HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Tailgating question

Old
05-01-2013, 05:58 PM
John127

vCash: 500
Tailgating question

Hi all,

Will be tailgating for the first time on Sunday, with my kids, and have a question about where to park. Is there a place I can park where they can safely knock a puck around close to the car? I'm thinking that strip alongside the hotel maybe? Is there an open space near there closed to traffic?

Any ideas are appreciated...and if anyone with kids wants to meet up super early so the kids can play, I have extra sticks and small goals!

Thanks,
John

Last edited by John127: 05-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.
John127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 06:10 PM
lorwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by John127 View Post
Hi all,

Will be tailgating for the first time with my kids and have a question about where to park. Is there a place I can park where they can safely knock a puck around close to the car? I'm thinking that strip alongside the hotel maybe? Is there an open space near there closed to traffic?

Any ideas are appreciated...and if anyone with kids wants to meet up super early so the kids can play, I have extra sticks and small goals!

Thanks,
John
the strip by the hotel would be good but i would bet that area wil fill up fast so get there early.

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 06:10 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by John127 View Post
Hi all,

Will be tailgating for the first time with my kids and have a question about where to park. Is there a place I can park where they can safely knock a puck around close to the car? I'm thinking that strip alongside the hotel maybe? Is there an open space near there closed to traffic?

Thanks,
John
The area by the Marriott you speak of actually gets pretty packed with rowdy tailgaters pretty early (I'm one of them ) However, if you go to one of the corners of the parking lots, there is generally a lot less cars parked there and you don't have to worry about a high volume of cars driving by and interfering with your game/endangering your children. Good luck!

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 05:41 AM
John127

Thanks. A little less excited after last night though...ugh.

John127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Bones45

The entire parking lot will be filled with isles fans shooting pucks/baseballs/footballs, etc.. no need to worry about that. security is non-existent.

The space near the hotel, actually has alot of people and decent traffic, so maybe that isn't the best place.

I would go in through the hempstead turnpike entrance.. make a left. .and look for some nice clean pavement...

Myself? Ill be hanging in the sun, with some breakfast and bloody marys, just enjoying the fact that the Isles have playoff hockey.

(avoiding the painful thought of being swept )

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote