capacity of 5.5K.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:13 AM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Funny that you write that on the day, the club official states that Vityaz moves back from Chekhov to Podolsk and arena with capacity of 5.5K.
My "spider sense" was tingling

Old
05-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
It's tempting to believe that the trade to Dynamo was the last straw for him. That was a pretty ugly move not everyone was ready to accept.
what's ugly about trading a player?

Old
05-28-2013, 05:10 AM
obskyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
what's ugly about trading a player?
There's nothing wrong with that. It's about trading Nichushkin to Dynamo.

He was the most discussed hockey player of the last months not for nothing. It wasn't just about his breakthrough as a player, in the eyes of the fans it was his affiliation with Traktor first. And it wasn't even about people seeing him as a new Kuznetsov, they were rooting for him in his struggle to play for the team. And weeks later he got traded to the club he played against in the cup finals.

Old
05-28-2013, 06:00 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
There's nothing wrong with that. It's about trading Nichushkin to Dynamo.

He was the most discussed hockey player of the last months not for nothing. It wasn't just about his breakthrough as a player, in the eyes of the fans it was his affiliation with Traktor first. And it wasn't even about people seeing him as a new Kuznetsov, they were rooting for him in his struggle to play for the team. And weeks later he got traded to the club he played against in the cup finals.
1. He was overdicussed.

2. Those things are exactly what happens in professional sports. Of course a lot of fans in Chelyabinsk are upset. You can find a ton of threads here about trading a fan favorite. And there is also a voice of reason to be found there. From the emotional standpoint it may look wrong, but from the business standpoint getting something for a player you would lose for nothing afterwards is a good decision. There is more fuel to the heated discussion in case of Nichushkin because of the media hype that was created right before the trade. But the reality is Nichuskin ist still a 18yr. old, a prospect. Nobody knows if he will turn out to be the next Malkin(which I hope for him and for us) or not. With all due respect he is no proven star player yet, so there is nothing unusual about this trade given the circumstances. Hurt feelings in Chelyabinsk - yes, but the fans don't know what's going on in the front office in detail. Traktor management probably knew what's coming to them a long time in advance. what should they do? Call a press conference and tell the fans: "Nichushkin has decided to leave for NA, so we'll trade him".

Old
05-28-2013, 06:38 AM
obskyr

Quote:
1. He was overdicussed.

2. Those things are exactly what happens in professional sports. Of course a lot of fans in Chelyabinsk are upset. You can find a ton of threads here about trading a fan favorite. And there is also a voice of reason to be found there. From the emotional standpoint it may look wrong, but from the business standpoint getting something for a player you would lose for nothing afterwards is a good decision. There is more fuel to the heated discussion in case of Nichushkin because of the media hype that was created right before the trade. But the reality is Nichuskin ist still a 18yr. old, a prospect. Nobody knows if he will turn out to be the next Malkin(which I hope for him and for us) or not. With all due respect he is no proven star player yet, so there is nothing unusual about this trade given the circumstances. Hurt feelings in Chelyabinsk - yes, but the fans don't know what's going on in the front office in detail. Traktor management probably knew what's coming to them a long time in advance. what should they do? Call a press conference and tell the fans: "Nichushkin has decided to leave for NA, so we'll trade him".
The decision itself wasn't completely uncalled from the business standpoint. But it was more than usual in the given context that is defined by the media environment. You could trade him to Dynamo before the deadline without anyone noticing, but by the time playoffs ended the situation was different. Because there's a story behind Nichushkin. People got really excitited with him leaving overseas not because they hate KHL or what else, but because he isn't going play for Dynamo.

Old
05-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Raptor1990

Any known interesting KHL-VHL,MHL players transfers ?

Are there some confirmed interesting players in lower Russian leagues who will be transfered to KHL ?

Old
05-30-2013, 08:23 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1990 View Post
Are there some confirmed interesting players in lower Russian leagues who will be transfered to KHL ?
yep, there are

Old
05-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Raptor1990

I would bet 10 eur that if the Russian couch stand all stars from VHL in WC 2013 they would be at least 3-4 in final placement though...

Old
05-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Attending a KHL game

Hi there, I will be visiting St Petersburg and Moscow in September this year and I would like to see a KHL game.

Being a tourist, I can't speak or read Russian so I appreciate any assistance in getting tickets and the best way to get to the arenas.

Also when is the KHL schedule for the new season released.

Thanks

Old
05-30-2013, 10:00 PM
ViD
#CBJNeedHugs

http://tickets.khl.ru/actionList.do

I think you should be able to get the tickets here

Old
05-30-2013, 10:19 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 1000
Thought this may be useful to you guys. This guy writes for a new site I've been following for a few months. He primarily writes about the KHL.

http://www.crashthenet.com/?author=17

Old
05-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk Army View Post
Hi there, I will be visiting St Petersburg and Moscow in September this year and I would like to see a KHL game.

Being a tourist, I can't speak or read Russian so I appreciate any assistance in getting tickets and the best way to get to the arenas.

Also when is the KHL schedule for the new season released.

Thanks
I strongly recomend a game in St.Petersburg because of the arena and the fans.

http://www.ska.ru/en/tickets/index.html

Old
05-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
I strongly recomend a game in St.Petersburg because of the arena and the fans.

http://www.ska.ru/en/tickets/index.html
I would love too and purchase a Kovy 17 jersey while I am there.

Hopefully when the schedule comes out there is a game one while I am there. I will be in St Pete's for 3 days only.

Old
05-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

why did vityaz move back to podolsk? their arena was already new, capacity reasons? are they playing in the same one as their MHL team now?

Old
05-31-2013, 10:32 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
why did vityaz move back to podolsk? their arena was already new, capacity reasons? are they playing in the same one as their MHL team now?
Arena in Podolsk has a bigger capacity.

Old
06-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

ah yeah, they made it official today, went from 3000 to 5,500...

Old
06-01-2013, 03:12 PM
NorthStar

KHL 2013-14 season

I was wondering, since I did start checking out the KHL online while waiting for the NHL to come back after the lockout and loved the KHL games.. but have wondered when typically does the KHL season start and etc.. want to learn more about the KHL and who knows if it will be a suitable league to watch beside NHL and AHL and junior hockey for me ...

Old
06-01-2013, 04:24 PM
tohaa

it'll begin in September. As for suitable, the KHL is more entertaining to watch than the NHL most of the time. Find a team that is in a closer time zone and follow them

Old
06-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

I think the best comparison would be like comparing the CFL to the NFL. The former is entertaining to watch but a huge talent differential lower than the big league.

Old
06-01-2013, 07:50 PM
tohaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
I think the best comparison would be like comparing the CFL to the NFL. The former is entertaining to watch but a huge talent differential lower than the big league.
not really accurate...in terms of pure "talent", some KHL teams would come out on top in a comparison to NHL teams. It's a different style of game.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Spektanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky99 View Post
I was wondering, since I did start checking out the KHL online while waiting for the NHL to come back after the lockout and loved the KHL games.. but have wondered when typically does the KHL season start and etc.. want to learn more about the KHL and who knows if it will be a suitable league to watch beside NHL and AHL and junior hockey for me ...
The season starts in the first days of September, but the whole August teams have pre-season tournaments (4-5 teams in each, twice during the month). The playoffs will start somewhere after the Olympics.

As for a team to support, I'd advise you Medvescak, because they're making a North-American roster. If you want to watch the European hockey style, your choice is between Slovan/Lev and Amur/Admiral/Avangard - depends on your time zone. Or just highlights on every team you like.

UPD. The teams which have their official site in English: Dimano Riga, Donbass, Lev, Medvescak (on reconstruction), Metallurg Magnitogorsk, SKA, Slovan, Traktor

Last edited by Spektanto: 06-02-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old
06-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Raptor1990

I hope that we will see some more interesting VHL/MHL players in KHL this season.
Karpov/Nichushkin were nice surprises.

I don`t know why they do not the same moves like AHL-NHL short-term transfers.
Increasing the competition in VHL and below like call ups from farm to first KHL team.

I still don`t know why wasting roster places with players who has absolutelly no interests to playing hockey.

See aFAILogenov for exam...

The move to lowering the foreign players in KHL team from 5 to 3 is not good either.

The FHR acts like their are ******** really.

Last edited by Raptor1990: 06-02-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Closed Thread