HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GM 2: Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks - May 3 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 03:01 AM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Last season as in when he was still just coming off the injured back?

I only buy that argument if he had horrible advanced stats this year as well, which I don't think he did.
I think omission of the broken back year is fair, so let's compare 10-11 and this year.

This season he had a negative Corsi and relative corsi ratings. In '11 he lead the team in both.

This season he received slightly easier zone starts than '11, however he finished in his own zone a lot more. He drove play backwards (basically the opposite effect a Taylor Hall/David Booth have).

He's also had a disturbing trend of taking far more penalties this year. Normally the penalties show an increase in toughness but he's also being drawing far less penalties. In 10-11 the rate he drew penalties was nearly 5x as many as he took.

I think Raymond's on ice play has shown that he cannot be counted on for secondary scoring and that he's never gotten back to the level of play in years past.

Through the eye test I think Raymond has shyed away from contact a lot more and avoids the puck battles. He's also stopped going wide and drawing penalties.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:09 AM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Still puzzles me how the Canucks can put up an effort like they did vs. Chicago and not 10 days later in a bigger game they drop an egg like that.

Time to step it up, boys. It's now or never.
They basically didn't play for 10 days...

I commented on it during the Anaheim and Edmonton games and everybody seemed to think it was totally fine to take off 2 games right before the playoffs.

Old
05-03-2013, 03:44 AM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think this would be a good opportunity to see if Schroeder is ready(would slot in as 3C) or maybe give Lain a shot. Maybe even Gaunce, depending on how they do in practice.

Even still, Ebbett as a 4C isn't the end of the world, and hopefully it will just be a temporary measure.
The time to "test" guys like Lain and Gaunce is long gone. This is the playoffs where the games actually matter. It should have been done towards the end of the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
How would Ebbett help in the FO department?
Having 5 centers in the line up is better than 4

Old
05-03-2013, 06:21 AM
LetsBeReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall View Post
I wouldn't mind splitting the sedins. It just won't likely happen. But since we're splitting them, I'd rather have Higgins switch with Daniel instead of putting Roy on the first line...

Higgins-Sedin-Burrows
Sedin-Roy-Kesler

Or if you want Higgins-Roy together...

Burrows-Sedin-Kesler
Sedin-Roy-Higgins

Better yet, let's just stack the first line and hope Kesler will spark some life to the Sedins

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Roy-Burrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
Burrows Sedin Hansen
Sedin Kesler Kassian
Higgins Roy Lappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisReynolds View Post
Burrows - H.Sedin - Kesler
D.Sedin - Roy - Higgins
Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
Sesito/Weise - Ebbett - Kassian

why not
Yeah -- the possibilities get quite sexy when you break up the Sedins!

Old
05-03-2013, 06:23 AM
LetsBeReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
The time to "test" guys like Lain and Gaunce is long gone. This is the playoffs where the games actually matter. It should have been done towards the end of the regular season.

couldn't due to cap space, no?

Old
05-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
The Blues' scoring is as anaemic as ours, and that's even when they play well. Stop trying to force this team into a mold we obviously don't fit. We need to play our game, and actually put some pressure in the offensive zone. Playing physical is great, but hockey games aren't decided by the number of hits your team has.
Exactly. To be perfectly blunt, we might be one of the few teams that could pull off the juggernaut offense that use to be the Capital's statement. Unlike them, we do have the defense and goaltending to make it work, which is why it is so bloody frustrating to watch AV play conservative every bloody night.

Old
05-03-2013, 08:31 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post

Just because Ebbett is listed as a center doesn't mean he's any good at face-offs.