HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 2013 Draft ...Avs won the draft lottery !!! Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
If they are indeed targeting Jones, it will be interesting to see if they play the Mac angle with FLO to try to get an asset out of them. Tell people you are thinking of picking Mac, get an asset from FLO moving down to #2 and still get the guy you wanted in the first place. Another advantage in doing so would be that, correct me if I'm wrong, you don't pay the #2 pick as much as the #1, Not a huge issue of course but not out of the question considering we are talking about the Avs.
Don't even mess around with this pick, it's an easy decision for Sherman or the new GM. No need to risk losing Jones even if you think the Panthers are taking MacKinnon.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
avsfan89

what if Fla traded up to get no.1 if Colorado did play the Mac angle, but then Tallon announced they were drafting Jones instead lol ohhhh something would hit the fan in the avalanche draft table.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Don't even mess around with this pick, it's an easy decision for Sherman or the new GM. No need to risk losing Jones even if you think the Panthers are taking MacKinnon.
Well said...

I would hate to try and screw the panthers just to have them screw us and take Jones.

Just take Jones.

We can move some pieces this offseason and sign some FA for the holes we have.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:19 PM
BuddyMcCormick

I just wanted to pop in to say, congrats on the lottery win. I don't think I could stand Edmonton having another #1 pick.

That being said, I hate you for winning the #1 pick.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:20 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Sooo sort of related...I started a "Be a Pro" mode on NHL 13 as Seth Jones...

the Arena Anouncer calls him David Jones
I thought Jones wasn't on NHL 13 roster

Old
05-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
I thought Jones wasn't on NHL 13 roster
Hes not...I created him with the play by play name Jones.

They inserted the David lol

Old
05-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
From what I understand, GMs don't really bluff/lie to each other that often. It will ruin relationships and the circle of GMs is so small you don't want to do it.

If Avs tell Florida they would pick MacKinnon first, they have to pick him first if they have the first pick on draft day or it will reflect very poorly on Avs.

GMs do of course try to exploit desperation/weakness/lack of leverage and try to get the upper hand on other GMs, but that's different that outright lying.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Avs71

I just realized that the Avs division next year will have Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo, Keith, Seabrook, Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, Shattenkirk, Brodin, Johnson, and Josi.

It would definitely be nice to have the potential to add one of the best names to that list.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:29 PM
the_fan

Avs aren't drafting another center Mackinnon, and they are definitely not using 1st overall to draft Drouin no matter how good of a winger Drouin is.

Even if they were to draft Mackinnon and trade Stastny, I don't think they gave ROR all that money to be a 3rd line center, and I don't think you put a skillful guy like Mackinnon on 3rd line either.

And considering how badly Avs need top notch d-men, I have zero doubt that they're drafting Jones.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Hes not...I created him with the play by play name Jones.

They inserted the David lol
LOL, such insult to Seth

Old
05-01-2013, 08:44 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
Some could also argue that they were planning to trade up because they wanted Mac as FLO would most likely take him due to their need.

Pracey's reaction to winning the lottery could also be attributed to now being able to pick Mac without having to deal with FLO.

With that being said, I still think they are targeting Jones.

If they are indeed targeting Jones, it will be interesting to see if they play the Mac angle with FLO to try to get an asset out of them. Tell people you are thinking of picking Mac, get an asset from FLO moving down to #2 and still get the guy you wanted in the first place. Another advantage in doing so would be that, correct me if I'm wrong, you don't pay the #2 pick as much as the #1, Not a huge issue of course but not out of the question considering we are talking about the Avs.
the Avs just draft. they'll move up for a player but don't really move down.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
Avs aren't drafting another center Mackinnon, and they are definitely not using 1st overall to draft Drouin no matter how good of a winger Drouin is.

Even if they were to draft Mackinnon and trade Stastny, I don't think they gave ROR all that money to be a 3rd line center, and I don't think you put a skillful guy like Mackinnon on 3rd line either.

And considering how badly Avs need top notch d-men, I have zero doubt that they're drafting Jones.
Staz is in the same boat money wise as ROR. I think our scoring winger will come via trade with Staz as the center piece (pun intended) or via free agency

I do wonder...I know Duchene didnt do well on Staz's wing but I wonder how Staz would do on wing either with Landy and ROR or with Dutch and PAP.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Staz is in the same boat money wise as ROR. I think our scoring winger will come via trade with Staz as the center piece (pun intended) or via free agency

I do wonder...I know Duchene didnt do well on Staz's wing but I wonder how Staz would do on wing either with Landy and ROR or with Dutch and PAP.
I really wish Sacco would have tried that last year....

Thankfully, Sacco wont be with us next year. Hopefully the new coach tries that. Either ROR on Stas's wing or Stas on RoR's wing.

I thnink a Landy - ROR - Stas line would be pretty awesome. Then we would just need a better 3C then Mitchell and all would be set(Boyd Gordon ).

Old
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
I really wish Sacco would have tried that last year....

Thankfully, Sacco wont be with us next year. Hopefully the new coach tries that. Either ROR on Stas's wing or Stas on RoR's wing.

I thnink a Landy - ROR - Stas line would be pretty awesome. Then we would just need a better 3C then Mitchell and all would be set(Boyd Gordon ).
Dont forget Sgarbossa.

Hes another Sacco mistake...why would you put a skill guy on the 4th line?

That irritated me to no end. I wonder how he would play with Duchene and PAP

I like the Landy ROR Staz line. It also might up Staz's work ethic a bit. Sometimes he just kinda floats around.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:08 PM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Dont forget Sgarbossa.

Hes another Sacco mistake...why would you put a skill guy on the 4th line?

That irritated me to no end. I wonder how he would play with Duchene and PAP

I like the Landy ROR Staz line. It also might up Staz's work ethic a bit. Sometimes he just kinda floats around.
Man Sgarbossa is quickly becoming one of the Avs most overrated prospects by fans. He's your typical tweener. Average(or below average) 2nd liner, ok 3rd liner, and more than likely a typical 4th liner. Until he proves otherwise, that's all he is.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
Man Sgarbossa is quickly becoming one of the Avs most overrated prospects by fans. He's your typical tweener. Average(or below average) 2nd liner, ok 3rd liner, and more than likely a typical 4th liner. Until he proves otherwise, that's all he is.
That doesn't make sense. He's a prospect that has top 6 potential and he has that until he proves otherwise.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Nihiliste

the_fan and Avsboy have been two of the most optimistic posters on here in the past week.

It's almost terrifying to behold.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
I disagree...he was put with bad offensive players and didnt do all that great.

I want to see more of him in the NHL. He has talent.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Typical 4th liner? Leading scorer in the OHL his last year and then goes to the AHL and would have been the leading scorer on his team by far if he played as many games as the leader. Not sure I understand where you're coming from.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
the_fan and Avsboy have been two of the most optimistic posters on here in the past week.

LOL, that's because Avs will finally get a guy who can play defense.

I'm optimistic about the future, hopefully the near future.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:50 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
he's a talented player who needs more PT and time to develop before this can be anywhere close to being true.

Sacco was not a good coach for him to thrive with, but then again no one really thrived with him as coach.

i just want to see us have a legitimate offense and fore checking system that allows our players to be creative on O and play a disciplined defensive scheme that keeps our goalies from getting peppered with shots.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:39 PM
landesberg
varlamov4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post

i will replace them as the Avs hater if they wont be...

Avs suck

Old
05-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Ceremony
SKYLERWHITEBESTWHITE

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I don't see what the big deal is. I'm not a fan of everyone continuously pushing the "hometown kid" angle but I don't have a problem with the coverage. I actually think it's great that Dater is going to Portland to watch Jones in person and I like that they're writing new Jones articles non stop.

Chambers said he should be talking to Jones either tonight or tomorrow and Dater will probably do the same in Portland. So if you think they're going over the top, I suggest you stay away from the Denver Post for a while.
My complaint isn't with the coverage of Jones, my complaint is the discussion of him as if he is already an Avalanche prospect which shows a complete lack of respect for the other prospects in the draft and a worryingly high level of complacency. Picking Jones isn't a guarantee, yet they keep writing it as if it's a done deal.

05-02-2013, 09:45 AM
hockeyviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
My complaint isn't with the coverage of Jones, my complaint is the discussion of him as if he is already an Avalanche prospect which shows a complete lack of respect for the other prospects in the draft and a worryingly high level of complacency. Picking Jones isn't a guarantee, yet they keep writing it as if it's a done deal.

isnt it ?
Avs drafts BPA He is that
Avs needs deffenders He is that

Old
05-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Yea it is a bit much, especially from Dater. He won't wtop talking about him, and he keeps showing that shopped photo of Seth in an Avs jersey. There's been like 50 articles on the Post about Jones.

It would be hilarious if Pracey just wen with Mac. It's not like it would be that crazy. It's easily possible.

Closed Thread