Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brandon vs Kelowna

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Youreallygotme

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=phaneuf_fan_3]
never realized how bad kelowna clutches and grabs till this game tis awful. newjerseydevils version 2.0
QUOTE]

Maybe I'm watching a different game Brandon is doind all the clutching and grabbing to try and hold kelownas explosive forwards. Seriously, this excuse is getting old.

About the officiating, it was one-sided tonight but it didnt affect the game because Kelowna was worse off on the PP anyways. Also Brandon has some major discipline(penalty taking) issues, as well as some others such as defense..

Rockets

Old
05-08-2005, 12:07 AM
allin4466

heres my idea, lets just sit webb, courchene, later for the rest of the postseason. Webb has been god awful, him not checking his man directed in 2 goals tonight.

courchene is just all around stupid.

later: yes hes a sparkplug, but he needs to keep his emotions in check.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
you are correct....tough to score 9 goals with someone draped on your back the entire game!

pathetic excuse. The Rockets keep on pouring on the offense but you cant seem to get your head past last years Rockets.(which I do remember to be quite good at clutching and grabbing I will admit)

Old
05-08-2005, 12:17 AM
allin4466

Kelownas forwards havent been so much explosive, as brandons have been lazy. Brandon just looks like they dont even want the puck, they are turning it over, making stupid plays, just playing hockey so un-brandon like.

Kelowna does do quite a bit of clutching and grabbing, but they play one hell of a team defense game. Heres what brandons lines SHOULD look like(ignore i said sit later)

Monych - Stone - Fehr -->offensive talent. Stone and fehr were really clicking at the start of the season
Later - Sindel - Konsorada --> good second line
leblanc - burki - reaves --> they HAVE to give these guys more ice time. with kelowna only playing their top two lines, these guys can wear them down.
topilko - sandell - moore -->a good fourth line that can put points up

Zulyniak - Day --> two fairly sound defensemen
Boyle - Lenoski --> both looked decent tonight
Yeo - Cann/Louis --> two big solid d-men that can muck it up

Whose Missing:
Webb -> bonehead, stupid penalties, gets caught flatfooted/out of position
courchene -> ^

Old
05-08-2005, 12:19 AM
sbtatter

The officiating wasn't the greatest tonight, but if they had been on Brandon's side instead of Kelowna's it would still have resulted in a loss for the Wheaties imo... Brandon aren't skating, passing or thinking. I grudgingly give the Rockets credit for shutting us down. Thank the lord for Plante tonight.....

Old
05-08-2005, 12:21 AM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
The officiating wasn't the greatest tonight, but if they had been on Brandon's side instead of Kelowna's it would still have resulted in a loss for the Wheaties imo... Brandon aren't skating, passing or thinking. I grudgingly give the Rockets credit for shutting us down. Thank the lord for Plante tonight.....
same boat as you buddy. kelowna has just been too much for the guys so far. But again, brandon needs to step up the play. they arent playing THEIR game out there

Old
05-08-2005, 12:28 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
same boat as you buddy. kelowna has just been too much for the guys so far. But again, brandon needs to step up the play. they arent playing THEIR game out there
It'll be good to go to the game on Tuesday and see the whole ice, rather than watching on TV. The only Wheatie who showed life tonight (apart from Plante) was Later, I thought Lenoski and Boyle played ok, Webb and Day looked terrible. Did Sindell even play? As the commo's said, Fehr can't go 3 games in a row without scoring, Monych scored but looked off, Reaves and Leblanc didn't hit and crash like they can, going to need a major turnaround to prolong this series....Kelowna look so disciplined and smart so far......see how they like it in Brandon next week...

Old
05-08-2005, 12:29 AM
allin4466

brandon should just serve free beer at the game, let the fans get stupid and into it.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:38 AM
macleafs

Brandon is already stupid!!

How did Brandon get this far, they are the most undisciplened team I have seen so far. Kootenay, Seattle and Vancouver are much better!!
Quote:
brandon should just serve free beer at the game, let the fans get stupid and into it.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:41 AM
allin4466

lol if youve seen any brandon games this year that are non-game 7, you'll notice you can hear a pin drop in the keystone. even if brandon is winning its deathly quiet in there. Fans dont do anything over the top, our mascot sucks, the announcer sucks, you never get any crowd reaction unless theirs a goal. That post was just meant as a joke(although i think ive had a dream about free beer before ).

Old
05-08-2005, 12:43 AM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleafs
How did Brandon get this far, they are the most undisciplened team I have seen so far. Kootenay, Seattle and Vancouver are much better!!
brandon got this far by coming through in the clutch, as well as a weak conference. I think brandon could have beat kootenay, seattle and vancouver tho. Kelownas probably one of the only teams that has been able to effectively shut brandons offense right down.
And why do you treat brandon like we fooled around with your sister and never called her back? you've just got a lot of hostility directed towards us it seems. every brandon related post you have made has been negative.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:44 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleafs
They can be very undisciplined, but some nights their offence can be unbelievable. It's not boring watching them anyway, been a great ride this season. I doubt that Seattle and Vancouver are better than them, but I think Kooteny might be!!

Old
05-08-2005, 12:49 AM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
They can be very undisciplined, but some nights their offence can be unbelievable. It's not boring watching them anyway, been a great ride this season. I doubt that Seattle and Vancouver are better than them, but I think Kooteny might be!!
It'd be really nice if brandon was in a conference where they had some competition, not the perennial bottom feeders of the WHL in regina, moose jaw, swift current etc, so that when they get to the playoffs, its not a huge change to be playing against a team that can play a defensive game.

Old
05-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

[QUOTE=nucks&flames]
Quote:
never realized how bad kelowna clutches and grabs till this game tis awful. newjerseydevils version 2.0
QUOTE]

Maybe I'm watching a different game Brandon is doind all the clutching and grabbing to try and hold kelownas explosive forwards. Seriously, this excuse is getting old.

About the officiating, it was one-sided tonight but it didnt affect the game because Kelowna was worse off on the PP anyways. Also Brandon has some major discipline(penalty taking) issues, as well as some others such as defense..

Rockets
LOL Kelowna's explosive forwards?????? sorry to ruin it for ya but the guys in black are from Brandon, they are the ones who have Fehr Monych Konsorada Sindel Stone.....they are the ones being held at every opportunity. Not the other way around.

Old
05-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Agreed......One thing that I hate about the Wheat Kings are the fans.....there are no fans that go all out and get into the games like other teams around........I was so impressed that 2 huge busloads of Prince Albert fans showed up in Brandon...all painted up and all wearing jerseys and making way more noise then the brandon fans......Man would it be nice to get some fans who put something into it.

Old
05-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Well I was right about Yeomans being hurt but it really is not going to matter if Brandon cant get any shots from anywhere but outside... ATM Brandon is not even in the same league as Kelowna... Either the other prairie teams are really bad or Brandon got really lucky because they look hopeless... I dont think Brandon would have beaten any of Kelownas first 3 opponents...

Old
05-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:
LOL Kelowna's explosive forwards?????? sorry to ruin it for ya but the guys in black are from Brandon, they are the ones who have Fehr Monych Konsorada Sindel Stone.....they are the ones being held at every opportunity. Not the other way around.
If they were really being held then there would be a penalty. You don't like Kelowna so you whine about clutch and grab crap. Trolls like you are very tiresome and gets pretty boring hearing the same whine.

Kelowna out shot them something like 45-15 and they don't have explosive forwards? Again troll you don't like Kelowna so you have to whine about something and make up something. Learn a little bit about hockey and then come back and talk good hockey troll.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Ogopogo*

This series is not even close. Kelowna is completely dominating all aspects. I don't even expect Brandon to score another goal, let alone win a game. They have showed nothing at all in the first two games. Their only scoring chances have come on horrible Kelowna giveaways. The Wheat Kings are completely outclassed, this series will not be coming back to Kelowna.

If Kelowna had some talented offensive players, game two would have been 7-1.

Old
05-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
without a doubt......WORST OFFICIATING THAT IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE in tonights game.......wow Kelowna must absolutely love the reffing though....tough to lose when you have 12 power plays a game and the ref never sees the clutching and grabbing that your team does constantly.

Plante played awesome Wheat kings sucked in general. never realized how bad kelowna clutches and grabs till this game tis awful. newjerseydevils version 2.0

lmfao @ the homer broadcasting team for kelowna on shaw cable....hillarious how one minute they say oh there is a penalty coming for kelowna here for sure.....then the ref makes the call Brandon penalty only.......kelowna broadcast team "what a great call by this ref he really knows his stuff" LMFAO Hillarity ensues
Actually, it is a Vancouver broadcast team.

Old
05-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
And the colour guy hates Kelowna and loves the Giants.

Old
05-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Not exactly. More like 50% Vancouver. Russell is a big Rockets homer.

Old
05-08-2005, 03:07 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
If they were really being held then there would be a penalty. You don't like Kelowna so you whine about clutch and grab crap. Trolls like you are very tiresome and gets pretty boring hearing the same whine.

Kelowna out shot them something like 45-15 and they don't have explosive forwards? Again troll you don't like Kelowna so you have to whine about something and make up something. Learn a little bit about hockey and then come back and talk good hockey troll.
its hard to gain the line to get shots when your forwards are being interfered with. And 45-15 isnt explosive forwards, its winning faceoffs and having puck control the whole game, brandon just couldnt get anything going.

Old
05-08-2005, 03:09 PM
allin4466

Quote:
This series is not even close. Kelowna is completely dominating all aspects. I don't even expect Brandon to score another goal, let alone win a game. They have showed nothing at all in the first two games. Their only scoring chances have come on horrible Kelowna giveaways. The Wheat Kings are completely outclassed, this series will not be coming back to Kelowna.

they are a resilient team, if they can refocus themselves they can come back and win a few games at home. How many teams could come back after a 10-1 loss at home to win the next game, and then comeback from down 3-1 in the series to beat Calgary?

Old
05-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:

Watching the Wheat Kings during the playoffs has been like watching two different teams. One night the Wheatkings are world beaters and can really punish teams with their size, speed and skill. Other nights the Wheaties look like they could lose to a girls Pee Wee team from Kenya.

They are a jeckel and hyde team and are extremley frustrating to watch considering all the talent and veteran experience they have. They take dumb penalties and make dumb turnovers and those plays cost them games. I'm a Brandon fan and I thought the officiating was fair last night (other than the missed call on Fehr for a hook, and the exact same play was called on Brandon a minute and a half later), we just need to pull our heads out of are arses.

As wll, at the beginning of the playoffs I said if Plante could have a pretty good playoffs then the Wheaties would have a good shot at the Mem Cup. Plante, a rookie, has played well. It's time for some veterans to stand up, strap this team on their shoulders and play with some passion and desperation. If they don't this series will end in Manitoba.

Old
05-08-2005, 03:45 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
Watching the Wheat Kings during the playoffs has been like watching two different teams. One night the Wheatkings are world beaters and can really punish teams with their size, speed and skill. Other nights the Wheaties look like they could lose to a girls Pee Wee team from Kenya.

They are a jeckel and hyde team and are extremley frustrating to watch considering all the talent and veteran experience they have. They take dumb penalties and make dumb turnovers and those plays cost them games. I'm a Brandon fan and I thought the officiating was fair last night (other than the missed call on Fehr for a hook, and the exact same play was called on Brandon a minute and a half later), we just need to pull our heads out of are arses.

As wll, at the beginning of the playoffs I said if Plante could have a pretty good playoffs then the Wheaties would have a good shot at the Mem Cup. Plante, a rookie, has played well. It's time for some veterans to stand up, strap this team on their shoulders and play with some passion and desperation. If they don't this series will end in Manitoba.
Hard to express it better than that!!!

Closed Thread