HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager.com - Part 9 - Hockey, Soccer and Handball? Oh my!

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2013, 08:14 AM
tescosamoa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
I just started last friendly. I think it'll be a HUGE energy saver. If up by 5 or more my backups play - saving my starters energy. Only issue is I can't force my backup GK to play if winning by a bunch.
I have done it since the beginning. The subbing out based on goals works great. As soon as that lead drops below 5 goals the A team comes back on. Another note is that your 7M throws is done by who is first inline and it does not matter if they are on the bench.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:38 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
I have done it since the beginning. The subbing out based on goals works great. As soon as that lead drops below 5 goals the A team comes back on. Another note is that your 7M throws is done by who is first inline and it does not matter if they are on the bench.
That's cool. Maybe I should have put as much effort into this as you have

How good are your backups? Are you getting good pulls to bolster the lineup? Or buying players?

Do you play the same 6 guys on offense and defense? Then just sub them out when you have a lead?

If I put my top guys as starters, the backups would have 163, 162, 161, 160 & 158 OR. That's a bit scary.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:40 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Is a 5 goal lead enough?
As soon as the lead drops below 5 A-squad comes back out. It isn't like soccer where once a guy is subbed that's it. If I'm up by 5 or more, B-squad plays. 4 or less A-squad plays regardless of the time of the game. This last game there was a time period where they switched on and off as I played leap-frog with a 5 goal lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
A myth is broken: i had a player 6/6 in SA from previous season to see if his CL will drop, and it did, he is now 5/6.
Thanks! What I was actually getting at was to not look at them at all until the C/L calcs were done. That being said, it is certainly good to know that C/L scanner looked through your viewed players - surprising!

Quote:
It's confirmed. Every single player in my rebuild has dropped to 5/6 early. Sonsa*****es. This kinda pissed me off. Now I want to blow the whole thing up and start over immediately.
Ouch, sorry bud. I am 60% happy with mine. My gem goalie was spared, as was all but 2 of my 17 year olds. The most expensive 17 year old and the most expensive 16 year old I had both dropped, hence my 40% anger.

Quote:
Code:
Name						Age	AQ	C/L	OR	
Tomasz "Mr. 200" Białasiewicz      	17	86	6/6	969
Gabriel Paula				17	80	6/6	784
Igor Sukič    	    			17 	87	6/6	888
Tomáš Holecz				17	81	6/6	790
Przemysław "P^2" Pietruszka		17	85	6/6	938
Adrián "First Century" Lučanský	17	79	6/6	963
Code:
Zdravko "My Precious" Golem   	16	81	6/6	695
The guys in red dropped. Also dropped:
16 6/6 to 17 5/6 85M 99EQ LD as well as 4 of my 16 6/6 players I was planning on using for my 4th line.

I'm now in need of a stud LW. Budget: 250M and growing.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:40 AM
suprvilce

Quote:

How good are your backups? Are you getting good pulls to bolster the lineup? Or buying players?

Do you play the same 6 guys on offense and defense? Then just sub them out when you have a lead?

If I put my top guys as starters, the backups would have 163, 162, 161, 160 & 158 OR. That's a bit scary.
Scary in a good way or a bad way? I have 3 players over 160

Old
08-05-2013, 08:59 AM
tujague

Quote:
Scary in a good way or a bad way? I have 3 players over 160
Really? That's awful! I'm down to two players below 160.

Quote:
As soon as the lead drops below 5 A-squad comes back out. It isn't like soccer where once a guy is subbed that's it. If I'm up by 5 or more, B-squad plays. 4 or less A-squad plays regardless of the time of the game. This last game there was a time period where they switched on and off as I played leap-frog with a 5 goal lead.
That's fantastic news. This is one of the reasons why I never bothered with the subs. I hate subbing guys out and losing. I'll seriously have to think about this now.

Quote:
Ouch, sorry bud. I am 60% happy with mine. My gem goalie was spared, as was all but 2 of my 17 year olds. The most expensive 17 year old and the most expensive 16 year old I had both dropped, hence my 40% anger.
Brutal. At least my guys were all under 35M.

Old
08-05-2013, 09:22 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Brutal. At least my guys were all under 35M.
200M 17yo and 85M 16 yo dropped. I am still keeping both. The 17yo is nearly 1,000 OR at the beginning of 18 and the now-17yo is 99EQ. That being said I now have 6 17yos I didn't plan on selling until today... 77AQ to 85AQ (all gems).

Old
08-05-2013, 11:54 AM
suprvilce

I have to say i'm surprised my team clocks in at 211 OTS after 1st game, when i joined a good year back most top teams had this much.

Old
08-05-2013, 05:47 PM
tescosamoa

Quote:

My backups are 168,163,169,161,153,170,168 I have not bought any players. Do not plan on doing that until next year or year 3. I play the same players on offense and defense and I sub out based on score.

Old
08-05-2013, 10:10 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I have to say i'm surprised my team clocks in at 211 OTS after 1st game, when i joined a good year back most top teams had this much.
Wow! I'm only 206 OTS! Nicely done. Full specs:

AvOR17 - 1361
AvOR22 - 1269
AvOR - 960
AvAge - 20
AvAQ - 79.5
AvCL - 4.8 (was 5.2 ... DAMMIT!)

Last edited by canucks357: 08-05-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old
08-05-2013, 11:41 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

My handball team is still on their roller coaster ride of trying to get a grasp on tactics, who knows what will happen next...I don't!

Soccer team is doing very well despite a rash of injuries.

First game today in league II hockey, only a 4-2 loss.
A computer glitch with a 4 star General sponsor offer will cost me about 9 million this season, canucks357 tried to help but it was too late.

Old
08-06-2013, 10:17 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito View Post
canucks357 tried to help but it was too late.
One of the issues with having sponsor offers come on weekends - if something is wrong there is nobody in the PPM office to check. I should have sent an urgent email to Vlady, sorry.

Old
08-06-2013, 12:56 PM
tescosamoa

Well time to get another top line in hockey... Grey in the tooth and close to retirement.

Old
08-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Wow. That's quite a team you have there. 5 very good to amazing pulls already. I'm surprised you're only in 3rd place. Are you saving it up for the playoffs?
I started with one player over 160 and fell behind in the standings early (hence the team name). With the one log-in and manager-less teams, its been difficult to make up that difference.

Rice has played 10 games and Becks only 2. Those two should have a long-term spot on the roster; everyone else is just filling in. Assuming I'm able to manage my way out of a wet paper bag, I expect those two to carry me to division III (either through a league title or the promo/relegation round). Having an advantage in both SA and TF over the rest of the league should help.

--------------------------------------------------

In hockey, started the season at 219 OTS. I feel like my team is old (I've bought 2 of my current starters over the last 5 seasons), but somehow I'm tied for the third youngest team (by average age) and third highest average CL in my league. With that said, three of my starters will hit restricted free agency this season. I also have 5 starters at 2/6 and 10 more at 3/6. It may be time to consider a rebuild/reload.

In soccer, I finally pulled the trigger and placed Valina and Piposiar on the market. They were my first major purchases and have played 301 (Valina) and 245 (Piposiar: best guess, acquired mid-season and played for prior team) competitive games for my team. Valina scored 182 goals in those games. Both are penciled in to play tomorrow and will be considered for a spot in the Boilermaker Hall of Fame. Both are still cheap (i.e under 100k) if anyone is interested... Selling these two will reduce my player salaries by ~125k per day (both have salaries over 60k) and my player fee by 226,629 (0.5*1,524,032=762,016 instead of 06*1,647,742=988,645). That's a combined savings of over 350,000 per day (higher than I expected).

Old
08-07-2013, 08:41 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
My handball team is taking a nose dive lately- I'm contemplating selling my top few guys (who would most likely be replaced in the upcoming seasons anyway) to make a cash grab and continue to throw money at facilities.... thoughts?

Guess the big question is- what is more important a little extra OTR, or 1 level on the HR?

Old
08-07-2013, 09:35 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
My handball team is taking a nose dive lately- I'm contemplating selling my top few guys (who would most likely be replaced in the upcoming seasons anyway) to make a cash grab and continue to throw money at facilities.... thoughts?

Guess the big question is- what is more important a little extra OTR, or 1 level on the HR?
I would argue OTR. One thing you can do is play on H but swap all players out at half time. That way it is like playing L/N in terms of energy consumption but performance mimics that of playing on H. The catch is, you best make the top-8. If not, save energy and make sure you finish 9-11 in the placement round and win in the ensuing P/R round.

Old
08-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post

How much extra OTR do you think you'll get by keeping your top guys? How much extra money do you think you'll get by selling those guys?

Without knowing the answers to those questions, I'd side with canucks and recommend choosing OTR.

----------

Sold a 49 AQ handball player for just over 3M today. I'm not sure how I should feel about that, but I plan to re-invest that money in my SA.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:45 PM
tujague

Bad day yesterday when I lost to the dreaded Coronas in soccer, then failed to beat a less active team in Handball. The first was expected since I was on the road. The latter was a huge disappointment. If I had won, I would now be in a tie for first. I'm still feeling really good about the team. I think I could take first when it's all said and done. But I need the Academy to give me another difference maker.

Quote:
My backups are 168,163,169,161,153,170,168 I have not bought any players. Do not plan on doing that until next year or year 3. I play the same players on offense and defense and I sub out based on score.
That's pretty good for a B-team Four of them could replace my worst player or two in the starting lineup.

I still haven't messed with multiple formations yet I just don't think my backups are worth a damn. And apparently I'm not allowed to win if super ****** Todd Wilbur isn't playing RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I started with one player over 160 and fell behind in the standings early (hence the team name). With the one log-in and manager-less teams, its been difficult to make up that difference.

Rice has played 10 games and Becks only 2. Those two should have a long-term spot on the roster; everyone else is just filling in.
Oh, I thought your problems were in Beta. I thought you came out on fire when it went live. If your new guys have even half the impact that Rivers has had on mine, then you should have no problem rolling your league the rest of the way.

Quote:
Sold a 49 AQ handball player for just over 3M today. I'm not sure how I should feel about that, but I plan to re-invest that money in my SA.
I simply haven't been that lucky with my Handball sales. I even pulled several coaches, but only one went over 1M. I finally had a player sale reach 500k today when I sold my 147or 3rd string goalie.

So you should feel pretty good about that 3M

Old
08-07-2013, 08:16 PM
tescosamoa

tujague don't sub out the Todd Wilber then Sub out say 4 of them when the score changes based on leading score.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Bad day yesterday when I lost to the dreaded Coronas in soccer, then failed to beat a less active team in Handball. The first was expected since I was on the road. The latter was a huge disappointment. If I had won, I would now be in a tie for first. I'm still feeling really good about the team. I think I could take first when it's all said and done. But I need the Academy to give me another difference maker.
I was hoping you'd take some points away from the Coronas, but figured the odds of that sank when you posted on the forums that you'd play the starters on high.

Quote:
Oh, I thought your problems were in Beta. I thought you came out on fire when it went live. If your new guys have even half the impact that Rivers has had on mine, then you should have no problem rolling your league the rest of the way.
I've been on a roll as of late (10-1 since Rice joined the team) and have clinched a home playoff series. I may need to hold back a bit and save up for the playoffs; with the goal being to promote and net a cool 7M+ in promotion money. I should mention that I'm in line to promote to your current league.

Quote:
I simply haven't been that lucky with my Handball sales. I even pulled several coaches, but only one went over 1M. I finally had a player sale reach 500k today when I sold my 147or 3rd string goalie.

So you should feel pretty good about that 3M
3M is a lot for that guy, so I feel a little bad that I pocketed that much for a short-term fix for someone else's team.

I pulled my first handball coach last weekend and he went for 30,000. I have another 49 AQ guy on the market right now. This one is 5/6 (the other was 6/6) and has 49 fewer OR (164 vs. 213). That's a lot of 49s...

Old
08-07-2013, 08:28 PM
tujague

Quote:
tujague don't sub out the Todd Wilber then Sub out say 4 of them when the score changes based on leading score.
But he SUCKS! He's also my best player. Somehow. Seriously. Easily the worst starter. 164 OR. Scouted 47AQ. Best Q is 61 Pass. He's awful. But he would be leading the league in scoring if I let him play every game at RB where he likes it. He sucks! But he also leads the team with 42 Steals (6th in the league?!). Which makes no sense since he's slow and not aggressive (both are 16).

I hate him. He's one of those players who succeeds when he shouldn't. And it just confuses the hell out of me. He reminds me of Nick Howell. I had him at the beginning of soccer. He was a midfielder that scored a few goals. So, when I promoted to I.1 with only one really ****** forward, I moved Howell up to forward. He had no offense and no shot. But he led I.1 with 28 goals and I won the freaking title because of him. I couldn't wait to get rid of him either

After all of that *****ing, I'm going to do exactly what you said Park his ass at RB and let him do his thing.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:58 PM
tujague

Quote:
I was hoping you'd take some points away from the Coronas, but figured the odds of that sank when you posted on the forums that you'd play the starters on high.
I knew talking about my plans would take away any element of surprise, but I didn't really care. I'm trying to get everyone else to step up against you guys. And I'm going to attempt to mention it every time I play you two. Get those guys trying, maybe cost you a bit of energy and hopefully some OTR

It pisses me off that those ******* (cats) in hockey have rolled over for Leggmann for 15+ seasons. We need to get things a lot tighter up top.

Old
08-07-2013, 10:03 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
That's what I do with Breznicky on my team. I'd say it's worked pretty well; he's 28th in the league in scoring, despite only appearing in 17 games. Not bad!

Quote:
It pisses me off that those ******* (cats) in hockey have rolled over for Leggmann for 15+ seasons. We need to get things a lot tighter up top.

Give me about 5 seasons and I'll take him down! Or. . . at least try to.

Old
08-08-2013, 09:42 AM
suprvilce

I got two straight draws in handball, i guess i shouldn't be too sad considering how strong (read: weak) my team is. Still nice to get some OTR. Got lucky today though and pulled two coaches with 24 and 26 OR, though my last coach only sold for 60k so i'm not expecting much, transfer fee is already at 9 and 11% now.

EDIT: With today's friendly game that is 3 draws in a row. Lucky or unlucky?

Last edited by suprvilce: 08-08-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old
08-08-2013, 12:02 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I got two straight draws in handball, i guess i shouldn't be too sad considering how strong (read: weak) my team is. Still nice to get some OTR. Got lucky today though and pulled two coaches with 24 and 26 OR, though my last coach only sold for 60k so i'm not expecting much, transfer fee is already at 9 and 11% now.

EDIT: With today's friendly game that is 3 draws in a row. Lucky or unlucky?
I have a 30 OR coach and haven't sold him since he'll fetch next to nothing anymore. That ship has sailed...

Old
08-08-2013, 12:31 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
I have a 30 OR coach and haven't sold him since he'll fetch next to nothing anymore. That ship has sailed...
I've got lvl 1 education center so he won't get much better with me. I'll take what i can so it can help me upgrade training to 8.

Closed Thread