HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: What WILL Mac-T do with the pick?

View Poll Results: What will the Oilers do with the pick?
Stay at #7 127 46.01%
Move up 26 9.42%
Move down 22 7.97%
Trade it for immediate help 101 36.59%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Like who?

I don't think there will be many bidders on Smith because of the goalie market. He will not get what he is probably worth. McDonaugh has taken a step back this year. If Gagner finished off strong you could make a case for 4.5 but he didn't. Not sure about anyone else.. Torres is 31, anyone giving more than 2 might regret it but yes, he probably could get more. Bickell I thought was being generous.
Why on earth would Smith want to sign in Edmonton duelling with Dubnyk when Calgary will probably offer more money and no competition for the starter position?

Toronto may also be looking for a bonafide starter. (they seem up and down with Reimer every season). Maybe Florida.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Smith is probably about right(can see Calgary offering more), no way LA does that trade as those two are important pieces and they wouldn't want hemsky at 5, gagner will probably be wanting more money and term, the McDonough trade might be reasonable but have to assume we need to add more.

I might have exaggerated but I believe you would have to be lucky to have any of the four big moves happen an even luckier for all four of them to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Why on earth would Smith want to sign in Edmonton duelling with Dubnyk when Calgary will probably offer more money and no competition for the starter position?

Toronto may also be looking for a bonafide starter. (they seem up and down with Reimer every season). Maybe Florida.
Why on earth would we want Smith? Unless we are getting a substantial upgrade over Dubnyk, which Smith is not, then we need to find a cheaper option who can keep his head above water for 25 games. We can't spend 8+ million dollars on 2 "1B" goalies in a declining cap world.

Old
05-06-2013, 04:49 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Why on earth would we want Smith? Unless we are getting a substantial upgrade over Dubnyk, which Smith is not, then we need to find a cheaper option who can keep his head above water for 25 games. We can't spend 8+ million dollars on 2 "1B" goalies in a declining cap world.
Personally I don't want smith. Was just responding to his series of transactions. I agree with you and I believe dubnyk is capable of being our number one if we surround him with an at least league average d corps

Old
05-06-2013, 04:54 PM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 50
Quote:
100% agree need to find a backup under $2m for sure, also not sold Smith would be near the same goalie outside PHX he is there.

Last edited by OnTheBrink: 05-06-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: mistype
Old
05-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Paralyzer008

I'm legitimately mad that the Oilers desperately need a No.2 D-man and the guy we need isn't available at the moment. I hope someone is willing to deal someone good later on.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Agreed 100%. Its like once MacT announced "bold moves", it was an excuse for whatever pipedream fantasy GMS could think of.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:21 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I'm legitimately mad that the Oilers desperately need a No.2 D-man and the guy we need isn't available at the moment. I hope someone is willing to deal someone good later on.
Hemsky, Marincin and the 38th pick for Brian Campbell at the draft. Then budget accordingly.

Just because those guys aren't available on the UFA market, it doesn't mean they aren't somewhere else.

Weber is what you'd call a pipedream. And a pretty lousy one at that when you see the kind of **** we're apparently giving up for him.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Hemsky, Marincin and the 38th pick for Brian Campbell at the draft. Then budget accordingly.

Just because those guys aren't available on the UFA market, it doesn't mean they aren't somewhere else.

Weber is what you'd call a pipedream. And a pretty lousy one at that when you see the kind of **** we're apparently giving up for him.
I like Campbell, but him and his 7.14M salary shouldnt really cost that much. Seems steep.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:37 PM
OnTheBrink

Quote:

I like Campbell but not with his cap hit and for sure not with Marincin in that deal.

Old
05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Bryanbryoil

Marincin needs to stay, IMO he's our #2 prospect behind Klefbom. Unless we get a further along version of Marincin on a reasonable deal it makes little sense to move him.

05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
I like Campbell but not with his cap hit and for sure not with Marincin in that deal.
He has a NTC and refused to waive it when on CHI until FLA called (and Talon who signed him was on the phone).

I'm willing to bet he wouldn't waive it for EDM

Old
05-06-2013, 06:06 PM
JetsOilersfan

Not sure if posted here, but I read a trade that is supposedly in 'the works' and I like it for us - involves Phoenix and is as follows:

To Phoenix
1st round pick (7th)
2nd round pick (not sure which one but lets say the 37th)
Ales Hemsky
David Musil

To Edmonton
Phoenix's first pick (12th overall were we take Curtis Lazar)
Henrick Samuelsson (whom we wanted really bad and had a deal for him if Phoenix didn't pick him)
Keith Yandle.

Anyone else hear something like this? Not sure if Phoenix would do it but who knows?

Old
05-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsOilersfan View Post
Not sure if posted here, but I read a trade that is supposedly in 'the works' and I like it for us - involves Phoenix and is as follows:

To Phoenix
1st round pick (7th)
Ales Hemsky
David Musil

To Edmonton
Henrick Samuelsson (whom we wanted really bad and had a deal for him if Phoenix didn't pick him)
Keith Yandle.

Anyone else hear something like this? Not sure if Phoenix would do it but who knows?
I would totally do that in a heartbeat.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:14 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:

To Phoenix
1st round pick (7th)
Ales Hemsky
David Musil

To Edmonton
Keith Yandle.

Do you have a link to this rumour?

Old
05-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:

To Phoenix
1st round pick (7th)
Ales Hemsky
David Musil

To Edmonton
Keith Yandle.

Source? I'd do that hands down.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:24 PM
OnTheBrink

Quote:

To Phoenix
1st round pick (7th)
Ales Hemsky
David Musil

To Edmonton
Keith Yandle.

I would jump on this, but don't see Phx agreeing to it at all.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:25 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
Quote:

To Phoenix
1st round pick (7th)
Ales Hemsky
David Musil

To Edmonton
Keith Yandle.

Even though I'm not a fan of Yandle I'd do that in a heartbeat. Don't think there's a chance Phoenix does that though.

Old
05-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:

To Phoenix
1st round pick (7th)
Ales Hemsky
David Musil

To Edmonton
Keith Yandle.

If you posted this proposal on the trade forums Phoenix fans would say it's not even enough for Yandle. Let alone a top prospect and there 1st.

Before you guys post proposals swap spots and ask yourself, would I trade these assets for the players I'm offering if I was a fan of the other team? I guarantee we'd see a lot less of this junk.

Try

Yandle
Samuelsson

for

Gagner
1st
Musil

You got to give to get. Hemsky holds virtually zero value and the difference between Yandle + Hemsky isn't 5 spots in the first round and a second round pick.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Draekke

Quote:

To Phoenix
1st round pick (7th)
Ales Hemsky
David Musil

To Edmonton
Keith Yandle.

A) Yes please!
B) Even according to your sourceless post, this is "in the works," so even if this trade was ever uttered by a GM, it would probably shake out a bit differently to be more equal (you'd have to think).

Old
05-06-2013, 08:13 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
Edit: nvm, bad idea. Don't want to start that.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Paralyzer008

Was the Fistric thing posted?

Matheson saying Oilers offered a three year, 1.5M per deal to Fistric but he wants 2M per year.

Fistric is a good physical guy but I would probably let him walk to UFA to be honest.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:18 PM
jmoss45

Quote:

I'd be all for Campbell with the short term he's got left, but it would be tough to part with Marincin. With the amount we've got committed to forwards, we need some non-1st overalls on ELCs to fill out our roster. Marincin (and hopefully Monahan) are key to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
He has a NTC and refused to waive it when on CHI until FLA called (and Talon who signed him was on the phone).

I'm willing to bet he wouldn't waive it for EDM
Pretty sure once a NTC is waived, it is as good as gone. Lubo waived his to leave Edmonton, then tried to resist getting moved to NYI, but had no choice in the matter.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:20 PM
jmoss45

Quote:

Matheson saying Oilers offered a three year, 1.5M per deal to Fistric but he wants 2M per year.

Fistric is a good physical guy but I would probably let him walk to UFA to be honest.
I like him for 1.5-1.7.. That allows us to cut ties with Peckham.

Also, it doesn't look like Teubert is going to work out either, so we need this type of player.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:25 PM
OnTheBrink

Quote:

I would probably give him 2m for 1 yr, but for a 3 yr deal 1.75M would be where I would max out.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
enthropi

Quote:

They can settle it for 1.8m, Sutton money. As long as they actually play him though...

Closed Thread