Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Brandon vs Kelowna

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Captain Leaf

vCash: 500
Thats right ..how could I forget their debacle in Quebec ..i loved that .I hate kelowna because when i drove through there one time some crackhead squeegie kid made a mess of my windshield , but i did manage to get some revenge when i ran over his foot and threw a handfull of pennies in his face .
Also ime aGiants fan .

Old
05-09-2005, 09:53 PM
CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo
You must be two becuase this will be Kelowna's 3rd consecutive trip to the cup.

Why do you hate Kelowna?
The same reason why a lot of people hate Kelowna?

Old
05-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
The same reason why a lot of people hate Kelowna?
Ah, jealousy. Thanks for clarifying.

Old
05-09-2005, 11:20 PM
CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
Ah, jealousy. Thanks for clarifying.
Maybe some.

I personally don't like the style. It's not that they play boring hockey, but to be frank, they are wimps. I love crash and bang old time hockey. Do the Rockets even have a fighter?

Old
05-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Greg7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Maybe some.

I personally don't like the style. It's not that they play boring hockey, but to be frank, they are wimps. I love crash and bang old time hockey. Do the Rockets even have a fighter?
Sylvester is their fighter. Doesn't play much at the best of times, and doesn't play at all in the playoffs.

I disagree with your sentiment that the Rockets are wimps. They finish their checks and are very strong in the corners. Not sure what else they should do.

Old
05-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Maybe some.

WIMPS!!!!??? I'm sorry but they took over the Vancouver series against a very tough team in the corners, by playing physical etc. this is not a team of wimps. I think thats ridiculous.

and about the squeegie kid story

And how can "Greatest Leaf" laugh about the "debacle" in Quebec, at least they made it there In fact that was one of the greatest junior teams ever, they just couldnt pull it together in that week.

Old
05-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Maybe some.

LOL.

Their style is winning, what's not to like about that? Old time hockey is great if it allows you to win games. Guess it didn't work to well for the Giants.

Do they need a fighter? They are going to be league champions so, who cares about fighting?

Last edited by Ogopogo*: 05-10-2005 at 01:58 AM.
Old
05-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Maybe some.

Agreed. That is another reason I don't like Kelowna. A lot of their players talk tough but don't back it up. If you don't want to play tough and fight that is fine. Just don't act tough and not back it up.

Old
05-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Leaf
Thats right ..how could I forget their debacle in Quebec ..i loved that .I hate kelowna because when i drove through there one time some crackhead squeegie kid made a mess of my windshield , but i did manage to get some revenge when i ran over his foot and threw a handfull of pennies in his face .
Also ime aGiants fan .
You hate Kelowna because of a squeegee kid? LOL.

I can understand the Giants fan reason. Unfortunately it means you will be hating Kelowna for a long time as their dynasty keeps on rolling.

Old
05-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Agreed. That is another reason I don't like Kelowna. A lot of their players talk tough but don't back it up. If you don't want to play tough and fight that is fine. Just don't act tough and not back it up.
When were you on the ice to hear the tough talk?

Old
05-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
When were you on the ice to hear the tough talk?
I can get that info other ways. But it is quite obvious if you watch a game close enough. Especially if you see it live and you are able to see all the chatting the goes on behind the play.

Regardless it doesn't matter. You are a Kelowna fan and you are going to defend your team. I can understand that.

Old
05-10-2005, 08:10 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Also ime aGiants fan .
Your a Giant fan, I am really sorry.

Kelowna finished third in Quebec and got knocked out by one goal, ya thats a real debacle. Has Vancouver ever been out of the first round?

That crackhead squeegie kid was a right winger on the Giants.

Old
05-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Captain Leaf

No i think it was Tyler Mosienko now that i remember clearer.

Old
05-10-2005, 02:44 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
You hate Kelowna because of a squeegee kid? LOL.

I can understand the Giants fan reason. Unfortunately it means you will be hating Kelowna for a long time as their dynasty keeps on rolling.
Dont talk too soon bucko. You're going to be losing Weber, Palin, Mosienko, and Deschamps for next year. The Giants are just going to get better with guys like Brule and Fistric entering their CHL primes.

Old
05-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Captain Leaf

And now that the overrated sieve has gone back to europe we wont be down a soft goal every freaking game ..plus Daniel Bertram will be a Giant next year .
Giants will dominate in 06.

Old
05-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Dont talk too soon bucko. You're going to be losing Weber, Palin, Mosienko, and Deschamps for next year. The Giants are just going to get better with guys like Brule and Fistric entering their CHL primes.
With the system that Kelowna plays, the parts are interchangeable.

Many thought Kelowna would struggle when they lost players like Kiel McLeod, Josh Gorges, Kelly Guard and Jesse Schultz but the team keeps right on rolling. The system works and guys like Cumiskey and Ofukany will fill the gap quite nicely.

Old
05-10-2005, 06:32 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
With the system that Kelowna plays, the parts are interchangeable.

Many thought Kelowna would struggle when they lost players like Kiel McLeod, Josh Gorges, Kelly Guard and Jesse Schultz but the team keeps right on rolling. The system works and guys like Cumiskey and Ofukany will fill the gap quite nicely.
The only way Kelowna will be this dominant yet again is if Justin Keller makes the jump to be a 40 goalscorer, and Mike Card elevates his game. Yeomans is good - but he plays in a dandy system. This could very well still be a 1st place team without Weber and Palin etc., but guys like Keller and Spurgeon will have to step up and be 70+ point scorers IMO. That balance scoring only works if you have all the tools.

Old
05-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Le Golie

Sounds like this series is over. Was it a best of three?

Old
05-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
The only way Kelowna will be this dominant yet again is if Justin Keller makes the jump to be a 40 goalscorer, and Mike Card elevates his game. Yeomans is good - but he plays in a dandy system. This could very well still be a 1st place team without Weber and Palin etc., but guys like Keller and Spurgeon will have to step up and be 70+ point scorers IMO. That balance scoring only works if you have all the tools.
Why does Keller need to be a 40 goal scorer? The last 40 goal scorer this team had was Jesse Schultz in 2003. You may have seen that they won the Memorial Cup without one. The Rockets won the Memorial Cup without even one 50 point scorer. So, I have to disagree, these guys do not have to step up and score like that.

Coaching has made the team a dynasty. As long as they don't have complete buffoons for players they can still be an excellent team.

Old
05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
And now that the overrated sieve has gone back to europe we wont be down a soft goal every freaking game ..plus Daniel Bertram will be a Giant next year .
Giants will dominate in 06.
link? i haven't seen anything about bertram leaving boston college...

Old
05-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kelowna Rockets goal scored at 2:50 of the period - Tyler Spurgeon from Mike Card & Clayton Bauer

Old
05-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
Kelowna Rockets goal scored at 2:50 of the period - Tyler Spurgeon from Mike Card & Clayton Bauer

Then what happened?

Old
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Captain Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
link? i haven't seen anything about bertram leaving boston college...
i dont have a link ..it was on BCTV sports , they interviewed Ron Toigo and Scott Bonner and they said it was 50/50 he would leave BC to play for El Giantes

Old
05-10-2005, 09:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
i dont have a link ..it was on BCTV sports , they interviewed Ron Toigo and Scott Bonner and they said it was 50/50 he would leave BC to play for El Giantes
i would be very, very surprised to see that happen.

Old
05-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
During the Under 18's, Pierre McGuire also said it was very likely that he would be with the Giants next year.

Closed Thread