HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 2: Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks - May 3 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 12:38 PM
ahmon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
This post is basically a tombstone for the Canucks...if Burrows gets taken off that line that means the twins are struggling, which means we're dead.

We're not winning a thing without the Sedins bringing their game to a higher level. It's their window that's closing, they need to play better and play harder, simple as that.
The sedins DO need to be better, but that doesn't mean we just roll over and give up if the the twins don't.

Against chicago during our cup run, Sedins were very quiet in the last few games (coincidentally Bolland returned).

What happened in Game 7? AV put Burrows with Kesler and boom they combined for the critical first goal.

This is what AV should do for Game 2.

-Start the game with the twins/Burrows. If after the first period the twins have no jump, THEN you take Burrows off that line.

Sedins are easy to tell if they are on their game. When Sedins play well they cycle and hem the other team in their own zone.
If they don't do that they are practically useless.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:39 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

I'm just utterly stunned at how mediocre we've become on the FO dot. It seriously can't be Manny's absence that's effecting it that badly.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Numbers

Suprised no one has mentioned anything about Schneider starting.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I'm just utterly stunned at how mediocre we've become on the FO dot. It seriously can't be Manny's absence that's effecting it that badly.
It is. We can't win a draw in our own end these days, Manny used to win most of them. That's a big swing.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:43 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Suprised no one has mentioned anything about Schneider starting.
There's speculation that he has a groin problem..

Considering he didn't even backup in Game 1, Im skeptical he can outright start on Friday.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:46 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
It is. We can't win a draw in our own end these days, Manny used to win most of them. That's a big swing.

Maybe Jussi Jokinen would have helped? He was on freaking waivers.

The guy hovers around 58-60% faceoff.

He is overpaid at 3 or so, but probably more help than Ballard making 4.2 in the press box.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon View Post
Maybe Jussi Jokinen would have helped? He was on freaking waivers.

The guy hovers around 58-60% faceoff.

He is overpaid at 3 or so, but probably more help than Ballard making 4.2 in the press box.
Jokinen would not fit on team cap next year.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM
GoTeamDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Could remove the bold and would be representative of how I feel.

There are no longer any players on this team that I get excited when the puck is on their stick. That drive offense or hammer home pucks with killer instinct.

For better or worse, GMMG and AV have a team of robots with similar skill sets who lack personality with the puck for fear of reprimand.

Pieces might mostly be the same but this isn't the same team as 2010-11. Unless they can find some heart, they are as good as toast.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Fat Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Memo to Henrik: Shoot the puck.
Daniel breaking his foot was the best thing to happen to Henrik's all-round offensive game. Too bad that the effect of having to play without his brother has worn off.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Jokinen would not fit on team cap next year.
why worry about the cap next year?

if this team loses in the 1st round (I still have faith they can do win), do we really want the core to stay in tact?

Old
05-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Numbers

Quote:
There's speculation that he has a groin problem..

Considering he didn't even backup in Game 1, Im skeptical he can outright start on Friday.
Schneider said he was ready, I don't think he is far off. Team probably wanted him on the bike working during the game to keep him in shape.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:54 PM
crazycanuck

I want to see AV load up the top 2 lines.
Sedins-Burrows
Roy-Kesler-Higgins
Kassian-Lapierre-Hansen
Raymond-Schroeder(is he injured?, Ebbett for lack of a better option if he is)-Weise

Old
05-02-2013, 12:55 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Schneider said he was ready, I don't think he is far off. Team probably wanted him on the bike working during the game to keep him in shape.
hopefully.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
hopefully.
Goaltending is the least of the team's problems right now; no matter who is in net.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
BAuldie

Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Still can't get over how awful the Sedins were in that game. Moreso Daniel than Henrik. Every time Daniel would have a shot opportunity, he'd hang on to it or triple pump and basically throw it away.

Also have to stop the little mental breakdowns. 2nd and 3rd goals were a direct result of soft plays when first getting to the puck after a shoot in. 2nd goal resulted from Hamhuis not getting enough mustard on a clearing attempt around the boards and the 3rd was from Luongo, for whatever reason, ringing the puck around the boards to a Sharks player instead of leaving it for the Canucks defenseman that was right in front of him.

This team isn't like the 2010-11 team that could pull off a series win if the Sedins weren't rolling. If the Sedin's don't get involved, there's no way we can win 4 games.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Goaltending is the least of the team's problems right now; no matter who is in net.
Goaltending can be the difference while we sort out our problems.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Could it have been better? Sure. But again, there are FAR bigger problems with the team right now & that is what I'm concerned about.

Why not have 'Finn' behind the bench if we're just going to rely on the goalie to bail out the team? Heck, have the 'Green Men' back there; at least they'll be more entertaining than a guy chewing gum.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:58 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
is the least of our problems, but that doesn't mean you don't start the better goalie, if you can.

Old
05-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:

if this team loses in the 1st round (I still have faith they can do win), do we really want the core to stay in tact?
This is how I'm really starting to feel..... and for the first time I might add.

If this team loses in the first round, and the Sedins do absolutely nothing it will seriously be hard to follow this team next year. We're screwed if our best players can't be our best players when it counts the most.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
If we lose in game 7 of overtime; I'm not so sure what we should do.

If we lose the next four or five games like last night? Entire coaching staff should be visiting the EI office as a start.

I'm not saying AV (or the rest of the coaching staff) is insane but...""Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.".

Old
05-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

What if they win the first round and still cannot retain Jokinen. Or find I difficult to move him considering he cleared waivers. What then? GMs have to operate with the cap in mind, always.

On the game: it's been said that the play at ES was even. SJ had 7 scoring chances to VANs 5. However, VAN had 0 chances in the 3rd, being down a goal. That's a concern. They also gave up more zone time to the Sharks. So while you could make an argument that the play was even, the possession time of the sharks and the futility of the Canucks "attack" was readily apparent at ES. The edge was with the Sharks.

Special teams the Sharks owned.

This team is even money to get bounced in the first round. It shouldn't be like that, but it is.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:08 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Luongo played well in relief but he's not the starter anymore. This is Schneider's team now, if he's healthy he starts.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:08 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
This is how I'm really starting to feel..... and for the first time I might add.

If this team loses in the first round, and the Sedins do absolutely nothing it will seriously be hard to follow this team next year. We're screwed if our best players can't be our best players when it counts the most.
AV for one would have to go. WE do have a lot of players with NTCs though. Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Garrison, Hamhuis, Bieksa....doesn't seem we can just trade these guys away.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:09 PM
DJOpus

I was listening to the guys talk about what Larry Robinson is doing in San Jose and it makes me sick!

We have needed a guy like Larry Robinson on our coaching staff for years. He teaches the little details and low and behold, the Sharks seem to have improved their breakouts and how they play along the boards tremendously.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Or find I difficult to move him considering he cleared waivers. What then? GMs have to operate with the cap in mind, always.
There's always the compliance buyout option - though it's very likely that option will be already exercised with respect to Ballard & Booth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I was listening to the guys talk about what Larry Robinson is doing in San Jose and it makes me sick!

We have needed a guy like Larry Robinson on our coaching staff for years. He teaches the little details and low and behold, the Sharks seem to have improved their breakouts and how they play along the boards tremendously.
Robinson has always said he never wants to be a head coach every again. Though I wouldn't have a problem with him being in charge of the blueline.

Closed Thread