HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Jersey guarantee: refund if player no longer with team

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2014, 04:06 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
Jersey guarantee: refund if player no longer with team

SportsCenter 12:39pm via Web Patriots to offer fans a jersey rebate guarantee if player is not with team within a year of purchase. es.pn/1j7w8HE

Nice for NFL team to do it.

Wonder if any NHL or other league team will step forward to do it. (IIRC, there have been some high profile trades that NHL teams have offered to change/renumber for fans.)

Old
05-08-2014, 04:15 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
SportsCenter 12:39pm via Web Patriots to offer fans a jersey rebate guarantee if player is not with team within a year of purchase. es.pn/1j7w8HE

Wonder if any NHL or other league team will step forward to do it. (IIRC, there have been some high profile trades that NHL teams have offered to change/renumber for fans.)
Maybe they're expecting another ...

http://www.patriots.com/news/article...8-29f1e551b228

Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots ProShop will offer a free jersey exchange of any #81 Hernandez jersey purchased at the Patriots ProShop or online at PatriotsProShop.com for a new Patriots jersey of comparable value. The free jersey exchange will be available exclusively at the Patriots ProShop the weekend of Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7.
edit: And note, since they're only giving a 25% discount on an item with at least a 50% markup, they are still making a profit.

Old
05-08-2014, 04:17 PM
cutchemist42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

I really think the Blue Jackets were one of those teams.

Old
05-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Quo

I think this may be more about Tebow than Hernandez.

Hernandez was simply tragic.

I can see how signing Tebow, promoting his jersey everywhere the sun shined, then promptly cutting him in TC could be greeted cynically by people who made that investment (many did).

05-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

vCash: 50
Solid gesture, I think this will catch on in the future. No one is happy when they shell out money only to have their (apparent) favorite player traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
I really think the Blue Jackets were one of those teams.
Yeah they did it with Carter.

Old
05-08-2014, 08:55 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
I think this may be more about Tebow than Hernandez.

Hernandez was simply tragic.

I can see how signing Tebow, promoting his jersey everywhere the sun shined, then promptly cutting him in TC could be greeted cynically by people who made that investment (many did).
Honestly, the people buying Tebow jerseys deserve to be fleeced. He ain't an NFL quality Quarterback, if you're buying the jersey of a lousy player that's bound to get cut because he's really public about lovin' jesus, that's on you.

Old
05-09-2014, 09:54 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

The Jets offered a discount on changing Trouba jersey from a number 3 to a number 8 when he switched numbers. $40 rather than the regular $90. He never did play a game with 3 though. He signed late in the season and didn't play a game. The next season 8 became available and he made the switch.

Old
05-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
The Jets offered a discount on changing Trouba jersey from a number 3 to a number 8 when he switched numbers. $40 rather than the regular $90. He never did play a game with 3 though. He signed late in the season and didn't play a game. The next season 8 became available and he made the switch.
I so hope Burmistrov (the previous eight) comes back and keeps his KHL number just to see how many DB's buy it just to have the number on their back.

Old
05-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

If people buy obscure names that would have a hard time lasting a year, wouldn't it seem like they are getting around the system. Seems like a big loophole.

Old
05-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
If people buy obscure names that would have a hard time lasting a year, wouldn't it seem like they are getting around the system. Seems like a big loophole.
Well those jerseys would probably only be available via customization, at least with the NHL. I bought a Peverley in 2011 and had to have it custom made

I'm going to assume that, if something like this were to exist in the NHL, it would require it to be bought through a licensed dealer and not custom. So from NHL.com, Dick's, Olympia, etc.

Old
05-12-2014, 10:23 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Getting around to what? The ability to exchange jerseys in perpetuity?

Old
05-12-2014, 08:00 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

I agree with doing this but only if the player is a legit star and not some 3rd or 4th liner.