HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Andrew Ebbett - The Little Engine That Couldn't

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2013, 07:25 PM
  #51
NugentHopkinsfan
Registered User
 
NugentHopkinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,087
vCash: 500
It is a joke that he is playing, a total and complete joke. First shift out there is gets thrown into the freaking bench... he brings nothing to the team, no physical play, no offence, nothing... Our center depth is awful.... or is it our winger depth, one of them is depending on what position Roy is playing.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:34 PM
  #52
racerjoe
Registered User
 
racerjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Yea sure Schroeder hits like a truck, and boy dose he bring the offence...



... cept when Schroeder was on the 4th line every one cried that it was imposible to generate offence with those line mates.



Though we should stack 3 lines of offence and have a "goon line" on the forth
No one here is saying he should be racking up points, they are saying he is a terrible fit on the fourth line. Much like Schreoder was, however JS would be a huge step up, as he brings a lot more.

For the lines, I am assuming JS is hurt at this point, and if we are balancing our lines I would like to see something like this.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:47 PM
  #53
King of the ES*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
No one here is saying he should be racking up points, they are saying he is a terrible fit on the fourth line. Much like Schreoder was, however JS would be a huge step up, as he brings a lot more.
What more does he bring? How would Schroeder be such an improvement over Ebbett on the 4th line?

He wouldn't, and it's total nonsense to think that he'd have any larger of an impact. Schroeder was totally and completely invisible for the bulk of his time on the Canucks when he was in a bottom-six role. Ebbett is not a bottom-six player, either, but who should go in instead? Sestito? Maybe, but is it an upgrade?

Ebbett can and should be tried on the PP if it continues to falter. He was once a very productive PP player on Anaheim, and it's worth a try if guys like the Sedin's, Kesler, and Burrows continue to play like it's a pre-season game.

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:48 PM
  #54
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,291
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
No one here is saying he should be racking up points, they are saying he is a terrible fit on the fourth line. Much like Schreoder was, however JS would be a huge step up, as he brings a lot more.

For the lines, I am assuming JS is hurt at this point, and if we are balancing our lines I would like to see something like this.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner
I don't want to see a balance like that. This team doesn't have enough talent to score, so spreading the offense like that isn't going to work. We need to essentially load up 2 lines with our top forwards, and put Lapierre on our 3rd line and use our 4th VERY sparingly.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 08:44 PM
  #55
jigsaw99
Registered User
 
jigsaw99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
What more does he bring? How would Schroeder be such an improvement over Ebbett on the 4th line?

He wouldn't, and it's total nonsense to think that he'd have any larger of an impact. Schroeder was totally and completely invisible for the bulk of his time on the Canucks when he was in a bottom-six role. Ebbett is not a bottom-six player, either, but who should go in instead? Sestito? Maybe, but is it an upgrade?

Ebbett can and should be tried on the PP if it continues to falter. He was once a very productive PP player on Anaheim, and it's worth a try if guys like the Sedin's, Kesler, and Burrows continue to play like it's a pre-season game.
OMG. . you are seriously suggesting putting Ebbett on the PP?? You do know when Ebbett was a productive player like 5 years ago right? he's not the same player anymore and he won't get Perry and Getzlaf playing with him. Seisto at least brings more toughness than Ebbett and won't get hit into the bench. It's not like 4th line can generate any offensive with Ebbett there anyways. Schreoder has better offensive speed and defensive play than Ebbett. Also, Schroeder on the PP makes way more sense than Ebbett.

jigsaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:04 PM
  #56
King of the ES*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
OMG. . you are seriously suggesting putting Ebbett on the PP?? You do know when Ebbett was a productive player like 5 years ago right? he's not the same player anymore and he won't get Perry and Getzlaf playing with him. Seisto at least brings more toughness than Ebbett and won't get hit into the bench. It's not like 4th line can generate any offensive with Ebbett there anyways. Schreoder has better offensive speed and defensive play than Ebbett. Also, Schroeder on the PP makes way more sense than Ebbett.
First of all, Ebbett's 29 years old. He's not 37. "Not the same player anymore"? All I brought up was the fact that he had one very productive PP year in Anaheim, which he did. If our guys aren't getting it done, I wouldn't be opposed with putting him out there. You need to realize that we're now basically in desperation mode. A loss tomorrow night would likely signal the end of the season. We don't really have the luxury to wait for our "stars" to get their act together.

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:06 PM
  #57
moog35
Registered User
 
moog35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
What more does he bring? How would Schroeder be such an improvement over Ebbett on the 4th line?

He wouldn't, and it's total nonsense to think that he'd have any larger of an impact. Schroeder was totally and completely invisible for the bulk of his time on the Canucks when he was in a bottom-six role. Ebbett is not a bottom-six player, either, but who should go in instead? Sestito? Maybe, but is it an upgrade?

Ebbett can and should be tried on the PP if it continues to falter. He was once a very productive PP player on Anaheim, and it's worth a try if guys like the Sedin's, Kesler, and Burrows continue to play like it's a pre-season game.
Ya and Cam Barker was once a very productive PP player on Chicago

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
  #58
jigsaw99
Registered User
 
jigsaw99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
First of all, Ebbett's 29 years old. He's not 37. "Not the same player anymore"? All I brought up was the fact that he had one very productive PP year in Anaheim, which he did. If our guys aren't getting it done, I wouldn't be opposed with putting him out there. You need to realize that we're now basically in desperation mode. A loss tomorrow night would likely signal the end of the season. We don't really have the luxury to wait for our "stars" to get their act together.
Desperation mode does not mean you do something stupid as putting Ebbett on the PP lol. That's suicide mode.

jigsaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:20 PM
  #59
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,291
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
What more does he bring? How would Schroeder be such an improvement over Ebbett on the 4th line?

He wouldn't, and it's total nonsense to think that he'd have any larger of an impact. Schroeder was totally and completely invisible for the bulk of his time on the Canucks when he was in a bottom-six role. Ebbett is not a bottom-six player, either, but who should go in instead? Sestito? Maybe, but is it an upgrade?

Ebbett can and should be tried on the PP if it continues to falter. He was once a very productive PP player on Anaheim, and it's worth a try if guys like the Sedin's, Kesler, and Burrows continue to play like it's a pre-season game.
Jordan Schroeder should go in instead.

Why in the blue hell would we try Ebbett on the PP??? The guy isn't an NHL player and doesn't even belong on Rogers Arena ice, let alone on the PP.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:26 PM
  #60
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Jordan Schroeder should go in instead.

Why in the blue hell would we try Ebbett on the PP??? The guy isn't an NHL player and doesn't even belong on Rogers Arena ice, let alone on the PP.
No doubt. I'd even put Burrows back at C if it meant the end of this guy, he adds nothing.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #61
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
No one here is saying he should be racking up points, they are saying he is a terrible fit on the fourth line. Much like Schreoder was, however JS would be a huge step up, as he brings a lot more.

For the lines, I am assuming JS is hurt at this point, and if we are balancing our lines I would like to see something like this.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner
If you read the post I quoted, he said that since Ebbitt only had 1 hit and 1 shot on the 4th line, and we should play Schroeder instead, so my post holds up.

If we put Schroeder on the 4th line, the same thing happens, like it did earlier in the year, the difference is people will cry he is not given a fair chance to succeed.

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:45 PM
  #62
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
If you read the post I quoted, he said that since Ebbitt only had 1 hit and 1 shot on the 4th line, and we should play Schroeder instead, so my post holds up.

If we put Schroeder on the 4th line, the same thing happens, like it did earlier in the year, the difference is people will cry he is not given a fair chance to succeed.
Put Lapierre on the 4th line... Play Schroeder with Raymond and Hansen where he was great.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:49 PM
  #63
King of the ES*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Why in the blue hell would we try Ebbett on the PP??? The guy isn't an NHL player and doesn't even belong on Rogers Arena ice, let alone on the PP.
I'm not suggesting that we try it, I'm just saying that it wouldn't bother me. If the Sedin's, Burrows, Roy, and Kesler continue to float around and add zero value in G2 like they did in G1, and if the PP's as ineffective as it was last night, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Due to last night's no-show, there's not really time to baby our stars and work them through their PP problems. Get someone else in there if they can't perform under pressure.

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:57 PM
  #64
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Put Lapierre on the 4th line... Play Schroeder with Raymond and Hansen where he was great.
Yea, if he was not injured, but I am not as high on Schroeder as most, I would look at other options.

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:59 PM
  #65
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,777
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
First of all, Ebbett's 29 years old. He's not 37. "Not the same player anymore"? All I brought up was the fact that he had one very productive PP year in Anaheim, which he did. If our guys aren't getting it done, I wouldn't be opposed with putting him out there. You need to realize that we're now basically in desperation mode. A loss tomorrow night would likely signal the end of the season. We don't really have the luxury to wait for our "stars" to get their act together.
out of all of the things you possibly could of suggested, you decide to say to put Andrew ****ing Ebbett on the power play

ridiculous

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:03 PM
  #66
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Yea, if he was not injured, but I am not as high on Schroeder as most, I would look at other options.
Gaunce or Lain would probably be next then.

I wouldn't mind checking out Lain. Worst case scenario you have a 6'6 plug at center on the 4th line that wins face-offs.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
  #67
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...
 
Jack Tripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
First of all, Ebbett's 29 years old. He's not 37. "Not the same player anymore"? All I brought up was the fact that he had one very productive PP year in Anaheim, which he did. If our guys aren't getting it done, I wouldn't be opposed with putting him out there. You need to realize that we're now basically in desperation mode. A loss tomorrow night would likely signal the end of the season. We don't really have the luxury to wait for our "stars" to get their act together.

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:24 PM
  #68
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
I find it funny we all want to blame Ebbett for the rest of the team sucking. Especially #22 and #33.

Ebbett is not the problem.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:28 PM
  #69
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0
 
RandV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,264
vCash: 50
I believe in Andrew Ebbett, and will predict that when the Canucks win this series he will be a key part of the victory!

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:29 PM
  #70
jigsaw99
Registered User
 
jigsaw99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
I'm not suggesting that we try it, I'm just saying that it wouldn't bother me. If the Sedin's, Burrows, Roy, and Kesler continue to float around and add zero value in G2 like they did in G1, and if the PP's as ineffective as it was last night, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Due to last night's no-show, there's not really time to baby our stars and work them through their PP problems. Get someone else in there if they can't perform under pressure.

jigsaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:32 PM
  #71
King of the ES*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
What's so funny about that?

A guy can only hear so many hundreds of variations of Kesler excuses.

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:50 PM
  #72
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...
 
Jack Tripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
What's so funny about that?

A guy can only hear so many hundreds of variations of Kesler excuses.
you're suggesting replacing kesler on the pp with ebbett...i really don't know how else to react to that other than with an appropriate nic cage gif

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:06 AM
  #73
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Gaunce or Lain would probably be next then.

I wouldn't mind checking out Lain. Worst case scenario you have a 6'6 plug at center on the 4th line that wins face-offs.
Yea Im leaning toward that sort of option, Just have some big guys down there to Bang bodies and give energy, then shorten the bench in the 3rd, there is just no point in having small guys on the 4th, also would like to see what happens without Raymond in the line up, While Im at it I also would like to see Kesler used like Ovi, with less of a shot but also back checks.

This was an idea I posted in the PGT

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows/Kassian
Kesler, Roy, Higgins
Hansen, Lappy, Burrows/Kassian
Weise, Mallet, Pinner/Sesito/Archibald

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:57 AM
  #74
SonicY
Ad hominem
 
SonicY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Posts: 2,799
vCash: 500
I have been saying since day-freaking-one when he was our second line centre. He is 100% manure. And he isn't the kind of player you want on your fourth line, either. Your fourth line should have Sestito/Lappy types. Remember Boston's in 2011? Paille/Campbell/Thornton. Heart and soul bruisers who punish on the forecheck and grind out shots on goal. Not 5'9" journeyman centres with hands that make Hansen look like Jagr

SonicY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
  #75
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan
 
EpochLink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,502
vCash: 500
AV needs his Rome, we found it.

Another reason why I loathe AV

EpochLink is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.