HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brandon vs Kelowna

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
  #101
Captain Leaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Petawawa
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Thats right ..how could I forget their debacle in Quebec ..i loved that .I hate kelowna because when i drove through there one time some crackhead squeegie kid made a mess of my windshield , but i did manage to get some revenge when i ran over his foot and threw a handfull of pennies in his face .
Also ime aGiants fan .

Captain Leaf is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 09:53 PM
  #102
CF
Registered User
 
CF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
You must be two becuase this will be Kelowna's 3rd consecutive trip to the cup.

Why do you hate Kelowna?
The same reason why a lot of people hate Kelowna?

CF is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 10:08 PM
  #103
Lard_Lad
Registered User
 
Lard_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
The same reason why a lot of people hate Kelowna?
Ah, jealousy. Thanks for clarifying.

Lard_Lad is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 11:20 PM
  #104
CF
Registered User
 
CF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
Ah, jealousy. Thanks for clarifying.
Maybe some.

I personally don't like the style. It's not that they play boring hockey, but to be frank, they are wimps. I love crash and bang old time hockey. Do the Rockets even have a fighter?

CF is offline  
Old
05-09-2005, 11:27 PM
  #105
Greg7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Maybe some.

I personally don't like the style. It's not that they play boring hockey, but to be frank, they are wimps. I love crash and bang old time hockey. Do the Rockets even have a fighter?
Sylvester is their fighter. Doesn't play much at the best of times, and doesn't play at all in the playoffs.

I disagree with your sentiment that the Rockets are wimps. They finish their checks and are very strong in the corners. Not sure what else they should do.

Greg7 is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 12:50 AM
  #106
Youreallygotme
Registered User
 
Youreallygotme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Maybe some.

I personally don't like the style. It's not that they play boring hockey, but to be frank, they are wimps. I love crash and bang old time hockey. Do the Rockets even have a fighter?
WIMPS!!!!??? I'm sorry but they took over the Vancouver series against a very tough team in the corners, by playing physical etc. this is not a team of wimps. I think thats ridiculous.

and about the squeegie kid story

And how can "Greatest Leaf" laugh about the "debacle" in Quebec, at least they made it there In fact that was one of the greatest junior teams ever, they just couldnt pull it together in that week.

Youreallygotme is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 12:51 AM
  #107
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Maybe some.

I personally don't like the style. It's not that they play boring hockey, but to be frank, they are wimps. I love crash and bang old time hockey. Do the Rockets even have a fighter?
LOL.

Their style is winning, what's not to like about that? Old time hockey is great if it allows you to win games. Guess it didn't work to well for the Giants.

Do they need a fighter? They are going to be league champions so, who cares about fighting?


Last edited by Ogopogo*: 05-10-2005 at 01:58 AM.
Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 12:51 AM
  #108
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Maybe some.

I personally don't like the style. It's not that they play boring hockey, but to be frank, they are wimps. I love crash and bang old time hockey. Do the Rockets even have a fighter?
Agreed. That is another reason I don't like Kelowna. A lot of their players talk tough but don't back it up. If you don't want to play tough and fight that is fine. Just don't act tough and not back it up.

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 12:53 AM
  #109
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leaf
Thats right ..how could I forget their debacle in Quebec ..i loved that .I hate kelowna because when i drove through there one time some crackhead squeegie kid made a mess of my windshield , but i did manage to get some revenge when i ran over his foot and threw a handfull of pennies in his face .
Also ime aGiants fan .
You hate Kelowna because of a squeegee kid? LOL.

I can understand the Giants fan reason. Unfortunately it means you will be hating Kelowna for a long time as their dynasty keeps on rolling.

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 12:54 AM
  #110
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Agreed. That is another reason I don't like Kelowna. A lot of their players talk tough but don't back it up. If you don't want to play tough and fight that is fine. Just don't act tough and not back it up.
When were you on the ice to hear the tough talk?

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 12:56 AM
  #111
Hordichuk_24
Registered User
 
Hordichuk_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
When were you on the ice to hear the tough talk?
I can get that info other ways. But it is quite obvious if you watch a game close enough. Especially if you see it live and you are able to see all the chatting the goes on behind the play.

Regardless it doesn't matter. You are a Kelowna fan and you are going to defend your team. I can understand that.

Hordichuk_24 is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 08:10 AM
  #112
Upchuck19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leaf
Thats right ..how could I forget their debacle in Quebec ..i loved that .I hate kelowna because when i drove through there one time some crackhead squeegie kid made a mess of my windshield , but i did manage to get some revenge when i ran over his foot and threw a handfull of pennies in his face .
Also ime aGiants fan .
Your a Giant fan, I am really sorry.

Kelowna finished third in Quebec and got knocked out by one goal, ya thats a real debacle. Has Vancouver ever been out of the first round?

That crackhead squeegie kid was a right winger on the Giants.

Upchuck19 is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 12:19 PM
  #113
Captain Leaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Petawawa
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
No i think it was Tyler Mosienko now that i remember clearer.

Captain Leaf is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 02:44 PM
  #114
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
You hate Kelowna because of a squeegee kid? LOL.

I can understand the Giants fan reason. Unfortunately it means you will be hating Kelowna for a long time as their dynasty keeps on rolling.
Dont talk too soon bucko. You're going to be losing Weber, Palin, Mosienko, and Deschamps for next year. The Giants are just going to get better with guys like Brule and Fistric entering their CHL primes.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 03:22 PM
  #115
Captain Leaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Petawawa
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
And now that the overrated sieve has gone back to europe we wont be down a soft goal every freaking game ..plus Daniel Bertram will be a Giant next year .
Giants will dominate in 06.

Captain Leaf is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 06:26 PM
  #116
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Dont talk too soon bucko. You're going to be losing Weber, Palin, Mosienko, and Deschamps for next year. The Giants are just going to get better with guys like Brule and Fistric entering their CHL primes.
With the system that Kelowna plays, the parts are interchangeable.

Many thought Kelowna would struggle when they lost players like Kiel McLeod, Josh Gorges, Kelly Guard and Jesse Schultz but the team keeps right on rolling. The system works and guys like Cumiskey and Ofukany will fill the gap quite nicely.

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 06:32 PM
  #117
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
With the system that Kelowna plays, the parts are interchangeable.

Many thought Kelowna would struggle when they lost players like Kiel McLeod, Josh Gorges, Kelly Guard and Jesse Schultz but the team keeps right on rolling. The system works and guys like Cumiskey and Ofukany will fill the gap quite nicely.
The only way Kelowna will be this dominant yet again is if Justin Keller makes the jump to be a 40 goalscorer, and Mike Card elevates his game. Yeomans is good - but he plays in a dandy system. This could very well still be a 1st place team without Weber and Palin etc., but guys like Keller and Spurgeon will have to step up and be 70+ point scorers IMO. That balance scoring only works if you have all the tools.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 06:49 PM
  #118
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,814
vCash: 500
Sounds like this series is over. Was it a best of three?

Le Golie is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 06:55 PM
  #119
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
The only way Kelowna will be this dominant yet again is if Justin Keller makes the jump to be a 40 goalscorer, and Mike Card elevates his game. Yeomans is good - but he plays in a dandy system. This could very well still be a 1st place team without Weber and Palin etc., but guys like Keller and Spurgeon will have to step up and be 70+ point scorers IMO. That balance scoring only works if you have all the tools.
Why does Keller need to be a 40 goal scorer? The last 40 goal scorer this team had was Jesse Schultz in 2003. You may have seen that they won the Memorial Cup without one. The Rockets won the Memorial Cup without even one 50 point scorer. So, I have to disagree, these guys do not have to step up and score like that.

Coaching has made the team a dynasty. As long as they don't have complete buffoons for players they can still be an excellent team.

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
  #120
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leaf
And now that the overrated sieve has gone back to europe we wont be down a soft goal every freaking game ..plus Daniel Bertram will be a Giant next year .
Giants will dominate in 06.
link? i haven't seen anything about bertram leaving boston college...

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 08:21 PM
  #121
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,862
vCash: 500
Kelowna Rockets goal scored at 2:50 of the period - Tyler Spurgeon from Mike Card & Clayton Bauer


Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 09:00 PM
  #122
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
Kelowna Rockets goal scored at 2:50 of the period - Tyler Spurgeon from Mike Card & Clayton Bauer

Then what happened?

Le Golie is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
  #123
Captain Leaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Petawawa
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
link? i haven't seen anything about bertram leaving boston college...
i dont have a link ..it was on BCTV sports , they interviewed Ron Toigo and Scott Bonner and they said it was 50/50 he would leave BC to play for El Giantes

Captain Leaf is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 09:15 PM
  #124
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leaf
i dont have a link ..it was on BCTV sports , they interviewed Ron Toigo and Scott Bonner and they said it was 50/50 he would leave BC to play for El Giantes
i would be very, very surprised to see that happen.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
05-10-2005, 09:17 PM
  #125
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leaf
i dont have a link ..it was on BCTV sports , they interviewed Ron Toigo and Scott Bonner and they said it was 50/50 he would leave BC to play for El Giantes
During the Under 18's, Pierre McGuire also said it was very likely that he would be with the Giants next year.

Le Golie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.