You know how people of European descent typically have between 2% and 4% Neanderthal D.N.A., with the remaining 96% to 98% being Homo Sapien? Well, it's the same for Ed, only the percentages are reversed.
For the Oilers, those saying Smyth are dead wrong.
It was Jeff Petry this year. The Oiler's breakout was their only real problem this year. Petry had the most ES minutes on the Oilers, and the most giveaways. He was terrible at breaking out, and couldn't think the game at the speed it was being played at.
He's young, was played in situations he should not have played and will improve greatly with more years played and a few less minutes ES, but this year he was the dumbest Oiler.
David Perron. If that switch would ever stay on, he'd be a 70+ point player. Then he dangles in the defensive zone with a man all over him...With 2 teammates ready to easily accept a pass and instead, he turns the puck over and watches a goal against. He drives you nuts.