HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF G1: (4)Boston Bruins v (5)Toronto Maple Leafs - 5/1/13 7P ET - NESN CNBC CBC RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Peverley should be in over Daugavins.
That would seem to be a pretty safe assumption..... I think.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
David Krejci*

Swear to god I'm going to kick someone if Daugavins is really in over Peverley. That guy brings absolutely nothing of worth to the table.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpata View Post
Message boards are made solely for facts. Opinions are not wanted unless they are all agreed upon.

I don't think Jagr should be on the 3rd line with Kelly but if it works, I'll eat crow.
Allowed question: Who do you love more Soupy or Marchy?
Unallowed question: What do you think the lines should be in the first game of the playoffs?

Old
04-30-2013, 09:18 PM
LyndonByers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Peverley should be in over Daugavins.
I can handle Daugavins in there because the guy has some skill and was one of the few who played a very good game on Sunday. I can't understand Thornton over Peverley or Soderberg. To be honest, from what I have seen of Nathan Horton this year I would play Peverley over him.

Peverley kills penalties, brings speed, can fill in at Center if needed & can pot the odd goal when he actually hits the net. Thornton fights and may not fair to well at that if he has to tackle Colton Orr.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Mpata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Allowed question: Who do you love more Soupy or Marchy?
Unallowed question: What do you think the lines should be in the first game of the playoffs?
This is perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
I can handle Daugavins in there because the guy has some skill and was one of the few who played a very good game on Sunday. I can't understand Thornton over Peverley or Soderberg. To be honest, from what I have seen of Nathan Horton this year I would play Peverley over him.

Peverley kills penalties, brings speed, can fill in at Center if needed & can pot the odd goal when he actually hits the net. Thornton fights and may not fair to well at that if he has to tackle Colton Orr.
There is no reason to have Thornton in the line up except for energy if they don't end up fighting. So keep Thornton out for at least the first game and see if they need him.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
That would seem to be a pretty safe assumption..... I think.
One would hope but based on Claude's lines today at practice, nothing is safe.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Dr Quincy

I'd play Daugavins and sit Thornton. Peverly has to be in there unless there's some sore of injury.

BTW anyone see the gruesome Robyn Regehr play?

Old
04-30-2013, 09:26 PM
HereWeGoBRUINS92*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
I don't think soderberg is ready for the playoffs he was horrible Sunday and was on the ice for 3 goals I believe

Hamilton is way to soft for the playoffs right now

Don't have a problem with the lineup but if doggy has a bad game bench him for peverley

Let's go bruins

5-2 !

Hamilton is too soft for the playoffs but Wade Redden isn't? I've seen Hamilton lay a couple guys out, he's the 3rd best d-man on the team and should be playing.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:27 PM
patty59

Quote:
I'd play Daugavins and sit Thornton. Peverly has to be in there unless there's some sore of injury.

BTW anyone see the gruesome Robyn Regehr play?
Ya, he's back already, looks likea broken nose.

Thornton plays, there will be fights in this series and that's his role. Any other team, then scratch him. But Daugavins doesn't really bring anything that the Bruins need.

Peverley's got to play, you have to put your best players out there.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Confound
Vindication

I don't mind Daug in the lineup at all, he looked pretty solid and energetic towards the final few games of the season.

Thornton is the one who should be sitting, put Pevs in there and replace Thornton who is usually worthless in the playoffs anyway.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGoBRUINS92 View Post
Hamilton is too soft for the playoffs but Wade Redden isn't? I've seen Hamilton lay a couple guys out, he's the 3rd best d-man on the team and should be playing.
Not even close. He'll be great, and offensively he's good now, but he's not good in his own end and you can't afford to play him right now.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Ya, he's back already, looks likea broken nose.

Thornton plays, there will be fights in this series and that's his role. Any other team, then scratch him. But Daugavins doesn't really bring anything that the Bruins need.

Peverley's got to play, you have to put your best players out there.
I agree that Thornton is in there, at least for game 1...tone setting, putting in your most physical line up. With that said I am not sure how much better Pevs is over Dogman. I expect Pevs to start, but I bet it is a short leash. He hasnt done anything this year.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I think Chris Kelly gets a hell of a lot more respect from teammates and opponents than he does from fans. Just sayin.
Oh, I don't mean to be... "a couple of fourth liners" is glib.

I actually have a ton of respect for both Kelly AND the Dogman. But there's no excuse for Jagr to be playing exclusively with guys who... Don't or can't score with regularity. Doesn't mean that Kelly doesn't do a lot of great things on the ice. But you're not utilizing your assets to the fullest if that's the line you throw out there, when... There are (let's say) stronger options available.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:32 PM
LyndonByers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpata View Post
This is perfect

There is no reason to have Thornton in the line up except for energy if they don't end up fighting. So keep Thornton out for at least the first game and see if they need him.
Thornton seems like a great teammate but there is absolutely no way he should be playing playoff hockey over Rich Peverley or Carl Soderberg. Especially on a team that lacks skill and are unable to generate any offence.

I realize he may need to fight Colton Orr but I feel the Bs need to dress their best possible lineup and if todays lines are any indication this is not their best lineup. If Orr starts running guys then perhaps Lucic should go with him. Lucic don't seem to mind going with Chris Neal or Keith Aulie. I know Lucic is more valuable then Orr but for the sake of a 5 minute major I think it would be actually worth it & have a guy like Peverley in the lineup who can contribute in other ways.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:34 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
I agree that Thornton is in there, at least for game 1...tone setting, putting in your most physical line up. With that said I am not sure how much better Pevs is over Dogman. I expect Pevs to start, but I bet it is a short leash. He hasnt done anything this year.
Peverley at least kills penalties. He could turn it around and start putting up points again, I'd say there's a better chance of that happening then Daugavins doing something he's never done at this level-put up points.

I see Daugavins as a 4th liner, asking any more out the guy is looking for too much IMO. Peverley, while he's been pretty bad this year, is still the better and more versatile player.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Confound
Vindication

Claude will get a lot of flack again if we end up losing in game one. Especially if he sits Hamilton for Redden/McQuiad and scratches Peverley and Soderberg in favor of Shawn "half ass play" Thornton. Doesn't seem like a logical move to not have those types of players in the playoffs. Peverley is reliable on the dot and on D, and is a pretty proven player in the playoffs. Redden and Thornton are the ones that should be scratched.

Thornton is a great leader in the room, that's all he really is now. I don't see the positive things he would bring for the playoffs, our team will be fine physically who ever is in there.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:38 PM
LyndonByers

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that Hamilton has this, apparently rare ability on the Bruins roster, of being actually able to get the puck on net. But with the Bruins PP clipping along & being so potent hitting the net is overrated. Especially when everything goes back to the point. Rinse and repeat for the past 3 years.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:40 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Quote:
The play redden made on Sunday to tie the game is something Hamilton would not have done

Dougie also has 4 points in his last 20 games

he is not bringing much offensivly and is getting knocked off the puck a lot lately

Old
04-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Claude will get a lot of flack again if we end up losing in game one. Especially if he sits Hamilton for Redden/McQuiad and scratches Peverley and Soderberg in favor of Shawn "half ass play" Thornton. Doesn't seem like a logical move to not have those types of players in the playoffs. Peverley is reliable on the dot and on D, and is a pretty proven player in the playoffs. Redden and Thornton are the ones that should be scratched.

Thornton is a great leader in the room, that's all he really is now. I don't see the positive things he would bring for the playoffs, our team will be fine physically who ever is in there.

I'm fine with scratching Hamilton and Soderberg. Neither looks ready for NHL playoff games. But choosing Thornton and Daugavins over Peverly, a guy who you resigned for 3.25m and gave a NTC to makes zero sense.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Peverley at least kills penalties. He could turn it around and start putting up points again, I'd say there's a better chance of that happening then Daugavins doing something he's never done at this level-put up points.

I see Daugavins as a 4th liner, asking any more out the guy is looking for too much IMO. Peverley, while he's been pretty bad this year, is still the better and more versatile player.
Peverley was KEY in 2011. And he didn't look great when he first got here either.

I've been supremely disappointed with him this season. Moreso than most any other player on the roster. But he has the capability to be better and do more than Daugavins in a scoring role... And should be playing thus.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:46 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Jagr is now our best playmaker so I want him with at least one strong finisher. Kelly is borderline decent at finishing. Daugavins has 6 goals in 91 games. It just makes sense to put Jagr with Marchand. I really hope that happens.

bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger04 View Post
not really liking these lines...

krecji lucic horton has been a bad line this year.

jagr gets stuck with 2 anemic offensive players this year.

and i dont like sitting dougie.

Clode knows best.

Old
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post

I actually don't question McQuaid over Hamilton for one moment. I'm surprised many here would...

What's the rationale for thinking that it's the wrong move?

Old
04-30-2013, 09:47 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Peverley was KEY in 2011. And he didn't look great when he first got here either.

I've been supremely disappointed with him this season. Moreso than most any other player on the roster. But he has the capability to better and more than Daugavins in a scoring role... And should be playing thus.
Exactly, I just don't get it. I get Thornton, he can fight, but Daugavins doesn't bring anything that you can't get from Peverley and then some.

Old
04-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I actually don't question McQuaid over Hamilton for one moment. I'm surprised many here would...

What's the rationale for thinking that it's the wrong move?
Is this a trick question? Love the kid but Quaider has been a one man gong show all season.

Closed Thread