HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

(2) Montreal Canadiens vs. (7) Ottawa Senators | Pt. III

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 03:19 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
if the series is as entertaining as this thread, it should be a good one

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 05-02-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old
05-02-2013, 05:31 AM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

vCash: 500
12 and a half hours away.

Old
05-02-2013, 06:14 AM
Chip Chipperson

vCash: 50
lol @ sticking us with O'Rourke. Well good series. See you next year.

Old
05-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Apparently, Dan O'Rourke is apparently working the Sens/Habs series.

We should start planning our tee-times, 'cause we're not making it out of this series.
Is he your 'Chris Lee'?

Old
05-02-2013, 06:33 AM
BigZKingK

You're ****ing kidding me !! How can this ref make it to the playoff ung not to confident now

Old
05-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Ugh, great. I'm not surprised we get the "teach the coach a lesson" ref for our series. Gg.

Old
05-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Playons... Last year we didn't make the playons and had to turn our play off and go golfing or whatever.

Looking forward to watching tonight...

I could care less if Montreal wins the series (well I want them to win) but I think this will be a building year ...one to gain experience and build some confidence for the years ahead.

With the NHL re-establishing divisions next year, it will be a series to set up a division rivalry and a good prelude of the new/old system (same with B's/TML). This is going to be a tough division. One that will include 5 playon teams from 2013.

Old
05-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Is he your 'Chris Lee'?
He allegedly called Karllson a diver
Yay Habs

Old
05-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

As bad as o'rourke is, no ref is close to Chris lee's level of suck. I'm surprised he was selected for playoff games.

Old
05-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Orr123

Here's to hoping the Sens just ignore O'Rourkes past with the Sens and just play hard. And even if we spend the entire game on the PK, I hope we don't give up!

On that note, just packing up to head to Montreal for the game tonight --- I hope my family and I don't get killed for being Sens fans in Montreal (maybe this was a poor idea)!

Old
05-02-2013, 07:27 AM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
From the Ottawa Citizen:

Quote:
Still, O’Rourke is hardly above criticism. The latest episode came in the Senators’ 4-3 loss to the Boston Bruins on Tuesday, a high-paced, evenly played game which was ultimately decided when the Bruins’ Dennis Seidenberg beat Senators goaltender Craig Anderson with a slapshot from centre ice. The Senators received four penalties and the Bruins none and Boston scored on two of its power play chances. The game ended with MacLean on the top of the players’ bench, screaming obscenities at O’Rourke and fellow referee Bob Martell.

The history between MacLean and O’Rourke goes back to Jan. 21, when the Senators lost 2-1 to the Anaheim Ducks. Immediately after that game, MacLean went public, saying that O’Rourke told him that defenceman Erik Karlsson was “a diver”, which is the reason he didn’t call a penalty when Karlsson was knocked to the ice by Anaheim’s Ryan Getzlaf in the final minute of the game. Since then, the Senators have been on the wrong end of the referee’s whistle.

In a 4-0 loss to Los Angeles on Jan. 23, where O’Rourke and Tim Peel were the referees, a penalty shot was awarded even though replays showed that a penalty wasn’t warranted. Against Phoenix on Jan. 24, with Peel and Dan O’Halloran serving as referees, an apparent third period tying goal by Daniel Alfredsson was wiped out by a questionable goaltending interference call. Then came Tuesday’s game against Boston.
O'Rourke is to the Sens what Lee is to the Habs. We've had a good run.

05-02-2013, 07:28 AM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
Here's to hoping the Sens just ignore O'Rourkes past with the Sens and just play hard. And even if we spend the entire game on the PK, I hope we don't give up!

On that note, just packing up to head to Montreal for the game tonight --- I hope my family and I don't get killed for being Sens fans in Montreal (maybe this was a poor idea)!
You will have a great time. But I hope you lose lol Will not be any problem unless you are really looking for it. Enjoy!!

Old
05-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Chip Chipperson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post

It's not Philly, you will be fine. I've never had a problem at the Bell Center.

Old
05-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post

No violence between fans in Montreal. The only time I have ever seen any kind of kerfuffle was when the Bruins were in town, and a group of fall down drunk Bruins fans got into it with a group of fans/ushers. Nothing came of it and calm quickly returned. You'll be fine.

Old
05-02-2013, 07:53 AM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
No one else noticed that Mccreary is the supervisor ref? him and o'rourke combined and we're done.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:01 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Don't the refs move from game to game? (maybe not in this case cuz Game 1 and Game 2 are back to back). I didn't know refs each get assigned a series this year.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Don't the refs move from game to game? (maybe not in this case cuz Game 1 and Game 2 are back to back). I didn't know refs each get assigned a series this year.
I would hope that's the case. But I'm not sure.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:05 AM
JesusBouillon

Well, in this case, Go O'Rourke!!! CONSPIRATE!!

Old
05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
If this is the case, I have to say: it's about freaking time.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched a series (and not just Sens series, either) and thought to myself by the end of it: "man, that series could have gone completely differently with different refs".

Switching it up is all good in my books. Not just because of O'Rourke, or Lee, or whoever. Biases aside, it's just a good idea.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:10 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
If this is the case, I have to say: it's about freaking time.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched a series (and not just Sens series, either) and thought to myself by the end of it: "man, that series could have gone completely differently with different refs".

Switching it up is all good in my books. Not just because of O'Rourke, or Lee, or whoever. Biases aside, it's just a good idea.
This is what I mean though. I didn't know that the NHL had the same refs for each series (at least for the 1st round). It just has the tendency to create biases in the "impartial" refereeing.

If this isn't the case, this is going to be real bittersweet if the Habs end up winning this in 5 or less.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
I can't say I blame Sens fans. If Chris Lee were officiating this, I'd be flipping my **** right about now.

05-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
I can't say I blame Sens fans. If Chris Lee were officiating this, I'd be flipping my **** right about now.
Exactly. There's always that one ref or two that a team hates. It isn't "blaming the refs" ... it's simply knowing their history against your team and preparing for the worst.

Sens are going to have to be extra careful to not take stupid penalties because they will be called for EVERYTHING.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:31 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
You honestly think people don't like him because of one comment? I don't care what he SAYS, he's a terrible ref.

Read the thread. Someone posted a list of four/five games where O'Rourke was ridiculous. The Karlsson thing was one incident.
>evenly played game which was ultimately decided when the Bruins’ Dennis Seidenberg beat Senators goaltender Craig Anderson with a slapshot from centre ice.

Seems like the refs are to blame.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:35 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Chris Lee is a garbage ref. I really don't understand how he gets picked to move on into the playoffs, let alone has a job in the NHL

I feel sorry for the two teams involved in any game he's officiating

Old
05-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
>evenly played game which was ultimately decided when the Bruins’ Dennis Seidenberg beat Senators goaltender Craig Anderson with a slapshot from centre ice.

Seems like the refs are to blame.
What does this have to do with my response to you? You said if this only has to do with the Karlsson incident, then we're "pansies" ... I said it was more than the Karlsson incident.

Closed Thread