HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How much $$$ did that Vancouver game cost Katz?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2013, 08:21 AM
  #51
McDorian2
Positional Bias.
 
McDorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Disgusting. Your weekly allowance wasn't enough for you?

I remember when kids played for fun. For pride. Not for the $$$$$.
I totally played for fun and love of the game. The money was totally my parents incentive. It wasn't something I demanded or anything.

Gimme a break man. You must really hate the bonus structure of the NHL as well, with that attitude.

Nothing wrong with getting a little extra for doing a good job. Bonus's happen in the Corporate world all the time for similar events.

I don't even know why I'm defending myself because of a couple of extra bucks my parents gave me for getting a few points.

What is this....the inquisition?


Last edited by McDorian2: 05-02-2013 at 08:30 AM.
McDorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:35 AM
  #52
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Are these bonuses not prorated this year ?
Yes.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:48 AM
  #53
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
McCupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,571
vCash: 500
I guess that possibly explains why Schultz played his best game in weeks in the final game.
I'm not gonna lie. It pisses me of a bit that he looked pretty much done over the last 5 games or so, absolutely finished then all of a sudden comes to life when the bonus money was on the line, good for him to get his money and all but still..... It's all speculative and maybe i'm looking too much into it but it doesn't look good on him and it's pretty disappointing TBH.
I have no problem with Hall and Yak because they were giving their all every game but it doesn't look good on Schultz IMO. I guess considering what happened with the Anaheim situation, we shouldn't be too shocked. I sure hope i'm wrong about where his motivation lied.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:56 AM
  #54
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I totally played for fun and love of the game. The money was totally my parents incentive. It wasn't something I demanded or anything.

Gimme a break man. You must really hate the bonus structure of the NHL as well, with that attitude.

Nothing wrong with getting a little extra for doing a good job. Bonus's happen in the Corporate world all the time for similar events.

I don't even know why I'm defending myself because of a couple of extra bucks my parents gave me for getting a few points.

What is this....the inquisition?
The only problem with those bonuses is that it should have been $1 for a goal and $2 for an assist.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:01 AM
  #55
McDorian2
Positional Bias.
 
McDorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The only problem with those bonuses is that it should have been $1 for a goal and $2 for an assist.
I'll have to talk to my parents about that. Straighten them out on the sins of the past.

McDorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:45 AM
  #56
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 4,133
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
At least it's money paid out for star quality production. It should be like movies, the stars should get paid the bulk of the money and everyone else shouldn't be working for much more than scale.

The middle/mediocre class of the NHL makes so much money and their production seems so volatile year to year depending on the player.

Don't like it? Become a star then. I have no problem with these guys getting paid as much as possible, this is the business Katz has chosen. It's our bottom 6 and marginal guys that really let this team down this year.
Nothing more needs to be said.

The kids all did there part. Them getting the bonuses proves that. If the other guys met there's we'ed be a playoff team.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:06 AM
  #57
jebs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I guess that possibly explains why Schultz played his best game in weeks in the final game.
I'm not gonna lie. It pisses me of a bit that he looked pretty much done over the last 5 games or so, absolutely finished then all of a sudden comes to life when the bonus money was on the line, good for him to get his money and all but still..... It's all speculative and maybe i'm looking too much into it but it doesn't look good on him and it's pretty disappointing TBH.
I have no problem with Hall and Yak because they were giving their all every game but it doesn't look good on Schultz IMO. I guess considering what happened with the Anaheim situation, we shouldn't be too shocked. I sure hope i'm wrong about where his motivation lied.
Yeah you are. He would have known about the bonus money well before Saturday night. Its not like he would intentionally leave it to the last possible game. If you think he just made more effort all of a sudden to get the bonus, you would have seen that from him earlier.

Schultz came to life because he was playing against an almost AHL lineup.

jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:07 AM
  #58
0ilerman
The King
 
0ilerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Capital City
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,995
vCash: 500
These bonuses, whatever they are, were well earned. They achieved tough targets that were set with careful consideration, so good for them

0ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:59 AM
  #59
cpsman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I guess that possibly explains why Schultz played his best game in weeks in the final game.
I'm not gonna lie. It pisses me of a bit that he looked pretty much done over the last 5 games or so, absolutely finished then all of a sudden comes to life when the bonus money was on the line, good for him to get his money and all but still..... It's all speculative and maybe i'm looking too much into it but it doesn't look good on him and it's pretty disappointing TBH.
I have no problem with Hall and Yak because they were giving their all every game but it doesn't look good on Schultz IMO. I guess considering what happened with the Anaheim situation, we shouldn't be too shocked. I sure hope i'm wrong about where his motivation lied.
its ridiculous scrutiny like this that contributes to players not wanting to come to edmonton.

yes, hockey players are overpaid.
yes, hockey players like money.

This is their job. if someone offered you more money for more work, you would do your best to get that money as well.

But I think its absolutely ridiculous to think that players stop trying then only try to make these goals for pay.

And seriously, whats wrong with this board when people are complaining about players getting excited? seriously? If you scored, you would be happy. You would be even more happy if that goal ensured you more money. So what. That doesn't meant that they don't like or want team success. People inferring that are making grossly overanalytical statements with no basis.

cpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:07 PM
  #60
Tad McMikowsky
Retired
 
Tad McMikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsman View Post
its ridiculous scrutiny like this that contributes to players not wanting to come to edmonton.

yes, hockey players are overpaid.
yes, hockey players like money.

This is their job. if someone offered you more money for more work, you would do your best to get that money as well.

But I think its absolutely ridiculous to think that players stop trying then only try to make these goals for pay.

And seriously, whats wrong with this board when people are complaining about players getting excited? seriously? If you scored, you would be happy. You would be even more happy if that goal ensured you more money. So what. That doesn't meant that they don't like or want team success. People inferring that are making grossly overanalytical statements with no basis.
Dude, it's always been like this around here though.

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 04:53 PM
  #61
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I totally played for fun and love of the game. The money was totally my parents incentive. It wasn't something I demanded or anything.

Gimme a break man. You must really hate the bonus structure of the NHL as well, with that attitude.

Nothing wrong with getting a little extra for doing a good job. Bonus's happen in the Corporate world all the time for similar events.

I don't even know why I'm defending myself because of a couple of extra bucks my parents gave me for getting a few points.

What is this....the inquisition?
I should have added " " at the end lol.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:47 PM
  #62
foshizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
What a pointless thread. No wonder players don't want to play here. If I was a player- I would never sign in Edmonton- and I was born and raised here. From the arena debacle to this ridiculous thread. Sure- maybe Hall, Eberel, Schulz aren't on HFOil- but maybe one of their friends, cousins, family members, a friend of a friend is and happens o mention that idiot fans have this belief. I'm also dumbfounded how many of you can jump to the conclusion they played for their bonuses.

foshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:57 PM
  #63
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,261
vCash: 500
If they made their bonuses they deserve it.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:36 PM
  #64
dobiezeke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
player intent and how frowny these little boys would have been if they took a dump in those final two games. we've already seen little boys like Gagner, in the past, contact EA Sports for making his statistical attributes in a video game less than desirable. poor poopy diaper.

i have no problem with the monetary bonus. i have a problem with intent and immaturity on a hockey team of flunkies who play soft and can barely make tape to tape plays consistently. but then are all boners and butt pats when they hit a bonus for each other.

we wont know for sure but its more than curious.
If the group that you are dumping on had gotten all their points in the one game against the Canucks then you have an argument. It took the prior 47 games for those receiving bonuses to get to that point. So you should have dumped on these guys all year for getting points purely to reach that Vancouver game. Clearly you believe that is all they were doing throughout the season.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:41 PM
  #65
Krigaren*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
If they made their bonuses they deserve it.
Look if they got their bonuses fine i guess.
But i really hate the way your phrasing it. Noone deserves anything on a team that cant make the playoffs for years.

Its been a few years into the rebuild and i still dont see the oilers have any kind of cycle game. I couldnt care less about bonuses however i would not say anyone on the oilers from owners to staff to players are deserving off anything.

Right now we are the islanders a few years back.
That says alot. Very few teams have had this concistent suck throwout such a long period of time.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
  #66
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,446
vCash: 500
So as far as I can tell, the league paid Hall a 190k bonus (9th in league scoring, 8th in assists, 7th in ppg) on top of him maxing out his ELC bonuses. Basically after tax it's a new car for the guy. Not bad. I'd be happy too. If anyone is doubting Hall's passion for the game then they have problems.

It's a guy like Horcoff I worry about. At least the kids had to do something for their money. This guy has had it in cruise control since 2009.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.