HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

LatvianTwist's 2013 Mock Draft 3.0 (Top 14 - Lottery Edition)

Old
05-01-2013, 07:22 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
LatvianTwist's 2013 Mock Draft 3.0 (Top 14 - Lottery Edition)

Pick Team Player Position Change in Position Reasoning
1st Seth Jones Defender None After winning the lottery, there's no easier pick in the draft than #1. Colorado takes the hometown defender with elite #1 potential to hopefully put an end to their rebuild.
2nd Nathan MacKinnon Center None Another easy pick, MacKinnon is far and away the BPA and conveniently fills a position of need. He'll provide the most dominant offensive force Orlando has seen since Bure and be a fixture on their first line with Huberdeau for many upcoming years.
3rd Jonathan Drouin Winger None Arguably the BPA, Tampa finds their heir to St. Louis. He'll be producing well before Martin retires however, and gives Tampa one of the deepest and scariest top 9s in the entire league.
4th Aleksandr Barkov Center None Another easy pick, Barkov fits the mold of a defensively solid forward that Nashville covets, but adds an offensive dimension they've lacked in their entirety outside of Radulov. The combination of offensive skill and defensive ability makes Barkov too good to pass up for the team craving a top notch forward.
5th Elias Lindholm Center Up 2 Carolina has a tough choice between Monahan and Lindholm, but the slick skill and talent of Lindholm ends up winning out. With the ability to play all three forwards positions, Lindholm gives them some versatility in their top 6 and cements a great group of young forwards.
6th Hunter Shinkaruk Winger Up 3 A team with no prospect depth anywhere, they take Shinkaruk to add a near elite offensive player to their pool. Drafting heavily out of the WHL, this pick may not be popular, but Feaster seems to target one guy every year, and Shinkaruk's the apple of his eye in 2013.
7th Curtis Lazar Center Up 8 They'll take some heat for passing over Monahan for Lazar, but Edmonton will stick with a guy they have loads of interest and confidence in over an unknown commodity. Regardless of how much of a reach it's considered, they're snagging a great player and will be happy with him as a #2/3 tweener to compete with Gagner.
8th Valeri Nichushkin Winger Down 3 Another team passing over Monahan? Yup. The Sabres pass on the 67s' center to take one of the most offensively talented players this year. A Grigorenko - Nichushkin pair for the future could be one of the most dominant duos in the league, and the thought of that is the driving force behind this pick.
9th Sean Monahan Center Down 3 Finally, his plummet stops, as the Devils salivate at the chance to add such a defensively sound center. He's pretty much a perfect fit for New Jersey, and will provide a great 1-2 punch with Zajac down the middle for the future.
10th Rasmus Ristolainen Defender Up 2 Only the second defender taken, the Stars capitalize on the run of forwards taken beforehand to get their choice of defenders, and they choose the big, near-NHL-ready Finn. The RHD cements a great future on the blue-line in Dallas, as their depth is borderline elite on the backend after this pick.
11th Darnell Nurse Defender Down 3 A near perfect scenario for Philly, they're able to snag the big, nasty defender without having to move up. He'll hopefully take over the void left by Pronger within the next 2-3 years, and adds to an already bright future in the City of Brotherly Love.
12th Alexander Wennberg Center Down 1 Another great fit, Wennberg hopefully takes over the #1 center spot, and provides a Ribeiro-esque player in the offensive zone, something Tippett covets, while bringing the defensive ability expected of Phoenix players. He and Hanzal will be a ridiculously strong 1-2 punch, frustrating other teams' top forwards night in and night out.
13th Bo Horvat Center Up 7 Probably the most well-rounded player in the draft, the Jets add to an already deep group of centers, hoping Horvat turns into an O'Reilly-esque player, a near-elite #2. He'll join Scheifele and Burmistrov to give the Jets a 3-deep group of top notch centers.
14th Anthony Mantha Winger Down 4 Going with the BPA, they add a player with top 10 talent, but a 7th round attitude. They'll take that risk, though, in hopes that he develops into a first line forward who can be a threat from anywhere on the ice. His size is just an added bonus for a team that seems to want to get bigger as well.

Mock Draft 2.0

Mock Draft 1.0

Any comments or constructive criticism would be gladly welcomed.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 07:58 PM
hlaverty06

I love if Monohan falls to us, but I have such trouble trying to figure out what we do with another center....We have Zajac, Henrique, Loktionov, Josefson as natural centers...then we have guys like ELias, Zubrus, and Carter who can play center but are on wing right now. If Nichushkin could fall one spot I would be so happy

Last edited by hlaverty06: 05-01-2013 at 08:08 PM.
hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I don't think Mantha has a 7th round attitude. Have you seen him play or something?

Anyways looks good.

Personally would rather have lindholm and barkov switched and im going to jump on the fucale bandwagon for NJ. and publicly declare my support

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:12 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
I don't think Mantha has a 7th round attitude. Have you seen him play or something?

Anyways looks good.

Personally would rather have lindholm and barkov switched and im going to jump on the fucale bandwagon for NJ. and publicly declare my support
Heard some awful things about his attitude off the ice.

I could see them interested in Fucale, but not at 9.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Heard some awful things about his attitude off the ice.

I could see them interested in Fucale, but not at 9.
I haven't heard that but that's interesting.

I also can understand the NJ stuff, but Fucale does have top 10 talent.

Old
05-01-2013, 08:32 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:

Anyways looks good.

And who does Toronto take?!

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:37 PM
JurassicTunga

No way we take Shinkaruk there. Monahan would be the guy

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:22 PM
FlamesFreak4
PLOFFS BABY

vCash: 8454
Carolina, who doesnt need another C, takes Lindholm
Calgary who desperatly needs C, takes a winger?

really cant see calgary passing on Monahan. Perfect choice.

FlamesFreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
And who does Toronto take?!
They trade their first to boston for Seguin

Old
05-01-2013, 10:28 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
They trade their first to boston for Seguin
If you're gonna make a sarcastic post, at least do it to benefit your own team.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:11 AM
The Cat Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Pick Team Player Position Change in Position Reasoning
2nd Nathan MacKinnon Center None Another easy pick, MacKinnon is far and away the BPA and conveniently fills a position of need. He'll provide the most dominant offensive force Orlando has seen since Bure and be a fixture on their first line with Huberdeau for many upcoming years.

Mock Draft 2.0

Mock Draft 1.0

Any comments or constructive criticism would be gladly welcomed.

The Cat Captain is offline   Reply With Quote