Brandon vs Kelowna

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2005, 08:25 PM
allin4466

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyAnastasio
They were lucky to beat the Raiders. Good riddance.
lol.. are you serious?

on another note, kelowna has really deserved to win this series, it hasnt been cheap hockey like itwas vs calgary(on kelownas part, brandons been a little stupid), kelownas just played one hell of a defensive game

Old
05-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

kelowna fans, if ya'd like to chat ...

http://www.geocities.com/admiralschat

Old
05-13-2005, 09:17 PM
TreyAnastasio

vCash:
Show some class

Games gettin out of hand, and the typical low class Wheaties are up to their usual antics.

Old
05-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Monych = done
Stone = 2 & a 10

Old
05-13-2005, 09:18 PM
BCCHL inactive

I just tuned in to see the apparent unravelling of the Wheat Kings. Not even 30 seconds of watching and the linesman gives Monych 5 + Game for slashing and Stone opens his trap to take 10 after getting a Slashing penalty.

Why not just try to get back into the game instead?

Old
05-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Lard_Lad

If anything ugly happens in the third, it's on McCrimmon's shoulders. I really hope Later doesn't see the ice in the last 20 minutes; God knows what he's capable of doing in this situation, especially knowing its his last game in this league.

Old
05-13-2005, 09:26 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyAnastasio
Games gettin out of hand, and the typical low class Wheaties are up to their usual antics.
was gonna ask if you had anything better to do.. but i guess being a PA fan your used to being at the computer instead of the rink come may

Old
05-13-2005, 09:28 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
was gonna ask if you had anything better to do.. but i guess being a PA fan your used to being at the computer instead of the rink come may
So much more mature of a comment.

Old
05-13-2005, 09:31 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
So much more mature of a comment.
in all honesty, he is one of "those guys" that never has anything positive to say about something. Im a diehard brandon fan, yet i'll admit when another team is just flat out better, brandon beat PA during the regular season, beat them in the playoffs, and now this guy has nothign better to do than come on here and make snide remarks about a team. Hell, i'll even agree, some of brandons stuff is low class, they just play with heart and emotion and it sometimes gets the best of them, they are always playing close to the edge, they are just too intense sometimes.

but when kelowna beats brandon out of this series, im not going to come on here and just make ignorant comments about a helluva hockey club

Old
05-13-2005, 09:37 PM
TreyAnastasio

vCash:
Always next year

Just callin it like I see it. Stupid penalties, cheap hockey. I'd be upset too.

Old
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
they just play with heart and emotion and it sometimes gets the best of them, they are always playing close to the edge, they are just too intense sometimes.
That's no excuse, especially for taking a major penalty when your team is on your last legs in the league final.

6-1 now. Just delaying the inevitable now.

Old
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

call off the dogs coach ... no need for blood on the ice

Old
05-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

1 for 22 on the PP for the Wheat Kings ... wow

Old
05-13-2005, 10:01 PM
allin4466

well.. barring an insane comeback.. congrats to kelowna, you deserved it

Old
05-13-2005, 10:02 PM
BCCHL inactive

Later gets a 10. Great call from Herman. Way to nip that crap in the bud.

Old
05-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

plante has got hung out to dry in this series

Old
05-13-2005, 10:50 PM
sbtatter

Sad it's over, but thankful for the memories!!

Brandon lost to a better team, just as PA did....It's ok for the Kelowna fans to gloat but strange to see a PA fan on here, sour grapes me thinks....
Truth be known, Brandon had a really good 1st period, but Kelowna scored on their chances and the Wheaties didn't. I'll be interested to know why the Wheaties didn't play up to snuff in the 1st two games, preparation or something else.... Anyway, they couldn't move Bodie out of the crease on the powerplay and it cost them, then they ran into the penalty trouble and it was all over. Bodie didn't want to fight Later, Late, Konsorada and Monych have played their last games. Great playoff run, to bad Monych hit the post in OT, but as I've said all along, this Kelowna team was too strong.
Onto the Memorial Cup, I pick London to beat Kelowna in the final....

Old
05-13-2005, 10:52 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
1 for 22 on the PP for the Wheat Kings ... wow
Neither PP was very good until tonight....

Old
05-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Atlas

Thanks to you guys who actually watch the games for all your reports. It's fun to read that stuff.

Old
05-13-2005, 11:29 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
Neither PP was very good until tonight....
i really dont like that herman as a ref(i am in NO way saying he was why brandon lost, they lost because they came out flat, and kelowna is a hell of a hockey team).

anyways, he always waits til things get out of control before he starts calling stuff, and then he starts calling everything which really only aggravates the problem, anyways, theres my two cents on that.

Again, congrats kelowna, you deserved it, and i look forward to seeing the dub well represented in this years Memorial Cup

Old
05-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
i really dont like that herman as a ref(i am in NO way saying he was why brandon lost, they lost because they came out flat, and kelowna is a hell of a hockey team).
Herman is a horrible Ref no 2 ways about it..........the reffing again left something to be desired tonight........it didnt cause the wheat kings to lose tonight but it still wasnt good.

Kelowna never quits.....hardest working team that ive seen in quite a while......Brandon outplayed them in the first again tonight i thought and we came out down 2 goals.

I dont think in any way shape or form Brandon was outclassed in this series......I think Brandon played a horrid 2 games in Kelowna but once it was in brandon it was a very even series.

Shea Weber was the diff in my opinion....him and the rest of their defence. and that elf mosienko never losing a faceoff.

Great series for Kelowna......Its going to be a tough ride in the mem cup for sure with London and Rimouski there so good luck.

Very Sad day to see Monych Konsorada Stone and Fehr done with the wheat kings if only everyone had the heart that Stone had.

Old
05-14-2005, 01:50 AM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
Herman is a horrible Ref no 2 ways about it
Yes, that's why he was assigned WHL finals. I expect either him or Chris Savage to represent the WHL at the Memorial Cup. Future World Championships are also a very good possibility for both Herman and Savage.

Old
05-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Congratulations to both teams on good seasons. Good luck to the Rockets in the Mem Cup, I want the Rockets to make the O and the Q fans eat their words and I think they have a good enough team to win. If they can shut down guys like Monych, Konsorada, Later, Stone, Fehr and Sindel I don't see why they can't shut guys like Bolland, Perry, Schremp, Hunter, Crosby, Pouliot and Roussin down.

If I had to bet it will be Kelowna over Rimouski in the finals.

Old
05-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
Herman is a horrible Ref no 2 ways about it.
I thought Herman did a good job tonite in keeping control of the game. When Monych, Stone and Later didn;t want to play hockey he kicked them out of the game.

Old
05-14-2005, 09:18 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Yes, that's why he was assigned WHL finals. I expect either him or Chris Savage to represent the WHL at the Memorial Cup. Future World Championships are also a very good possibility for both Herman and Savage.
In no way do I blame the reffing tonight for Brandons loss, but if you were at the game to see the whole ice there was no doubt Herman was poor tonight. There was a lot of stuff going on behind the puck, then all of a sudden he called Later on that knee, how did he pick that out of everything else? Kelowna took advantage with the Bodie goal. Then he didn't the crossscheck that hammered later at the blueline, Stone came in and did the same crosscheck (I know he shouldn't have retaliated), but the ref called that crosscheck, then the Wheaties unravelled. Herman called some stupid even up non-penalties in the 3rd, but it was too late. In game 4 the ref didn't call much either way, which was fairer in my mind. Last night, as we watched the non call on Later, then the call on Stone one of my mates said "this is going to get ugly", and he was correct.
Anyway, Brandon lost to a better team, at the start of the 3rd on the PP Kelowna had Palin and Weber starting on defence, not a bad pairing!! Who drafted those 2? Is Bodie drafted? He needs to learn to skate a bit better, but in this series looked like a throwback to Dave Andrychuk, too bad that Manitoban escaped the Wheaties organization.
Kudo's to Monych for having the stones to take on Palin after Palin worked him over in front of the net, Monych got a couple good punches in then Palin bullrushed him to the ice.
Impact players of the series on Kelowna's side for me were Bodie, Weber, Palin and Mosienko for his unbelievable winning streak in the faceoffs.
For Brandon, Fehr had 1 good game but was invisible otherwise, so Stone (except for his faceoff woes), Monych, Plante and Later. Reaves was good in patches.
Good luck to Kelowna in London....

Closed Thread