HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Around the League Pt 4: Official 2013 Playoffs: Canucks are done

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This is silly.

Teams that make the least mistakes in the playoffs and can play all round "neat" hockey win.

As other posters have suggested the only reason that teams like the Leafs had any success was due to having some physicality in the lineup. But even at that the Leafs were nosediving as the season progressed and for the Bruins to be having problems with this club that doesn't know anything about playoff hockey is laughable. STL, LA, SJ, Chi, Det, would be schooling the leafs.

Why you even mention "original six" teams in your post to validate your position is curious. It wouldn't matter one iota of difference on the ice that the teams are original six. Even at that the Leafs and Bruins didn't have any particular rivalry.
There is absolutely zero ways to prove any of those teams would school the Leafs. Leafs were tied for the third highest ROW this year, and played in one of the toughest division, they deserve to be where they are.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
There is absolutely zero ways to prove any of those teams would school the Leafs. Leafs were tied for the third highest ROW this year, and played in one of the toughest division, they deserve to be where they are.
They've been a .500 team for a long stretch after being hot out of the gates. Not a particularly good club, zero playoff experience. They were horrible last year.

You must be a leafs fan.

Edit. Busted.

(taken from another board)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66
"The leafs have an elite offense this year"
lol

Now go away Leafs fan

Last edited by Replacement: 05-05-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old
05-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
They've been a .500 team for a long stretch after being hot out of the gates. Not a particularly good club, zero playoff experience. They were horrible last year.

You must be a leafs fan.
In their last 2 months they were 13-9-4 That's .500 if you count shootout losses, but it could have easily been 17-9 had it not have been for shootouts(where they are 0-5 this year) but thankfully there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs. This also includes the games the Leafs packed it in after they clinched their spot, like many teams, and it was still on pace for 93 point season(using that record alone).

Add the month before that and the Leafs record is 22-15-4 on pace for a 103 point season.

Like I said, the Leafs deserve to be where they are, they came out of the best division in hockey and are in a grudge match with a great Bruins team.

I know a lot of people are ******** with the Leafs turnaround, but it's okay.

Also, the 'they were horrible last year' is a terrible argument. First off, it should have no weight judging a team THIS year, teams make moves in the off-season to improve I.E adding JVR and McClement. Also, 5 of the worst 7 teams last year made the playoffs this year, the only exceptions are you Edmonton Oilers and Columbus Blue Jackets, and only one of those teams were actually close, but I'm sure you know what team that was.

Old
05-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:

You must be a leafs fan.

Edit. Busted.

(taken from another board)

lol

Now go away Leafs fan
Do they not? It's an objective statement.

They are one of 6 teams that averaged 3 goals a game. They're 6th in total goals for, 4th in 5 on 5 goals scored. That also doesn't take into context that Lupul missed the vast majority of the season.

The Leafs offence is Elite, but don't worry, one day Edmonton's offence will get there...maybe.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:00 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Leafs offense is elite did I read that right?

Elite compared to Calgary maybe.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
In their last 2 months they were 13-9-4 That's .500 if you count shootout losses, but it could have easily been 17-9 had it not have been for shootouts(where they are 0-5 this year) but thankfully there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs. This also includes the games the Leafs packed it in after they clinched their spot, like many teams, and it was still on pace for 93 point season(using that record alone).

Add the month before that and the Leafs record is 22-15-4 on pace for a 103 point season.

Like I said, the Leafs deserve to be where they are, they came out of the best division in hockey and are in a grudge match with a great Bruins team.

I know a lot of people are ******** with the Leafs turnaround, but it's okay.

Also, the 'they were horrible last year' is a terrible argument. First off, it should have no weight judging a team THIS year, teams make moves in the off-season to improve I.E adding JVR and McClement. Also, 5 of the worst 7 teams last year made the playoffs this year, the only exceptions are you Edmonton Oilers and Columbus Blue Jackets, and only one of those teams were actually close, but I'm sure you know what team that was.
Just to humor me how on earth is it a "grudge match" when the Leafs haven't been on the Bruins radar in years or ever?

As for .500 I count wins and losses simple. Not the way the NHL tries to tabulate it to make most clubs look like winning teams.

********? lol.

Amused more than anything at the sudden development of Leafsnation.

Enjoy your dynasty now.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post

Like I said, one of only 6 teams to average 3 goals a game. 4th in 5 on 5 goals. That's without Lupul.

And Calgary's offence was better than the Oilers as well btw.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Do they not? It's an objective statement.

They are one of 6 teams that averaged 3 goals a game. They're 6th in total goals for, 4th in 5 on 5 goals scored. That also doesn't take into context that Lupul missed the vast majority of the season.

The Leafs offence is Elite, but don't worry, one day Edmonton's offence will get there...maybe.
Repeated by popular demand for more lmfao. Thank you.

Did it ever occur to you that the Leafs would score significantly less goals in the tighter WC? I'm sure it didn't. Or that saying a team has "elite offense" merely on the basis of one shortened lockout season is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post

We landed a live one here.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Like I said, one of only 6 teams to average 3 goals a game. 4th in 5 on 5 goals. That's without Lupul.
My GAWD, somebody killed Lupul. What on Earth are the Leafs to do? Sounds like built in excuse time in the Leafs mythology.

If only the Leafs had Lupul in the 2013 playoffs..

Old
05-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
My GAWD, somebody killed Lupul. What on Earth are the Leafs to do? Sounds like built in excuse time in the Leafs mythology.

If only we had Lupul in the 2013 playoffs..
You mean, if only you had playoffs in 2013.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Ironic from a Leafs fan but anyway.

Are you new to the board or just naive about what you are doing right now?

Ask yourself what board you are on and why you are here?

Ask yourself as well if people here know Joffrey Lupul and what our opinion of him would likely be.

Lupul would be hearing footsteps all day any day playing in the WC.

I doubt he'd make any difference in a Bruins series.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:

Ask yourself as well if people here know Joffrey Lupul and what our opinion of him would likely be.

What are you talking about? Do you just make things up as you go on? lol...

He scored twice last night in a 4-2 win...

Old
05-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
What are you talking about? Do you just make things up as you go on? lol...

He scored twice last night in a 4-2 win...
This from somebody that states the leafs are an elite offensive team..with Kadri superstar in the making no doubt.

Heres a clue. Flash in the pan. look it up.

I wouldn't watch a leafs game if you paid me. In another post you were crying about Lupul being injured.

Joffrey is back now you say. Who knew?

Too bad the Bruins attention to detail is so poor this year. In a normal year the
Bruins would annihilate players like Lupul.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

vCash: 141
Quote:
Maple Queefs make the playoffs for the first time in a decade and suddenly ***** Nation is making Canucks fans look humble and reasonable. I thought that would be impossible.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
This from somebody that states the leafs are an elite offensive team..with Kadri superstar in the making no doubt.

Heres a clue. Flash in the pan. look it up.

I wouldn't watch a leafs game if you paid me. In another post you were crying about Lupul being injured.

Joffrey is back now you say. Who knew?

Too bad the Bruins attention to detail is so poor this year. In a normal year the
Bruins would annihilate players like Lupul.
Leafs were a top 10 scoring team last year as well.

Check-mate.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

vCash: 141
Quote:

Check-mate.
And the 29th ranked Oilers had a better GA.

Piss off.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
And just think, even with what a huge disgrace the Oilers are, it'll be over 20 years until they reach Leaf-like levels of Stanley Cup hilarity!
I dunno but I'm always reminded by this somehow.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:

Check-mate.
Playing most of their games against EC clubs.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Maple Queefs make the playoffs for the first time in a decade and suddenly ***** Nation is making Canucks fans look humble and reasonable. I thought that would be impossible.
This guy just probably became a hockey fan last year. You know..cough.....

bandwagon.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:31 PM
timekeep

Quote:

Replacement, do you even watch the games?? Lupul scored twice yesterday. Your opinion, thats all it is and stop talking down to other posters, is silly when it comes the Eastern conference. Honestly you shouldn't have one if you aren't going to watch the games. You aren't the only one who thinks that Oilers would be top half of the East but your comments are irritating. This year is impossible to compare, especially when you don't even watch the games.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Replacement, do you even watch the games?? Lupul scored twice yesterday. Your opinion, thats all it is and stop talking down to other posters, is silly when it comes the Eastern conference. Honestly you shouldn't have one if you aren't going to watch the games. You aren't the only one who thinks that Oilers would be top half of the East but your comments are irritating. This year is impossible to compare, especially when you don't even watch the games.
Thank you.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:34 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's pretty much an established fact the Eastern Conference is far weaker than the West. The Kings would roll any of those teams in a playoff series.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
I don't watch Eastern conference games much because theres little point to it. The EC playoffs are a joke this year. EC defensive stats were a joke all year.

The good hockey is being played in the West. Thats what I'm glued to.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
I don't watch Eastern conference games much because theres little point to it. The EC playoffs are a joke this year. EC defensive stats were a joke all year.

The good hockey is being played in the West. Thats what I'm glued to.
Mr Subjective, is what your name should be.

Old
05-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Alright ladies settle down.

This PIT/NYI game is very entertaining. Just good all round hockey. Crosby looks possessed at moments.

2 interesting players on the Islanders today who keep popping up, Cisikas (who? lol) and Grabner who has been all over the place and extremely physical. Really impressed what I see there.

Anyways its a back and forth game, would suggest people to catch a bit of it , I know it's going to be a beautiful day but the game should be over by 1.

Closed Thread