HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League Pt 4: Official 2013 Playoffs: Canucks are done

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2013, 12:08 AM
  #226
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Pavelski with just a horrible period. WTF was he thinking handing that puck to Kesler? At least 3 brutal plays by Pavelski and really the only reason this isn't heading back to SJ 2 games up.

Gotta say this as well, Torres has been right in the middle of virtually every Sharks scoring chance tonight. His in front of the net work and fighting has been impeccable.

I thought he deflected the puck that Marleau scored the tying goal on. Torres almost scored a few himself in the game.

2-2. Torres I'll predict to get the OT winner.
You called it!

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:09 AM
  #227
McFuhryous
Registered User
 
McFuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Pavelski with just a horrible period. WTF was he thinking handing that puck to Kesler? At least 3 brutal plays by Pavelski and really the only reason this isn't heading back to SJ 2 games up.

Gotta say this as well, Torres has been right in the middle of virtually every Sharks scoring chance tonight. His in front of the net work and fighting has been impeccable.

I thought he deflected the puck that Marleau scored the tying goal on. Torres almost scored a few himself in the game.

2-2. Torres I'll predict to get the OT winner
.
Replacement, you beautiful son of a *****!!!

YEEEESSSS!!!!

Suck it Canucks!!


McFuhryous is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:10 AM
  #228
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,972
vCash: 500
lol


Bwahahahahhahahaha1111!!!!


Mexican!!!!!!

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:11 AM
  #229
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Insta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,780
vCash: 500
Feels good

Insta is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:13 AM
  #230
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂
 
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Harlem
Posts: 14,043
vCash: 0
Edler is terrible when it comes to big games.

Burns is a beast, absolute beast.


Way to go Torres!

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:14 AM
  #231
Toydarian
Registered User
 
Toydarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
With the way Torres has played for San Jose, I doubt he gets to free agency.

Toydarian is online now  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:15 AM
  #232
NewBoysClub97
All-Star
 
NewBoysClub97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,752
vCash: 50
What a pos burrows is. Hansen also sacks havlat and injures him

How are these not suspends me. Kesler got still good in the nuts last year

How low do these guys go?

Please bounce these buffoons in 4

NewBoysClub97 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:15 AM
  #233
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I can't tell if you're brilliant or biased.
Heh, Raffi had it going all night. He loves to stick it to former clubs that let him go as well.
Torres was seeing a lot of time with Marleau as well so the pick made sense. Torres pots a fair amount of OT goals and GW's

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:16 AM
  #234
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
With the way Torres has played for San Jose, I doubt he gets to free agency.
Its about time a club realizes what they got here. Low cost player that can fit anywhere in your lineup and that adds some pretty good offense 5 on 5 and is very hard to play against.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:18 AM
  #235
402
#ualberta
 
402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Egypt
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
I'm going to ****ing miss these guys

402 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:19 AM
  #236
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its about time a club realizes what they got here. Low cost player that can fit anywhere in your lineup and that adds some pretty good offense 5 on 5 and is very hard to play against.
I wonder if perhaps he isn't the most likeable guy in the room/by coaches. It is no coincidence he has been on 6 teams in 6 seasons.

Heck of a big goal. Funny he got it for the Sharks. I'm pretty sure a lot of the fans of that team are still bitter about that hit he laid down on Michalek in the 06 playoffs.

Spawn is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:21 AM
  #237
McFuhryous
Registered User
 
McFuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its about time a club realizes what they got here. Low cost player that can fit anywhere in your lineup and that adds some pretty good offense 5 on 5 and is very hard to play against.
I call it "The Raffi Effect". Three of the last five clubs he has played for have made it to the Conference finals (Edmonton, Vancouver, Phoenix).

Coincidence? Absolutely.

McFuhryous is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:23 AM
  #238
McXLNC97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,300
vCash: 500
Are the overrated Canucks crashing and burning once again? Their cocky fanbase just never learns about gloating

McXLNC97 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:30 AM
  #239
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I wonder if perhaps he isn't the most likeable guy in the room/by coaches. It is no coincidence he has been on 6 teams in 6 seasons.

Heck of a big goal. Funny he got it for the Sharks. I'm pretty sure a lot of the fans of that team are still bitter about that hit he laid down on Michalek in the 06 playoffs.
Theres been a wholescale conversion in SJ. They just love him down there. Its hilarious to see the change in opinions on the player from Sharks fans.

Torres wins most fans over. Did in Columbus, did in Phoenix.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:33 AM
  #240
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
I call it "The Raffi Effect". Three of the last five clubs he has played for have made it to the Conference finals (Edmonton, Vancouver, Phoenix).

Coincidence? Absolutely.
Obviously not a causal relationship but heres the deal. Teams that are bright enough to make quiet, effective additions like Torres in all likelihood have made other depth personnel moves to bolster the squad.

Teams that buy some stupid nonsense about Torres would never have him. Teams that are smart enough ignore the crap and realize he's just a good solid depth player that fits in any cap structure.

Good teams take depth players like Torres. Bad teams recruit depth players like Eager, Brown, etc. Been saying it for years.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:33 AM
  #241
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,911
vCash: 217
I'm sure there's still a collection that remember his hit on Michalek...

GreatMcKeith is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:34 AM
  #242
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,911
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
I call it "The Raffi Effect". Three of the last five clubs he has played for have made it to the Conference finals (Edmonton, Vancouver, Phoenix).

Coincidence? Absolutely.
Conklin was on 3 seperate cup Finalists in 4 years and came up empty each time.

GreatMcKeith is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:36 AM
  #243
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I'm sure there's still a collection that remember his hit on Michalek...
Oh they all remember it. Theres a good, knowledgeable fanbase down there. But they're all converts now.

Actually even two weeks ago people were saying that Torres had done more in his first half dozen games then Clowe did all year.

Raffi has developed into a pretty solid energy player.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:37 AM
  #244
McFuhryous
Registered User
 
McFuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Obviously not a causal relationship but heres the deal. Teams that are bright enough to make quiet, effective additions like Torres in all likelihood have made other depth personnel moves to bolster the squad.

Teams that buy some stupid nonsense about Torres would never have him. Teams that are smart enough ignore the crap and realize he's just a good solid depth player that fits in any cap structure.

Good teams take depth players like Torres. Bad teams recruit depth players like Eager, Brown, etc. Been saying it for years.
...and to think he was traded for Gilbert Brule. Was that Lowe or Tambellini's brain fart?

McFuhryous is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:40 AM
  #245
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Torres couldn't make it as a top-6 player for the Oilers so Tambellini/Lowe(?) traded him.

2-3 years later he's one of the best third liners in the league, and teams are tripping over themselves trying to acquire him at deadlines.

smh. If we'd just kept Stoll, Torres, and Cogliano it would be one helluva 3rd line for us right now. We'd be in the playoffs.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:40 AM
  #246
McFuhryous
Registered User
 
McFuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I'm sure there's still a collection that remember his hit on Michalek...
I still remember his hit on Eberle and I'd take him back.

McFuhryous is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:40 AM
  #247
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,911
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Oh they all remember it. Theres a good, knowledgeable fanbase down there. But they're all converts now.

Actually even two weeks ago people were saying that Torres had done more in his first half dozen games then Clowe did all year.

Raffi has developed into a pretty solid energy player.
Yeah but the question is will he stay that way? That level of energy is good if he can maintain it. If he gets himself involved early he's golden but often if he doesn't he's just a passenger.

Plus it's the playoffs. I can't imagine him playing that well on a team that isn't making the playoffs.

GreatMcKeith is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:41 AM
  #248
NewBoysClub97
All-Star
 
NewBoysClub97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,752
vCash: 50
He had a great game, but it was nice seeing kesler there on the Torres goal. Guy can be great yet he does the dumbest things.

NewBoysClub97 is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:42 AM
  #249
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,911
vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Torres couldn't make it as a top-6 player for the Oilers so Tambellini/Lowe(?) traded him.

2-3 years later he's one of the best third liners in the league, and teams are tripping over themselves trying to acquire him at deadlines.

smh. If we'd just kept Stoll, Torres, and Cogliano it would be one helluva 3rd line for us right now. We'd be in the playoffs.
2/3 of those players were a disaster in their final years. Stoll at least had the concussion issue, but I don't think Torres is an "Edmonton" kind of guy.

GreatMcKeith is offline  
Old
05-04-2013, 12:42 AM
  #250
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
...and to think he was traded for Gilbert Brule. Was that Lowe or Tambellini's brain fart?
You're looking at somebody that called that trade a brainfart at the time. Virtually the only one on this board that said so.

I stated Torres would go on to score way more goals than Brule in their respective careers. I got laughed off the board for suggesting such heresy.

Torres has close to 75 goals since being an Oiler. Brule not so much..

Replacement is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.