HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

GAME #1-1 - "Where the Streets Have No Sharks" - Canucks vs. Sharks - 7:30 p.m, TSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
  #76
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,548
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Are those lines in the OP confirmed? I'd be happy if Ballard's in the lineup on the 4th line.
No idea about the fourth line but I was just reading a Province article that said Kesler's wingers would be Higgy and Kassian.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
  #77
tantalum
Registered User
 
tantalum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 15,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Might be a reflection of the larger fanbase. Those that have lost interest and optimism with the team.

Van isn't an easy team to get behind for many right now. I'm kinda meh on them as well. Try just haven't looked good for quite some time. I guess the radio commentators are hoping on board with that sentiment by talking about consequences instead progression.
Just goes to show how spoiled the fan base has been of late.

It's the playoffs. they have home ice advantage. Yeesh.

tantalum is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:30 AM
  #78
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03
 
CalgaryCanuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I don't see Canucks in 5. Not if the PP doesn't hit 20% efficiency. Without it, the Canucks won't be able to separate themselves enough from SJ in each game.

Style is one thing. Scoring efficiency is another, and I just don't see that as an advantage for the Canucks. Too difficult to call this series.
San Jose was a bad road team this season, if the Canucks can win both at home and split in San Jose, they have a chance to win it in 5.

Whether you pick the Canucks in 5 or 6, the most likely scenario to make those happen is holding serve at home and winning one on the road.

CalgaryCanuck03 is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:34 AM
  #79
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
No idea about the fourth line but I was just reading a Province article that said Kesler's wingers would be Higgy and Kassian.
Yeah, that's what I remembering hearing about too.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:34 AM
  #80
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,282
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
"the greatest story in canucks history starts tonight."

Ozone is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
  #81
Real Gudbranson
Playoff Bound
 
Real Gudbranson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
They've been reserving their power and storing it all season long here:

Is that the Duncan sub station?

Real Gudbranson is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:41 AM
  #82
McTaunted
Big fan of McDavid
 
McTaunted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Victoria, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 50
Unbelievable, we're already starting the play-offs?

I'm still in a state of shock, but sooo ready!

Go Canucks Go!

McTaunted is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:46 AM
  #83
Eddy Punch Clock
FIRE AND FURY
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,947
vCash: 500
Is it tonight yet?


Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
  #84
MrShift4
GRRRR.......Babe
 
MrShift4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,058
vCash: 500
Go canucks go!!!!!!!!!!

MrShift4 is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:54 AM
  #85
M A K A V E L I*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: van Coevorden
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,478
vCash: 500
Goes down as if shot.


M A K A V E L I* is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:55 AM
  #86
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,282
vCash: 200
Hockey Central insider predictions

Chris Johnston: Canucks
Mike Keenan: Canucks
Nick Kypreos: Sharks
Brad May: Canucks
Doug MacLean: Canucks
Scott Morrison: Sharks
John Shannon: Canucks

Ozone is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:59 AM
  #87
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,548
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZONE View Post
Hockey Central insider predictions

Chris Johnston: Canucks
Mike Keenan: Canucks
Nick Kypreos: Sharks
Brad May: Canucks
Doug MacLean: Canucks
Scott Morrison: Sharks
John Shannon: Canucks
Lol Kypreos, not surprised.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:02 AM
  #88
Stanley as in Cup
Registered User
 
Stanley as in Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
orca-shark.jpg

Stanley as in Cup is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:03 AM
  #89
Stanley as in Cup
Registered User
 
Stanley as in Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
That had logos on the ocra and shark when I made it! Oh well you guys can fix that up real quick

Stanley as in Cup is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:04 AM
  #90
Stanley as in Cup
Registered User
 
Stanley as in Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Ocras eat Sharks.docx

Stanley as in Cup is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:10 AM
  #91
Tanevian*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: East Van!
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
San Jose was a bad road team this season, if the Canucks can win both at home and split in San Jose, they have a chance to win it in 5.

Whether you pick the Canucks in 5 or 6, the most likely scenario to make those happen is holding serve at home and winning one on the road.
Winning 3 of the first 4 is instrumental in taking a series in 5.

Tanevian* is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:15 AM
  #92
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,245
vCash: 1800
When do we find out the lineups?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:15 AM
  #93
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03
 
CalgaryCanuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Let Us Win View Post
Winning 3 of the first 4 is instrumental in taking a series in 5.
LOL.

My point was that if the Canucks hold serve at home, Canucks in 5 is very much as likely as Canucks in 6, and either way they will have to win a game on the road.

CalgaryCanuck03 is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:15 AM
  #94
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,282
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Lol Kypreos, not surprised.
Exactly. He's not known for good predictions this year, so it bodes well for us then.

3-1 VanCity....and stop Logan's Run...

Logan Couture: 21 Goals this year (5 game-winning) & 51 blocked shots (2nd among all NHL forwards)

Shut him down.

Ozone is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:16 AM
  #95
Bourne Endeavor
Registered User
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,547
vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum View Post
Just goes to show how spoiled the fan base has been of late.

It's the playoffs. they have home ice advantage. Yeesh.
It's not spoiled to criticism this teams inability to seal the deal over the years. Frankly, it's an assessment and cause for far less optimism. Injuries have been a factor this year but the lackluster play as a whole makes it hard to fault people for tempering expectations. Anywho, it's a what if and I have to imagine change will happen if we go out early. That said, I'll be optimistic until it's over one way or another.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:24 AM
  #96
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,548
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZONE View Post
Exactly. He's not known for good predictions this year, so it bodes well for us then.

3-1 VanCity....and stop Logan's Run...

Logan Couture: 21 Goals this year (5 game-winning) & 51 blocked shots (2nd among all NHL forwards)

Shut him down.
Just let him block a couple Garrison shots, that'll shut him down

PRNuck is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:28 AM
  #97
xtr3m
Registered User
 
xtr3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,501
vCash: 50
@ElliottPap
Referees for Game 1 between Nux and Sharks are Eric Furlatt and Francois St. Laurent. Kris King is the series supervisor. #sharks #canucks

xtr3m is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:29 AM
  #98
Ozone
H.M.S. Benning
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10,282
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Just let him block a couple Garrison shots, that'll shut him down

Ozone is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:29 AM
  #99
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03
 
CalgaryCanuck03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
It's not spoiled to criticism this teams inability to seal the deal over the years. Frankly, it's an assessment and cause for far less optimism. Injuries have been a factor this year but the lackluster play as a whole makes it hard to fault people for tempering expectations. Anywho, it's a what if and I have to imagine change will happen if we go out early. That said, I'll be optimistic until it's over one way or another.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing that, or questioning a potential line combo, but the fact that there are some people (fans and media) already looking for who will replace AV is just overboard and ridiculous.

The Canucks fan base is very volatile and if the Canucks come out and play like they did vs the Hawks and win handly, the excitement and expectations will take a big jump up.

CalgaryCanuck03 is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
  #100
PRNuck
Sell the team.
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,548
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
@ElliottPap
Referees for Game 1 between Nux and Sharks are Eric Furlatt and Francois St. Laurent. Kris King is the series supervisor. #sharks #canucks
How does this bode for us?

PRNuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.