HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brandon vs Kelowna

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2005, 04:12 PM
  #76
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Not exactly. More like 50% Vancouver. Russell is a big Rockets homer.
Russell is from Vancouver. He has lived there all his life. He can't be a Rockets homer because he ain't from Kelowna.

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:14 PM
  #77
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
Russell is from Vancouver. He has lived there all his life. He can't be a Rockets homer because he ain't from Kelowna.
I'm well aware of that. But he has been favoring the Rockets for quite some time now. Especially this season.

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM
  #78
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
Watching the Wheat Kings during the playoffs has been like watching two different teams. One night the Wheatkings are world beaters and can really punish teams with their size, speed and skill. Other nights the Wheaties look like they could lose to a girls Pee Wee team from Kenya.

They are a jeckel and hyde team and are extremley frustrating to watch considering all the talent and veteran experience they have. They take dumb penalties and make dumb turnovers and those plays cost them games. I'm a Brandon fan and I thought the officiating was fair last night (other than the missed call on Fehr for a hook, and the exact same play was called on Brandon a minute and a half later), we just need to pull our heads out of are arses.

As wll, at the beginning of the playoffs I said if Plante could have a pretty good playoffs then the Wheaties would have a good shot at the Mem Cup. Plante, a rookie, has played well. It's time for some veterans to stand up, strap this team on their shoulders and play with some passion and desperation. If they don't this series will end in Manitoba.
If I saw any indication of Brandon sparking to life, I would not feel the way I do. The only time in two games that they even controlled the puck was for 30 seconds on one powerplay in game 2. They have shown no signs of life at all. If they can't even put together two or three passes, they are done.

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:16 PM
  #79
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
I'm well aware of that. But he has been favoring the Rockets for quite some time now. Especially this season.
Maybe because the Rockets knocked off his real favorites - the Vancouver Giants.

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:17 PM
  #80
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
Maybe because the Rockets knocked off his real favorites - the Vancouver Giants.
Nice try, but no. He was even favoring the Rockets during the Vancouver series. Even during the regular season games between Vancouver and Kelowna...

That is why it was so funny seeing Wilms paired up with him. Both of them always being homers for each team....

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:21 PM
  #81
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
If they were really being held then there would be a penalty. You don't like Kelowna so you whine about clutch and grab crap. Trolls like you are very tiresome and gets pretty boring hearing the same whine.

Kelowna out shot them something like 45-15 and they don't have explosive forwards? Again troll you don't like Kelowna so you have to whine about something and make up something. Learn a little bit about hockey and then come back and talk good hockey troll.
Get your head out of the clouds Kelowna homer........if you dont think that kelowna plays a clutch and grab/ hooking holding game you are insane.......the garbage in the neutral zone from them is sad........if they have such awesome forwards why dont they play a run and gun game plan? because they know they arent getting called for any penalties at all when clutching and grabbing is why

Letang fan 58 is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:23 PM
  #82
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
Russell is from Vancouver. He has lived there all his life. He can't be a Rockets homer because he ain't from Kelowna.
They are both BC homers.........you dont necesarily have to live in the same city to be a homer for that team?

Letang fan 58 is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:25 PM
  #83
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
They are both BC homers.........you dont necesarily have to live in the same city to be a homer for that team?
True. Either way it isn't really a big issue for me. That is their job to be homers to a degree. But all year long you could sense more enthusiasm coming from Russell when Kelowna scored a goal. And it isn't just me that feels this way, it was mentioned in a previous thread a while back as well...

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:49 PM
  #84
goteam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Paraguay
Posts: 1,103
vCash: 500
I noticed how big of homers they were too. Now does that mean they'll be doing games 3,4,5 in Brandon too?

goteam is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 04:55 PM
  #85
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteam
I noticed how big of homers they were too. Now does that mean they'll be doing games 3,4,5 in Brandon too?
First, I have to say that, the games I do not go to, I watch the TV with the sound off and listen to local Kelowna radio so, I really have no idea what Dan Russell is saying. Being a Vancouver guy, I would assume he is not a Kelowna homer but several posters have said otherwise. OK, I accept that.

The Calgary guy was doing Eastern games, I would assume it will be him in Brandon.

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 05:24 PM
  #86
Belamorte
Feed Your Head
 
Belamorte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North American Scum
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
Get your head out of the clouds Kelowna homer........if you dont think that kelowna plays a clutch and grab/ hooking holding game you are insane.......the garbage in the neutral zone from them is sad........if they have such awesome forwards why dont they play a run and gun game plan? because they know they arent getting called for any penalties at all when clutching and grabbing is why

Please... Kelowna does not play your so called "clutch and grab/hooking holding game", they play a "winning" game and that consists of a hard forecheck which if you actually watched the games you would see that Brandon cannot handle... This so-called super offence of Brandon has been invisable in this series...(1 goal/2 games) 45 shots to 15 I would say one team is the offencive minded one and it sure as heck isnt Brandon... If Brandon played in the west division I am afraid they would have been hard pressed to make the playoffs never mind the WHL finals...

PS... who really cares who the annoucers are going for... Jim Houson is a Canucks homer, Bob Cole is a Leafs homer and Dick Irving was always a Canadians homer and so on... It makes no difference to the outcome of the games....

Belamorte is online now  
Old
05-08-2005, 05:47 PM
  #87
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinghorse
Please... Kelowna does not play your so called "clutch and grab/hooking holding game", they play a "winning" game and that consists of a hard forecheck which if you actually watched the games you would see that Brandon cannot handle... This so-called super offence of Brandon has been invisable in this series...(1 goal/2 games) 45 shots to 15 I would say one team is the offencive minded one and it sure as heck isnt Brandon... If Brandon played in the west division I am afraid they would have been hard pressed to make the playoffs never mind the WHL finals...

PS... who really cares who the annoucers are going for... Jim Houson is a Canucks homer, Bob Cole is a Leafs homer and Dick Irving was always a Canadians homer and so on... It makes no difference to the outcome of the games....
I have to agree. The Rockets do not play the clutch and grab, neutral zone trap kind of game. They are excellent defensively and they have a great forecheck. They come by it honestly, they don't need a crutch. I am bored to tears by traps and clutch and grab. I have been to 10 or 11 Rockets games this year and I have never been bored. They play a fantastic system.

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 08:37 PM
  #88
Youreallygotme
Registered User
 
Youreallygotme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
I have to agree. The Rockets do not play the clutch and grab, neutral zone trap kind of game. They are excellent defensively and they have a great forecheck. They come by it honestly, they don't need a crutch. I am bored to tears by traps and clutch and grab. I have been to 10 or 11 Rockets games this year and I have never been bored. They play a fantastic system.
Exactly! The games this year are completely different than last year. The team forechecks all the time except for late in the game with the lead. I've seen Brandon do more trapping in the first two games . And how does Kelowna not have explosive forwards(to phaneuf fan)?? as soon as the puck is turned over, theyre flying towards the Brandon net. Blake Comeau, Justin Keller, Tyler Spurgeon, Chris Ray, Mosienko, etc. these guys are unbeleivable, and they keep coming all game long.

I do expect to see some of Brandons explosiveness too, back in Brandon, but their defense just cant hold Kelownas offense.

Youreallygotme is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 09:04 PM
  #89
Big Deaner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinghorse
If Brandon played in the west division I am afraid they would have been hard pressed to make the playoffs never mind the WHL finals...
Not true

Big Deaner is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 09:08 PM
  #90
Big Deaner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
I have to agree. The Rockets do not play the clutch and grab, neutral zone trap kind of game. They are excellent defensively and they have a great forecheck. They come by it honestly, they don't need a crutch. I am bored to tears by traps and clutch and grab. I have been to 10 or 11 Rockets games this year and I have never been bored. They play a fantastic system.
Kelowna does play an exciting type of game, some of those games in the Vancouver series was some of the best hockey I've seen all year. The people who say Kelowna is boring are the same people who say the Flames are boring, but to the contrary they both play a high intensity, forecheck-cycle game, of course they trap near the end of the game, but what team doesn't. BTW, I've noticed more clutching and grabbing from Branodn in this series and I've been cheering for Brandon.

Big Deaner is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 09:23 PM
  #91
Greg7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
Kelowna does play an exciting type of game, some of those games in the Vancouver series was some of the best hockey I've seen all year. The people who say Kelowna is boring are the same people who say the Flames are boring, but to the contrary they both play a high intensity, forecheck-cycle game, of course they trap near the end of the game, but what team doesn't. BTW, I've noticed more clutching and grabbing from Branodn in this series and I've been cheering for Brandon.
Hey, someone who actually watches the games and doesn't just listen to the ******** media calling everything that plays good defense a trap.

I haven't thought the broadcasts have had too much homerism. Russel does seem to get a little more excited when the Rockets score, but I think he removes his personal bias from the broadcast well outside of that. I don't think Wilms is cheering for either team, he just says some really dumb things sometimes.

Greg7 is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 10:08 PM
  #92
Belamorte
Feed Your Head
 
Belamorte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North American Scum
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
Not true
Perhaps not true but it was meant as an opinion rather than a fact... However from what I have seen Brandon would not have finished abouve Kelowna, Kootney or Vancouver which would have left them in a battle with PG and Kamloops; and that would have been a battle for them just make the playoffs...

Not aimed at Big Deaner but others in this thread----

Why is it that everytime a team places defensivly sound game combined with good forecheck and some scoring are they considered boring?!? Kelowna was one of the highest scoring teams in WHL this year (just balanced), and just because they seem to work harder then any other team and restrict scoring chances they are considered boring/clutch/grab/hook... I just dont understand the thought there... Maybe we should take all our defensemen off the ice and stop forechecking so the other team can have scoring chances...

Belamorte is online now  
Old
05-08-2005, 11:00 PM
  #93
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
The people who say Kelowna is boring are the same people who say the Flames are boring
Can't say I agree there. I don't like watching Kelowna play at all, however I thought the Flames were very exciting to watch.

Anyway I don't like Kelowna but it isn't for the reasons that some people may think. At the same time though I'm not the type that doesn't give the Rockets the credit they deserve. They are a hell of a team and to be honest, nothing they do really amazes me. I come to expect it with that team.

And even though teams like Rimouski and London will be heavily favored by many, I would be really surprised if they beat Kelowna.

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
05-08-2005, 11:02 PM
  #94
allin4466
Registered User
 
allin4466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,077
vCash: 500
brandon split their two games with kootenay this year. each team won the home game.

kelowna has owned brandon thus far.

vancouver beat brandon 2-1. All games where brandon played in BC were the end of a westcoast roadtrip early in the year.

And just as personal opinion, i think brandon would still do well with this years team in the western conference. They have a good offense, and if they played forever in that conference, eventually they would make the adjustments they need to be in that conference. But as it stands, year after year they mainly load up on offensive talent to take advantage of the conference they are in.

allin4466 is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 12:40 AM
  #95
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinghorse
If Brandon played in the west division I am afraid they would have been hard pressed to make the playoffs never mind the WHL finals
LMFAO no need to be an idiot about it.........I hate to tell you but there is absolutely zero chance that 8 teams in the western conference are better than the top team in the East.........if you honestly think this my time with you is done lmfao

Letang fan 58 is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 02:10 AM
  #96
Big Deaner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 511
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
And even though teams like Rimouski and London will be heavily favored by many, I would be really surprised if they beat Kelowna.
I think this year's mem cup is going to be extremely even and I would give Kelowna, London and Rimouski all the same odds of winning going in.

Big Deaner is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 02:56 AM
  #97
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
I think this year's mem cup is going to be extremely even and I would give Kelowna, London and Rimouski all the same odds of winning going in.
That could be. Who knows. But like I said, Kelowna is just such a good team that always seems to find some way of winning. So regardless of how well both Rimouski and London may have done this season, it is almost too hard to bet against Kelowna, IMO.

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 11:23 AM
  #98
Captain Leaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Petawawa
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
If Kelowna gets to the Mem Cup for the second time in my life i will be cheering for Ontario or Quebec to win it all .
I hate kelowna .

Captain Leaf is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 03:32 PM
  #99
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leaf
If Kelowna gets to the Mem Cup for the second time in my life i will be cheering for Ontario or Quebec to win it all .
I hate kelowna .
You must be two becuase this will be Kelowna's 3rd consecutive trip to the cup.

Why do you hate Kelowna?

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 04:17 PM
  #100
KRF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rocketland
Country: Canada
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leaf
If Kelowna gets to the Mem Cup for the second time in my life i will be cheering for Ontario or Quebec to win it all .
I hate kelowna .
and kelowna hates you also. if kelowna goes to the memorial cup it will be the third time. so you must not be three years old yet if they will go only twice in your lifetime every team that you cheer for loses so please cheer for ontario or quebec

KRF is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.