HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Andrew Ebbett - The Little Engine That Couldn't

Old
05-02-2013, 07:25 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

vCash: 500
It is a joke that he is playing, a total and complete joke. First shift out there is gets thrown into the freaking bench... he brings nothing to the team, no physical play, no offence, nothing... Our center depth is awful.... or is it our winger depth, one of them is depending on what position Roy is playing.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:34 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Yea sure Schroeder hits like a truck, and boy dose he bring the offence...

... cept when Schroeder was on the 4th line every one cried that it was imposible to generate offence with those line mates.

Though we should stack 3 lines of offence and have a "goon line" on the forth
No one here is saying he should be racking up points, they are saying he is a terrible fit on the fourth line. Much like Schreoder was, however JS would be a huge step up, as he brings a lot more.

For the lines, I am assuming JS is hurt at this point, and if we are balancing our lines I would like to see something like this.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:47 PM
King of the ES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
No one here is saying he should be racking up points, they are saying he is a terrible fit on the fourth line. Much like Schreoder was, however JS would be a huge step up, as he brings a lot more.
What more does he bring? How would Schroeder be such an improvement over Ebbett on the 4th line?

He wouldn't, and it's total nonsense to think that he'd have any larger of an impact. Schroeder was totally and completely invisible for the bulk of his time on the Canucks when he was in a bottom-six role. Ebbett is not a bottom-six player, either, but who should go in instead? Sestito? Maybe, but is it an upgrade?

Ebbett can and should be tried on the PP if it continues to falter. He was once a very productive PP player on Anaheim, and it's worth a try if guys like the Sedin's, Kesler, and Burrows continue to play like it's a pre-season game.

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 07:48 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

For the lines, I am assuming JS is hurt at this point, and if we are balancing our lines I would like to see something like this.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner
I don't want to see a balance like that. This team doesn't have enough talent to score, so spreading the offense like that isn't going to work. We need to essentially load up 2 lines with our top forwards, and put Lapierre on our 3rd line and use our 4th VERY sparingly.

05-02-2013, 08:44 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
What more does he bring? How would Schroeder be such an improvement over Ebbett on the 4th line?

He wouldn't, and it's total nonsense to think that he'd have any larger of an impact. Schroeder was totally and completely invisible for the bulk of his time on the Canucks when he was in a bottom-six role. Ebbett is not a bottom-six player, either, but who should go in instead? Sestito? Maybe, but is it an upgrade?

Ebbett can and should be tried on the PP if it continues to falter. He was once a very productive PP player on Anaheim, and it's worth a try if guys like the Sedin's, Kesler, and Burrows continue to play like it's a pre-season game.
OMG. . you are seriously suggesting putting Ebbett on the PP?? You do know when Ebbett was a productive player like 5 years ago right? he's not the same player anymore and he won't get Perry and Getzlaf playing with him. Seisto at least brings more toughness than Ebbett and won't get hit into the bench. It's not like 4th line can generate any offensive with Ebbett there anyways. Schreoder has better offensive speed and defensive play than Ebbett. Also, Schroeder on the PP makes way more sense than Ebbett.

jigsaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:04 PM
King of the ES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
OMG. . you are seriously suggesting putting Ebbett on the PP?? You do know when Ebbett was a productive player like 5 years ago right? he's not the same player anymore and he won't get Perry and Getzlaf playing with him. Seisto at least brings more toughness than Ebbett and won't get hit into the bench. It's not like 4th line can generate any offensive with Ebbett there anyways. Schreoder has better offensive speed and defensive play than Ebbett. Also, Schroeder on the PP makes way more sense than Ebbett.
First of all, Ebbett's 29 years old. He's not 37. "Not the same player anymore"? All I brought up was the fact that he had one very productive PP year in Anaheim, which he did. If our guys aren't getting it done, I wouldn't be opposed with putting him out there. You need to realize that we're now basically in desperation mode. A loss tomorrow night would likely signal the end of the season. We don't really have the luxury to wait for our "stars" to get their act together.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:06 PM
moog35

Quote:

Ya and Cam Barker was once a very productive PP player on Chicago

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
First of all, Ebbett's 29 years old. He's not 37. "Not the same player anymore"? All I brought up was the fact that he had one very productive PP year in Anaheim, which he did. If our guys aren't getting it done, I wouldn't be opposed with putting him out there. You need to realize that we're now basically in desperation mode. A loss tomorrow night would likely signal the end of the season. We don't really have the luxury to wait for our "stars" to get their act together.
Desperation mode does not mean you do something stupid as putting Ebbett on the PP lol. That's suicide mode.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:20 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

Jordan Schroeder should go in instead.

Why in the blue hell would we try Ebbett on the PP??? The guy isn't an NHL player and doesn't even belong on Rogers Arena ice, let alone on the PP.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:26 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Jordan Schroeder should go in instead.

Why in the blue hell would we try Ebbett on the PP??? The guy isn't an NHL player and doesn't even belong on Rogers Arena ice, let alone on the PP.
No doubt. I'd even put Burrows back at C if it meant the end of this guy, he adds nothing.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Raymond Roy Higgins
Weise Lappy Pinner
If you read the post I quoted, he said that since Ebbitt only had 1 hit and 1 shot on the 4th line, and we should play Schroeder instead, so my post holds up.

If we put Schroeder on the 4th line, the same thing happens, like it did earlier in the year, the difference is people will cry he is not given a fair chance to succeed.

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:45 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
If you read the post I quoted, he said that since Ebbitt only had 1 hit and 1 shot on the 4th line, and we should play Schroeder instead, so my post holds up.

If we put Schroeder on the 4th line, the same thing happens, like it did earlier in the year, the difference is people will cry he is not given a fair chance to succeed.
Put Lapierre on the 4th line... Play Schroeder with Raymond and Hansen where he was great.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:49 PM
King of the ES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I'm not suggesting that we try it, I'm just saying that it wouldn't bother me. If the Sedin's, Burrows, Roy, and Kesler continue to float around and add zero value in G2 like they did in G1, and if the PP's as ineffective as it was last night, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Due to last night's no-show, there's not really time to baby our stars and work them through their PP problems. Get someone else in there if they can't perform under pressure.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Put Lapierre on the 4th line... Play Schroeder with Raymond and Hansen where he was great.
Yea, if he was not injured, but I am not as high on Schroeder as most, I would look at other options.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:59 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
out of all of the things you possibly could of suggested, you decide to say to put Andrew ****ing Ebbett on the power play

ridiculous

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:03 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Yea, if he was not injured, but I am not as high on Schroeder as most, I would look at other options.
Gaunce or Lain would probably be next then.

I wouldn't mind checking out Lain. Worst case scenario you have a 6'6 plug at center on the 4th line that wins face-offs.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
Quote:

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:24 PM
arsmaster

I find it funny we all want to blame Ebbett for the rest of the team sucking. Especially #22 and #33.

Ebbett is not the problem.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:28 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
I believe in Andrew Ebbett, and will predict that when the Canucks win this series he will be a key part of the victory!

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 10:29 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
I'm not suggesting that we try it, I'm just saying that it wouldn't bother me. If the Sedin's, Burrows, Roy, and Kesler continue to float around and add zero value in G2 like they did in G1, and if the PP's as ineffective as it was last night, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Due to last night's no-show, there's not really time to baby our stars and work them through their PP problems. Get someone else in there if they can't perform under pressure.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:32 PM
King of the ES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
What's so funny about that?

A guy can only hear so many hundreds of variations of Kesler excuses.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
Quote:
What's so funny about that?

A guy can only hear so many hundreds of variations of Kesler excuses.
you're suggesting replacing kesler on the pp with ebbett...i really don't know how else to react to that other than with an appropriate nic cage gif

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Gaunce or Lain would probably be next then.

I wouldn't mind checking out Lain. Worst case scenario you have a 6'6 plug at center on the 4th line that wins face-offs.
Yea Im leaning toward that sort of option, Just have some big guys down there to Bang bodies and give energy, then shorten the bench in the 3rd, there is just no point in having small guys on the 4th, also would like to see what happens without Raymond in the line up, While Im at it I also would like to see Kesler used like Ovi, with less of a shot but also back checks.

This was an idea I posted in the PGT

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows/Kassian
Kesler, Roy, Higgins
Hansen, Lappy, Burrows/Kassian
Weise, Mallet, Pinner/Sesito/Archibald

Old
05-03-2013, 12:57 AM
SonicY
Ad hominem

I have been saying since day-freaking-one when he was our second line centre. He is 100% manure. And he isn't the kind of player you want on your fourth line, either. Your fourth line should have Sestito/Lappy types. Remember Boston's in 2011? Paille/Campbell/Thornton. Heart and soul bruisers who punish on the forecheck and grind out shots on goal. Not 5'9" journeyman centres with hands that make Hansen look like Jagr

SonicY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:03 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

AV needs his Rome, we found it.

Another reason why I loathe AV

EpochLink is online now   Reply With Quote