HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager.com - Part 9 - Hockey, Soccer and Handball? Oh my!

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2013, 04:23 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Positive result for Dublin Kings F.C. tonight.
I was wondering why you went H/VH with what appeared to be your A-squad then I looked at the S10 standings. Congrats on the bore 0-0 draw

I had a nice result today as well. 2-2 draw but came back in the 2nd half and never played higher than L. Wonder how much my 4-4-2 --> 3-4-3 formation change at the 65' mark made a difference. Muffins is a good team, I'll take that on the road. OAP are now undefeated in their first 5 including games against 2 damn good teams.

Old
07-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Yeah, manum is doing his work. He's really into this whole soccer thing. I think he's from Argentina. I'm just not sure if he knows what he's doing

1.423 in May. Maybe I need to upgrade my Physios? One is at 190 OR, the other 180. And I only have Regen14.
Using 1.423/day for Shipp and 1.407/day for Spicer, and assuming that the difference between their training doesn't change, then Shipp will only need 6,687.5 days make up the 107 point difference in effective OR. Oh, Shipp will have three extra days of training camp over Spicer for the rest of the season, so that'll knock it down to 6,297.6 days (assuming you had SA-15 and max player training effeciency). Spicer also has a 10 point advantage in experience.

Of course, the assumption that the difference between their training won't change could be analyzed. Spicer is a year older and entering his second season at 4/6. Is this Shipp's first season at 4/6?

After analyzing, I find it extremely difficult to believe that Shipp will pass Spicer in the next two seasons.

Quote:
It's always a worry when I value a player more than the other bidders

I understand the thinking behind it. And FC Corona is making it work. BUT... That's all I got

No. The real thing is if the other team is playing 3D, then I feel like I have a better chance to win. Not that I will win, or that it'll be any different than any of our other matches. Just that there is a greater possibility to have 'one of those matches'. You know the kind where you dominate, the other team gets one shot, scores and wins 1-0. I also feel like there is an opening there. I can either pull everyone back and have McCready out front by himself and hope for a long ball to connect, or I can push three forwards up and hope to overwhelm your defense. So I have some tactical options and I could get lucky. Whereas, against your typical 4-4-2, I feel like I can only win with a bit of luck.
Congrats on the win today. I'm just trying to stay within striking distance until camp is over. Hammons is injured for the next three days, but perhaps I'll try him out in a 3-5-2 when he gets back. That's assuming that I have a certain kind of team to play.

Quote:
I know your young studs have bad CL, but that won't matter for a long time. How long does it actually take a 6/6 or 5/6 player to gain 200 OR on a 4/6 player? So I think you're ahead of the curve on this whole CL thing. I just find it really hard to place the bids even though I agree with you
In May (again the last month neither was in a training camp), Young and Jalon averaged 1.671 and 1.679 respectively. Jalon's numbers are higher than they otherwise would be due to changing his ratio after purchasing him.

Quote:
Just don't dump Bragg straight away. Sit him on the bench for a season and see how Young and Jalon, or whoever, perform first. Maybe your team is good enough to overcome the exp gap. Mine wasn't, so I struggled for quite a while waiting to get McCready up to speed.
Bragg will get a chance to stick around as long as he can contribute.

Old
07-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Obryantj

In hockey, I finished the season in 7th place to avoid a first round series with the Irressistable Force. The consolation prize is that I get to play the Psychos and their 63 points OTS advantage. I did manage to win my home game against them this year (in a shootout), but I'm predicting a sweep in favor of the Psychos.

In handball, I'm currently in 2nd place and should finish the season in the top 4 fairly easily. SA-7 and TF-7 should be started next week. While my sports academy hasn't landed me any high quality players (none above 60% AQ), it has produced a 186 OR back and a 178 OR goalie. In addition, only one player over 200 OR has been pulled in my league (although one team did start with a ridiculous player who has surpassed 200 OR).

Old
07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

My handball team was going pretty good for awhile.....then I had to mess around with the tactics and.....of course.....straight down the crapper!
The more I try to readjust tactics to what they were before the worse it gets!

My hockey team won it's first regular season champion trophy.
I can't believe that I'm actually building level 11's in TF, SA and HR!

My soccer team is only 12 days old, one day after I was able to buy some market players my team strength went from 27 to 42.

Thanks to all of you who accept all my teams friendly requests, when the time comes I'll do it for others who need the money.

Old
07-11-2013, 06:29 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
After analyzing, I find it extremely difficult to believe that Shipp will pass Spicer in the next two seasons.
lol @ 'knock it down to 6,297.6 days.'

This is Shipp's first season at 4/6.

Quote:
Congrats on the win today. I'm just trying to stay within striking distance until camp is over. Hammons is injured for the next three days, but perhaps I'll try him out in a 3-5-2 when he gets back. That's assuming that I have a certain kind of team to play.
Thanks. I went for that one big time. That was all of my top players except for the CM. I'll pay the price when I lose to the Fakeballers next Thursday, but it was worth it

I think more shocking than the win was the number of shots. When is the last time you gave up 6 ST with another 5 SW? You only allowed 64 shots on goal in 42 games last season.

As far as motivation, do you have any stats on what other teams are using against you and/or divoch? Do most people roll over for you like they do with the Force in hockey?

Quote:
In May (again the last month neither was in a training camp), Young and Jalon averaged 1.671 and 1.679 respectively. Jalon's numbers are higher than they otherwise would be due to changing his ratio after purchasing him.
I think this proves that you're right on the CL thing being slightly less important than we all want it to be. Those young forwards will be studs for as long as you need them to be. And their low CL might make it possible to re-sign them as RFAs.

Old
07-11-2013, 06:36 PM
tujague

I finished the hockey season with a 31W-1OTW-1OTL-0L record and still finished in second. I simply wasn't ready for the beginning of the season and lost the first game. Then I won 3 in a row and got complacent again. I just wasn't paying attention to the schedule. The 5th game was against one of the 3-4 other good teams, but I used my usual VL across the board and lost. Normally I would bump that up when playing a good team, so I knew I was in trouble as soon as I saw that I had played the CrashTestDummies. Of course that's team who won the title by 3 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito View Post
My handball team was going pretty good for awhile.....then I had to mess around with the tactics and.....of course.....straight down the crapper!
The more I try to readjust tactics to what they were before the worse it gets!
Mine too!

I put in the 'defensive' lineup to save some energy and both games had defensive breakdowns late in the game. I'm going back to the way things were. Hopefully I didn't screw something up too bad.

Old
07-12-2013, 11:31 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
UGH i hate this! In today's hockey friendly game i won 2:1 despite being outshot by a whooping 45:14. Yeah goalie was amazing, but what really stinks is that tomorrow when i would like him to play good he'll be horrible. I already know that will happen!
Told you. I'm putting FIRE SALE sign as soon as playoffs end.

There is just no escaping fate.
http://hockey.powerplaymanager.com/e...?data=21410221

accidently clicked edit instead of quote

Old
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
canucks357

Finally added some paint to the Royal City Cosmodome. It didn't turn out exactly how I had made it (can't read the center ice logo really) but all things considered I'm pleased with my 1hr creative burst tonight

Old
07-13-2013, 07:11 AM
tescosamoa

Got a 180 G. So my new number 1.

Win my next hockey game and I do not have to play in any regulation rounds.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Emerald76

Trying hard to resist the urge of pulling my handball youths before SA 6 is complete...

But if I do manage to wait, there will be 2 guys from SA 6 on Wednesday and Saturday!!

Old
07-14-2013, 09:20 AM
tujague

I'm in the same boat, Emerald. It's hard to wait I think it's worse because I've never waited for an SA upgrade and then actually gotten a decent pull. But the chance for two guys at SA6 is pretty big. Hopefully I get something useful. My boys are getting tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Finally added some paint to the Royal City Cosmodome. It didn't turn out exactly how I had made it (can't read the center ice logo really) but all things considered I'm pleased with my 1hr creative burst tonight
They really need to move those words to the middle row. It looks so bad on the bottom with the doors messing up the words. Who on Earth thought that was a good idea?

The rest looks good

Do you have to pay every time you change it now? Or are you free to upload another version without the words in the middle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Got a 180 G. So my new number 1.

Win my next hockey game and I do not have to play in any regulation rounds.
Nice pull! I would love to add a good goalie. I was following a couple of them on the market, but yikes those prices are high! I know save percentages in Handball are pretty low, but I still think a good goalie could make a big difference.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:23 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
Trying hard to resist the urge of pulling my handball youths before SA 6 is complete...

But if I do manage to wait, there will be 2 guys from SA 6 on Wednesday and Saturday!!
There is a small chance you get two, must first upgrade to lvl 13 so you are 100% to get at least two.

I'll probably put my 15y back on the market later today, got him to 200 OR, but he is 5/6 and will sell him. He is a good back but the team is losing too many games with him as it is. Hopefully i get enough back for lvl 7 training.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:26 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
Nice pull! I would love to add a good goalie. I was following a couple of them on the market, but yikes those prices are high! I know save percentages in Handball are pretty low, but I still think a good goalie could make a big difference.
I have one on the market, nothing special ofc, 157 OR 15 5/6, currently no bids yet at 10k price tag.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:29 AM
tujague

So. We're halfway through the first regular season in Handball. Yep. We're already halfway through. Crazy, eh? What's everyone doing?

What facilities are you prioritizing?
-I'm sticking with Training & Sports Academy for now. I'm going to get SA7 started asap. I already have the money for that. Then I'll either start saving up for T7 or start building HR and maybe a bit of Regen (both are level 3, currently).

How's the season going?
-I'm in 5th in US III.1, but I have the second best goal differential. I seem to crush the less active teams, but lose just about every time to anyone who is decent. I've made a lot of changes to my lineup lately and none are really working. I still have no clue how the season will play out. I thought I was making up ground when I moved into 3rd, then things went sideways for a bit. Now I'm right back where I started. Basically in a tie for 4th-8th. Although some inactive teams are starting to show up & drop, so I should make the playoffs.

Anyone working on player ratios?
-Nope I just train the primary until it's twice as high as the secondaries. Then I switch to the main secondary for that position.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:32 AM
tujague

Quote:
I have one on the market, nothing special ofc, 157 OR 15 5/6, currently no bids yet at 10k price tag.
I said I wanted a 'good goalie' I have a couple of similar guys who came with the team.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:46 AM
suprvilce

Well he's the best goalie on my team but i'm still selling him hoping to make at least some cash An example IzzaX has the best goalie in his league yet his team is 6th currently. I'm almost starting to regret not trying to buy that pivot i mentioned earlier, i put him on my scout list, hopefully his Qs are bad so i don't regret it but i could end up buying a 15 6/6 pivot by seasons end unless i pull one. It seemd to work out great for my team in beta when i had a great pivot.

I'm currently 2nd in my league but could drop a spot or two with the sale of a player or two soon, made lots of changes during the season in lineup and tactics and nothing works.

I'll be starting 7 SA on Tuesday and 6 HR on Wednesday, i'm hoping that by the season ends i'll have all important ones on 7 with regeneration at least 5.

Ratios? Eh i'm in a similar boat. I'll try to train one player lots of shooting (like close to primary) and see if that helps.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Emerald76

Oh - never thought about the chance to get 2 players in 1 pull yet - that's a bonus right there!!

Regarding my plans for the season...

Win as many games as possible (which I'm failing miserably at right now), currently lying in 11th spot with an 11-0-16 record.
The catch is that most of the teams in the league are crucifying themselves energy-wise - I hope to do alot better in the 2nd half of the season.

Facilites, plain and simple right now - SA & TF are the priorities. I should have enough cash to sart Lvl 7 on both next week, but after that I may drop bck to building HR & Regen up to Lvl 5.

Stadium-wise I haven't really given much though yet - I do need to upgrade some parts as I'm selling out at 700 attendance most games now - still, it's on the backburner for now.

Player ratios - I have all of my players on some sort of ratio split - I'm pretty sure it miles off te mark though. I should really just stick to primaries I suppose, but my team is gradually getting stronger without too much personel changes.

Oh, and for those who like to spend money early in a game on players - check out my guy..
230 OR - 15 years old - 6/6 - Universal Back - for just 8mill he could be yours!!

Old
07-14-2013, 10:42 AM
tescosamoa

Sitting in 3rd in USA II.1
Only 2 players in the top twenty for the league. 4 players above 170. Finally have one player in the top 20 for scoring. 2nd in Offence, 5th in goals against. But now I will no longer be using a 130 OR goalie in my games. Energy is great. Using the bench the whole season is working out well as now with injuries starting to hit some of the top losers.... the secondary losers can step up. Training I always have 2 to 5 players in the top 20 each day for the league. Soon the top 4 facilities will all be lvl 5. SA6 has started and TR6 is next on the schedule.

Next league home match I will have 1200 watching. 300 on friendlies 5 League home matches and 6 home friendlies the next 2 weeks. 2 goalies on the market so hoping I can start TR6 late next week then its start on the next 2 stands. HR7 is the main goal plus all stands updated to large standup by the end of the season.

Player wise. I have 3 keepers who will develop well over the next few years.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:31 PM
camrawrn

Currently 5th in II.1, but only one point out from 3rd, and six points from 1st. I'm also 3rd in goal differential.

I recently purchased who is now one of the top players in the league, a 219 Universal Back. His qualities seem to be pretty good, judging by his training, but I'll have him scouted on Tuesday. I have two players on the market, and a physiotherapist. I'm hoping to get about 3.5 mil from the three of them, but I'm not so sure I'll get it. The physiotherapist won't be worth much, and the 161 back won't be more than 500k. The 175 OR goalie is already at 1.8 mil, though, so hopefully I can get more from him.

As for my plans, I'm thinking HR will be next, then training, then academy. If I get enough from my sales this week, I might be able to do all three of them. Doubtful, though. Maybe I can get two. Anyway, other than that, my only plan is to keep winning, and hopefully make a run for 1st or 2nd in the league.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:29 PM
canucks357

Quote:

Likewise, level 6 is our first shot at getting 2 guys in one pull! Perhaps 4 players in 2-3 days

Quote:
They really need to move those words to the middle row. It looks so bad on the bottom with the doors messing up the words. Who on Earth thought that was a good idea?

The rest looks good

Do you have to pay every time you change it now? Or are you free to upload another version without the words in the middle?
I just added paint to the ice surface. The stand colouring and words is being re-worked by the devs or at least is on the to-do list. Like custom ice paintings you pay X credits per pop.

Quote:
1) What's everyone doing?

2) What facilities are you prioritizing?

3) How's the season going?

4) Anyone working on player ratios?
1) My crappy team is nearly losing games despite being better strategically. I've dropped to L importance but nearly lost games I should have won so back up to N. Playoffs will be an adventure.

2) I'll have TF 6 and SA 6 done very soon. Will immediately pop TF 7 and then likely leave facilities alone for the most part as I'll get my stadium up to 2,400 if I can. It'd be nice to get HR moving along too but that may be a stretch.

3) Bouncing in-and-out of the playoff picture. Starting to become more consistent but still find it hard to predict games I'll win and lose.

4) Just started to collect data. Will setup a form tomorrow where people can submit data on their GKs in handball which will help me decipher what makes the best GK and assume an idea ratio from there.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:44 PM
tescosamoa

camrawrn and I swapped positions

Old
07-15-2013, 07:53 AM
suprvilce

Reshuffled my lines in hockey so they look something like what i had mid-late season and almost same lines i won with on the road against team i'm facing today. Now my top two lines have 87 and 90 chemistry and line 3 has 55, hopefully this helps. I play 45-40-15 in playoffs so we'll se if it works.

Put my back on the market: Gorazd Mesarič, scouted Qs in chat, if someone is in spending mode

Quote:
Likewise, level 6 is our first shot at getting 2 guys in one pull! Perhaps 4 players in 2-3 days
It's 4 days actually

In handball decided to switch to lineup i had few weeks back when i was winning games more often than now. Last chance today to see if something works, if not it's back to that. Won yesterday by 1 goal at home, was tied with about a minute left when my player got 2 min penatly, luckily scored a goal while "shorthanded" and won. Lost 3 of the last 4 road games, hoping to change that!

Old
07-15-2013, 08:10 AM
canucks357

Quote:
It's 4 days actually
Not for me. I have 3 days for lvl 6 to finish at which point I can pull, and then 5 days for the next offering from the SA, so 2 days in between. I built TF-6 ASAP not SA-6 ASAP since waiting 2 days for pulls won't impact how many pulls I get whereas waiting two days for TF-6 would keep them on TF-5 training for 2 days longer.

Old
07-15-2013, 08:14 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
Not for me. I have 3 days for lvl 6 to finish at which point I can pull, and then 5 days for the next offering from the SA, so 2 days in between. I built TF-6 ASAP not SA-6 ASAP since waiting 2 days for pulls won't impact how many pulls I get whereas waiting two days for TF-6 would keep them on TF-5 training for 2 days longer.
Oh didn't realize that, my mistake

Old
07-15-2013, 10:16 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Oh didn't realize that, my mistake
All good. If you did SA ASAP each time it'd have been 4 days. I've been doing TF ASAP and SA when possible (was ASAP until now).

Closed Thread