HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2013, 07:50 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1990 View Post
I hope that we will see some more interesting VHL/MHL players in KHL this season.
Karpov/Nichushkin were nice surprises.

I don`t know why they do not the same moves like AHL-NHL short-term transfers.
Increasing the competition in VHL and below like call ups from farm to first KHL team.
there are call up, you mentioned two of them

Quote:
I still don`t know why wasting roster places with players who has absolutelly no interests to playing hockey.

See aFAILogenov for exam...
Because he has/had contract? Because club is obligated to fullfill contract?

Quote:
The move to lowering the foreign players in KHL team from 5 to 3 is not good either.

The FHR acts like their are ******** really.

Old
06-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Raptor1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Because he has/had contract? Because club is obligated to fullfill contract?
And hes is obligated to play full season not only half, he is obligated to achieve their expectations with hockey performance which is good maybe for VHL.
If he was still in NHL he will be send right to semi-professional or amateur league.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:13 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
And hes is obligated to play full season not only half, he is obligated to achieve their expectations with hockey performance which is good maybe for VHL.
If he was still in NHL he will be send right to semi-professional or amateur league.
SKA decided not to send him to VHL, what is the problem? It is not so easy to send a guys with one-way deal to minors or to trade him (big salary) or to buy out the contract. Another case is Skoula who was sent to czech 1 league.

Still, Afinogenov is leaving SKA to play for Vityaz.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:05 AM
NorthStar

thanks... appreciate it very much..will check these out and see what I can do something to start following some teams.. loved how the KHL action was going on while waiting for the NHL to start up again..some jerseys were cool but the names of the teams.. wow...

Old
06-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Raptor1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Still, Afinogenov is leaving SKA to play for Vityaz.
The best way how he can help any team or NT is his non-presence same way how helped Alexander Radulov to Russian NT on IIHF 2012...

Old
06-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Spektanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky99 View Post
thanks... appreciate it very much..will check these out and see what I can do something to start following some teams.. loved how the KHL action was going on while waiting for the NHL to start up again..some jerseys were cool but the names of the teams.. wow...
It's a legacy of the Soviet Union sometimes, these industrial names. Too late to change anything.

To get the full impression, take some names of players: this, this, this, this, this, this and the last one

Old
06-02-2013, 05:13 PM
metmag

Quote:
I was wondering, since I did start checking out the KHL online while waiting for the NHL to come back after the lockout and loved the KHL games.. but have wondered when typically does the KHL season start and etc.. want to learn more about the KHL and who knows if it will be a suitable league to watch beside NHL and AHL and junior hockey for me ...
I've been following the KHL for a few seasons now and I like the league a lot.

I strongly disagree with the CFL NFL analogy, but will say that they are completely different leagues and are hard to compare.

You mentioned that you were into it during the lockout while there was no NHL; and in the ay that you can follow the leagues without conflict. Most games happen in the early afternoon, sometimes at 11am, if you are Eastern Time. So you can check/stream during work or whatever. Also as mentioned earlier, the season starts nice and early in September so its 2 mounts before the NHL; perfect to satisfy that hockey craving in the summer. Some teams with a strong Canadian(NA) contingency are Vityaz, Lokomotiv, and Metallurg Magnitagorsk among others. The latter is the one I follow, and the team coached by Paul Maurice and now Iron Mike. Really good club.

Over the years, the English has been improving tremendously. Before it was clear that some understanding/comprehension of Russian was necessary. Now the names are in English, virtually every site has an English version and independent English sites follow it more. Therefore it is easy to follow now even with 0 knowledge of foreign languages.

Old
06-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
it's just how european teams are named in sports; just like the FC Barcelona's and Arsenal FC's of the world that sound a lot more reasonable because they're in english

Old
06-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Theokritos

Quote:
some jerseys were cool but the names of the teams.. wow...
What's wrong with the team names? And which teams are you specifically referring to?

Old
06-02-2013, 10:32 PM
NorthStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektanto View Post
It's a legacy of the Soviet Union sometimes, these industrial names. Too late to change anything.

To get the full impression, take some names of players: this, this, this, this, this, this and the last one
yeah I have seen a few names.. whoa nice... as for the old Soviet Union thing yeah some teams have been there since the Soviet times so it was very interesting to find out more about these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
I've been following the KHL for a few seasons now and I like the league a lot.

I strongly disagree with the CFL NFL analogy, but will say that they are completely different leagues and are hard to compare.

You mentioned that you were into it during the lockout while there was no NHL; and in the ay that you can follow the leagues without conflict. Most games happen in the early afternoon, sometimes at 11am, if you are Eastern Time. So you can check/stream during work or whatever. Also as mentioned earlier, the season starts nice and early in September so its 2 mounts before the NHL; perfect to satisfy that hockey craving in the summer. Some teams with a strong Canadian(NA) contingency are Vityaz, Lokomotiv, and Metallurg Magnitagorsk among others. The latter is the one I follow, and the team coached by Paul Maurice and now Iron Mike. Really good club.

Over the years, the English has been improving tremendously. Before it was clear that some understanding/comprehension of Russian was necessary. Now the names are in English, virtually every site has an English version and independent English sites follow it more. Therefore it is easy to follow now even with 0 knowledge of foreign languages.
I would have to agree... I have always wondered how the KHL was as I have seen that in the Hockey News sometimes and wanted to see what was up with that...plus I know of some games that started at 9 am my time and I was able to see some on my off days from work and school.. perfect enough that I can do it again in September for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
it's just how european teams are named in sports; just like the FC Barcelona's and Arsenal FC's of the world that sound a lot more reasonable because they're in english
I have noticed that and was like huh but reasoned that maybe it has to be connected with the specific areas or type of things like businesses or specific things that make the specific cities more known well enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
What's wrong with the team names? And which teams are you specifically referring to?
NO I was just like wow at some of the names.. hard to write these names out and having to spell them completely so I would get to know these teams well enough to check them out more often.. I do hope to be able to know which teams are playing often enough so am trying to get in more games to watch over the next season or so...

Old
06-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Theokritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
NO I was just like wow at some of the names.. hard to write these names out and having to spell them completely
Well, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Russian teams have...Russian names.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:43 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Ari-Pekka Selin to coach Barys? Raimo Helminen to help him? Selin from HPK/SM-Liiga, Helminen no job.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Spektanto

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/149609690.html
It will be 54 games next season. Everybody plays with each other twice.

The season starts at September 4. September 7 is the Lokomotiv day, nobody plays. Three days for the All-Stars. There will be a few matchdays after the Olympics. The playoffs start at the first days of March.

The schedule will be released in a week.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:13 AM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Selin/Helminen at Barys... Selin, while being a good coach, hardly speaks English. Helminen, well he hardly speaks. Seriously though, Helminen hasn't shown anything worthwhile as a coach, seems once again he's trying to take a far too big of a bite.

Old
06-04-2013, 04:49 AM
ficohok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektanto View Post
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/149609690.html
It will be 54 games next season. Everybody plays with each other twice.

The season starts at September 4. September 7 is the Lokomotiv day, nobody plays. Three days for the All-Stars. There will be a few matchdays after the Olympics. The playoffs start at the first days of March.

The schedule will be released in a week.
Divisions ? Where Medvescak will be, Bobrov ? Who is going to move to Eastern conference, Torpedo !?

Old
06-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Spektanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Divisions ? Where Medvescak will be, Bobrov ? Who is going to move to Eastern conference, Torpedo !?
Torpedo is already in the East, Medvescak will be most likely in the division with Lev and Slovan. Everything will be said next week.

Old
06-04-2013, 05:37 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

I would like western conf. like this.

Bobrov - Dynamo Msk, CSKA, Slovan, Lev, Donbass, Medvesčak, Vytiaz or Riga
Tarasov - SKA, Lokomotiv, Severstal, Atlant, Dinamo Mn, Spartak, Riga or Vytiaz

Old
06-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Ivan94

Everybody plays with each other twice.

That mean that divisions are only on paper.

east and west conference are important and alredy decided.

Old
06-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Spektanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
Everybody plays with each other twice.

That mean that divisions are only on paper.

east and west conference are important and alredy decided.
Exactly. And the overall playoffs (with no divisions and conferences) could be a real thing if KHL wanted it.

Old
06-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Raptor1990

Another good reason why should Tretyak leave his post and give it to someone who lives in Russia not in USSR...

http://www.webhokej24.sk/rusko/khl-r...iadok-na-zvaze

Because mixing "old school" players who remembers USSR and players of modern hockey with date of birth 85 and younger is very bad idea.

Last edited by Raptor1990: 06-04-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old
06-04-2013, 07:42 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...iv_yarosl.html

Follow up article about the experiment with the Loko team and this power train sports. Apparently Varly and player agent Gandler made the recommendation to Yakovlev... If there are results, then it is expected that other KHL teams will follow suit.. Interesting to note that Burmistrov, Orlov, Varly, Galiev are clients there as are Nichushkin and next years draft prospects Lyamkin and Yazkov.

1) Gandler has his claws deep in Russian player affairs it seems.
2) This guy has said to have incredible results with the players, so why not hire him to run a facility in Russia so the all the Russian guys dont have to fly over there every summer?

Old
06-04-2013, 10:27 PM
NorthStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
Well, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Russian teams have...Russian names.
Yeah it can be hard to write out the english version of the russian names so I will know them well enough a bit.. some interesting names some odd ones but I like them all so wont be a problem as I wanna get familiar with the KHL teams so I can watch some teams next season and see how it goes...

Old
06-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Raptor1990

Very nice top VHL scorer Semyon Kokuyov singed 2 years with Traktor.

Old
06-05-2013, 09:13 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Very nice top VHL scorer Semyon Kokuyov singed 2 years with Traktor.
yeah, he has followed his linemate for Saryarka

Old
06-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Spektanto

KHL official press-conference will be next Monday 15:00 MSK. The schedule of the next season will be released (as well as the division structure) and the extension draft for Admiral will be held.

http://www.khl.ru/news/2013/06/11/159534.html

Closed Thread