HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager.com - Part 9 - Hockey, Soccer and Handball? Oh my!

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 03:10 PM
tujague

vCash: 500
Just a small update on the rebuilding process that I wanted to share My hockey team currently has 50M in the bank. That's a III.4 league team with a near maxed arena, decent staff, and a too large roster. Sitting on 50M

Building the arena first works

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
With all the talk about how much Chris Tavčar is worth, i'm surprised he only went for 84M.
What? Wow. I wish I was in a position to get in on the bidding. That's a great deal. What happened to the guy who offered 300M? The seller should have put him up for sale for 150-200M and given that guy a chance to put his money where his mouth is.

Old
05-16-2013, 03:19 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Just a small update on the rebuilding process that I wanted to share My hockey team currently has 50M in the bank. That's a III.4 league team with a near maxed arena, decent staff, and a too large roster. Sitting on 50M

Building the arena first works

What? Wow. I wish I was in a position to get in on the bidding. That's a great deal. What happened to the guy who offered 300M? The seller should have put him up for sale for 150-200M and given that guy a chance to put his money where his mouth is.
He was offline

Old
05-16-2013, 05:24 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Yes i have that player scouted, i think he was pulled as a forward with 88 on offence. Think he would be a much better forward with O-99/S-99/P-99 and T-51, not sure why he converted him in defenceman.
Landed both those guys you posted for a total of 115M. Market agent screwed me out of 30M but such is life (I was watching on my phone, market agent bids with 55s left. That in turn makes the clock go to 1:55 which bought time for a last-minute bidder who drove me up to 85M.)

Last edited by canucks357: 05-16-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old
05-16-2013, 08:04 PM
canucks357

Hey all, four studs on the market, all relevant info in chat:

Experienced fantastic RD
Great young 17 6/6 C and the Qs to match
96-96-99 Q'd LW 18 6/6
17 6/6 high-Q LW

Had kept them due to their value as prospects but I'm nearing 60 players on my roster and it costs me more to keep them than I will earn by training them quicker and selling later. Alas, they're up for grabs.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:12 AM
suprvilce

One of the players i said about earlier: Luka Brecelj Screenshot

I guess this is the 1st step towards putting him on the market. Maybe a bit high price considering aggresion Q but just thought i'd share.

EDIT: dropped the price from 50M to 25M.

Last edited by suprvilce: 05-17-2013 at 06:02 AM.
Old
05-17-2013, 05:55 AM
suprvilce

Created a handball team, any guesses about what the training ratios are gonna be? I'm asking since it's more similar to soccer where several attributes need to be trained. Field play is the primary for all 3 positions (all except goalies)? Is it also useful for goalies?

Old
05-17-2013, 08:14 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
I posted this on the PPM forums but no one noticed, which isn't surprising, but does anyone know of a handball console game? I'd like to play around with it- seems like a cool sport and I'd like to get a feel for what the game actually is. I googled around and found one but it's only for sale in euros and may not be released yet, i really don't know

Old
05-17-2013, 09:50 AM
camrawrn

I just created my handball team, and one of my players is named "Gustavo Kowalski".

What do the top teams usually upgrade first? I started late in both hockey and soccer, so I have no idea what to do in the beginning of the game. I noticed a lot of the top teams buy and sell players a lot, but I dunno what they focus on in terms of facilities and arena.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:32 AM
doug5984

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
I just created my handball team, and one of my players is named "Gustavo Kowalski".

What do the top teams usually upgrade first? I started late in both hockey and soccer, so I have no idea what to do in the beginning of the game. I noticed a lot of the top teams buy and sell players a lot, but I dunno what they focus on in terms of facilities and arena.

There are a few different schools of thought on what the best way to go is.

My strategy is going to be go heavy in the SA at first. Most of the players you start with won't be worth much of anything so the ability to quickly cycle those guys out- and sell your excess pulls seems like the ticket to me. Training won't do much good at first because you'll be training bad players.

Another strategy would be go for arena and human resources so you'll get better $$$ offers and be able to catch up quicker on the SA side.

Both my soccer and hockey teams are heavily home grown players and I think that has helped me in both sports.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:24 AM
suprvilce

OMG! Second time this week i allowed two goals on first two shots against in a game, 3 on 4. I'm gonna line up my goalies against the wall and shoot them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-17-2013, 11:52 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Created a handball team, any guesses about what the training ratios are gonna be? I'm asking since it's more similar to soccer where several attributes need to be trained. Field play is the primary for all 3 positions (all except goalies)? Is it also useful for goalies?
I bet it is like soccer where sum(secondaries)=N*primary. In hockey N=1 and in soccer N=2. I'd bet handball N=2 as well. In soccer that means 7-5-3 for secondary ratios given 10 for primary. I'd bet handball is one of 8-6-3 or 7-5-4 which, given the two small secondaries, add to 20 for 10 primary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I posted this on the PPM forums but no one noticed, which isn't surprising, but does anyone know of a handball console game? I'd like to play around with it- seems like a cool sport and I'd like to get a feel for what the game actually is. I googled around and found one but it's only for sale in euros and may not be released yet, i really don't know
No idea. Played the sport in gym class back in grades 6-10. I think it'll be a crap shoot in North America - nobody knows what they're doing!

Quote:

Sweet name! What is your team's name? In terms of facilities focus on the big 4: TF, SA, HR, RF in that order. Then Maintenance, Med and just flat out ignore education.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:55 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Sweet name! What is your team's name? In terms of facilities focus on the big 4: TF, SA, HR, RF in that order. Then Maintenance, Med and just flat out ignore education.
My team name is Globo Gym Purple Cobras. And we will, we will, rock you. *stomp* *stomp* tss.

...I need to get out more.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:47 PM
canucks357

Quote:
My team name is Globo Gym Purple Cobras. And we will, we will, rock you. *stomp* *stomp* tss.

...I need to get out more.
Love the name! I played on a soccer team named Average Joes with matching uniforms and everything.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:23 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Love the name! I played on a soccer team named Average Joes with matching uniforms and everything.
Haha that's awesome! We almost made an Average Joe's dodgeball team for a tournament at college, but something came up and we couldn't play.

There's a possibility that I'll be changing my team name. Depends on if I can come up with something better...

Old
05-17-2013, 03:25 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
The player i was talking about yesterday that i scouted is on the market if you're interested in more Slovenians

Screenshot
Aljoša Vršič

Old
05-17-2013, 06:44 PM
canucks357

Quote:
The player i was talking about yesterday that i scouted is on the market if you're interested in more Slovenians

Screenshot
Aljoša Vršič
I'll pass on that guy. I had 102M max via market agent set on a guy today - he sold for 100M. Another Slovakian U18 defenceman.

Old
05-19-2013, 10:08 AM
suprvilce

When beta ends and season 1 starts in handball, will all teams have the same sponsor offers on day 1? Or will teams that start in higher league have more than those in lower leagues?

Old
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
canucks357

Quote:
When beta ends and season 1 starts in handball, will all teams have the same sponsor offers on day 1? Or will teams that start in higher league have more than those in lower leagues?
If not the same only slightly different to offset the difference in salaries between divisions.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:57 AM
doug5984

So from those day 1 starters in soccer, is being in I.1 from the start that big of an advantage? I know starting a few weeks late and having to move up has hurt me some, but I think thats more time than anything... just wondering if it is worth 50 credits to start in I.1, or just get put wherever and work my way up

Old
05-20-2013, 09:22 AM
canucks357

Quote:
So from those day 1 starters in soccer, is being in I.1 from the start that big of an advantage? I know starting a few weeks late and having to move up has hurt me some, but I think thats more time than anything... just wondering if it is worth 50 credits to start in I.1, or just get put wherever and work my way up
Of the top-6 teams currently in Canada (by current league standings):
3 started in I.1
2 started in II.X
1 started in III.X

The biggest perk in my opinion is that you can get into the first ChL competition *only* from I.1 in season 1. Anyone can get into the CWC but ChL is only accessible from I.1 and will use the final standings of I.1 S1.

It was huge for my soccer team. I.1 wasn't very competitive S1 and while I had a crap team I was able to manage them enough to finish 2nd. That secured me some funds early on that really helped. Unfortunately, my SA was junk down the stretch and I lost that lead (at one point I was top OTR in the world). After relegating and coming back up I'm doing well once more.

If you can spare the funds, and have been late to the show for the other sports, go for I.1. It's a totally different experience.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:32 AM
tujague

Quote:
I started in II for soccer. Promoted after the first season and won the I.1 title in season 2. Been coasting on that ever since

I'm just going to let them put me wherever. I prefer to work my way up. Like canucks said, starting at the top is different.

I don't want to say it's boring, but I hate that I'm making so much money in soccer. It takes a lot away from the game. I'm now to the point that I can buy several 100M players just to plug holes in the lineup. Around the beginning of this season, I bought 3 new mids and now I've added two new dmen. I haven't had to sell anyone or pinch pennies to do it. I don't get a feeling of accomplishment from this at all. I feel like it cheapens the game. And it's ******** that other I.1 teams are struggling along while I'm raking in the cash.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:01 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I started in II for soccer. Promoted after the first season and won the I.1 title in season 2. Been coasting on that ever since

I'm just going to let them put me wherever. I prefer to work my way up. Like canucks said, starting at the top is different.

I don't want to say it's boring, but I hate that I'm making so much money in soccer. It takes a lot away from the game. I'm now to the point that I can buy several 100M players just to plug holes in the lineup. Around the beginning of this season, I bought 3 new mids and now I've added two new dmen. I haven't had to sell anyone or pinch pennies to do it. I don't get a feeling of accomplishment from this at all. I feel like it cheapens the game. And it's ******** that other I.1 teams are struggling along while I'm raking in the cash.
I wish money was harder to come by in the game too, ah well. The main thing to being a top team in a sport is being competitive and playing in I.1 by S3 - at least from what I've noticed through hockey and soccer.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:45 AM
doug5984

I'll be happy to take any excess cash you feel bad spending

Old
05-20-2013, 10:52 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I'll be happy to take any excess cash you feel bad spending
Ditto! I'm rich in hockey, but I started in div3 so all that money was due to long-term planning. In soccer I'm scrounging funds where I can but certainly aren't a rich pr!ck like him

Old
05-20-2013, 12:45 PM
tujague

Quote:
Ditto! I'm rich in hockey, but I started in div3 so all that money was due to long-term planning. In soccer I'm scrounging funds where I can but certainly aren't a rich pr!ck like him
The sad thing is I'm not even a great team.
1st in II.4
1st in I.1
11th (3rd in ChL)
4th
6th
11th (CWC Champ)
4th
4th
7th

I wasn't joking when I said I've been coasting on my very early success. It's bad enough when teams like Obryantj's or the Coronas are getting stupid money, but when it's a second tier team like mine, it's insane.

And addicting. I can't wait to add another dman. And then, after spending around 500M on 5 players, I'm going to get really serious about buying players

Closed Thread