HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 1 | NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | May 1 | 7:30pm | PART II | L 5-0

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2013, 09:38 PM
bigd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post
Did Hickey play decently? Not a surprising result considering the team your playing, and the amount of playoff expererience. It can't get much worse.
The only D-man that played well tonight was Hamonic. The rest were overmatched. Streit and Amac got turned around a few times and Hickey and Visnovski were manhandled. Strait was ok but the penalty right off the bat hurt. Goaltending $ucked tonight and our first line was on vacation.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:40 PM
bigtim1988
veteran user.

i dont know what it was about this game, but the islanders played pittsburg like they were scared of them; scared of hitting them too hard, scared of getting too physical along the boards, it was like they knew the consequences if they went all out, and didnt wanna deal with them

Old
cjdv16

Someone should take the stick out of Dan Bylsma's ass and remind him that my Aunt Tilly could stand behind the bench and coach the Pens to a President's Trophy.

Stand tall you stiff.

Old
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
All that means is Boulton and Carkner will be in next game
Big mistake!

Old
05-01-2013, 09:41 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
The only D-man that played well tonight was Hamonic. The rest were overmatched. Streit and Amac got turned around a few times and Hickey and Visnovski were manhandled. Strait was ok but the penalty right off the bat hurt. Goaltending $ucked tonight and our first line was on vacation.
That guy was the biggest pylon out there.

I want him, his goofy face, and his crap playoffs beard in the press box. Said it 3 games ago. And he looked his worst tonight.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander Prophet View Post
This game was so predictable. I saw this coming as soon as we played that game in Carolina, this team became so sloppy once we clinched its like the season was over. Making the playoffs was so much of the ONLY important goal that this stopped working for anything more than this. Anybody that didn't see this in the last 3 games of our season is flat our delusional.

The mentality of this whole organization (and way too many fans unfortunately) is simply to make the playoffs instead of pushing to win every single game. That's the difference between us and the teams that continued to win all along the season and the playoffs.

Hopefully we bounce back in game 2, but this team will need a major wake-up call if we want to compete in this series because right now we just look like a bunch of kids on their first day in high school.

I just don't want to see this team become a joke again and it's looking like that right now, the whole league is laughing at us and just confirming their initial beliefs that we don't belong here. This alone should motivate the players like crazy but clearly it doesn't and that is REALLY sad
I disagree. This is a team that came into this game not knowing what playoff hockey is about. They thought they were playing playoff hockey this past month, but they severely underestimated the intensity level that they were walking into. About 90% of this roster has zero playoff experience, and it showed.

IMO the greater concern will be if they look this flat and tentative in Game 2. They need to use this as a learning experience, plain and simple. Come back on Friday knowing that this is do or die, and that in order to have any shot they will need to give it their all each and every shift.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
JTROCKS

Stan right on the money !!!!

Old
05-01-2013, 09:44 PM
SouthShore91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepFO4psgKE This is the only reaction I have after tonight

Old
05-01-2013, 09:44 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
I hate the message Cappy sends to his players. Joensuu Martin and Cizikas busted their ***** trying to get this team into the playoffs and they finally get there. What does Cappy do bench Joensuu, who deserved to be in there tonight for Reasoner.

So work hard out there guys, and when we reach our goals you'll be replaced by Reasoner. It's terrible coaching. He did the same thing with Ullstrom earlier in the season.
Joensuu did what now?

Old
05-01-2013, 09:45 PM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Between JR Smith and Brian Strait, there's lots of NY fans wanting to slap 2 guys for single handedly sealing the fate of their teams.

(At least I'm a C's fan.)
I can't believe all the fans blaming Strait for this game. The whole team $ucked tonight. JT had 0 shots on net. Nabby was shaky right after the puck to the head. Poulin let up a real soft goal.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:46 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I disagree. This is a team that came into this game not knowing what playoff hockey is about. They thought they were playing playoff hockey this past month, but they severely underestimated the intensity level that they were walking into. About 90% of this roster has zero playoff experience, and it showed.

IMO the greater concern will be if they look this flat and tentative in Game 2. They need to use this as a learning experience, plain and simple. Come back on Friday knowing that this is do or die, and that in order to have any shot they will need to give it their all each and every shift.
Nailed it. Nothing more needs to be said. To a man, They thought they had been playing playoff hockey.... They had NO Idea what they were in for and the got embarrassed.

Falls on the coaches, obviously they don't have experience either, but Bylsma really took Capuano to the woodshed. Of course he has the horses, but they were a team that was prepared and knew what to expect in the moment and what to expect from their opponent. We had NO CLUE on either count.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:50 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post

Pretty much sums it up. Learn from this game, put it behind them, and get ready for Game 2.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:51 PM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

lets just hope reasoner is suspended (which we won't be)

since we can basically throw out that capuano will actually stay with the line changes, i want ullstrom in for reasoner and martinek/carkner in for strait..

i hate carkner but we got so physically overmatched its ridiculous

Old
05-01-2013, 09:52 PM
bigtim1988
veteran user.

jesus christ, matt martin (mod edit)

he took a beating out there

Last edited by Isles Junkie: 05-01-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: we don't need those references. thanks
Old
05-01-2013, 09:53 PM
WHARF1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
lets just hope reasoner is suspended (which we won't be)

since we can basically throw out that capuano will actually stay with the line changes, i want ullstrom in for reasoner and martinek/carkner in for strait..

I hate carkner but we got so physically overmatched its ridiculous
radek

Old
05-01-2013, 09:54 PM
KyleBailey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Joensuu did what now?
I'm not saying he's the best player on that line or anything like that. I just don't agree with sitting a guy who put his ass on the line every shift, play hard and get to the dirty areas; all while Reasoner sits in the press conference not deserving any of his playing time.

I'd take Joensuu twelve times out of ten over Reasoner.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:54 PM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

i get the feeling that stan fischler really loves the isles team this year...

Old
05-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Volek25

Send a message via AIM to Volek25
Christ, Peter ruttgaizer should go work on the pens broadcast the way he's creaming over these guys. We just got annihilated guy we don't need to hear u pump the pens tires on the post game too!

Old
05-01-2013, 09:57 PM
cjdv16

Anyone else want to call Peter Putzgazer on his bull ****?

Yeah, right. He watched Kris Letang with Val d'our.

That joker nary watched a hockey game before this gig. He can barely pronounce these guys names no less have traveled deep into Canada to watch junior prospects.

Try again Peter.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Isles Junkie

well i'm going to bed. play nice.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:59 PM
goalsniper91

who's watching islanders rewind?!

Old
05-01-2013, 10:00 PM
cjdv16

Mark Eaton.

If there's any Penguin I'd like to see absolutely creamed, it's that pylon.

Ray Shero: "Mark -- we need someone to stand out there in the middle of the d-zone, not move, and simply give our dmen 9 minutes of rest on the bench. We can't pay you, so you'll have to pay us. Unfortunately, the bum who hangs outside the steel mill turned us down as he wanted a signing bonus. You up for the gig?"

Mark Eaton: "Can I wear my skates?"

Ray Shero: "Wear roller skates for all I care."

Mark Eaton "Sign me up."

Old
05-01-2013, 10:00 PM
KyleBailey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Junkie View Post
Right behind you.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:02 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalsniper91 View Post
who's watching islanders rewind?!
As Butch said..... Al Arbour would roll over in his grave if he saw that game. (And if he weren't still alive, living in South Florida).

I'm going to do what Al's probably doing.... passing on that replay.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:02 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Junkie View Post
Same here.

Going to dream about the Islanders finding their lost testicles.

Closed Thread