HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League Pt 4: Official 2013 Playoffs: Canucks are done

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  #301
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This is silly.

Teams that make the least mistakes in the playoffs and can play all round "neat" hockey win.

As other posters have suggested the only reason that teams like the Leafs had any success was due to having some physicality in the lineup. But even at that the Leafs were nosediving as the season progressed and for the Bruins to be having problems with this club that doesn't know anything about playoff hockey is laughable. STL, LA, SJ, Chi, Det, would be schooling the leafs.

Why you even mention "original six" teams in your post to validate your position is curious. It wouldn't matter one iota of difference on the ice that the teams are original six. Even at that the Leafs and Bruins didn't have any particular rivalry.
There is absolutely zero ways to prove any of those teams would school the Leafs. Leafs were tied for the third highest ROW this year, and played in one of the toughest division, they deserve to be where they are.

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 12:26 PM
  #302
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
There is absolutely zero ways to prove any of those teams would school the Leafs. Leafs were tied for the third highest ROW this year, and played in one of the toughest division, they deserve to be where they are.
They've been a .500 team for a long stretch after being hot out of the gates. Not a particularly good club, zero playoff experience. They were horrible last year.

You must be a leafs fan.

Edit. Busted.

(taken from another board)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66
"The leafs have an elite offense this year"
lol

Now go away Leafs fan


Last edited by Replacement*: 05-05-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 12:49 PM
  #303
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
They've been a .500 team for a long stretch after being hot out of the gates. Not a particularly good club, zero playoff experience. They were horrible last year.

You must be a leafs fan.
In their last 2 months they were 13-9-4 That's .500 if you count shootout losses, but it could have easily been 17-9 had it not have been for shootouts(where they are 0-5 this year) but thankfully there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs. This also includes the games the Leafs packed it in after they clinched their spot, like many teams, and it was still on pace for 93 point season(using that record alone).

Add the month before that and the Leafs record is 22-15-4 on pace for a 103 point season.

Like I said, the Leafs deserve to be where they are, they came out of the best division in hockey and are in a grudge match with a great Bruins team.

I know a lot of people are ******** with the Leafs turnaround, but it's okay.

Also, the 'they were horrible last year' is a terrible argument. First off, it should have no weight judging a team THIS year, teams make moves in the off-season to improve I.E adding JVR and McClement. Also, 5 of the worst 7 teams last year made the playoffs this year, the only exceptions are you Edmonton Oilers and Columbus Blue Jackets, and only one of those teams were actually close, but I'm sure you know what team that was.

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 12:53 PM
  #304
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
They've been a .500 team for a long stretch after being hot out of the gates. Not a particularly good club, zero playoff experience. They were horrible last year.

You must be a leafs fan.

Edit. Busted.

(taken from another board)



lol

Now go away Leafs fan
Do they not? It's an objective statement.

They are one of 6 teams that averaged 3 goals a game. They're 6th in total goals for, 4th in 5 on 5 goals scored. That also doesn't take into context that Lupul missed the vast majority of the season.

The Leafs offence is Elite, but don't worry, one day Edmonton's offence will get there...maybe.

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:00 PM
  #305
smackdaddy
All Aboard
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 500
Leafs offense is elite did I read that right?

Elite compared to Calgary maybe.

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:02 PM
  #306
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
In their last 2 months they were 13-9-4 That's .500 if you count shootout losses, but it could have easily been 17-9 had it not have been for shootouts(where they are 0-5 this year) but thankfully there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs. This also includes the games the Leafs packed it in after they clinched their spot, like many teams, and it was still on pace for 93 point season(using that record alone).

Add the month before that and the Leafs record is 22-15-4 on pace for a 103 point season.

Like I said, the Leafs deserve to be where they are, they came out of the best division in hockey and are in a grudge match with a great Bruins team.

I know a lot of people are ******** with the Leafs turnaround, but it's okay.

Also, the 'they were horrible last year' is a terrible argument. First off, it should have no weight judging a team THIS year, teams make moves in the off-season to improve I.E adding JVR and McClement. Also, 5 of the worst 7 teams last year made the playoffs this year, the only exceptions are you Edmonton Oilers and Columbus Blue Jackets, and only one of those teams were actually close, but I'm sure you know what team that was.
Just to humor me how on earth is it a "grudge match" when the Leafs haven't been on the Bruins radar in years or ever?

As for .500 I count wins and losses simple. Not the way the NHL tries to tabulate it to make most clubs look like winning teams.

********? lol.

Amused more than anything at the sudden development of Leafsnation.

Enjoy your dynasty now.

Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:03 PM
  #307
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Leafs offense is elite did I read that right?

Elite compared to Calgary maybe.
Like I said, one of only 6 teams to average 3 goals a game. 4th in 5 on 5 goals. That's without Lupul.

And Calgary's offence was better than the Oilers as well btw.

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
  #308
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
Do they not? It's an objective statement.

They are one of 6 teams that averaged 3 goals a game. They're 6th in total goals for, 4th in 5 on 5 goals scored. That also doesn't take into context that Lupul missed the vast majority of the season.

The Leafs offence is Elite, but don't worry, one day Edmonton's offence will get there...maybe.
Repeated by popular demand for more lmfao. Thank you.

Did it ever occur to you that the Leafs would score significantly less goals in the tighter WC? I'm sure it didn't. Or that saying a team has "elite offense" merely on the basis of one shortened lockout season is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Leafs offense is elite did I read that right?

Elite compared to Calgary maybe.
We landed a live one here.

Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:06 PM
  #309
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
Like I said, one of only 6 teams to average 3 goals a game. 4th in 5 on 5 goals. That's without Lupul.
My GAWD, somebody killed Lupul. What on Earth are the Leafs to do? Sounds like built in excuse time in the Leafs mythology.

If only the Leafs had Lupul in the 2013 playoffs..

Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:08 PM
  #310
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
My GAWD, somebody killed Lupul. What on Earth are the Leafs to do? Sounds like built in excuse time in the Leafs mythology.

If only we had Lupul in the 2013 playoffs..
You mean, if only you had playoffs in 2013.

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:13 PM
  #311
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
You mean, if only you had playoffs in 2013.
Ironic from a Leafs fan but anyway.

Are you new to the board or just naive about what you are doing right now?

Ask yourself what board you are on and why you are here?

Ask yourself as well if people here know Joffrey Lupul and what our opinion of him would likely be.

Lupul would be hearing footsteps all day any day playing in the WC.

I doubt he'd make any difference in a Bruins series.

Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:18 PM
  #312
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Ironic from a Leafs fan but anyway.

Are you new to the board or just naive about what you are doing right now?

Ask yourself what board you are on and why you are here?

Ask yourself as well if people here know Joffrey Lupul and what our opinion of him would likely be.

Lupul would be hearing footsteps all day any day playing in the WC.

I doubt he'd make any difference in a Bruins series.
What are you talking about? Do you just make things up as you go on? lol...

He scored twice last night in a 4-2 win...

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:21 PM
  #313
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
What are you talking about? Do you just make things up as you go on? lol...

He scored twice last night in a 4-2 win...
This from somebody that states the leafs are an elite offensive team..with Kadri superstar in the making no doubt.

Heres a clue. Flash in the pan. look it up.

I wouldn't watch a leafs game if you paid me. In another post you were crying about Lupul being injured.

Joffrey is back now you say. Who knew?

Too bad the Bruins attention to detail is so poor this year. In a normal year the
Bruins would annihilate players like Lupul.

Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:24 PM
  #314
Angelus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
You mean, if only you had playoffs in 2013.
Maple *****s make the playoffs for the first time in a decade and suddenly ***** Nation is making Canucks fans look humble and reasonable. I thought that would be impossible.

Angelus* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:26 PM
  #315
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This from somebody that states the leafs are an elite offensive team..with Kadri superstar in the making no doubt.

Heres a clue. Flash in the pan. look it up.

I wouldn't watch a leafs game if you paid me. In another post you were crying about Lupul being injured.

Joffrey is back now you say. Who knew?

Too bad the Bruins attention to detail is so poor this year. In a normal year the
Bruins would annihilate players like Lupul.
Leafs were a top 10 scoring team last year as well.

Check-mate.

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:28 PM
  #316
Angelus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
Leafs were a top 10 scoring team last year as well.

Check-mate.
And the 29th ranked Oilers had a better GA.

**** off.

Angelus* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:29 PM
  #317
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
And just think, even with what a huge disgrace the Oilers are, it'll be over 20 years until they reach Leaf-like levels of Stanley Cup hilarity!
I dunno but I'm always reminded by this somehow.


Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:30 PM
  #318
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
Leafs were a top 10 scoring team last year as well.

Check-mate.
Playing most of their games against EC clubs.

Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  #319
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Maple *****s make the playoffs for the first time in a decade and suddenly ***** Nation is making Canucks fans look humble and reasonable. I thought that would be impossible.
This guy just probably became a hockey fan last year. You know..cough.....














bandwagon.

Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  #320
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Ironic from a Leafs fan but anyway.

Are you new to the board or just naive about what you are doing right now?

Ask yourself what board you are on and why you are here?

Ask yourself as well if people here know Joffrey Lupul and what our opinion of him would likely be.

Lupul would be hearing footsteps all day any day playing in the WC.

I doubt he'd make any difference in a Bruins series.
Replacement, do you even watch the games?? Lupul scored twice yesterday. Your opinion, thats all it is and stop talking down to other posters, is silly when it comes the Eastern conference. Honestly you shouldn't have one if you aren't going to watch the games. You aren't the only one who thinks that Oilers would be top half of the East but your comments are irritating. This year is impossible to compare, especially when you don't even watch the games.

timekeep is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
  #321
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Replacement, do you even watch the games?? Lupul scored twice yesterday. Your opinion, thats all it is and stop talking down to other posters, is silly when it comes the Eastern conference. Honestly you shouldn't have one if you aren't going to watch the games. You aren't the only one who thinks that Oilers would be top half of the East but your comments are irritating. This year is impossible to compare, especially when you don't even watch the games.
Thank you.

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:34 PM
  #322
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!
 
GreatMcKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 24,760
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Replacement, do you even watch the games?? Lupul scored twice yesterday. Your opinion, thats all it is and stop talking down to other posters, is silly when it comes the Eastern conference. Honestly you shouldn't have one if you aren't going to watch the games. You aren't the only one who thinks that Oilers would be top half of the East but your comments are irritating. This year is impossible to compare, especially when you don't even watch the games.
It's pretty much an established fact the Eastern Conference is far weaker than the West. The Kings would roll any of those teams in a playoff series.

GreatMcKeith is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:34 PM
  #323
Replacement*
Checked out
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hiking
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Replacement, do you even watch the games?? Lupul scored twice yesterday. Your opinion, thats all it is and stop talking down to other posters, is silly when it comes the Eastern conference. Honestly you shouldn't have one if you aren't going to watch the games. You aren't the only one who thinks that Oilers would be top half of the East but your comments are irritating. This year is impossible to compare, especially when you don't even watch the games.
I don't watch Eastern conference games much because theres little point to it. The EC playoffs are a joke this year. EC defensive stats were a joke all year.

The good hockey is being played in the West. Thats what I'm glued to.

Replacement* is offline  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM
  #324
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I don't watch Eastern conference games much because theres little point to it. The EC playoffs are a joke this year. EC defensive stats were a joke all year.

The good hockey is being played in the West. Thats what I'm glued to.
Mr Subjective, is what your name should be.

X66 is online now  
Old
05-05-2013, 01:38 PM
  #325
Philly85*
I Ain't Even Mad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15,848
vCash: 500
Alright ladies settle down.

This PIT/NYI game is very entertaining. Just good all round hockey. Crosby looks possessed at moments.

2 interesting players on the Islanders today who keep popping up, Cisikas (who? lol) and Grabner who has been all over the place and extremely physical. Really impressed what I see there.

Anyways its a back and forth game, would suggest people to catch a bit of it , I know it's going to be a beautiful day but the game should be over by 1.

Philly85* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.