Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brandon vs Kelowna

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2005, 09:55 AM
sbtatter

vCash: 500
Watched it on TV...

Thought Fehr actually showed the most effort and desire last night than in any other playoff game. Thought Yeomans was a wall, and Plante fought the puck. Brandon had their moments, but overall Kelowna were well worth their victory. It was so quiet in that building I wasn't sure if there were any fans there. Ofukany and Reaves seemed to be the big hitters last nighr, and Later was certainly the agitator, plus he had 2 one on ones with Yeomans....Monych was levelled by someone behind the net, who was that? Reaves cranked a guy just before he got a shot on net, nice! I'm surprised Brandon weren't more physical, Kelowna look more like the Hitmen than the Raiders in terms of toughness, but they make up for that in smartness and work rate. I didn't see anything last night that would change my prediction of Kelowna in 5 or 6 against my Wheaties. Maybe Brandon were still feeling the effects pf the 20 hour bus ride which started 3 hours after their game 7 victory, why didn't they fly out there? Maybe Yeomans will be hurt, in which case the series could turn in a hurry. Kelowna penalty kill more like the Hitmen, pressure Brandon which I think is more effective.... I didn't notice Sindell out there at all, Day looked horrible, Comeau looked fast, and that Darzins looked like a bigger version of Pushkarov.
Interesting game coming up tonight...

Old
05-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Ogopogo*

Still say Kelowna in 5. After watching last night, I am convinced this series will end in Brandon. The Wheat Kings just had no answer to the Rockets. They looked frustrated and helpless.

Old
05-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
The Kelowna Rockets had a 1.77 domination rating during the regular season. The Brandon Wheat Kings had a 1.44 domination rating.

During the playoffs, the teams have the exact same rating of 1.58.

So, Kelowna's overall domination rating for this season of 3.35 is ahead of Brandon's 3.02.

I have to stick with Kelowna in 5 games as my pick to win it all.

*Domination rating is: Winning% + (GF-GA)/GP

I snagged a ticket (standing room) to game 2. Should be great!
is this a stat you just decided to make up? why have i never seen it before....and do you realize how useless of a stat it is ? quite a different game in the dub than in the Q....they hit with bodies in the dub and purses in the Q....makes a difference

Old
05-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
is this a stat you just decided to make up? why have i never seen it before....and do you realize how useless of a stat it is ? quite a different game in the dub than in the Q....they hit with bodies in the dub and purses in the Q....makes a difference
Dude, who said anything about the Q?

This stat compares the dominance of teams within the same league.

Before you spew out criticism, why not actually read the post?

Old
05-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Well was gonna post right after game but got sidetracked so Ill post now just before game 2... Being at the game last night and nearly every Rocket game since they arrived in here, Brandon, IMO, was not even in the same game... They (Brandon) had a few chances but we (Kelowna) hit 3 posts in the first period and for the forechecking killed Brandon... (Game easly could have been 3 or 4 nothin after 1)...

For a team with the "best" O in the WHL they showed very little... People tend to forget that as good of a D that Kelowna has they still are near the top of the league on Offence... Fehr and his line, imo, was nearly invisable with only a couple chances...

If Brandon does not figure out a way to break Kelownas D this is going to be a short series... Brandon is the bigger team, but the best hits were made by Rockets... Perhaps they are tired but that is no excuse in the WHL finals...

Im not going to make any big predictions, but if Brandon does not step up to Kelownas level it will be very short series with Kelowna on their way to thier 3rd staright cup...

My only worry is Yeomans got run at the end of the game and looked quite hurt...

Think about it people as well, other then the meltdown (bad goals in the Everett series last year when up 3-1) that Kelowna has lost 4 out of 7 and now 4 out of 6... I would guess not more than once in the last 3 years...

Old
05-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinghorse
Well was gonna post right after game but got sidetracked so Ill post now just before game 2... Being at the game last night and nearly every Rocket game since they arrived in here, Brandon, IMO, was not even in the same game... They (Brandon) had a few chances but we (Kelowna) hit 3 posts in the first period and for the forechecking killed Brandon... (Game easly could have been 3 or 4 nothin after 1)...

For a team with the "best" O in the WHL they showed very little... People tend to forget that as good of a D that Kelowna has they still are near the top of the league on Offence... Fehr and his line, imo, was nearly invisable with only a couple chances...

If Brandon does not figure out a way to break Kelownas D this is going to be a short series... Brandon is the bigger team, but the best hits were made by Rockets... Perhaps they are tired but that is no excuse in the WHL finals...

Im not going to make any big predictions, but if Brandon does not step up to Kelownas level it will be very short series with Kelowna on their way to thier 3rd staright cup...

My only worry is Yeomans got run at the end of the game and looked quite hurt...

Think about it people as well, other then the meltdown (bad goals in the Everett series last year when up 3-1) that Kelowna has lost 4 out of 7 and now 4 out of 6... I would guess not more than once in the last 3 years...
Kelowna hit 2 posts....in total not in the first....one was in the first and Weber hit one i believe in the 2nd.....Brandon played a horrible game agreed.....but very easily could have been right in the game....monych scored 1 second after the buzzer went in the first....brandon had plenty of offensive chances in the last half of the first and in the third....they were just a bit "off" last night....also there was one point the ref blew the whistle to early and another BDN goal didnt count.

Later made 2 or 3 awesome rushes last night where he easily could have put the puck in but there were great saves or he just missed the net.

Should be a different much better game tonight hopefully.

Old
05-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

1-0 on the second Kelowna shot

Tyler Spurgeon from Troy Bodie

Old
05-07-2005, 10:22 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
1-0 on the second Kelowna shot

Tyler Spurgeon from Troy Bodie
No Yeomans.....that hurts my fantasy draft team!!

Old
05-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Nazzy-19

Westbloom looked solid during the first. His first save of the game was a big one, then he looked good during Brandon's pp. Not letting out any rebounds. I feel pretty comfortable with him in net. (granted i would rather Yeomens). Westbloom played pretty well all season 12-2-4 4SO 1.81GA 0.919.

Old
05-07-2005, 10:52 PM
sbtatter

Terrible 1st period for the Wheaties..

Old
05-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
Terrible 1st period for the Wheaties..
they reap what they sow, when you run the opposing teams goalie, you SHOULD expect a better game from the opposing team

Old
05-07-2005, 11:24 PM
allin4466

brandon is playing god awful hockey. most dominating offense in the league and they have 5 shots with 7 minutes left in the second.

Old
05-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

2-0 Rockets - Tyler Mosienko from Blake Comeau and Troy Ofukany

Old
05-07-2005, 11:29 PM
allin4466

wow.. kelownas 3rd goal, where is brandons defense?

Old
05-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

3-1 Kelowna - Troy Bodie from Justin Keller and Tyler Mosienko

Old
05-07-2005, 11:38 PM
allin4466

how does fehr get a penalty there? hes going one way and the kelowna player stops right in front of him.. fehr tries to move away and the kelowna player crumbles when ERIC FEHR(the guy that couldnt hit his way out of a wet paper bag) knicks him

Old
05-08-2005, 12:11 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

people can talk all they want about london and rimouski...but neither team has had to play a team like kelowna, and i don't think you'll be seeing 9 goal parades by either team against the Rockets.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:33 AM
allin4466

im not making excuses, brandon has just sucked. but this is terrible officiating. How does ofukany not get a penalty after he hits plante, and then ERIC FEHR gets an instigating penalty.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Nazzy-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
im not making excuses, brandon has just sucked. but this is terrible officiating. How does ofukany not get a penalty after he hits plante, and then ERIC FEHR gets an instigating penalty.

I agree with you that Ofukany shoulda got a goalie interference penalty there, but most of Brandon's penalty's have been deserved. They played completely undisciplined. If it wasn't for Plante this game should have been like 9-1

Old
05-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

without a doubt......WORST OFFICIATING THAT IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE in tonights game.......wow Kelowna must absolutely love the reffing though....tough to lose when you have 12 power plays a game and the ref never sees the clutching and grabbing that your team does constantly.

Plante played awesome Wheat kings sucked in general. never realized how bad kelowna clutches and grabs till this game tis awful. newjerseydevils version 2.0

lmfao @ the homer broadcasting team for kelowna on shaw cable....hillarious how one minute they say oh there is a penalty coming for kelowna here for sure.....then the ref makes the call Brandon penalty only.......kelowna broadcast team "what a great call by this ref he really knows his stuff" LMFAO Hillarity ensues

Old
05-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
people can talk all they want about london and rimouski...but neither team has had to play a team like kelowna, and i don't think you'll be seeing 9 goal parades by either team against the Rockets.
you are correct....tough to score 9 goals with someone draped on your back the entire game!

Old
05-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Nazzy-19

Quote:
without a doubt......WORST OFFICIATING THAT IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE in tonights game.......wow Kelowna must absolutely love the reffing though....tough to lose when you have 12 power plays a game and the ref never sees the clutching and grabbing that your team does constantly.

Plante played awesome Wheat kings sucked in general. never realized how bad kelowna clutches and grabs till this game tis awful. newjerseydevils version 2.0

lmfao @ the homer broadcasting team for kelowna on shaw cable....hillarious how one minute they say oh there is a penalty coming for kelowna here for sure.....then the ref makes the call Brandon penalty only.......kelowna broadcast team "what a great call by this ref he really knows his stuff" LMFAO Hillarity ensues
They were talking in reference to the referee calling the penalty to the time keeper and telling him what goes on the board. They even said that they did not mean in how the penalties were assessed.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:48 AM
allin4466

well no, the announcers are saying one minute "Ofukany will definetely get the first penalty blah blah blah" then the next minute "great call by the officials there"

Old
05-08-2005, 12:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
you are correct....tough to score 9 goals with someone draped on your back the entire game!

no, that's okay. i already know you're a brandon fan.

you need not make ridiculous statements to prove it!

Old
05-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19
They were talking in reference to the referee calling the penalty to the time keeper and telling him what goes on the board. They even said that they did not mean in how the penalties were assessed.
garbage officiating, and that one point the announcer came across as an incredibly large idiot.....however that surely was not the only point all game they proved how awful they were.

Closed Thread