HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Slats Sets New Ranger Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 03:20 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Slats Sets New Ranger Guidelines

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/40704.htm

Old
09-25-2003, 03:39 AM
TKLOOCH22

This is a very good thing if Sather holds true to it. There goes Anson's hair. There goes Czech and Russian language on the bench.

To wit: for the first time in memory, a dress code of coats and ties. To wit: a requirement of neatly groomed hair. To wit: the prohibition of cell phone use on the team bus. To wit: English-only to be spoken on the ice, bench and in the locker room.

"I always had a lot of these rules in Edmonton but when I came over here, we had a lot of veterans on the team and I didn't want to rock the boat," Glen Sather said before last night's 3-2 exhibition loss to the Blue Jackets. "Now I'm rocking the boat."

The New York Rangers were having a party when they could do anything they wanted to. Now, the guys have gotta learn to be a little more professional. Its not an on ice move, but a good move nonetheless.

Old
09-25-2003, 03:43 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
This is a very good thing if Sather holds true to it. There goes Anson's hair. There goes Czech and Russian language on the bench.

To wit: for the first time in memory, a dress code of coats and ties. To wit: a requirement of neatly groomed hair. To wit: the prohibition of cell phone use on the team bus. To wit: English-only to be spoken on the ice, bench and in the locker room.

"I always had a lot of these rules in Edmonton but when I came over here, we had a lot of veterans on the team and I didn't want to rock the boat," Glen Sather said before last night's 3-2 exhibition loss to the Blue Jackets. "Now I'm rocking the boat."

The New York Rangers were having a party when they could do anything they wanted to. Now, the guys have gotta learn to be a little more professional. Its not an on ice move, but a good move nonetheless.

Im surprised Sather did not say, shave all of your hair to look like our captain, that would have been funny if he said that..

Old
09-25-2003, 04:01 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
"Now I'm rocking the boat."

Good for you Slats. Party time is over boys.

Old
09-25-2003, 04:24 AM
ihatenewjersey

i like these rules

Old
09-25-2003, 04:37 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Instead of coming up with a list of off-ice rules, how about sitting down and trying to figure out how to get the penalty kill working!?!?!?!?!?!?! How about worrying about.............ready for this?................HOCKEY!

All this list does is draw attention away from the on-ice failures that Sather is at a total loss to address. Holik says, "there's much more to it than putting on a tie" and he couldn't be more correct. There's a LOT more to it than that. You wanna stress discipline? How about benching the guy who basically threw the game away for us and giving his spot to Petro. If I was was Chris Simon, that might make me think twice about being a freakin' moron on the ice, something some neatly brushed hair would not do. Ridiculous.

Old
09-25-2003, 04:37 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundyfan
"Now I'm rocking the boat."

Good for you Slats. Party time is over boys.
Maybe the party is over for the rookies. Judging by preseason so far, it is only they that have to answer to ACCOUNTABILITY and not the vets. A whole lot of good it will do to ban other languages while the language of accoutnability is still ignored.

Old
09-25-2003, 04:41 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Instead of coming up with a list of off-ice rules, how about sitting down and trying to figure out how to get the penalty kill working!?!?!?!?!?!?! How about worrying about.............ready for this?................HOCKEY!

All this list does is draw attention away from the on-ice failures that Sather is at a total loss to address. Holik says, "there's much more to it than putting on a tie" and he couldn't be more correct. There's a LOT more to it than that. You wanna stress discipline? How about benching the guy who basically threw the game away for us and giving his spot to Petro. If I was was Chris Simon, that might make me think twice about being a freakin' moron on the ice, something some neatly brushed hair would not do. Ridiculous.
You must have posted this at the same time I was making my above post. What can I say? Maybe all the alcohol has had a similar effect on the minds of HFDS.

Seriously though, you are dead on. How about not going down to 3 lines in what is the 4th game in 6 nights? How about worrying about a PK that is rapidly approaching the title of "Most inept in history". How about benching the likes of Messier and Simon when then commit the penalties instead of the likes of Moore & Stals when they.....? I don't really know what they did to deserve not seeing ice time in the 3rd period. Maybe Stals said something in Latvian on the bench and Jackass decided to bench the ofender and the person sitting to his right.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:32 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I think it's a great idea.

When the playoffs start, I don't want these guys showing up at high end country club golf courses looking like they just stepped off the boat.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:55 AM
Lundyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Maybe the party is over for the rookies. Judging by preseason so far, it is only they that have to answer to ACCOUNTABILITY and not the vets. A whole lot of good it will do to ban other languages while the language of accoutnability is still ignored.
Let's wait and see what happens. Preseason is nothing to judge on. When the seaon starts let's see what Slats does.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:57 AM
Barnaby

Does Anson have to shave the dreads?

Old
09-25-2003, 07:06 AM
Lundyfan

Rumor has it he fainted and they haven't revived him yet

Old
09-25-2003, 07:14 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Preseason is nothing to judge on.
It is when it is being run exactly the way the past 6 years were.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:28 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
It is when it is being run exactly the way the past 6 years were.
Lundmark led the Rangers in goals and points last preseason. Rangers beat the Wings 5-3 this preseason, I am not going to base anything off of this but I am concerned about our PK.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Edge

Quote:
Rumor has it he fainted and they haven't revived him yet
lmao

Old
09-25-2003, 09:47 AM
JCProdigy

some of you guys are just complaining to complain. Because he's instituted these off ice rules, does that mean they aren't working on the on ice stuff? Just another slow pre-season day and Brooks needed a topic to write about.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:02 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
some of you guys are just complaining to complain. Because he's instituted these off ice rules, does that mean they aren't working on the on ice stuff? Just another slow pre-season day and Brooks needed a topic to write about.
No, some of us are complaining because we don't like stupid, ****ing dress and hair codes.

It's one thing to comport yourself properly as a member of the New York Rangers, it's quite another to believe that wearing a jacket and tie, and being clean-shaven has anything to do with it.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
No, some of us are complaining because we don't like stupid, ****ing dress and hair codes.

It's one thing to comport yourself properly as a member of the New York Rangers, it's quite another to believe that wearing a jacket and tie, and being clean-shaven has anything to do with it.

That and there is a lot of time wasted trying to teach Dale Purinton how to tie a tie.

09-25-2003, 10:09 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
That and there is a lot of time wasted trying to teach Dale Purinton how to tie a tie.
Uh oh!!!

I sure hope True Blue and JR#9 don't get into a debate about DP being the next Ranger to grace the cover of GQ.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Ranger Wolf

I could care less about the dress and hair code. I take more stock into what appears to be an increase in professionalism. We've all seen what happened to the Yankees once Torre got there and made professionalism an inherent Yankee trait. Who knows, maybe the same success might begin from that.

Ah, who am I kidding. These are the Rangers who are still run by Sather and Dolan. :mad:

Old
09-25-2003, 10:11 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:

I don't hear any complaining about the dress codes. What I read was people trying to infer that Management is working on dress codes INSTEAD of on ice stuff which is just ridiculous to assume. It's not like Sather spent the last 5 days only thinking about how the team should dress on the bus.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:16 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Uh oh!!!

I sure hope True Blue and JR#9 don't get into a debate about DP being the next Ranger to grace the cover of GQ.
Just made the list, buddy.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:22 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Just made the list, buddy.
I assume this would be your potential "Sidekick" list.

Quite an honor!!! Thanks, TB.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
I don't hear any complaining about the dress codes. What I read was people trying to infer that Management is working on dress codes INSTEAD of on ice stuff which is just ridiculous to assume. It's not like Sather spent the last 5 days only thinking about how the team should dress on the bus.
How can a freakin' dress code be even a passing thought considering the piss-poor on ice showing we've seen in the first 3 1/2 out of 4 games?!?!?!?! Tell me you're working on positioning or PK fundamentals and not hair styles and I'll reserve comment until I see the result.

Old
09-25-2003, 10:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
'How can a freakin' dress code be even a passing thought'

Guess he's trying to invoke some of Emile's magic.

Anyone want to mention to Sather that he needs a haircut?
and a nap.

Closed Thread