HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Juxtaposer's Post-Lottery Top-14

Old
05-01-2013, 04:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Juxtaposer's Post-Lottery Top-14

1. Colorado Avalacnhe
RD Seth Jones. Doesn't need explanation.

2. Florida Panthers
C Nathan Mackinnon. Again, doesn't need much explanation. Good chemistry with Huberdeau and they're very complimentary players, and the Panthers need a #1C more than anything.

3. Tampa Bay Lightning
LW Jonathan Drouin. Another no-brainer. Slick, playmaking winger will be perfect for Stamkos.

4. Nashville Predators
C/RW Elias Lindholm. Preds get their #1C who may be the most well-rounded player in the draft, and has tons of offensive upside. Potentially a good fit for Forsberg.

5. Carolina Hurricanes
C Sean Monahan. Sure, they have Eric and Jordan, but they have very little else at C, and who says one of the Staals can't convert to wing?

6. Calgary Flames
C Aleksander Barkov. Easy BPA, Calgary gets a big, two-way, playmaking franchise #1C to kick-start their rebuild.

7. Edmonton Oilers
RD Rasmus Ristolainen. Big, smooth-skating, mean two-way defenseman who could be NHL-ready. Pretty much the ideal player for the Oilers.

8. Buffalo Sabres
LD Darnell Nurse. Tough SOB who could be the idea partner for Ehrhoff. Great defensively.

9. New Jersey Devils
LW Valeri Nichushkin. The Devils need top-6 wingers, and Nichushkin is a young Rick Nash. They're happy to take him at 9.

10. Dallas Stars
RD Ryan Pulock. Dallas needs an offensive-minded RHD. Pulock's got a bomb of a shot.

11. Philadelphia Flyers
LD Shea Theodore. Yeah, seems like a huge reach, but he has perhaps the second best offensive upside in this draft after Jones. Would bring elite mobility and puck skills to a Flyers blue-line in dire need of both.

12. Phoenix Coyotes
C/W Alexander Wennberg. Take Ekman-Larsson's countryman, but this player fits Tippett's system to a T. Good skater, great two-way player, good physicality, good playmaking ability.

13. Winnipeg Jets
LW/C Bo Horvat. Keeps rising and the Jets see a Ryan O'Reilly type in him, an elite two-way #2C who is captain material and would center a shutdown line.

14. Columbus Blue Jackets
LW Hunter Shinkaruk. Speedy winger would can make plays and finish. BPA, has the offensive upside Columbus needs.

Couple of reaches, I know, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Theodore rocket up on draft day like Derrick Pouliot, and Horvat's such a safe, character pick I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up too. I'm quite high on Lindholm, I don't see a significant difference between him and Barkov. Carolina drafts with a distinctly Canadian flavor. Shinkaruk may fall a bit, although unjustifiably in my mind, he's a top-10 pick to me.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:08 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Barkov down to 6? Bold, but totally possible.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:15 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 500
Love it as a Flames fan

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Preds will take Barkov IMO

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 05:41 PM
McMozesmadness
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
7. Edmonton Oilers
RD Rasmus Ristolainen. Big, smooth-skating, mean two-way defenseman who could be NHL-ready. Pretty much the ideal player for the Oilers.

11. Philadelphia Flyers
LD Shea Theodore. Yeah, seems like a huge reach, but he has perhaps the second best offensive upside in this draft after Jones. Would bring elite mobility and puck skills to a Flyers blue-line in dire need of both.
Very bold with Theodore I've been preaching his name like crazy I totally agree with you

As for Ristolainen to Edmonton, love it as well

McMozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Possible but Lindholm is more of a fit in NSH and while Barkov is probably BPA, it's pretty close. Gonna be a wash I think.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 05:50 PM
BarDownMcBobo

vCash: 512
Swap Barkov and Lindholm and I agree with this.

BarDownMcBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
Possible but Lindholm is more of a fit in NSH and while Barkov is probably BPA, it's pretty close. Gonna be a wash I think.
With Poile, you could be 100% right, but we need some offense. Forsberg is hardly a "typical Predator" either. I think we're changing directions a bit.

Old
05-01-2013, 06:42 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Would rather take Shinkaruk over Pulock for Dallas, but I wouldn't really complain much either.

Love Theodore to Philly - very gutsy. I've got a couple picks in my upcoming mock that'll infuriate a couple fanbases as well.

Have to disagree on Lindholm and Barkov being a wash. Barkov is #3 for me personally, ahead of Drouin. That said, I could see him dropping to 5 or 6, but it'd really surprise me. He's gonna be something special.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
To me, it's between Lindholm and Barkov for Nashville. Barkov is the better player in my opinion, but something about Lindholm just screams Predator to me. It was the hardest decision of the mock for me.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
To me, it's between Lindholm and Barkov for Nashville. Barkov is the better player in my opinion, but something about Lindholm just screams Predator to me. It was the hardest decision of the mock for me.
In the past, I think they take Lindholm, but I honestly think (and hope) Poile realizes it's time for a new direction.

Rumor from a VERY unreliable source (a guy on the preds board said a buddy of his with connections told him) that Barkov is #2 on the Preds draft board.