HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2013, 09:57 PM
haburger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingHead View Post
He made a lot of big saves. You haters are just blind. Tonight Price was great.
who was the better goalie tonite?anderson got beat by two perfect shots and price got beat by a bounce off a leg and a scramble in front of his net.

Old
05-07-2013, 09:59 PM
CP31

G1:Anderson
G2: Price
G3:Anderson
G4: Price

Old
05-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Noob616

Anyone actually blaming Price for tonight's loss is completely delusional. End of story.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
we have dominated 3 of 4 games!!!we re down 3-1 in the series.fact is,price hasnt made the big saves at the right time.craig anderson has.like markov 's chance in the 2 nd,anderson shut the door or we woulda been up 3-0.
Yes because teams only lose games because of their goaltenders. Do yourself and us a favor and stop analyzing hockey, you're awful at it.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Moen View Post
He is paid to win these games!!

The margin between a good goalie and an elite goalie is so thin, yet the elite goalie commands twice or three times the salary of a good goalie.

You pay that huge premium to win those games with a thin margin!!
How much can we pay you to leave this forum?

Old
05-07-2013, 10:01 PM
TalkingHead

Quote:
who was the better goalie tonite?anderson got beat by two perfect shots and price got beat by a bounce off a leg and a scramble in front of his net.
Price was.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:02 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
The only big save Anderson made tonight was the markov one.
exactly.massive stop or its over.how many times has price done that?again boys, aint hating on carey jus sayin til he steps up we re middle of the pack.and by stepping up i mean consistent performances and wins.he'll get there.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Travis Moen

Let's ask sens fans if they would trade Anderson for Price for these series

Hells, let's ask neutral fans! And then we'll talk about delusion

Old
05-07-2013, 10:06 PM
haburger

anderson is the best goalie in the league right now.his whole season has been phenomenal.without him sens are not even in the playoffs.if the sens could add some scoring punch they would be scary.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:13 PM
The EGG Line

vCash: 132
Quote:
man thank the hfboards rules cause right now you would deserve every ****ing insult thrown your way

Old
05-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yup. We still have people like you who will stretch reality to blame Price for a loss.
Did I blame him? I said the situation hasn't changed. We lost. Third period meltdown. Same old.

We should have clinched the series tonight based on all around play. I will let people like you write the conspiracy theories and let me know why it's going to be such a long summer.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Alexsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He's not special. There's pretty much 10-15 goalies in the league that can do the same job, year in and year out. We have one of them, we should be happy, or we could go from tender to tender... Which one do you prefer ?
At 2-3M for the same result a 6.5M gives us?

Go from tender to tender.

Five years left to his contract, let's get rid of him while he still has some value...

Old
05-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Played great tonight.

If that's a groin injury, it might explain his mediocre season. Probably tweaked it a few months ago and then fully damaged it toight.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

vCash: 233
How the **** can people put this on Price? One was a kicking motion because Tinordi lost his man and the other one, Price was interfered with and had his stick grabbed by Turris. I mean, ****, unless Price is superman, I don't know what the **** any goaltender can do about that.

The groin injury on such a small movement would also explain a lot in regards of his mobility if it's been a lingering issue, but this isn't Price. This is seriously the team not putting any pressure on until their two goal lead turned into a one goal lead and even then, the Sens were everywhere. It's mind boggling that people can put this on Price.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:27 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
How the **** can people put this on Price? One was a kicking motion because Tinordi lost his man and the other one, Price was interfered with and had his stick grabbed by Turris. I mean, ****, unless Price is superman, I don't know what the **** any goaltender can do about that.

The groin injury on such a small movement would also explain a lot in regards of his mobility if it's been a lingering issue, but this isn't Price. This is seriously the team not putting any pressure on until their two goal lead turned into a one goal lead and even then, the Sens were everywhere. It's mind boggling that people can put this on Price.
No. NO. It doesn't matter. Halak would of stopped it with his huge ****ing giant penis. I HATE PRICE.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Played great tonight.

If that's a groin injury, it might explain his mediocre season. Probably tweaked it a few months ago and then fully damaged it toight.
This, Dress Budaj, Tokarski tomorrow, let him rest and and fix himself over the summer.

Next year we will hopefully have a stronger D corps naturally (Emelin) and hopefully through trades or FA

Old
05-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Alexsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
How the **** can people put this on Price?
What I don't understand is how the **** can some people prefer him to any 2-3M$ goalie that will give you pretty much the same performances.

I used to support him but, not anymore...

Old
05-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsin View Post
What I don't understand is how the **** can some people prefer him to any 2-3M$ goalie that will give you pretty much the same performances.

I used to support him but, not anymore...
I have a simple theory that good looking players are rated higher independently of their performance.

I guess it's human psychology, a simple reflection of what the average fan wished he was like.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:05 PM
onice

vCash: 210
I'm not blaming Price for the loss. This was a team effort which includes the refs but can anyone honestly say that Price made any difficult saves tonight?

When the Habs were up by two Anderson made a number of great saves - the one off of Markov comes to mind.

Anyone care to mention one comparable save by Price?

Old
05-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I'm not blaming Price for the loss. This was a team effort which includes the refs but can anyone honestly say that Price made any difficult saves tonight?

When the Habs were up by two Anderson made a number of great saves - the one off of Markov comes to mind.

Anyone care to mention one comparable save by Price?
the one off Silfverberg in the 3rd when the puck came off the backboard on to his stick and Price extended the leg. Kept the game 2-0 while the habs were getting peppered in the 3rd until the kicking goal. Please.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:13 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
The funny part about this is had those two "perfect shots" gone in on Price we would hear "Oh Price was done way too early" and other dumb excuses.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:15 PM
holyhabs87

Price didn't even lose though. Budaj did lol

Old
05-07-2013, 11:28 PM
onice

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
the one off Silfverberg in the 3rd when the puck came off the backboard on to his stick and Price extended the leg. Kept the game 2-0 while the habs were getting peppered in the 3rd until the kicking goal. Please.
Refresh my memory because the only one from Silfverberg I remember is the one Price almost wiffed on and trapped between his arm and pad.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Refresh my memory because the only one from Silfverberg I remember is the one Price almost wiffed on and trapped between his arm and pad.
Refresh your own memory. Though you'll find it convenient not to as it won't fit your discourse.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Not his fault tonight. Again, not his biggest fan, but I'm expecting a groin surgery immediately after the series are over. Not sure but might see a record of surgeries right after. They better 'cause if not....it will really be "NO EXCUSES".

As far as the 2nd goal...well he didn't have access to his stick so he couldn't stop it. Yet, he's not exactly stellar in the stick position to protect the 5-hole but we can't know if he would have made the save or not. On this goal, he couldn't. Period. 1st goal is on Tinordi. 2nd goal is on TONS of events. I tell you, just look at it and the way it touches Prust twice while he was down and hurt.....you knew that the puck HAD to go in for some reasons. Price, Roy or Tretiak in net.

Closed Thread