Brandon vs Kelowna

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Lard_Lad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
last years and the year before were both extremely trap teams.....
They had 311 goals two years ago, over 30 more than the second highest-scoring team. That's one hell of an "extreme trap."

Old
05-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Lauris Darzins in OT yea baby! 3 - 1 Kelowna

Old
05-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
Lauris Darzins in OT yea baby! 3 - 1 Kelowna
What a tough way for Brandon to lose a very important game. This was a big time back breaker for Brandon. No way Kelowna loses at this point.

Old
05-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
What a tough way for Brandon to lose a very important game. This was a big time back breaker for Brandon. No way Kelowna loses at this point.
chances of Brandon winning this series now is slim and none, and slim just left town ... when you have to win 3 straight and 2 on the road to make it to the Mem Cup

Old
05-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Lard_Lad

The score aside, I think that's the best game I've seen Brandon play so far. They seem to be figuring out how to beat the Rockets' forecheck along the boards by breaking out through the middle, and they're doing a good job tying the Kelowna forwards up when they're around the Brandon net. Big change from games one and two, when nothing they did was working.

Last edited by Lard_Lad: 05-11-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old
05-11-2005, 10:24 PM
allin4466

noooooooooo! ever notice how its the team that controls the whole OT that usually loses? brandon got a no call(obviously in OT) on a trip in kelownas zone that took one or two brandon players out.. kelowna comes down, horrible angle.. scores.. dammit

oh well tho, if(im a faithful man) kelowna takes this series, i would put a good amount of money on kelowna winning the mem cup. there forecheck is unreal, there tenacity is incredible, and they DO NOT panic in there own zone, how many times do you see kelowna icing a puck? not often, they always manage to control the puck out of their zone.

oh well, congrats to kelowna, you have been the better team thus far.

Old
05-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

KRF,

Is Lauris Darzins really that skinny (listed on the Kelowna website as 6' 2" 185 pounds) that's really really thin for that heigth ... has he put on some weight during the year?

Old
05-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Many times unfortunately......this is the first year that they havent been absolutely boring......only reason they arent is because they work so hard......Weber is going to wear out playing 40+ mins per game though......last years and the year before were both extremely trap teams.....this year they still trap just not quite as much.
Youre probably not worth my time but youve got one point right - they were unwatchable last year, except in the memorial cup. Two years ago they were like this team(exciting) but with much more finish. Man they led the CHL in scoring, how is that boring??

Old
05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
sbtatter

Even though they lost, i thought this was Brandon's best overall game of the series. The game was a snoozer until Brandon equalized, the 3rd period and OT were in Brandon's favour, hit the post 30 seconds into OT!!! Had the most shots, then Stone was literally tackled in Kelowna's zone (no excuses, the ref didn't call anything on either team), held to the ice as the Rockets broke out and Bodie scored a garbage type goal, there goes Brandpn's season. Would have been an interesting series if they would have won tonight. I think Palin had a record for the most whining to the officials tonight, after every whistle he was complaining about something, just play the game Palin.
Early in the game Brandon just had perimiter shots, nobody got their nose dirty in front of the net. Kelowna scored a weak goal on a poor Brandon line change and defensive meltdown, but after that Brandon looked better (not good!!), but better in their own zone than the previous 3 games. Funny old game, Brandon were the better team for the 1st time, but then lost!!!

Old
05-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
Even though they lost, i thought this was Brandon's best overall game of the series. The game was a snoozer until Brandon equalized, the 3rd period and OT were in Brandon's favour, hit the post 30 seconds into OT!!! Had the most shots, then Stone was literally tackled in Kelowna's zone (no excuses, the ref didn't call anything on either team), held to the ice as the Rockets broke out and Bodie scored a garbage type goal, there goes Brandpn's season. Would have been an interesting series if they would have won tonight. I think Palin had a record for the most whining to the officials tonight, after every whistle he was complaining about something, just play the game Palin.
Early in the game Brandon just had perimiter shots, nobody got their nose dirty in front of the net. Kelowna scored a weak goal on a poor Brandon line change and defensive meltdown, but after that Brandon looked better (not good!!), but better in their own zone than the previous 3 games. Funny old game, Brandon were the better team for the 1st time, but then lost!!!
Tough game to lose..........not a great goal to give up by plante.....first defensive breakdown in the overtime for brandon from a tough angle.

Brandon outplayed Kelowna tonight most of the night......Westblom played great for Kelowna again for the 2nd straight game.....not much drop off from yeomans.....I dont agree with people who think that kelowna outplayed brandon in game 3 though because after the 7 min mark of the first it was brandon's game as well.
Feel so bad for Stone....IMO hardest working player in the dub and he deserves to win.

Old
05-12-2005, 02:24 AM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Hats off to both teams tonite, that was a hell of a hockey game. From the second period on it was end to end hockey and the goalies both stood on their heads.

If whoever wins this series (still prayin for a miracle from Brandon) can maintain the level of play we saw tonite, I would have to say that they have to be considered the favourites going in to the Memorial Cup.

Old
05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:
....IMO hardest working player in the dub and he deserves to win.
Hey on page 10 of this thread you were called out and didn't respond? KRF asked if you knew what a trap was and you don't have the kaunas to answer. Are you scared to answer because you don't know what a trap is or are you admitting that you are a troll?

Old
05-12-2005, 12:00 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
Hey on page 10 of this thread you were called out and didn't respond? KRF asked if you knew what a trap was and you don't have the kaunas to answer. Are you scared to answer because you don't know what a trap is or are you admitting that you are a troll?
that question wasnt even worth answering thats why he didnt answer it ismy guess.

Old
05-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
first note.....Learn to Spell.....2nd note.....not worth my time

Old
05-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Greg7

Quote:
I would also like to know if you have any clue what a trap is (in fact I am being facetious because you have already shown that you don't). After you attempt an answer, I will explain how a trap works if you'd like.

Cohunes is a difficult word to spell, and with your ridiculous (and annoying) use of ellipses you are not in a position to criticize others on grammar.

Old
05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
KRF

Quote:
if you knew what a trap was then you wouldn't be saying the rockets trap.

Last edited by goteam: 05-13-2005 at 02:25 PM. Reason: personal attack
Old
05-13-2005, 02:25 PM
goteam

First warning of the thread. Enough about whether a poster A) knows what a trap is and B) is a troll. Stick to talking about the series and stay away from the personal attacks.
(This is for KRF, Greg7, phaneuf_fan_3, allin4466, and Upchuck19)

Old
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Avery4Byng*

Well heres hoping the Rockets wrap things up tonight

CHEERS

Old
05-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray

CHEERS
Agreed. It will save me $20.

Old
05-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:

CHEERS
I expect this to be Brandon's best game of the year. They seem to play best when their backs are against the wall (i.e. Hitmen series) and I wouldn't count them out just yet.

However, this is Kelowna and not the Calgary Hitmen, I expect Brandon to win tonite but if they hope to win the series they will have to pretty much play mistake free hockey from here on in.

It rattles me that a team with as much talent as the Wheaties could come out so flat during the first two games of this series, if they had played all of the games like the games they played in Brandon I would guess that they would be leading the series right now, but this is the hole they dug for themselves.

Good luck to both teams. Brandon in 7!

Old
05-13-2005, 06:59 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deaner
I expect this to be Brandon's best game of the year. They seem to play best when their backs are against the wall (i.e. Hitmen series) and I wouldn't count them out just yet.

However, this is Kelowna and not the Calgary Hitmen, I expect Brandon to win tonite but if they hope to win the series they will have to pretty much play mistake free hockey from here on in.

It rattles me that a team with as much talent as the Wheaties could come out so flat during the first two games of this series, if they had played all of the games like the games they played in Brandon I would guess that they would be leading the series right now, but this is the hole they dug for themselves.

Good luck to both teams. Brandon in 7!
i dont know whether or not ive stated this on here, but i do NOT like kelly mccrimmon as a coach. IMO there are a few players(ive stated who they are) who shouldnt be anywhere near the ice, and mccrimmon doesnt run a team that is big on discipline. Also, if you look at this series, Kelowna started against Brandon knowing EXACTLY what to expect. It took Brandon 2.5 games to figure out how to play against kelowna. IMO this is all inthe preparation.

Old
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Avery4Byng*

PALIN vs MONYCH
they giv'r on a brandon powerplay...how great is that!

Old
05-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
PALIN vs MONYCH
they giv'r on a brandon powerplay...how great is that!
sweet ... 1-0 Rockets ... lets hope they finish them off, rather than hoping for a 1-0 victory

Old
05-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

2-0 Bodie from Weber & Cumiskey on their first PP

Old
05-13-2005, 08:15 PM
TreyAnastasio

vCash:
So long Wheaties

They were lucky to beat the Raiders. Good riddance.

Closed Thread