HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2013, 01:17 PM
  #901
skipp18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
how is it that people just cant admit that carey price has been average this year?and saying stats dont tell the whole story??excuses are for losers.the dude just hasnt arrived yet,nothing wrong with that he's only 26.but his numbers this year are absolutely horrible.
OK but was he "average" or "Horrible"??

skipp18 is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 01:50 PM
  #902
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
good luck to price in the future.maybe budaj can provide a spark tonight.

haburger* is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 02:02 PM
  #903
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
who knows. maybe we' ll even see him in the 2nd round.i expect this series to take a few more crazy twists before its over.

haburger* is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 07:04 PM
  #904
HabsRealist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Price was below league average in save % this season, maybe 20-25th for starters, and he has sucked in the playoffs.

He will, not alone however, be a big reason we lose round one.

Lets not fail to really look at our teams shortcomings honestly.

Price has alot to prove to Habs fans, in my opinion, and I dont think he has.

HabsRealist is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 07:48 PM
  #905
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRealist View Post
Price was below league average in save % this season, maybe 20-25th for starters, and he has sucked in the playoffs.

He will, not alone however, be a big reason we lose round one.

Lets not fail to really look at our teams shortcomings honestly.

Price has alot to prove to Habs fans, in my opinion, and I dont think he has.
Look at the guy in net now. Price is the only reason we won game 2.

Ezpz is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:03 PM
  #906
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Look at the guy in net now. Price is the only reason we won game 2.
Price is the main reason the team didn't wrap things up on Tuesday.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:19 PM
  #907
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Price is the main reason the team didn't wrap things up on Tuesday.
Yeah it's Prices fault he didn't stop an illegal goal that was available because nobody was covering Zibanejad.

Ezpz is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:24 PM
  #908
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Yeah it's Prices fault he didn't stop an illegal goal that was available because nobody was covering Zibanejad.
your excuses amuse me.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:28 PM
  #909
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
your excuses amuse me.
Everyone else reads this as "I can't refute your point because I have nothing to back up my opinion except a hunch".

Ezpz is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:35 PM
  #910
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,146
vCash: 500
I do hope this game puts an end to the Budaj > Price nonsense. Budaj is an adequate backup goaltender but that's all he'll ever be.

optimus2861 is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:46 PM
  #911
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
I do hope this game puts an end to the Budaj > Price nonsense. Budaj is an adequate backup goaltender but that's all he'll ever be.
Because Price has proved in the past that he would have won this game

Travis Moen is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:48 PM
  #912
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Anyone think that maybe it's time price gets traded? He seems to do terribly in the playoffs.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:50 PM
  #913
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Price really sucked in this elimination game.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:55 PM
  #914
compile
Give me Scotch!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vaughan, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
God damn it. Series on the line an Price lets in 6. Wtf!!

compile is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:56 PM
  #915
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Price really sucked in this elimination game.
I'm so glad he didn't play tonight as he would have been lit up like a Christmas tree. Budaj wasn't good, but he didn't get any help from his D or any luck at all.

I look forward to seeing a fresh Price with a competent D that will allow him to shine. To want otherwise would not make me a fan.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:58 PM
  #916
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I'm so glad he didn't play tonight as he would have been lit up like a Christmas tree. Budaj wasn't good, but he didn't get any help from his D or any luck at all.

I look forward to seeing a fresh Price with a competent D that will allow him to shine. To want otherwise would not make me a fan.
Wat. The first two goals tonight were absolute stinkers than deflated the team entirely.

Ezpz is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:59 PM
  #917
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
If you want to Trade Price, now is not the time. You don't trade guys when their value is low.

We could get a sizeable return for Price but I don't think it is the right move. He will just be starting his prime in a year or two and should be there for the duration of his contract. Look at Anderson...he didn't become how he is until he was older. Goalies peak around 30 to 32 years old, which should coincide with other players peaks.

HabsSlappy is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 08:59 PM
  #918
Rickkins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Anybody here actually believe price got hurt in game 4...?? I don't, not for a damn second. He let the team down at the last moment and wasn't man enough to continue. So, he fakes an injury. He has likely played his last game as a hab.

Bergevin absolutely must trade him in the off season.

Rickkins is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:00 PM
  #919
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Anybody here actually believe price got hurt in game 4...?? I don't, not for a damn second. He let the team down at the last moment and wasn't man enough to continue. So, he fakes an injury. He has likely played his last game as a hab.

Bergevin absolutely must trade him in the off season.
You've had enough magic dragon for the night.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:02 PM
  #920
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Anybody here actually believe price got hurt in game 4...?? I don't, not for a damn second. He let the team down at the last moment and wasn't man enough to continue. So, he fakes an injury. He has likely played his last game as a hab.

Bergevin absolutely must trade him in the off season.
sounds about right.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:11 PM
  #921
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Anybody here actually believe price got hurt in game 4...?? I don't, not for a damn second. He let the team down at the last moment and wasn't man enough to continue. So, he fakes an injury. He has likely played his last game as a hab.

Bergevin absolutely must trade him in the off season.
lol.

Ezpz is online now  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:30 PM
  #922
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,143
vCash: 500
Our defense sucked during all the series. The only goals that Price allowed that were as bad as the 2 first goals tonight was in game 1.

Guilliam is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:38 PM
  #923
Habs_Apostle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,495
vCash: 500
I just have no faith in Price. Some of those goals earlier in the series were just inexcusable. And our crappy run down the stretch started with his shoddy play. Bottom line, though: he just doesn't elevate his play when we need him to. He's a solid goalie, fair enough, but just seems to be missing that little extra something. Having said that, he's the best we have, and you don't trade him away when his value is so low. But the organization definitely needs to look into acquiring a goalie that, at the very least, shows the potential to get it done.

Habs_Apostle is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:39 PM
  #924
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
I have 0 faith in Price. His time in MTL is coming to an end.

couris is offline  
Old
05-09-2013, 09:40 PM
  #925
durojean
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Look at the guy in net now. Price is the only reason we won game 2.
Replace a back-up goalie with another back-up goalie you'll have the same results. Maybe Price is a little better than Budaj.

There is no doubt in my mind reverse the goalies and we win the serie tonight.

durojean is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.