HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 11:55 PM
holyhabs

vCash: 500
Ive been called a Price fanboy since day 1. Half these haters wouldnt hate if he would stop letting in goals like the 2nd. I mean they do happen. Just look at the winner on Quick tonight. Hell the Bourque goal wasnt great on a hot Anderson but whatever. He is to blame for tonight.

Not saying Budaj should start next game or we should trade him. That is ridiculous. But he needs to be better.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Video Coach

People keep in mind Price is still only 25. He has probably 10 more years of elite goaltending in him. If he craps the bed a little here and there it'll serve him and us better on our quest to win another cup.

Price, Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher, Tinordi, not to mention Plekanec, Emelin, Bourque all have a lot of great hockey left in them.

Let's not get impatient and run the best goalie that Habs have had since Roy out of town. Whether you think he's playing great or not, he's the guy everyone would want. Look at the coaches pole this year, after an ok year most East coaches had him as the best goalie in the East! That says a lot about his ability. Be patient with this group. We've got a great core and Price is the centre of it.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
People keep in mind Price is still only 25. He has probably 10 more years of elite goaltending in him. If he craps the bed a little here and there it'll serve him and us better on our quest to win another cup.

Price, Subban, Galchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher, Tinordi, not to mention Plekanec, Emelin, Bourque all have a lot of great hockey left in them.

Let's not get impatient and run the best goalie that Habs have had since Roy out of town. Whether you think he's playing great or not, he's the guy everyone would want. Look at the coaches pole this year, after an ok year most East coaches had him as the best goalie in the East! That says a lot about his ability. Be patient with this group. We've got a great core and Price is the centre of it.
What ...where is this elite thing coming from? He hasn't proven he can be elite in the playoffs and you have the audacity to say he has 10 years of ELITE play in him!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? NO SERIOUSLY YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME

HE'S PLAYING LIKE ****!! I'M VERY PATIENT, IT'S BEEN 8 YEARS SINCE WE DRAFTED HIM! PLAY WELL OR GTFO! and WE HAD THEODORE AND HALAK who are BOTH better than Price has ever been!

Old
05-02-2013, 11:58 PM
holyhabs

Next year Price will be 26. That is the age goalies enter their prime. It is a huge year for him. To me, this is his worst season in the league considering how good the team has played this year. No goal support excuse like he had when Halak was here. At some point excuses get tiresome and he will have to deliver. If it is not now, I hope it can be next year or even I will start to doubt if he can reach that level many believe he can.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:02 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Ive been called a Price fanboy since day 1. Half these haters wouldnt hate if he would stop letting in goals like the 2nd. I mean they do happen. Just look at the winner on Quick tonight. Hell the Bourque goal wasnt great on a hot Anderson but whatever. He is to blame for tonight.

Not saying Budaj should start next game or we should trade him. That is ridiculous. But he needs to be better.
Excuse after excuse after excuse. Yes, all goalies will let in a stinker here and there, but the Quicks, Lundqvists, etc...have all had long stretches of elite play. Price hasn't. He is not that kind of goalie yet...and frankly I have no problem with that as he is still a young guy. The problem is some have anointed him to legendary status yet have no concrete, factual data to back that up. There's always an excuse. This is the problem when you anoint a guy and give him everything before he has actually proven worthy of that distinction.

Price has been rammed down our throat since he's been drafted. Some people have bought into the hype and some haven't. He still has the potential to be great, but he isn't...not even close.

That 2nd goal is downright terrible. He's paid top 3 money and looks like a bottom tier goalie on many nights. He's making big money now....those excuses are getting very old. Expectations come with that type of contract. price NEEDS to step up.

Playoffs is where you make your money. He has been terrible in the playoffs save for a few games. When is the onus on him? On his knees on a point shot up high. Why? How does a goalie who lives on his knees so much get beat low?

Old
05-03-2013, 12:03 AM
MayorFord

3 softies tonight. with 50 shots theres no reason we shouldnt have won tonight. honestly im so sick of price as of late. i would gamble with budaj tomorrow.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:05 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

It is the playoffs. Time to elevate your game. He didn't do that tonight. The second goal was a killer. Pretty sure there wasn't one fan out there that didn't see that was the turning point. Anderson was better tonight. He made the saves he needed to in order to win. Price didn't. Let's see what game two brings.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:06 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I used to be a big Price fan and still am but there is alot of risk with his contract. If there is a deal out there this summer where you can get a top forward and a good goalie, I'd make it.
I dont see any reasons why we should trade Price, he is our franchise goalie. He won the Molson cup! He is the main reason we made the playoff.

I dont get your hate for Price.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I dont see any reasons why we should trade Price, he is our franchise goalie. He won the Molson cup! He is the main reason we made the playoff.

I dont get your hate for Price.
He is the main reason we made the playoffs?!?!?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHA ROFLMAO

Old
05-03-2013, 12:15 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHA ROFLMAO
how do you explain his Molson cup?

Old
05-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
how do you explain his Molson cup?
Popularity contest.

You really believe the 905 save %, the 50th or so best save % in the league is the reason we made the playoffs.

I mean Budaj getting 17 points out of 20 possible points has no impact on the team right? LOL

Old
05-03-2013, 12:19 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
If Price doesn't have a better showing in the rest of this series and we lose, then I'm totally open to trading Price for one of the top 3 draft picks this year. We can get that level of goaltending for a cheaper price (no pun intended).
What about Price for Huberdeau?

Old
05-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Traitor8

2007-2008 11 GP 5 Wins - 6 Losses - 901 Save %
2008-2009 4 GP 0 Wins - 4 Losses - 878 Save %
2009-2010 1 GP 0 Wins - 1 Loss - 890 Save %
2010-2011 7 GP 3 Wins - 4 Losses - 934 Save %
2012-2013 1 GP 0 Wins - 1 Loss - 871 Save %

Old
05-03-2013, 12:20 AM
habtastic

Quote:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHA ROFLMAO
He IS one of the main reasons (although this season there have been many contributors). It's hard to remember the whole season, even though it started in Jan, but he was solid until the rough patch apart from that first toronto blowout.

BUT he was bad down the stretch and as holyhabs87 said, I've also been labeled a fanboy, but IMO this game was on him. (and Gorges/Diaz...but he could have made the saves that they created the chances for).

Old
05-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Video Coach

Quote:
What ...where is this elite thing coming from? He hasn't proven he can be elite in the playoffs and you have the audacity to say he has 10 years of ELITE play in him!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? NO SERIOUSLY YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME

HE'S PLAYING LIKE ****!! I'M VERY PATIENT, IT'S BEEN 8 YEARS SINCE WE DRAFTED HIM! PLAY WELL OR GTFO! and WE HAD THEODORE AND HALAK who are BOTH better than Price has ever been!
He's had huge stretches of dominant play. He's often cited as the likely no 1 goalie for team Canada, NHL coaches say he's the best. I get that playoff success is everything and I think he'll get there.

Look at Halak and Theodore after they left Montreal - very inconsistent play and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a coach or GM who would want either over Price. Price has the size and ability. Every mistake is scrutinized and a good number made up - some saying he let in 3 softies tonight! I counted one.

Every year he is dominant but has some rough stretches (as all goalies do, even Rinne and Lundquist) and is remembered for that.

All I can say is if you hate Price, you're going to hate him for a long time. This team would be CRAZY to move him.

Old
05-03-2013, 12:35 AM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
He's had huge stretches of dominant play. He's often cited as the likely no 1 goalie for team Canada, NHL coaches say he's the best. I get that playoff success is everything and I think he'll get there.

Look at Halak and Theodore after they left Montreal - very inconsistent play and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a coach or GM who would want either over Price. Price has the size and ability. Every mistake is scrutinized and a good number made up - some saying he let in 3 softies tonight! I counted one.

Every year he is dominant but has some rough stretches (as all goalies do, even Rinne and Lundquist) and is remembered for that.

All I can say is if you hate Price, you're going to hate him for a long time. This team would be CRAZY to move him.
Or playing on Montreal defensive system help goalie looking good?

Old
05-03-2013, 12:38 AM
palindrom

Quote:
"Please, can we just trade Price before making the mistake to give him 7 m$ per year?"
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1082003

Interesting thread from January 2012

Last edited by palindrom: 05-03-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old
05-03-2013, 12:51 AM
JustAHabFan

I am really disappointed with Price performance tonight.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:05 AM
76ftw

vCash: 2307
Quote:

This is the dumbest post I've ever seen. Where are Halak and Theodore now?

Old
05-03-2013, 01:07 AM
76ftw

Quote:
2007-2008 11 GP 5 Wins - 6 Losses - 901 Save %
2008-2009 4 GP 0 Wins - 4 Losses - 878 Save %
2009-2010 1 GP 0 Wins - 1 Loss - 890 Save %
2010-2011 7 GP 3 Wins - 4 Losses - 934 Save %
2012-2013 1 GP 0 Wins - 1 Loss - 871 Save %
Yeah this is totally fair. 4 games against a Bruins team that kicked our ass in every way, 1 game against the Caps and 1 game this year. ]

He was good as a rookie and amazing against the Bruins in 2011. You're a fool, delete your account.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Emily

Can I just ask what you guys get from dishing out this persistent hate? Must get tiring at some point... no?

Old
05-03-2013, 01:14 AM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Can I just ask what you guys get from dishing out this persistent hate? Must get tiring at some point... no?
Really though. Like, all some people seem to do on here is bash Habs players. Even when we're 2nd in the East after being 15th last year. Take a deep breath and enjoy hockey.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:15 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
This is the dumbest post I've ever seen. Where are Halak and Theodore now?
Theodore is 36, close to retirement...

Old
05-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Don't worry Price fans. CP isn't going anywhere any time soon. He has at least 3 more seasons/playoffs to prove himself. By then, the D will probably be good enough (I hope) that there won't be any excuses and he'll be old enough too.

As for me, I was a CP believer but now, I'm on the fence. That is because this season the team in front of him has been playing very well, better than anyone had expected. Still, Price mysteriously fell into this month-long slump and doesn't seem to have found his way out of it for good. He should go see a sports psychologist during the off-season if he hasn't been doing that already. His problem looks to be mental. And when it's mental, it may or may never be "fixed". This worries me tremendously.

Anyway, hope it'll work out for CP because he's a very nice guy.

Old
05-03-2013, 01:51 AM
habtastic

The only ones who are worried are the real haters.

Most of us, nay, I'd say all of us (outside of them) are in agreement that Price did not have the game we expect of him and there is no excuse for that.

But we know better than to give up on him after the first game. Isn't this (apart from the Eller incident) starting out like '93? We have to just keep doing what we're doing and like Roy, Price will win it in OT in game 3 (where I will be contributing to the Bell Centreization of SBP). Though I'd prefer we don't go into a 0-2 hole.

Closed Thread